• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Andokuky

Banned
vumpler said:
Glitching how?

The only thing I've seen is on pipeline when people somehow get in the caged in wall in the underground "sewer" area.

One guy showed me a lot of them. For instance, on Crossfire there is a spot where you can jump to a place 99% of people don't know about and then walk along an invisible ledge to get outside of the map. Apparently these soft spots and glitches are in most of the maps. He said they mostly only work in hardcore modes though (as far as getting outside the map).

Andokuky

Banned
vumpler said:
For Search and Destroy 360 Players:

After attempting to find the perfect clan over the last month, I have found it impossible. So a few of us have decided the only way to find the perfect clan is attempt to make it ourself. Either clans are WAY to casual, or WAY to obsessive and we just don't have that much time. We all have school/job/spouse etc.

Right now we have 7 members in search for 14 competing members. We will be competing in game battles and would like to have it just be 70% gaffers.

You won't have to make yourself SUPER available. Thats why we are going to have 14 spots. Signups for matches will be first sign, first spot assigned.

We will have a 1 hour weekly practice to discuss and practice strats and then do intramural. Otherwise we will just be online playing against others. Matches will be schedules to the most people's availability. We will work with EVERYONE.

Super casual, but highly competitive clan. Add me on xbl "Jason Smapity" with the space or shoot me a pm to discuss.

Our website is here: http://www.clanthree.com

Gaffers unite! :D

I'm interested. I think I'm decent at the game.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Andokuky said:
One guy showed me a lot of them. For instance, on Crossfire there is a spot where you can jump to a place 99% of people don't know about and then walk along an invisible ledge to get outside of the map. Apparently these soft spots and glitches are in most of the maps. He said they mostly only work in hardcore modes though (as far as getting outside the map).
Yeah as far as hardcore goes I found one myself on Bloc. But thats just because you can jump really high. I found a way to get to the very top of the apartment buildings and snipe off one of the corners :lol

But I've never actually played hardcore other than in private matches. I'm an old school CS fan so I favor S&D.

Throw me on your list: Jason Smapity and we'll get some games in here soon.

God, I hate the SP on Vet. I mean you have to do everything, your NPCs do nothing except watching the sky, flashes and most grenades are useless against enemies and you can only do most missions with running from cover to cover. It's just unfair. This shit blows...

Chittagong said:
Aahh fuck this game is ridiculous. Now I'm trying to escape the barn through a field of infinite enemies and smoke to reach the copter in time. Airstrikes are useless and enemies have super sight so they'll clip me in an instant. Time to try every possibility again to find a defect in the game design that allows me to go through.

I'm currently there, too. And I have no desire to continue..

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
had my first experience with spawn campers/rapers last night, tried out hardcore while I really like it, these guys whokept storming the spawn points is soooo annoying. Doesn't that kind of ruin the point of hardcore if some guys just run around like maniacs trying to rack up scores?

worse when they know where you spawn from roughly and just run back and forth in that area throwing grenades and gunning you down from some little nook or cranny they've found.

being a sniper on hardcore is really tough as the snipers suck and the normal rifles have such amazing range and accuracy that you will easily be taken out by the faster weapons - but thats no good if you like the feeling of hiding and sniping your opponent through a scope. should you really be able to shoot someone in the supreme distance who's head is just appearing in a crack between buildings with your red dot rifle? seriously?

The whole unlocking weapons as you level up is annoying me now.I'm level 21 after about 7 hours and its taking ages, some people just dont have time to play forever...still haven't found the ideal gun to start out with and I'm always scouring corpses for weapons which sucks.

Tr4nce

My favorite setup:

- P90 Sub machine Gun with Red Dot Sight.

- Perk I = RPGx2 (For those nasty heli's which can cost important points, or for taking down players which have clustered)
- Perk II = Sleight of Hand or Stopping Power (In case you have to reload in a show-down or for extra damage))
- Perk III = Deep Impact (Because I like to shoot through walls)

The P90 kicks ass :D

vumpler

Alpha_eX said:
I'm level 48 and still use that gun. :lol
I'm a ~30 on the 4th prestige and still end up defaulting to the m16 as well.
hsdance.gif

mug

I still stand by the UAV Jammer perk as something that always needs to be equipped - especially with a silenced weapon...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
mug said:
I still stand by the UAV Jammer perk as something that always needs to be equipped - especially with a silenced weapon...

