• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

calder

I have a CQC class with silenced SMGs and UAV jammer, useful for Vacant and one or two other maps, but in general I don't care if someone knows I'm coming as long as I have the bigger gun when I get there. :lol I wish there was a map almost entirely indoors that had parts of it so dark you had to use your night vision. That'd be damn cool.

I didn't have any network/login issues tonight and about half my friends list is online playing, so hopefully everyone is able to play. I personally think the extremely fussy (if not downright broken) Party system is the biggest hassle. It should NOT be so hard to get 4 people together in one lobby, hell we all end up phoning each other to make sure the others are really online (I've seen someone listed in COD4's friend list who was actually playing a different game) and they can see the party invites. Then when we finally get going it seems we have one or two maps total before the party crashes out going back to the lobby or else someone gets kicked out and we have to do it all over again.

Quagm1r3

digital said:
Juggernaut multiplies damage by 0.75 to decrease it. In other words, you have around 135 health compared to the normal 100.

Source (scroll to the bottom of the linked message)
Weapons Damage List
Some Perk Effects

I looked at the damage list and I was surprised to see that the sniper rifles all had the same everything, EVEN DAMAGE, and that the only thing that was different was the sway after a shot. Honestly, this doesn't seem balanced to me. It's saying that the better snipers, the ones you can only get at higher levels, actually have MORE kickback but the SAME damage. Would someone explain to me why this is considered acceptable?

I finally get into some good games and then I get that weird error that signs me out of PSN. CoD4 requires that you be signed in to play and promptly boots me out of the game. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Could this be an IW problem? Everyone seems to be having difficulty connecting to matches on the 360 end lately.

Oh, and on headquarters I went 80-37 on Shipment. Yes, I am proud. Killed myself with an airstrike a couple times though :(.

X26

Banned
Quagm1r3 said:
I looked at the damage list and I was surprised to see that the sniper rifles all had the same everything, EVEN DAMAGE, and that the only thing that was different was the sway after a shot. Honestly, this doesn't seem balanced to me. It's saying that the better snipers, the ones you can only get at higher levels, actually have MORE kickback but the SAME damage. Would someone explain to me why this is considered acceptable?

That can't be true. Whenever I use a sniper I also use stopping power. If the guy doesn't have juggernaut then a .50 cal torso shot is a one shot kill but from other snipers it isn't.

I just played a game where we were outnumbered. We had 4 players versus their five or six. More people join. Guess which team it put them on? Yeah, it ended up FOUR VERSUS SEVEN. I was extremely pissed off because a lot of times in Search and Destroy one person difference can make or break the game. I took a picture of it I was so flipped off by it. The game never attempted to balance the teams either.

Quagm1r3

X26 said:
That can't be true. Whenever I use a sniper I also use stopping power. If the guy doesn't have juggernaut then a .50 cal torso shot is a one shot kill but from other snipers it isn't.

I figured, especially since the dmg readers for sniper rifles are different depending on the gun in-game.

Quagm1r3

A question...

So the UAV Jammer says that you're undetectable on enemy radar. Does this also include firing an unsilenced weapon?

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Quagm1r3 said:
A question...

So the UAV Jammer says that you're undetectable on enemy radar. Does this also include firing an unsilenced weapon?

No, when you fire without a silencer you show up as long as you are firing.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Quagm1r3 said:
A question...

No, it's a UAV Jammer - firing your weapon and appearing on the enemy's radar has nothing to do with a UAV. That's why you need to use a silenced weapon also.

I tried out the UAV Jammer tonight, along with a silenced M14, and I gotta say, my scores were pretty ridiculous. 18-3, 24-3, etc. Woulda had more kills if we didn't dominate in HQ :) The M14 is now my baby and I'll never leave it. Yet, there times when I thought, "if I had an M16, that guy woulda been dead."

lunlunqq

Just started prestige II today. Reached level 12. I had my best 2 sniping games with the default sniper rifle. A 17-0 game in Count Down and a 25-0 in Strike. I feel that the M21 is weaker than other sniper rifles. It often takes 2 shots for the M21 to kill someone while all other rifles do one-shot kill most of the time.

Is there anyway to tell a Prestige player, other than having a different icon? I don't remember all 55 or whatever icons, so I have no idea if they're different or not. Is there a standard style Prestige icons have?

digital

Banned
Quagm1r3 said:
I figured, especially since the dmg readers for sniper rifles are different depending on the gun in-game.
If one of you guys with the PC version want to confirm that the in-game graphs are inaccurate, you can dig around the game's files yourselves.

