• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
For Search and Destroy 360 Players:

After attempting to find the perfect clan over the last month, I have found it impossible. So a few of us have decided the only way to find the perfect clan is attempt to make it ourself. Either clans are WAY to casual, or WAY to obsessive and we just don't have that much time. We all have school/job/spouse etc.

Right now we have 7 members in search for 14 competing members. We will be competing in game battles and would like to have it just be 70% gaffers.

You won't have to make yourself SUPER available. Thats why we are going to have 14 spots. Signups for matches will be first sign, first spot assigned.

We will have a 1 hour weekly practice to discuss and practice strats and then do intramural. Otherwise we will just be online playing against others. Matches will be schedules to the most people's availability. We will work with EVERYONE.

Super casual, but highly competitive clan. Add me on xbl "Jason Smapity" with the space or shoot me a pm to discuss.

Our website is here: http://www.clanthree.com

Gaffers unite! :D

icechai

at first i haven't really been having the bad online experiences you guys have had, just do lots of Ground Wars and Team Objectives, but now it's ben 10 min of nothing in those 2, it's RIDICULOUS!! Look at Resistance or Warhawk for a how to on fast joining online fun CoD devs!!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
USD said:
It's been said before, but Call of Duty 4 needs some serious stat tracking. I really want a breakdown of my stats with different weapons.

I know. Coming from warhawk, the stats in call of duty 4 are horrible. I was really disappointed.

Not being able to even see the last match's breakdown is fucking maddening. The leaderboards are so barebones too. Not even a freakin K/D option.

Although, actually tracking the single player scores is the one thing this game has that is so bafflingly missing from Halo.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I normally have no problems finding games but cant find any right now. It does suck that you cant just be shown a list of any available servers. I have no idea if I should keep trying or what!

kevm3

the stat system for the game sucks. THey should separate the k/d ratio for each separate game. People who play team deathmatch will have a higher k/d ratio than someone playing domination or headquarters typically, so it can be very deceiving. THere should be a lot more statistical categories. The gameplay is excellent. It's just that the lobby system and stat system coiuld use much improvement.

zam

Son of Godzilla said:
Not being able to even see the last match's breakdown is fucking maddening. The leaderboards are so barebones too. Not even a freakin K/D option.

Although, actually tracking the single player scores is the one thing this game has that is so bafflingly missing from Halo.
If you choose kills you can see K/D ratio

Raiden

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:

What?

You do have a K/D option.

You can see your kills and deaths
You can see your points
You can see your overall rank
You can see your accuracy
You can see your headshots
etc ..

You can see your TIME PLAYED djeez Halo 3 could learn from this, its one of the most important stats to me, id like to know how much time and effort i put into a game.

The only problem i have is that you cant see it on an internet website.

You can see it but you can't sort by it. I don't care what my own K/D record is, I care what it is in relation to my shitty friends. That's the entire point of leaderboards.

Kyoufu

Son of Godzilla said:
You can see it but you can't sort by it. I don't care what my own K/D record is, I care what it is in relation to my shitty friends. That's the entire point of leaderboards.

What? You can compare your K/D ratio to your friends, or every other player on the leaderboard.

Raiden

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:

What?

You can do exactly what you said you wanted to do. I do it all the time, im at 1.21 now, and the other two guys i play with are at 1.15 and 1.21.

For an example.

Just check the barracks ... ya know?

What? Okay I must be retarded then. To be clear, I mean sort by ranking. Essentially a leaderboard for K/D is what it would be. I realize you can sort (Hey it's a fun word! I suppose I meant order originally) by friends or w/e and manually compare.

Kyoufu

I hate COD4's matchmaking, netcode and the fact that I can't communicate with my friends who are trying to invite me to their games. I CANT EVEN JOIN THEIR GAMES, WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!

Honestly, I love the actual multiplayer gameplay but everything leading up to it is absolutely horrendous.

