• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

ElyrionX

Treo360 said:
What?

No, not worthless at all. I've taken out a great many people from afar with my M16 RDS. Sure you're able to see further but your accuracy takes a hit with the ACOG, no such penalty with the RDS.

As far as I know, the accuracy "penalty" that shows on the stat of the weapon when you put on an ACOG scope relates to the fact that your crosshairs will move about when you're aiming through the scope. That only means that it's more difficult to aim when using the scope as you would have to compensate for the crosshair's movement but it hasn't been an issue for me. At long range, the ACOG is way better than the RDS.

chapel

Banned
Anyone having issues playing after the 360 Dashboard Update?

I cant get into any games, specially with my brother. The game in menus will freeze for up to 30 seconds before responding as well as making the dashboard unresponsive. IW really needs to release an update, the issues need to be fixed.

aku:jiki

chapel said:

I cant get into any games, specially with my brother. The game in menus will freeze for up to 30 seconds before responding as well as making the dashboard unresponsive. IW really needs to release an update, the issues need to be fixed.
It wasn't directly after the update. It was perfectly fine earlier today, but tonight it's completely fucked up. It's the same for all of my friends. Invites flip between not being sent at all and working fine, matchmaking can work or it can split up your party worse than ever before and matches can load up but then crap out when it's finished loading. Pretty much everything is broken.

Is it just COD4 or is all of Live FUBAR?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Well looks like I'm forever stuck in Veteran. I can not for the life of me beat the part as Paul Jackson where you're in a big room full of computer monitors and TVs. I've tried like 50 times, die within a few minute every time. :(

MaX_PL

Banned
yeh i just put in COD4 and everything is messed up. dunno about other games. i'm pretty sure its XBL though considering i cant view any of my friends profiles.

chapel said:

Yup getting the exact same problem. I finally got into one game and I guy said "whoa will the game actually start" so I think its alot people that are all of a sudden having these problems. Are the developers/MS aware of this or hasnt been smoothed out already. I stopped once it started taking 3 minutes just to load a room only to kick everyone out.

ICallItFutile said:
Well looks like I'm forever stuck in Veteran. I can not for the life of me beat the part as Paul Jackson where you're in a big room full of computer monitors and TVs. I've tried like 50 times, die within a few minute every time. :(
Here's a trick that I beat it with. Run straight towards the point where the enemies spawn and throw a nade in the process so it explodes right before you get there. It'll kill a bunch of dudes and just spray and try to kill the rest of the guys. Then just camp in that little hallway. Worked the first time I tried it. :lol

chapel

Banned
Well I checked out the CharlieOscarDelta forums and people over there are insane with accusations. Basically they are saying that the new dashboard update borked live and bricks consoles, so don't update or get on your 360. I can honestly see witch burning coming back in style, just replace the witches with Microsoft execs.

From what I can tell, and that no other games are having issues, is that this is isolated to COD4. It only recently started to happen, and can freeze your xbox. I don't know anything else, and have not heard anything from IW or MS about the issue. It does not seem likely to be all over xbox live but only isolated to cod4.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
CajoleJuice said:
Here's a trick that I beat it with. Run straight towards the point where the enemies spawn and throw a nade in the process so it explodes right before you get there. It'll kill a bunch of dudes and just spray and try to kill the rest of the guys. Then just camp in that little hallway. Worked the first time I tried it. :lol

What I've been doing is first take out the two enemies on the second floor, throwing a grenade into the room straight ahead of you when you enter, then run into that room until I get to the other end of it. My biggest problem is when they throw grenades in the hallways I try to move out of the way and get shot. :( I have yet been able to make it to the other side. Closest I've gotten is 15 (meters?). When you get there, do the enemies stop spawning?

ICallItFutile said:
What I've been doing is first take out the two enemies on the second floor, throwing a grenade into the room straight ahead, then moving into that little hallway trying to fight my way through. My biggest problem is when they throw grenades in the hallways I try to move out of the way and get shot. :(
I know what you're talking about. I tried that too and also got subsequently naded to shit. Just try my strategy a few times. I don't remember them throwing any nades in that small enclove when I did it. I got to shoot most of the terrorists in the back. My fellow Marines also took care of a bunch of the enemies. They don't stop respawning COMPLETELY, but I'm almost certain it helped a great deal since they can't respawn from that particular point anymore.

aku:jiki

CajoleJuice said:
They don't stop respawning COMPLETELY, but I'm almost certain it helped a great deal since they can't respawn from that particular point anymore.
Yes, they do. Just keep killing them and they eventually stop. What I did after an hour of trying every possible angle, was just to hang out at the entrance to that big room and shoot anybody who got close, pushing my fellow marines out (forcing them to go in and start shooting some people before they inevitably died and respawned, repeat). Very easy, but takes 15-20 minutes of hardcore camping.

aku:jiki said:
Yes, they do. Just keep killing them and they eventually stop. What I did after an hour of trying every possible angle, was just to hang out at the entrance to that big room and shoot anybody who got close, pushing my fellow marines out (forcing them to go in and start shooting some people before they inevitably died and respawned, repeat). Very easy, but takes 15-20 minutes of hardcore camping.
I should've said "immediately." They stop respawning from that spot, but keep spawning from other areas for a little while. Definitely easy. I don't remember it taking 15-20 minutes though.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
CajoleJuice said:
I know what you're talking about. I tried that too and also got subsequently naded to shit. Just try my strategy a few times. I don't remember them throwing any nades in that small enclove when I did it. I got to shoot most of the terrorists in the back. My fellow Marines also took care of a bunch of the enemies. They don't stop respawning COMPLETELY, but I'm almost certain it helped a great deal since they can't respawn from that particular point anymore.

