• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
blindrocket said:
Holy shit S&D got harder. :D Which is nice to have a challenge, don't get me wrong. I assume the people that didn't care much for S&D and weren't very good at it are all playing HTDM now that it got its own category.

S&D hardcore is the way to go. if you want a deadly combination even though it may sound silly. M16, double tap, bandoleer, and a silencer. M16 is so powerful that 6 bullets in hardcore just destroys people.

Synless said:
You know what I hate about this game??? The fact that you cant just join a buddies game....they have to invite you. They need to fix this.

Yeah, it's such a pain in the ass to get your friends in a free-for-all match.

I always end up having to join a free-for-all game, then before the room fills up in seconds, send an invite and hope they get it/join in time before the room fills. The fact that sometimes it just tosses you into a match already in progress that your friend can't then join makes it even worse since you either have to finish it while your friend waits or quit and get a lose in your stats. Is there an easier way I'm missing?

They make it almost impossible to actually play against your buddies in ranked games, like they're worried you're going to cheat or something. I just want to play against my friends sometimes, and not always have them on the same team.

Synless

ThirstyFly said:

I always end up having to join a free-for-all game, then before the room fills up in seconds, send an invite and hope they get it/join in time before the room fills. The fact that sometimes it just tosses you into a match already in progress that your friend can't then join makes it even worse since you either have to finish it while your friend waits or quit and get a lose in your stats. Is there an easier way I'm missing?

They make it almost impossible to actually play against your buddies in ranked games, like they're worried you're going to cheat or something. I just want to play against my friends sometimes, and always have them on the same team.

Yea, it completely needs to be fixed. It's a mess.

ukiraros

Synless said:
You know what I hate about this game??? The fact that you cant just join a buddies game....they have to invite you. They need to fix this.

Yep and for some damn reason (100% of the time) when you invite a friend to join your party during the game lobby before the game starts, they are always on the other team. Fix this crap.

raYne

Ciel said:
20 kill limit on FFA is fucking stupid.
It was higher at launch. They dropped it a month or so ago (for absolutely no reason), and now matches are over in <5 mins. :/

ThirstyFly said:

They make it almost impossible to actually play against your buddies in ranked games, like they're worried you're going to cheat or something. I just want to play against my friends sometimes, and not always have them on the same team.
So start a private match, change it to FFA and invite them there?

Ciel

ThirstyFly said:
Huh? Is it that way on PS3 too? I've gotten over 20 kills. Tied with a guy with 21 this morning too on PS3.

They just updated it (PS3). Matches are SHORT now. 30 was so perfect...25 would be ok too. But 20? I dunno why they changed it.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
ukiraros said:
Yep and for some damn reason (100% of the time) when you invite a friend to join your party during the game lobby before the game starts, they are always on the other team. Fix this crap.
:lol

I still say the matchmaking is a bit broken and annoying. However after figuring out how it works its not a problem. The problem is there's no prompt anywhere to tell you how it works so you get to guess and stumble, then figure it out. :lol

My all-time favorite scenario:

1. Party of 6 people
2. You find a match and the map is either
a: the worst map ever or
b: you get in a game with a group of people that you deem unplayable due to their annoyance factor.
3. Thus you decide to back out of the match made.
4. Then someone other than the leader accidentally backs out first.

Now you get to reinvite him! Because it boots that guy from the party since the leader didn't back out first. No, he can't just rejoin you guys on his own you really really have to reinvite him. I swore it was a joke the first 30 times it happened but then it finally sunk in that I really have to reinvite this guy. :lol Hell at least force everyone to back out if the leader backs out, which would then give a reason for the leader of a party position.

I've been playing through the campaign the past couple of days and am having a blast.

However..

Did anyone else have trouble on the part where
after you destroy the tanks you have to make it through the fields and to the bottom of the hill to the LZ? I know you have to use air strikes like mad, but I can't ever make it there in time or I get destroyed by the enemies.
I'm just having a bitch of a time with it. Any one have any pointers on that part? I feel ashamed, I tried it probably 50 times last night. I've got to be doing something wrong...

Sushen

h3ro said:
I'm a 38 right now... soon the spamming of grenades will commence! :D
I miss it, either. I'm at 30, and RPD with double tap does the job, but can't wait to get my P90 and 3 nades back after 41. while, no regrets on turning prestiage though, since I only play a few rounds a day nowadays, it's going to be a while...

peppermints said:
I've been playing through the campaign the past couple of days and am having a blast.

