• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

BuRT!

So I am a total newb at this game, how do you effectively use C4 in multiplayer? It seems crappy if you have to babysit it

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
BuRT! said:
So I am a total newb at this game, how do you effectively use C4 in multiplayer? It seems crappy if you have to babysit it

Try playing Search and Destroy, Domination, or Headquarters gametypes. Its not usually the most effective in FFA/TDM.

neoism

Vyse The Legend said:
:bow

I think I was the first person on GAF to get it. I even had an IW dev or two PM me with congrats. :D

What would you consider the hardest game you beat??, becasue damn man you hard fucking core, I can't even beat it on hard.

MoxManiac

BuRT! said:

When you get a high enough level you can unlock C4 that triggers when an enemy steps near it.

NoirYuki

MoxManiac said:
When you get a high enough level you can unlock C4 that triggers when an enemy steps near it.

Umm...you mean claymores? That's not exactly C4, but I'm guessing that's what you mean.

Rayme

gamerecks said:
Great, im at 55, but its showing me with -1007 xp to 55, and wont let me do prestige. I JUST WANT TO GO TO PRESTIGE!!!
Dammit, that sucks. This will get fixed; might take awhile before you see it, though (patches move slowly in console-land). Sorry for the frustration!

Geoff9920

Wow, I started playing Headquarters matches today and the points really come quickly! :O Being able to get 500 - 900 points in a round without completing any challenges is nice. :D

Dear dude on PSN with the crying baby,

Please, stop playing the game for 5 minutes and check on your child... or unplug your mic so I don't have to listen to it suffering.

Love,
ThirstyFly

xoxo

Crisis

Banned
ThirstyFly said:
Dear dude on PSN with the crying baby,

Please, stop playing the game for 5 minutes and check on your child... or unplug your mic so I don't have to listen to it suffering.

Love,
ThirstyFly

xoxo

QFT x100

The latter part of that also applies to the little suburban kids who will not stop saying the n-word to everybody that has a mic. Infinity Ward devs reading this - YOU HAVE TO ADD A MUTE FUNCTION TO THE PS3 VERSION OF THE GAME.

Geoff9920

Crisis said:
QFT x100

The latter part of that also applies to the little suburban kids who will not stop saying the n-word to everybody that has a mic. Infinity Ward devs reading this - YOU HAVE TO ADD A MUTE FUNCTION TO THE PS3 VERSION OF THE GAME.
As far as I'm concerned, they can copy bungie's a-hole button for both console versions of the game.

Geoff9920 said:
As far as I'm concerned, they can copy bungie's a-hole button for both console versions of the game.

Do explain, please. Something SERIOUSLY needs to be done about the mics.

I can't understand why Sony has it set up so the mics are ALWAYS on. Don't you have to hold down a button to talk on Live?

Crisis

Banned
ThirstyFly said:

I can't understand why Sony has it set up so the mics are ALWAYS on. Don't you have to hold down a button to talk on Live?

Whoa. Sony didn't set it up that way. Infinity Ward did. In the 360 version of CoD 4 it's open mic, too.

Geoff9920

ThirstyFly said:

Just so we're clear... Which are you asking? Explain what the bungie a-hole button is or if it's possible? If it's the second, no idea if it's possible but I don't see why not. But what do I know. :p

Crisis said:
Whoa. Sony didn't set it up that way. Infinity Ward did. In the 360 version of CoD 4 it's open mic, too.

Isn't MotorStorm the same way (always on)? I don't have a mic, so I don't know the details and those are the only online games I have. Well then, I poo on IW for the stupid setup.

Geoff9920 said:
Just so we're clear... Which are you asking? Explain what the bungie a-hole button is or if it's possible? If it's the second, no idea if it's possible but I don't see why not. But what do I know. :p

I'm asking what the a-hole button is. I never played Halo online (never had an Xbox or 360).

Halvie

Banned
What was IW reasoning for the fucking ridiculous spawns? I have noticed it a lot more now that I have played a while. It is routine for me to be spawned right behind someone who has killed me and vis versa a second after I/he was killed. Guess it is more of a noob game than I originally thought.

Crisis

Banned
ThirstyFly said:
Isn't MotorStorm the same way (always on)? I don't have a mic, so I don't know the details and those are the only online games I have. Well then, I poo in IW for the stupid setup then.

I'm asking what the a-hole button is. I never played Halo online (never had an Xbox or 360).

Well the 360 has the ability to mute anybody at any time to begin with. The a-hole button is located within Halo 3 and instantly mutes somebody without going through the hassle of the guide menu and whatnot. I think you press the back button and use the right stick to cycle through the players and just mute them that way for the rest of the match.

And Motorstorm is the same way yes. But games like Resistance and Warhawk require you to press L3 on the stick to start talking.