Just un-zip iw_11.iwd in the folder named "main" that's in your COD4 folder. There are a bunch of folders and files in there for both the single player weapons, music, multiplayer weapons, and etc. Common sense should guide you to the right files. ;)

P.S. Don't forget to rename iw.11.iwd to iw_11.zip or else your extractor of choice might not recognize it.

Danj

Btw, anyone know why sometimes during a game, my hard drive suddenly starts churning like crazy and I get lagged for a couple of seconds? (PC version obviously). I have an E6600, 2 gigs of RAM and an 8800GT, the COD4 data files are all defragged, the page file is defragged, I have the latest COD4 patch and the latest Punkbuster version, so anybody have any ideas what could be causing it?

X26

Banned
ThirstyFly said:
Is there anyway to tell a Prestige player, other than having a different icon? I don't remember all 55 or whatever icons, so I have no idea if they're different or not. Is there a standard style Prestige icons have?

PrestigeRankIcons.jpg

djkimothy

lunlunqq said:
Just started prestige II today. Reached level 12. I had my best 2 sniping games with the default sniper rifle. A 17-0 game in Count Down and a 25-0 in Strike. I feel that the M21 is weaker than other sniper rifles. It often takes 2 shots for the M21 to kill someone while all other rifles do one-shot kill most of the time.

M21 is definitely the weakest, I usually stick with the bolt action sniper rifles.

BeeDog

Fucking hell, COD4 is destroying my social life atm, it was such a long time ago I got addicted to shit like this (and I'm scared now). Just played a HQ game on that missile map (always forget what it's called), and got 64 kills and 14 deaths. I lit up like that N64 kid at that moment; thanks new year!

anyone know if iw plans to add an option to kick players from a game? the team killing in hardcore is starting to piss me off. Lastnight I was playing a game with a player named tjweezy18 and he got pissed because I was getting all the kills in search and destroy so he started killing me at the start of each round. I tried running away but the f**ker chased me across the entire map trying to kill me. we ended up losing.

Kyoufu

TGateKeeper said:
anyone know if iw plans to add an option to kick players from a game? the team killing in hardcore is starting to piss me off. Lastnight I was playing a game with a player named tjweezy18 and he got pissed because I was getting all the kills in search and destroy so he started killing me at the start of each round. I tried running away but the f**ker chased me across the entire map trying to kill me. we ended up losing.

Wow that is sad lol

Hope for online humanity -1

djkimothy

oo Kosma oo said:
I think I'll put the game up for sale cause it's borked to the max.

I keep saying that to myself, but it's the only game with decent sniping action. I guess I'll hold off till Socom comes out.

Kosma

Banned
djkimothy said:
I keep saying that to myself, but it's the only game with decent sniping action. I guess I'll hold off till Socom comes out.

I see you on every day man, but it won't even let me join your games :/

Gattsu25

Banned
I can't play online anymore on my PS3 version...CoD4 hangs up 'Downloading Game Settings' when I try to retrieve the list of playlists. It's been this way ever since the patch.

Bit-Bit

TGateKeeper said:

Why can't you just kill him before he kills you? While he has to re-spawn go around the map killing the other team and every time he gets in your line of sight, kill him.

I did that once. It felt good.

djkimothy

oo Kosma oo said:
I see you on every day man, but it won't even let me join your games :/

Yah, I'm usually on for the sniping. :) There's nothing more satisfying than pegging someone off as they run laterally across your screen.

Join/inviting people is tough. Cause you don't get the invite till long after it's sent, and by that time the room you're in is full. Keep trying, cause eventually it works. But yah, netcode is flawed beyond belief.

Now that I have UT3 and Orange box, my time will be divided up.

Andokuky

Banned
oo Kosma oo said:
Well that's that, I put it up for sale, I don't have the patience anymore for this POS.

Welcome to Christmas time online gaming. This is about the norm for an online game dealing with the influx of people who got the game for Christmas. It's fucked up on both consoles, in a short time I'm sure it will all be ironed out.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Whoa, this game is so amazing, it's got magic capabilities! I'm playing on Veteran the mission where I need to run to the barn to get the rocket launcher to take the helicopter down.

The helicopter has a magic sight that can shoot me up the first second it gets a line of sight. Against impossible odds, I've found a spot where to shoot the gunner in the helicopter, making him drop out. And boom - more magic, more and more shooters appear from the helicopter as I keep dropping them down. There are more people in the helicopter than the volume of the helicopter - now if this is not pure magic then what is?