I readily admit that sometimes I wish I had it, but I don't think it's as necessary as some people try to make it. I find it most useful when I'm trying to solo grab the enemy's flag in Domination maps.

Sushen

commish said:
I readily admit that sometimes I wish I had it, but I don't think it's as necessary as some people try to make it. I find it most useful when I'm trying to solo grab the enemy's flag in Domination maps.
I agree. UAV Jammer does help, but it's not make you invisible as some implies. When you play against more experienced players, for one, they use it also, and they know where to anticipate flanks. Yes, if you play against buncha noobs, it does magic.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
IS there any good reason why some of the best online multiplayer maps aren't available for split screen action? Have they addressed this at all? Had a blast with three other chums last night, but man would I love to have more maps.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
wish they'd put up a demo of this on xbl so i could see if it struck my fancy.. though i guess the average length of a demo would be roughly 1/4 of the game, so i can't blame them

ukiraros

I3rand0 said:
On PS3, is Team Hardcore the only "working" playlist? I can't join a game for any other playlist except this one.

For me it's Team Objective and Team Tactical seems to work 85% of the time. Team Hardcore and Ground War maybe a 50% chance. While TDM never works.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
beelzebozo said:
wish they'd put up a demo of this on xbl so i could see if it struck my fancy.. though i guess the average length of a demo would be roughly 1/4 of the game, so i can't blame them

What? I can't think of a single demo that is 1/4th of the length of a game.

beelzebozo said:
Should've gotten in on the beta. ;)

I can't believe there are still problems with live and Matchmaking.

I can only rarely get into FFA games that turn out to be lagtastic since (I assume) there are so few rooms to choose from. So I'm faced with the awesome choice barely being able to kill people or rolling the dice with the matchmaker again.

Anyone find it hard to get head shots with the G3? Without the random spray and pray headshots, and lacking the punch to kill someone in 2 shots to the noggin, it looks like it might take a while to rack up 150 of them. I need more people running around with last stand I think.

raYne

PedroLumpy said:
Anyone find it hard to get head shots with the G3?
Not really. It's been my main weapon for a few months now, but I don't usually go for the headshot unless the target is immobile (sniper, camper, downed via last stand). Any other time, I just go for the torso.

Without the random spray and pray headshots, and lacking the punch to kill someone in 2 shots to the noggin, it looks like it might take a while to rack up 150 of them. I need more people running around with last stand I think.
The gun is accurate as fuck, so you hardly do any "spraying and praying". As for lacking punch. I only use it with stopping power, and that's most certainly only 1-2 shots to the head to kill someone. It also kills in 3-ish center mass hits (non-juggernaut), so yeah.

Jube3

beelzebozo said:

Theres a PC demo out that has one of the levels (war pig) on it.

king

Banned
just finished the game fun, played on hardened id give it a 9.0

Anyway whats the deal withonline, i played once last nite with friends and td everytime im in a room with like 3 ppl i get booted and it says i need an active connection to play?

raYne said:
The gun is accurate as fuck, so you hardly do any "spraying and praying". As for lacking punch. I only use it with stopping power, and that's most certainly only 1-2 shots to the head to kill someone. It also kills in 3-ish center mass hits (non-juggernaut), so yeah.

Strange, I only use stopping power as well, but I've definately hit people camping twice in the face, but they don't go down. It's infuriating to be having trouble getting headshots on someone standing still, looking the other way.

The gun is fine otherwise, I do close to as well as I do with the M16 or M4 with the G3. I just get the feeling I'm going to be stuck on this challenge for a lot longer than I was on the M4.

thechef said:
Is anyone having trouble creating a party on PS3?

It says "Unable to join" when I invite my friend or when he invites me.

I'm having the same problem. PS3 version here. I can generally joing matchmaking without problems but friends can never join my game or I theirs. We've all only had the game a couple of weeks. Hopefully this is sorted out soon as I bought it to play against them.

raYne

PedroLumpy said:
Strange, I only use stopping power as well, but I've definately hit people camping twice in the face, but they don't go down. It's infuriating to be having trouble getting headshots on someone standing still, looking the other way.