Crisis said:
Well the 360 has the ability to mute anybody at any time to begin with. The a-hole button is located within Halo 3 and instantly mutes somebody without going through the hassle of the guide menu and whatnot. I think you press the back button and use the right stick to cycle through the players and just mute them that way for the rest of the match.

Oh man, that sounds perfect. I'll have some of that please!

Geoff9920

ThirstyFly said:
Isn't MotorStorm the same way (always on)? I don't have a mic, so I don't know the details and those are the only online games I have. Well then, I poo on IW for the stupid setup.

Sure thing, when you hit the back button to bring up the current points in a multiplayer game, you can hi-light someone's name with the right stick and hit X to mute them. Simple and quick.

edit: too slow.

NoirYuki

Other suggestions for this fine game:

-Please shrink the objective markers! Even just a small bit of text would be fine. I've died because I couldn't see anything but the giant "Target A" marker when there was an enemy behind it.

-Could we at least get a short timer at the start of a round when no one can call airstrikes? Spawn slaughters get old, especially in S&D. Bad enough that people have learned just the right trajectory to hit spawns with the M203, let alone calling in an airstrike.

-I wouldn't mind seeing the giant "KILL" marker disappear in Hardcore mode.

-Speaking of Hardcore, I wish more of those servers would just leave killcam off for chuckles.

-People sniping at extreme ranges with SMGs and LMGs? I love the way they just seem to glue those dots and ACOGs on the LMGs. It all just seems kind of weird.

-Filters for game modes: Hardcore, Old School, etc.

I swear I thought of other things while I was playing today...anyway, yeah. I wish the game was a little slower and more tactical, rather than the run-and-gun grenade spam fest that it is, but still a good time.

Treo360

I love this game when you get a good team going, however when you have a bad one . . .

Example:

I have these two old timers on my friends list back from the graw days, a much slower paced game I might add, now whenever they are on I feel obligated to invite them even though I know what comes next. One guy swears he's a sniper and often just camps in one spot never moving. Oh, and that spot? Well, he manages to camp spots no one really frequents, so now I'm "short" one guy.

The other, well, bless his heart, he's a Doctor in real life, and I think he should stick to doing that and avoid this game. The man is always late to the action, late on the trigger, and I swear, he must be deaf. Everyone starts rushing the objective (Sabotage) I get killed and there he is crouch walking to the objective from our spawn!

WTF?!?!?

This is always the case, regardless of me telling him that crouching and walking serve no purpose in this game, other than hiding behind cover.

5 games in a row and these two combined for a total of 0 kills, yeah that's right, 0.

/rant

Still love this game when I'm not getting stuck on walls and corners.

Treo360

Rayme said:
Dammit, that sucks. This will get fixed; might take awhile before you see it, though (patches move slowly in console-land). Sorry for the frustration!

After that Fix the fraking wall/crate/car/object stick please. That crap is old and tired. I'm sure this was mentioned many times during the Beta.

Barnolde

Banned
CoD4 PS3 on sale for $40:
8dy9q9c.jpg

Rogosh

Geoff9920 said:
Sure thing, when you hit the back button to bring up the current points in a multiplayer game, you can hi-light someone's name with the right stick and hit X to mute them. Simple and quick.

edit: too slow.

It has been awhile, i'm still waiting for my copy of cod4 to be returned, but if i remember correctly cod4 does have the a-hole button. It works the same way as Halo, it just isn't advertised.

pr0cs

Finished COD4 last night. I got all the achievements except the 30 intel pieces. For the life of me can't find which one is missing so fuck it.
Mile high club on veteran is pretty hard but I'll be honest "No Fighting in the War room" was much harder for me. The checkpoints wouldn't trigger so I had to make it through the entire part many many times without dying sans checkpoint... brutal. Needless to say I was swearing a LOT.

In all I still COD4 veteran was a better experience than COD3 veteran but neither compare to COD2 veteran, which was awesome.

COD3 vet was 1000x harder than COD4 and a lot less satisfying.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
pr0cs said:
For the life of me can't find which one is missing so fuck it.

You should be able to narrow it down to the level. Start a mission, pause, go to cheat menu, it will say how many intel items are in the level, and how many you've found.

The hardest one is the One Shot, One Kill mission at the end when you're waiting for chopper evac, at the Ferris Wheel. After helicopters let out a bunch of enemies, a door to one of the apartment buildings opens up.

oo Kosma oo said:
I've joined the ranks of the prestiged ones, no more m60 and deagle for me!

No wonder I hardly ever see any red tiger camo, everyone seems to be addicted to sending themselves back to zero.

Bit-Bit

Treo360 said:
WTF?!?!?

This is always the case, regardless of me telling him that crouching and walking serve no purpose in this game, other than hiding behind cover.