However..

Did anyone else have trouble on the part where
after you destroy the tanks you have to make it through the fields and to the bottom of the hill to the LZ? I know you have to use air strikes like mad, but I can't ever make it there in time or I get destroyed by the enemies.
I'm just having a bitch of a time with it. Any one have any pointers on that part? I feel ashamed, I tried it probably 50 times last night. I've got to be doing something wrong...

I know what you mean. i was stuck on that part for a while, so i turned to Youtube for help. This is what i came up with. Heat on Veteran

Still took a couple of runs but once u know where you're going its a lot easier! Oh the memories :(

Grimm Fandango said:
Bah I hate you people on Wet Work...

I quite dislike random grenade tossers on any level. Far too often they land at my feet and instantly go BOOM! My k/d ratio would be nearer 2 if it wasn't for those bastards :(

So I tried out the new playlists today and I can understand why they lowered the kill limit to 20 in Free-For-All.

30 would be just too high for the smaller objective based maps (like Wet Work) that they added into the rotation. I sure as hell wouldn't want to play that for more than 20 kills.

On the other hand, it's now way too short for larger maps. I wish they'd adjust the time/kill limits based on the size of the maps.

It's kind of working for me. Most games I end up in an empty lobby, but I did just manage to get in a round of FFA. After the match the lobby was really slow to re-populate so I dropped out.

BladedExpert said:
I know what you mean. i was stuck on that part for a while, so i turned to Youtube for help. This is what i came up with. Heat on Veteran

Still took a couple of runs but once u know where you're going its a lot easier! Oh the memories :(

Wow, thanks man. Watched that and got it done the second try. Without a doubt the low point of an otherwise stellar game.

itsgreen

730md6w.jpg

^^
My roommate at work.

So what is the best time for the first obstacle course/time thingy?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Love the new online matchmaking algorithm IW is using. I'm being paired against much better competition since the update.

oneHeero

commish said:
Love the new online matchmaking algorithm IW is using. I'm being paired against much better competition since the update.
Is there a new update today or something? Because it was still broken last night.

commish

oneHeero said:
Is there a new update today or something? Because it was still broken last night.

I had no problems today, but yeah, last night things were funky when I tried to play. No new update today; just the one a few days ago. Before the update, I'd get mostly paired with noobs with the occasional prestige player. Now, almost all prestige, with some on prestige 9 and 10.

commish said:
I had no problems today, but yeah, last night things were funky when I tried to play. No new update today; just the one a few days ago. Before the update, I'd get mostly paired with noobs with the occasional prestige player. Now, almost all prestige, with some on prestige 9 and 10.

Good lord. About how many hours do you need for those?

Grimm Fandango said:
Good lord. About how many hours do you need for those?

LOTS. My buddy is using his years of Runescape and WoW power leveling experience to race up the ranks by maximizing his xp. He immediately picks a new weapon upon finishing his challenges. He'll even make a class with the next weapon he wants to level, so that as soon as he completes a challenge during a match he can switch to the next one.

I ended up experiencing a strange glitch last night, wondering if anybody else has seen this happen. After much prodding from my aforementioned friend, I went Prestige last night. I only ever use the M-16, so I figured 2-4 matches and I'd be all set with a red dot like usual. However, after finishing with 8, 6, 11, and then 22 kills in 4 consecutive matches, I noticed that I had not unlocked the red dot. Of those 47 kills, I'd say only about 10 +/- were from something other than the M-16 (knife, grenade, airstrike/chopper), which was still plenty enough to unlock it. I hopped in the barracks after the 22 kill game to check my progress, and noticed that I had ZERO kills with anything. WTF? I was still gaining xp, and leveling up (currently a 7, I believe). Where's my kills? Anybody else heard of this happening?

Sushen

tootthekazoo said:
I ended up experiencing a strange glitch last night, wondering if anybody else has seen this happen. After much prodding from my aforementioned friend, I went Prestige last night. I only ever use the M-16, so I figured 2-4 matches and I'd be all set with a red dot like usual. However, after finishing with 8, 6, 11, and then 22 kills in 4 consecutive matches, I noticed that I had not unlocked the red dot. Of those 47 kills, I'd say only about 10 +/- were from something other than the M-16 (knife, grenade, airstrike/chopper), which was still plenty enough to unlock it. I hopped in the barracks after the 22 kill game to check my progress, and noticed that I had ZERO kills with anything. WTF? I was still gaining xp, and leveling up (currently a 7, I believe). Where's my kills? Anybody else heard of this happening?
You're screwed, man...don't be surprised when your stats disappear and you get demoted. Happened to me, and happened to many people nowadays. For a few hours, I had more kills and at a higher rank in my kill stats (correct one) than the one in main stats, the wrong one. Then, the lower of the two became my permanent stats demoting me by a couple levels, which is not bad compared to what happened to some people. After all these fiasco, I think, double XP weekend should be in order. Do you agree?