The gun is fine otherwise, I do close to as well as I do with the M16 or M4 with the G3. I just get the feeling I'm going to be stuck on this challenge for a lot longer than I was on the M4.
Hmm.. so how do you know that you definitely hit 'em? Not doubting your aim or anything, but I experimented a lot with the gun when I started using it. Sneaking up mid to close range on snipers/campers with Dead Silence and shooting them in the temple. :lol That, coupled with using it for months now I'm pretty confident of what the gun's capable of.

raYne said:
Hmm.. so how do you know that you definitely hit 'em? Not doubting your aim or anything, but I experimented a lot with the gun when I started using it. Sneaking up mid to close range on snipers/campers with Dead Silence and shooting them in the temple. :lol That, coupled with using it for months now I'm pretty confident of what the gun's capable of.

I rock dead silence all the time, so I've definately come up behind campers looking out a window. So I can say I KNOW I hit them, now did I hit them in the face? I'm pretty sure, as I had their head right in the sights, but I suppose I don't know for sure as there is only some sort of feedback for headshots when you kill people.

So to answer, I suppose I don't know for sure that I hit em in the head. But I probably couldn't place my shots any better than I did.

It may also be the brutal lag that's been going on recently, as I've wacthed some pretty infuriating kill cams recently. I moved from the M4 to the G3 maybe a week ago, so certainly within the time frame of all the Live crap.

raYne

PedroLumpy said:
It may also be the brutal lag that's been going on recently, as I've wacthed some pretty infuriating kill cams recently. I moved from the M4 to the G3 maybe a week ago, so certainly within the time frame of all the Live crap.
Ya, I'd pretty much say that's the reason then. :/

Chittagong

Gold Member
Playing No Fighting in the War Room on Veteran. Have got so far - after around 30 tries - through the first corridor downstairs to the door and then got shot. Must take slower.

As a bonus the game saved upstairs into a point where there is a guy just behind me, so 2 out of 3 times I get killed immediately. How fucking hard it's to do a script that "if enemy is in direct hit distance behind player, do not place enemy behind player once loading checkpoint", or not awarding a checkpoint before he's done. So sloppy.

Is there a way to get a checkpoint after the first corridor downstairs?

Ramirez

So after my Elite decided to RROD on me, it started working again today for however long so I popped in COD. Game is really addicting, so easy to kill people. :lol But anyways, am I the only one getting booted back to the screen alot and just all around havin some terrible connection issues?

Narag

Chittagong said:
Playing No Fighting in the War Room on Veteran. Have got so far - after around 30 tries - through the first corridor downstairs to the door and then got shot. Must take slower.

As a bonus the game saved upstairs into a point where there is a guy just behind me, so 2 out of 3 times I get killed immediately. How fucking hard it's to do a script that "if enemy is in direct hit distance behind player, do not place enemy behind player once loading checkpoint", or not awarding a checkpoint before he's done. So sloppy.

I believe there's a checkpoint as you enter the silo rooms past the cratefilled warehouse room you're at now. There might be a checkpoint on the stairwell on the way downstairs too but it took forever for me to trigger it iirc.

vumpler

It seems to work fine post 11pm CST no matter what. That's when I'll be on tonight with a few friends.

Havok

Chittagong said:

There's a checkpoint on the stairs just before the 3-prong hallway of doom, then if you have 5 or more minutes left (or around thereabouts) you get another one before the silo hallway, then once you manage to get through that fuckfest of a room, there's one at the blast doors. After that it's cake.

Also, these networking problems are infuriating.

Skenzin

Banned
Maggot9 said:
Getting a match today wasn't too bad for me..PS3 version

Where did you get your avatar? Its looks familiar but I just can't place it. It reminds me of dirty lsd for some reason.

*Guaraná

Banned
can you guys help me? I'm in that part where you have to wait for the helicopter to come to rescue me and another guy who broke his legs. i just don't know how to survive those minutes. Do you guys have any tips?

Sushen

My last 9 match makings ended with "lobby has been closed" even without the match ever began. Are people qutting out in record paces, or I stumbled onto a new kind of system glitch?

Anyone having any luck joining or hosting private games on the PS3? I'm not having any trouble with matchmaking now but haven't had a chance to test private games as my friends have been offline.

Top Bottom