Actually, I don't know what version you are playing. But on the PC, I play with surround head phones on and the dumbest thing people do is move around uncrouch. I hear them immediately and have the upper advantage of knowing they are there and can thus anticipate them.

However, I do sprint from one place to the next but only when I'm in the open do I sprint.

EmSeta

Felix Lighter said:
I use
M16
Red Dot site
Bandoleer
Stopping Power
Deep Impact

I can see the benefit of Fragx3 but I bitch so much about grenade spamming that it wouldn't feel morally right to use it :p and Bandoleer keeps those killing streaks going!

Deep Impact has come in handy too much for me to abandon it for Extreme Conditioning, which I did use for a while.

Wow, that's exactly what I use. And for the same reasons. Stopping power rocks!

You should try Steady Aim also, sometimes it's handy in smaller levels when you need to spray a few bullets from the hip.

pr0cs

Goreomedy said:
You should be able to narrow it down to the level. Start a mission, pause, go to cheat menu, it will say how many intel items are in the level, and how many you've found.

The hardest one is the One Shot, One Kill mission at the end when you're waiting for chopper evac, at the Ferris Wheel. After helicopters let out a bunch of enemies, a door to one of the apartment buildings opens up.
Thanks for the tip, I was unaware a cheat menu even exists! :lol

I got that intel, I read an online guide and I'm pretty sure I got them all but yet it still says 2 missing. Hopefully the cheat thing will point out which ones I mistakenly thought I got already.

MoxManiac

Holy crap, I can't get a freakin game going! I managed to get a few minutes into a ground war until "Host ended game". I can't even get a TDM to come up. What the fuck?

calder

MoxManiac said:
Holy crap, I can't get a freakin game going! I managed to get a few minutes into a ground war until "Host ended game". I can't even get a TDM to come up. What the fuck?
Did I shoot you yesterday? I was playing the PS3 version and I think I saw your username, but I have no idea if it was you. If so, I apologize. ;(

Man, I played off an on so freaking much yesterday while trying to fulfill my WoW obligations. I went up I think 5 levels or so, but at about 5am I realized how incredibly bad I was playing and finally stopped. I had gotten to that point where I was mostly laying down, watching the TV and not really noticing/caring that I was just walking around dying without even seeing the enemy. :lol

Insaniac

Giant Robot said:

Ehhh... I think its rapid fire for mainly semi-auto guns. I don't see it being that beneficial as you have to aim properly and you'll waste your ammo really really quickly

unomas

Banned
Mile high club will hopefully be mine in a few hours. I beat the game on Vet last night and I practiced enough mile high club after to learn the patterns of what to do. It's frustrating, and requires some luck but I think I'll get it. If feels like one of the hardest thing I've ever attempted in a game that was within reason. Some games are just cheap, this actually takes some skill and pattern recognition to defeat and a little luck doesn't hurt either.:lol

t4ng0

unomas said:
Mile high club will hopefully be mine in a few hours. I beat the game on Vet last night and I practiced enough mile high club after to learn the patterns of what to do. It's frustrating, and requires some luck but I think I'll get it. If feels like one of the hardest thing I've ever attempted in a game that was within reason. Some games are just cheap, this actually takes some skill and pattern recognition to defeat and a little luck doesn't hurt either.:lol

I always feel like i don't have enough bullets in my clip to take out all the guys in each room(the way most people do it- 1clip=1room of guys)

also, I keep getting stuck on guys that are in last stand. #$&*!

Kosma

Banned
I keep being surprised as to how bad some people are, especially on some of the simple maps like Shipment or Complex (?). Even my friend who doesn't own the game and isn't used to the Sixaxis (360 guy) and came over today to play some got 10+ streaks on these maps.

It's like some people don't develop the knowledge on how to play a map.

calder said:
Did I shoot you yesterday? I was playing the PS3 version and I think I saw your username, but I have no idea if it was you. If so, I apologize. ;(

Man, I played off an on so freaking much yesterday while trying to fulfill my WoW obligations. I went up I think 5 levels or so, but at about 5am I realized how incredibly bad I was playing and finally stopped. I had gotten to that point where I was mostly laying down, watching the TV and not really noticing/caring that I was just walking around dying without even seeing the enemy. :lol

What´s your kill death ratio like now?

zenbot

I only realised last night that even without Overkill, if you pick up a weapon when you have your pistol drawn, you'll replace your pistol, and not your primary weapon. Face met palm when I realised. This changes everything!

I hit level 49 this morning and I am encountering some seriously clever play now. I'm playing mostly as a sniper by choice, as I've met most of the weapon challenges (that is, the kill-count, not the headshot ones). Playing against another good sniper is an excellent learning experience, and against the best is revelatory: I've had games where every time I've walked past a window I've died, but have never been able to locate the other sniper.

Top Bottom