Are you talking about the hallway on the right? They nade me like crazy there.

ICallItFutile said:
Are you talking about the hallways on the right? They nade me like crazy there.
There's only one door you can enter the room from right? It's diagonal from that door. Near the left side of the far wall below the second floor. It's a small enclove. Just watch for where the guys spawn from. Run there. Nade them. Then camp.

They seriously need to add a mute function already. I'm pretty bad at the game and want to play more to get better and earn more perks, but 90% of the time I end up in a game with someone that insists on playing music over their mic non-stop for the entire match. I find it very annoying (as well as distracting) and it turns me off the game right away. Then it's such a pain in the ass to find another game thanks to the match making, so I just stop playing.

And if it's not music, it's someone talking trash and swearing constantly. I've put in about 4 hours so far, and I don't think I've heard anyone use the mic for a useful purpose yet.

Seriously, who the hell would think everyone would want to listen to their choice in music for an entire match in a game where sound is very important? What a bunch of ignorant jerks.

No, I don't want to listen to R&B or Vanilla Ice while I play. Thank you very much.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
IcebergSlim3000 said:
Yup getting the exact same problem. I finally got into one game and I guy said "whoa will the game actually start" so I think its alot people that are all of a sudden having these problems. Are the developers/MS aware of this or hasnt been smoothed out already. I stopped once it started taking 3 minutes just to load a room only to kick everyone out.

Serious issues here as well. I can't play any game type. Bummer.

Well, off to Assassin's Creed.

Kosma

Banned
As until January 30th I have 3 to 5 hours homework a day to prepare for exams I use the time it takes to get into a game wisely :)

I think my defending a flags will be over soon as I will hit prestige mode...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
CajoleJuice said:
There's only one door you can enter the room from right? It's diagonal from that door. Near the left side of the far wall below the second floor. It's a small enclove. Just watch for where the guys spawn from. Run there. Nade them. Then camp.

Excellent info. I'm going through the game on normal for my first run, figured I would enjoy the game leisurely before I play against voodoo enemies. I enjoyed CoD2 more on Veteran than any other setting but CoD3 was just plain horrible at times on Veteran. I figured I would take it easy, enjoy the experience and then go at it.

But anyways I've gotten past that TV station part and was dreading playing through that on Veteran. I already was mentally beaten. Very glad I popped in here today and read your suggestions.

There is hope for me yet. :D

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I'm having some damn hard timed going through the game on veteran. Right now I'm stuck as Soap, shortly after the heli-crash. It's night and we're going past farms and stuff, and after a while a helicopter joins in to gangband me to hell. Seriously, as soon as I take a step outside my shelter to kill of the enemies I'm almost instantely being shot at by it, and often it kills me right on the spot. That makes it hard to try and take the guy in the helicopter out too.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
ICallItFutile said:
I have no idea how you're suppose to go through the basement doors after Gaz opens them. I'm turned into swiss cheese every time I run for it. :(

I had a hard time with that too. Took like ten tries :lol

I'm like a couple of minutes past that. And I'm stuck.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
ItsInMyVeins said:
I had a hard time with that too. Took like ten tries :lol

I'm like a couple of minutes past that. And I'm stuck.

I finally was able to get through. Had to run right after Gaz went through. Veteran is pretty hard, but nothing compared to Legendary.

armubaba

Just finished the game. The whole
shooting Zakhaev
concept was a great little addition. The epilogue level was fun as well.

So I'm now giving MP a swing, or at least trying to. I've been stuck on the same "Getting Match Quality..../Searching for Match..." screen for about 45 minutes now. What's the deal? Is there anything I can do to actually be able to play....?

armubaba said:
So I'm now giving MP a swing, or at least trying to. I've been stuck on the same "Getting Match Quality..../Searching for Match..." screen for about 45 minutes now. What's the deal? Is there anything I can do to actually be able to play....?

PSN or LIVE?

On PSN, I seem to get stuck there fairly often. If I don't find a game within a minute, I just press circle to leave the lobby, then go back to find a game and it always finds one pretty fast after that.

Narag

ICallItFutile said:
I finally was able to get through. Had to run right after Gaz went through. Veteran is pretty hard, but nothing compared to Legendary.

Wait until Pripyat. *shudders*

Rayme

XBLive is having big problems, today. It's apparently affecting most titles' ability to matchmake. Nothing that IW can do about it. =\

armubaba

Rayme said:
XBLive is having big problems, today. It's apparently affecting most titles' ability to matchmake. Nothing that IW can do about it. =\

That explains it, I guess. Hopefully it gets fixed by tomorrow then.

Sean

Banned
That's pretty cool that they can do that.

I'm level 49 (in Prestige) or something and have like no guns to level up anymore so this should help.

Iron_Scimitar said:
Message of the Day: Earn double XP this weekend! Starts Dec. 7th.

Well I guess I'll get back to playing CoD4 after a few days away playing Assassin's Creed and now replaying Bioshock now won't I?:lol

Top Bottom