GOTY and 10/10 total!

Chittagong said:
Whoa, this game is so amazing, it's got magic capabilities! I'm playing on Veteran the mission where I need to run to the barn to get the rocket launcher to take the helicopter down.

The helicopter has a magic sight that can shoot me up the first second it gets a line of sight. Against impossible odds, I've found a spot where to shoot the gunner in the helicopter, making him drop out. And boom - more magic, more and more shooters appear from the helicopter as I keep dropping them down. There are more people in the helicopter than the volume of the helicopter - now if this is not pure magic then what is?

GOTY and 10/10 total!
:lol

Kosma

Banned
Andokuky said:
Welcome to Christmas time online gaming. This is about the norm for an online game dealing with the influx of people who got the game for Christmas. It's fucked up on both consoles, in a short time I'm sure it will all be ironed out.

It's been like this since launch.

Chittagong said:
There are more people in the helicopter than the volume of the helicopter - now if this is not pure magic then what is?

GOTY and 10/10 total!

ITS A FESTIVUS MIRACLE!

I'm out of town so I can't play COD 4 online until I get back but I have only had one day ever where the problems made it unplayable and that was right around when Live was being upgraded that last time.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
welcome me to the party!

i just picked up the game a day or two ago, played through the entire thing yesterday, and am ready to tackle online! any recommendations for weapons/classes? from my single player recollection, i liked the guns with the red laser sight, i think they were sas.

by the way, the single player game was gorgeous, fun, and very very well put together. my only complaints were the many battles in which enemies just keep coming infinitely until you advance the squad and that it was much to short.

yoopoo

Banned
op_ivy said:
welcome me to the party!

i just picked up the game a day or two ago, played through the entire thing yesterday, and am ready to tackle online! any recommendations for weapons/classes? from my single player recollection, i liked the guns with the red laser sight, i think they were sas.

by the way, the single player game was gorgeous, fun, and very very well put together. my only complaints were the many battles in which enemies just keep coming infinitely until you advance the squad and that it was much to short.
For the first time online player I'd recommand the light machine gun, as soon as you see something move just start spraying bullets..it has good range too. No need to reload this gun, barley runs out of ammo. Also get the grip add on after you get the upgrade.

And run as much as you can. Grab the running perk too.

avaya

I haven’t played MP as addictive as this since I first heard of CS!

I’ve had this thing crash on me so many times though. Will just send me back to XMB. Also had it stutter like hell (not connection related). Still it’s damn addicting, just to get all those challenges done drives you on.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
lunlunqq said:

The best run I had was 40 - 12 with Silence MP5 with Perks: 3 Stuns, UAV, and Martydom.

Also, a few you guys keep inviting me to play with you on PS3 version. I only play TD, I not a big fan of the other modes. So please keep that in mind when you invite me, thanks.

Kyoufu

avaya said:
I haven’t played MP as addictive as this since I first heard of CS!

I’ve had this thing crash on me so many times though. Will just send me back to XMB. Also had it stutter like hell (not connection related). Still it’s damn addicting, just to get all those challenges done drives you on.

Yup, I'm surprised how good it is. I've only had the XMB crash only once, hopefully it stays that way.

h3ro

I finished the M16 Challenges today... Trying to decide on whether I should stick with it as my main weapon or should I move on to another Rifle...

What do you guys think I should do, I've unlocked all the Rifles up to the G3.

Bit-Bit said:
Why can't you just kill him before he kills you? While he has to re-spawn go around the map killing the other team and every time he gets in your line of sight, kill him.

I did that once. It felt good.
I started doing that but everytime you kill a teammate you get -50 points. I am trying to rank up not down :(.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
So when's that patch coming out that fixed Sniper Rifle and ACOG scope accuracy and host migration, etc.. I heard it was supposed to be out in December, so.. 13hrs left!

Domino Theory said:
So when's that patch coming out that fixed Sniper Rifle and ACOG scope accuracy and host migration, etc.. I heard it was supposed to be out in December, so.. 13hrs left!

Nobody reads prior posts. Actually he said he hoped it would be out soon but he never said December definitively. It's going through Microsoft Certification which isn't even taking place during the holidays. The patch will most likely hit sometime in early Jan.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Stoney Mason said:
Nobody reads prior posts. Actually he said he hoped it would be out soon but he never said December definitively. It's going through Microsoft Certification which isn't even taking place during the holidays. The patch will most likely hit sometime in early Jan.

Yeah, I JUST read that on CharlieOscarDelta.com.

My bad.

Top Bottom