Kyoufu said:
I hate COD4's matchmaking, netcode and the fact that I can't communicate with my friends who are trying to invite me to their games. I CANT EVEN JOIN THEIR GAMES, WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!

Honestly, I love the actual multiplayer gameplay but everything leading up to it is absolutely horrendous.

its not cod. its XBL! So if you are going to complain then complain about microsoft more. The cod4 servers never fucked up when live was functioning properly and nowadays since since live has been messed up cod4 and halo MATCHMAKING have been messed up. If you play a private game (as I did with Dartastic and a couple of other friends) we had no problem online. Its only matchmaking

Eric WK

Broadbandito said:
its not cod. its XBL! So if you are going to complain then complain about microsoft more. The cod4 servers never fucked up when live was functioning properly and nowadays since since live has been messed up cod4 and halo MATCHMAKING have been messed up. If you play a private game (as I did with Dartastic and a couple of other friends) we had no problem online. Its only matchmaking

Uh... he playes on the PS3 broheim.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Looks like XBL is fubar'd again, CoD is telling me I'm not even online, despite the fact that I can see my friends list, etc. It won't download game settings or display my rank or anything.

Anyone else having these problems?

X26

Banned
Raiden said:
You can see your TIME PLAYED djeez Halo 3 could learn from this, its one of the most important stats to me, id like to know how much time and effort i put into a game.

I hate time played stats, makes me feel bad :lol

Jedeye Sniv said:
Looks like XBL is fubar'd again, CoD is telling me I'm not even online, despite the fact that I can see my friends list, etc. It won't download game settings or display my rank or anything.

Anyone else having these problems?

Yup...

Kyoufu

h1nch said:
I wouldn't be surprised if COD4 used the same set of matchmaking servers to handle PS3 and X360 players :lol

I think I accidentally joined a 360 game on the PS3. All the trash talking gave it away.

I love the gameplay in the online multiplayer, absolute love it but like Kyoufu said, everything leading up to that is an absolute pain.

I'm shocked at how badly this has been handled and at this rate it's doubtful that I will ever buy another console game developed by Infinity Ward and/or published by Activision if it's got such a huge online component. Call of Duty 4 has show how ill prepared they are and at best this makes me appreciate the set-ups Sony had going for Resistance, Motorstorm and Warhawk all the much more. Pity the gameplay never hooked me in any of those games.

I'll wait for the patch that's supposed to magically improve everything but if things continue on as they are now I'll simply sell the game and wait for Socom to see if that fills the void.

Quazar

Took IW months to fix COD2. That shit was horrible on 360 for awhile. But who knows whats going on at this point. Wish one of the devs would show up like they did pre-release and give us some info. Hoping they get it fixed.

I wish we had stats for each gun. It'd be interesting to see k/d acc etc. for each gun. Hell even setup stats. O_O

No_Style

AltogetherAndrews said:
Took me 20 seconds to find a match in Domination tonight. Maybe it's the time of day (night)?

Time of day definitely has to do with it.

It's weird, though. I've noticed that I have better luck finding Sabotage matches compared to TDM during the busy times. It's almost like TDM was "overloaded".

All on PS3, BTW.

Quazar said:
I wish we had stats for each gun. It'd be interesting to see k/d acc etc. for each gun. Hell even setup stats. O_O

Yes.

vumpler

No_Style said:
Time of day definitely has to do with it.

The past three days (prior to today) the servers were fine until between 3:20 - 3:40 PM CST. After that they would be messed up for an unknown number of hours.

Then I would hop on later that night 10:00 CST and they would be fine until 3:20 or so the next day.

Its a bummer but we'll make it though it. Its just really frustrating. :)

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
jaundicejuice said:
I love the gameplay in the online multiplayer, absolute love it but like Kyoufu said, everything leading up to that is an absolute pain.

I'm shocked at how badly this has been handled and at this rate it's doubtful that I will ever buy another console game developed by Infinity Ward and/or published by Activision if it's got such a huge online component. Call of Duty 4 has show how ill prepared they are and at best this makes me appreciate the set-ups Sony had going for Resistance, Motorstorm and Warhawk all the much more. Pity the gameplay never hooked me in any of those games.

