• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

See

I'm thinking of renting COD4 today, is it safe to assume that I could finish the single player on veteran in two days?

Sushen

Kyoufu said:
The best part of the P90 is that not only is it very accurate, but it also has a giant clip size, so you can gun dun 4 people in a row without reloading.

I'd use stopping power but that means not having UAV Jammer, which is a deal-breaker.

I used to use stopping power with P90, and it was pretty unstoppable. Thing about P90 is it's got distance covered, so that I can use it for pretty much all purpose, unless I want to go Rambo with my RPD. P90 with stopping power and RPD with double tap are toss ups, except RPD got more recoils.

chico

See said:
I'm thinking of renting COD4 today, is it safe to assume that I could finish the single player on veteran in two days?

i died a lot on veteran... but you can make it in 48 hours. ;)

try it, if its too hard just switch to normal difficulty. its really more fun...

See

chico said:
i died a lot on veteran... but you can make it in 48 hours. ;)

try it, if its too hard just switch to normal difficulty. its really more fun...

Thanks, I really wish I could buy it, but it's damn expensive here in NZ, even second hand!

king

Banned
wow fuck this game, i mean its awseome but on hradened some parts are insanley brutal, the part i just threw my controller at the tv for the mission 15 years ago getting to the extraction point

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
king said:
wow fuck this game, i mean its awseome but on hradened some parts are insanley brutal, the part i just threw my controller at the tv for the mission 15 years ago getting to the extraction point

Kick it down to normal difficulty. Trust me. It's way less frustrating.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I really wish you could bust down doors in this game. That's my one wish.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
king said:
can you in the middle of a mission

also does auto aim disabled make a big difference? i have it off

Pretty sure you would have to restart the current mission, but you should consider it in order to save you television from certain death.

Auto-aim gives you some help, but it ain't gonna hide the magical super annoyance of infinite enemies until I walk past the trigger box gameplay issues.

TEH-CJ

Banned
oo Kosma oo said:
Do I look stupid or what? It's looking for games for more then 10 minutes normally, even up to 20 sometimes.

It's driving me nuts, especially since all other PS3 games work fine. And I never had problems with 360 game either.

Your not the only one dude

ive been sitting in the lobby for about a good 20 min now...

raYne

BeeDog said:
Wow, thanks for the links. Just the thing I was looking for. What say you guys, is it worth keeping Juggernaut (aka does it actually matter that much) or are the other perks much more valuable?
Not really.

Both Stopping Power and the Jammer are far more useful. Plus, if the guy shooting you has stopping power equipped, it doesn't really matter if you have +30% health. In my case, it just means I have to shoot you three times instead of two. Heh. Plus, you still go down in one headshot, so you know.

Juggs is only worth using in your primary weapon is the shotgun. Everything else? meh.

urk said:
wat perks?
:lol Oh, urk..

Bandolier + Double Tap + Extreme Conditioning.. *winks*

king

Banned
urk said:
Pretty sure you would have to restart the current mission, but you should consider it in order to save you television from certain death.

Auto-aim gives you some help, but it ain't gonna hide the magical super annoyance of infinite enemies until I walk past the trigger box gameplay issues.
this is a major problem i dont recall reading in reviews

raYne

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"this is a major problem i dont recall reading in reviews"

Which are you talking about? Switching difficulties?
Hopefully he's not talking about the latter. Since this is a COD game, so duh? I'd be more surprised if it didn't have that issue. I chuckle to myself everytime someone mentions it, since it's pretty much a staple of the series.

"im talking about the endless enemies before you cross an inmaginary line"

I do prefer it not being like that but from what I've played so far I think it's a lot better in this one than it was in COD3. I haven't really had an issue. Maybe later on it gets worse :/

BeeDog

Yeah, the matchmaking issues are ridiculous. Only got into one game the last couple of hours (but thankfully it's the best TDM match I've ever done in a multiplayer game :lol , 30 kills and 4 deaths on Bloc, sent 3 helis after the enemies :p).

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
king said:
im talking about the endless enemies before you cross an inmaginary line
]

Infinite enemy respawns seem to have been towned down a lot in COD4. I've been in many encounters where I pick a good spot to take cover/pop-out in, pick off enemies, and after a certain point in time, it all stops and checkpoint reached. :D

zam

Kyoufu said:
Being invisible on the radar is priceless.
Yup, as soon as I hear "Enemy UAV online" I just smile, because that means that people will be running right by me, since everybody looks at the radar when the UAV is active, and if they don't see that red dot on it they are going to think there is no one in there and go running by me.

Right now my favorite setup is: Silenced AK-47 + Bandolier + UAV Jammer + Deep Impact or Dead Silence.

On my second Prestige Mode and I just can't be bothered to use all of the other weapons to unlock the challenges 'cause I love that setup so much.

It's wonderful on HQ, I'll be sitting in a room capturing the HQ, the enemy will run in thinking the room is empty cause there's nothing on the UAV, and I'll shoot four enemies in the back from my little corner :D

zam said:
Yup, as soon as I hear "Enemy UAV online" I just smile, because that means that people will be running right by me, since everybody looks at the radar when the UAV is active, and if they don't see that red dot on it they are going to think there is no one in there and go running by me.

Right now my favorite setup is: Silenced AK-47 + Bandolier + UAV Jammer + Deep Impact or Dead Silence.

On my second Prestige Mode and I just can't be bothered to use all of the other weapons to unlock the challenges 'cause I love that setup so much.

It's wonderful on HQ, I'll be sitting in a room capturing the HQ, the enemy will run in thinking the room is empty cause there's nothing on the UAV, and I'll shoot four enemies in the back from my little corner :D

When I (or my teammates) sends up a UAV, I quickly glance at the radar map and do a quick head count. I generally play the 6 on 6 modes, so if I don't see 6 red dots, then I ignore it for the most part. For me, the UAV comes in most handy while planning my airstrike.