DuckRacer

Sushen said:
You're screwed, man...don't be surprised when your stats disappear and you get demoted. Happened to me, and happened to many people nowadays. For a few hours, I had more kills and at a higher rank in my kill stats (correct one) than the one in main stats, the wrong one. Then, the lower of the two became my permanent stats demoting me by a couple levels, which is not bad compared to what happened to some people. After all these fiasco, I think, double XP weekend should be in order. Do you agree?
Actually, it's not that in this case. At around level 6 or 7 you unlock challenges for your guns. Any kills before that point don't count.

Sushen

Duck said:
Actually, it's not that in this case. At around level 6 or 7 you unlock challenges for your guns. Any kills before that point don't count.
M-16 is unlocked from get-go, and the attachments for the weapon get unlocked as you accumulate your kills with the weapon. It has nothing to do with challenges which is to give you extra XPs by finshing them.

BTW does anyone understand how winning streak works? It seems it doesn't work as the name implies... It's the most meaningless stats in the game any way, though, with all those disconnects and broken match makings.

RyuHayate

I just completed the single player campaign tonight.

In a word: wow. I think Infinity Ward has earned second place on my "Most Respected Developer" list (right below Kojima Productions).

In the final five minutes,
you don't truly realize how damn much you care about Price, Gaz, and Griggs until they all meet their unfortunate demise. Thinking about their promise of buying each other drinks prior to their final run together is really heartbreaking.

I never expected to feel like these guys were buddies I've known for years. Being in the shit together really does bring you closer.

Truly fantastic stuff, IW. :D

commish

Sushen said:
M-16 is unlocked from get-go, and the attachments for the weapon get unlocked as you accumulate your kills with the weapon. It has nothing to do with challenges which is to give you extra XPs by finshing them.

BTW does anyone understand how winning streak works? It seems it doesn't work as the name implies... It's the most meaningless stats in the game any way, though, with all those disconnects and broken match makings.

Yeah, the gun is unlocked, but not the challenges for it, so you can't get the red dot sight until you unlock the M16 challenge. That's why your kills previous to this don't count. It has everything to do with challenges. At 25 kills, you beat the first weapon challenge and get the red dot sight. At 75, you get the silencer. At 150, you get the scope.

Winning streak is broke.

Does the objective to not die in an entire game only apply to Deathmatch? Because I've survived S&D matches without getting killed but it didn't say I completed that objective. If so, it should specify that it only works in deathmatch.

blindrocket said:
Does the objective to not die in an entire game only apply to Deathmatch? Because I've survived S&D matches without getting killed but it didn't say I completed that objective. If so, it should specify that it only works in deathmatch.

S&D is the no respawn one right? Somewhat counterstrikeish?

In which case you may have to survive an entire match, consisting of multiple rounds. Maybe. I don't really know.

I had one guy on my team get the flawless challenge by sniping on Wet Work. He said something about finding a spot where the night sky was behind him, so people couldn't see him, as we were the S.A.S. who are decked out in black. And obviously he doesn't have to worry to much about people coming up behind him on Wet Work.

Sushen

What connection speed do you guys have? My DSL connection seems getting worse day by day. Nowadays, I get killed by invisible enemies who are right in front of my face, but I don't get to see them until the kill cam kicks in. The guys are not even hiding but standing 5 feet away from me and watching me being clueless, it's worse than dumping my entire RPD clips on his head/body while the other dude shooting me twice on my foot and killing me (according to kill cam), which happens quite often. I mean M4 shouldn't kill me with a couple shots on my foot...

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
So...

What do i get if i go prestige?

Do i have to do ALL the Challenges again?

I know I will have to unlock weapons again...

ggnoobIGN

Banned
How could the developer possibly miss the opportunity to have 10 straight kills unleash the pack of dogs? That needs to be patched in and now.

Top Bottom