I'll wait for the patch that's supposed to magically improve everything but if things continue on as they are now I'll simply sell the game and wait for Socom to see if that fills the void.
Yeah, but in their defense, CoD4 sold more copies in a month than those games sold since they were released. I don't even think Activision had expected those kinds of numbers.

lionelhutz

Quazar said:

Whoa whoa...baby steps. Lets get matchmaking and games to finish w/o "host ended match". I'd be much happier if the basics were solid.

vumpler

lionelhutz said:
Whoa whoa...baby steps. Lets get matchmaking and games to finish w/o "host ended match". I'd be much happier if the basics were solid.
:lol QFT

SapientWolf said:
Yeah, but in their defense, CoD4 sold more copies in a month than those games sold since they were released. I don't even think Activision had expected those kinds of numbers.

Which is one of the reasons why I'm giving them time to fix the problem before jumping ship.

calder

Had an incredibly fun 8 player private match last night for like 2 and a half hours. Me, 3 of my brothers, and 4 other friends we all know from back home. What's incredible is that we have at least another 3 guys we all know from school that have COD4 but weren't online last night.

Just yelling at each other and laughing at the one guy without a mic who couldn't respond was fun. Sadly, I've always been the best COD player in my family but my youngest brother is already lvl 50 (2 ahead of me) and he only got the damn game on Dec 26th. He whupped my ass last night, going to have to start playing more because I didn't much care for that finishing in third or fourth every map bullshit. :lol

It's great to see a great game being so popular, there was no less than 10 ppl on my friends list playing it a half hour ago when I stopped playing Oblivion. Just fix the Party system and matchmaking (not to mention the authorization issues some ppl still have) and we're good for a long time with this game.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
this is just plain ridiculous. been sitting here for 15 minutes waiting to get on a team deathmatch game. I bet I'll be able to get on a ranked match in two minutes on resistance.

Chrono

Banned
For the people playing the PC version - how much of a performance indicator is the very first part of the game? Just the first gun fight before entering the destroyed house.

I don't want to lower my settings later on so I want to configure everything correctly from the start.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Havok said:
I just beat this yesterday. What you want to do is keep sniping the enemies from the barn, and at around a minute and a half into the battle, the smoke will disappear and the enemies will stop spawning, then you can move through the side door to the right of the barn (if you're facing away from it) in the little tool shed and move towards the restaurant/bar through the ditch. From there you just have to keep to the left side of the map until you reach the gas station, where the helicopter will be waiting. It's a bitch to do in one go, and it definitely took me a while, but I ended up getting it down pretty good.

Also, Mile High Club is a bitch.

Oh man, I wish I would have read this earlier. I did it the hard way: Grab P90 in the bigger barn. Run form the big barn to the smaller barn on the right, toss out a grenade and then wait at the door for the rest of the bunch, shoot with P90 (you can't afford to miss).

After that, I noticed that two out of three times there was 5-6 enemies coming at the far side, and one out of three just one lonely one. Pull out sniper and take out lonely guy coming towards you at the far right side of the field (he can shoot you with his P90 from the other end of the field). If there are many guys just try again. After that, run like crazy through field. Randomly they'll hit you or not, and once you go around the house (right side), you might get a checkpoint, or not. From the checkpoint, just run like mad down to the extraction point.

Now I'm at the alley chasing the guy, at the part where I have to enter the yard through the hole in the fence. Doing it 20th time already, gotta learn the pattern.

Once I'm done with Veteran, I will post a new topic about my feelings towards IWs game designers.

Core407

Banned
Chittagong said:
Oh man, I wish I would have read this earlier. I did it the hard way: Grab P90 in the bigger barn. Run form the big barn to the smaller barn on the right, toss out a grenade and then wait at the door for the rest of the bunch, shoot with P90 (you can't afford to miss).