Sushen

tootthekazoo said:
When I (or my teammates) sends up a UAV, I quickly glance at the radar map and do a quick head count. I generally play the 6 on 6 modes, so if I don't see 6 red dots, then I ignore it for the most part. For me, the UAV comes in most handy while planning my airstrike.
Also, once you learn the maps, you develop a habit of checking possible spots enemies can hide. Running around the map leasurely is so noob thing to do.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
zam said:

I'll have to try the uav jammer out. I've always used stopping power (or juggs) as Perk 2.

I just unlocked the M14, the gun I've been waiting for (damn that recoil tho), so maybe i don't need stopping power.

I got into a couple matches in the FFA playlist today. Heard someone new mention that "This is the worst multiplayer ever." No doubt the Christmas newbies are getting a little turned off by all the XboxLIVE trouble. I hope they manage to sort this out soon. Frankly I'm surprised the problems are still persisting.

Quazar

Eric WK is too sick. Takes all the kills. :lol Shouldn't of stopped playing for so long, he makes me look like utter shit now.

Sushen

Kyoufu said:
UAV Jammer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Juggernaut
It depends on your playing style. I'm more of mowing-down-enemy-type that doesn't bother knocking the door, but busting through it. I could use little more health while Rambo-ing around. :) Also, the game is about getting the best shooting angle while not giving the opponent shooting angle. There is a better spot than any place in most maps meaning you can't sit in one place that is totally safe.

When playing online I hear a lot of talk about people thinking about switching to SOCOM when it comes to PS3 due to the problems of the matchmaking, host quitting, and Hardcore playlist. The promised update would fix most issues. Too bad they didn't get it out for us PS3 gamers before Christmas. :\

Kyoufu

Quazar said:
Eric WK is too sick. Takes all the kills. :lol Shouldn't of stopped playing for so long, he makes me look like utter shit now.

PS3 or 360 version?

Sushen said:
It depends on your playing style. I'm more of mowing-down-enemy-type that doesn't bother knocking the door, but busting through it. I could use little more health while Rambo-ing around. :) Also, the game is about getting the best shooting angle while not giving the opponent shooting angle. There is a better spot than any place in most maps meaning you can't sit in one place that is totally safe.

See, the thing is, with UAV Jammer you're in a far better position to hunt down enemies and set up good angles for yourself. Remember that you're invisible on the radar meaning you can go wherever you want. What I do is stick to the side of maps and kill people from behind, its great.

Another thing to remember is that Stopping Power is made redundant if you kill an enemy with him being able to fire back or even see you. UAV Jammer allows you to kill whilst lurking in the shadows. I find that much better than an attack increase which compromises my position on a map, meaning I'm never safe from enemy fire.

The Silencer complements this perk very well by making you completely invisible and also makes your bullets not make much noise. I've killed so many people with their teammates beside them and yet they have no clue what just went on :)

Honestly, I can never go back to Stopping Power now.

Finding a game has been an exercise in frutsration. Trying to find a game where the lobby doesn't close after one or two rounds, IF even makes it past a match, has been impossible tonight.

I'm hard pressed to think of a game that's lasted so I've made it through one full rotation of the maps. In any mode.

Edit: On Stopping Power, it has its uses, it just depends on the mode you're playing. I like to use the following load out for HQ: p90, 3xFrag, Stopping Power, Martyrdom. You spam your nades, run in like a maniac, spray and pray as many enemies as you can, the stopping power really helps here, and when you die you take out enemies or cause them to scatter from capturing the HQ with martyrdom.

zam

commish said:
I'll have to try the uav jammer out. I've always used stopping power (or juggs) as Perk 2.
I used Stopping Power almost exclusively as my slot 2 perk for my first two times around (regular mode then Prestige mode first time around) and I'm loving UAV + Silencer.

I played with silenced MP5 and UAV Jammer in the beta but have barely touched it in the final game, it was fun but now I've started using it again and this time with a silenced AK and it's like heaven.

Always felt that a silenced smg was a little wrong for my game, mostly cause I'm a pretty overall kind of player, long-range, mid-range and close-range and the silenced AK-47 together with the UAV Jammer fits my game perfectly. It's fun to have the enemy never knowing where you are (unless you count kill-cam, but I rarely sit in the same spot for long).

Find Game
Team Deathmatch
Getting match quality...
Trying to join potential matches...
Waiting for 5 more players...
Wait a bit
Leave Lobby?
Yes
Find Game
Sabotage
Getting match quality...
Wait
Leave Lobby?
Yes
Find Game
Donimation
Getting match quality...
Wait
Leave Lobby?
Yes
Find Game
Ground War
Getting match quality...
Waiting for 7 more players...
Wait
Leave Lobby?
Yes

Sushen

zam said:
Always felt that a silenced smg was a little wrong for my game, mostly cause I'm a pretty overall kind of player, long-range, mid-range and close-range and the silenced AK-47 together with the UAV Jammer fits my game perfectly. It's fun to have the enemy never knowing where you are (unless you count kill-cam, but I rarely sit in the same spot for long).

I also play a lot of mid-to-long range sometimes. Your AK-47 solution sounds tempting, and I'm going to have to try it out tonite.

h1nch

xbox live is a complete piece of shit at the moment. i've been able to play like 2 games in the last hour because of connectivity issues to live and general instability in the cod4 lobby

I really wish they would have had the option for dedicated servers like Warhawk. Having a game end because a host quit is really frustrating due to how frequent it happens. Especially since they have HTDM and HS&D lumped together currently (PS3 version). I think, FINALLY some Search and Destroy! "Host Ended Game".... &%$@#!

Top Bottom