After that, I noticed that two out of three times there was 5-6 enemies coming at the far side, and one out of three just one lonely one. Pull out sniper and take out lonely guy coming towards you at the far right side of the field (he can shoot you with his P90 from the other end of the field). If there are many guys just try again. After that, run like crazy through field. Randomly they'll hit you or not, and once you go around the house (right side), you might get a checkpoint, or not. From the checkpoint, just run like mad down to the extraction point.

Now I'm at the alley chasing the guy, at the part where I have to enter the yard through the hole in the fence. Doing it 20th time already, gotta learn the pattern.

Once I'm done with Veteran, I will post a new topic about my feelings towards IWs game designers.

Your post sums up why I basically stopped playing the SP completely. IW is like the American version of Team Ninja. Both of their premiere games do one thing really well and fuck up on almost everything else. The gun play in COD4 is downright perfect and that's what keeps me going back to the MP but almost everything else about the game has me crinjing. The concepts they've employed are so outdated and unenjoyable, it almost makes the game unplayable. Nothing has changed in the game design since the first COD came out. They all still play EXACTLY the same. Honestly, COD4 is no where near the level of praise it gets.

USD

I have to profess my love for the G3 again. It's just so sick. Using this gun and along Last Stand has given me a sick trigger finger, so I can usually hold my own close up and excel everywhere else. And by sick trigger finger, I'm talking low rate-of-fire machine gun trigger finger at least. Being a single-fire weapon, adjusting the fire rate for the situation is easy as pie. Oh, and its accuracy, pin-fucking-point. With Stopping Power and a keen pair of eyes, it's practically a scopeless, three/four shot sniper rifle, making it a great counter-snipe weapon.

I love this gun so much. That, and the fact that it seems like no one else uses it often makes me very possessive of the gun, like it's some secret unlockable. When I see myself get killed by someone using it and I huff and think, "How dare you use my weapon!" and always make sure I do better than them. Take away all my perks and other guns, but leave me my G3.

[/orgasm]

Core407

Banned
USD said:
I have to profess my love for the G3 again. It's just so sick. Using this gun and along Last Stand has given me a sick trigger finger, so I can usually hold my own close up and excel everywhere else. And by sick trigger finger, I'm talking low rate-of-fire machine gun trigger finger at least. Being a single-fire weapon, adjusting the fire rate for the situation is easy as pie. Oh, and its accuracy, pin-fucking-point. With Stopping Power and a keen pair of eyes, it's practically a scopeless, three/four shot sniper rifle, making it a great counter-snipe weapon.

I love this gun so much. That, and the fact that it seems like no one else uses it often makes me very possessive of the gun, like it's some secret unlockable. When I see myself get killed by someone using it and I huff and think, "How dare you use my weapon!" and always make sure I do better than them. Take away all my perks and other guns, but leave me my G3.

[/orgasm]

Yeah, the G3 is bloody brilliant. It's only second to an M16 with a quick fire perk. I swear, I've pulled off some crazy runs with that gun. I can pick people off from a 50 yards away with that gun and with the quick firing rate, they drop like flies.

Havok

Chittagong said:

You're going to HATE No Fighting in the War Room. I can tell already.

(Plus everybody else does.)

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Anyway we PS3 guys can start a clan or something? And I mean this only because hopefully it would help us all find a game easier.

karasu

I jut got the game toay, It's fun and wicked beautiful, but it's given me a major headache. The first game to ever do so. @_@

Quazar

lionelhutz said:

Of course, I've never said otherwise.

vumpler

Andokuky said:
Didn't take long, cheaters are glitching out of maps. I've seen it now on pretty much every map.
Glitching how?

The only thing I've seen is on pipeline when people somehow get in the caged in wall in the underground "sewer" area.

Synless

Bearillusion said:
I'm getting online (PS3) today without any problems.
I've had plenty of problems, I haven't been able to play a single Team deathmatch game not once!!!!!! BTW there are some douchebag people that play this game on the ps3.

Top Bottom