• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Wickerman

Pharmacy said:
yes when my bullets went "0"

I had a 2 full clips of ammo left with the G3, but my secondary gun (M16) was indeed out of ammo. Keep in mind that I was not holding on the "Fire Weapon" button while the clicking noise was being heard. I couldn't run, shoot, throw grenades, or use the knife. Weird.

llTll

Banned
Kyoufu said:
COD4 doesn't use the HDD.

My game slows down too when there is a connection problem or if theres smoke etc going on.

yes. mine slow downs too. but i dont know if its connection problem or not. and i dont want to try the single player to check. i finished the game on xbox 360 and i dont feel like playing it again on ps3. i just played one level and it hink it was fine. it didnt have any problem.

regarding your slowdown during online. how bad is it?

Kyoufu

llTll said:
yes. mine slow downs too. but i dont know if its connection problem or not. and i dont want to try the single player to check. i finished the game on xbox 360 and i dont feel like playing it again on ps3. i just played one level and it hink it was fine. it didnt have any problem.

regarding your slowdown during online. how bad is it?

Well when there is smoke and explosions going on, it goes to like 5-10fps.

Same with connection I guess, but thats rare, usually its stuttering.

llTll

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Well when there is smoke and explosions going on, it goes to like 5-10fps.

Same with connection I guess, but thats rare, usually its stuttering.

yeah its rare to me too. like. maybe once every few hours. . but i just dont know what to make of it.

for second i thought its the blue ray drive going down

ShowDog

Pharmacy said:
Depends, I use the G36C personally cos it looks cooler, but the M4 and M6 work just fine alongside Stopping Power (but please dont do this cos you'll look the same as everyone else), Double Tap or Sleight of Hand

I love my AK47 because its the one of the most powerful rifles without Stopping Power (I play with UAV Jammer) and it also has the best default Iron Sight by far since I used a Silencer with it

M14 and G3 are excellent with ACOG scopes on the larger maps but stick to Red Dot Sights on the smaller ones. These need Stopping Power or else people can get away easily. Definitely a niche gun

M44 is a pretty ballin old gun but you can't unlock anything for it :\

---

Actually, that reminds me: Whats everyones favourite setup for a small (Vacant, Shipment) average (Downpour, Strike) and large (Showdown, Overgrown) map?

Small I either use a P90 + red dot or shotgun + grip with Sleight of Hand and Steady Aim

Average I either use RPD + red dot with double tap or G36C + red dot with stopping power

Large I use AK47 + silencer with UAV Jammer and sneak around, but sometimes G3 + ACOG with stopping power

Small maps I use MP5 w/ red dot and stopping power. Medium maps I use the M4 w/ stopping power and red dot. Large and medium maps I use the M16 w/ red dot and stopping power.

I really need to try some new weapons, those ones are really all I have ever used. I'm only lvl 36 though, so I'll experiment as I unlock more.

IW needs to fix the "host ended match" crap. At least try to find another host like other games. I played a game for 20 seconds, two of my teammates died to make it 0-20, then the host quits. That counted as a loss too.

As school's about to come back in session I'm probably going to get back to playing some CoD4 a little bit. Haven't played it in about a month. Looking forward to it.

Okin

Actually, I honestly like the fact tht I don't have to sit around for two minutes staring at a "reconnecting..." screen.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Finally got that damn sub-19 seconds obstacle course achievement. Was nagging at me. I think the key was remembering "dur, bullets can go through plywood". :D

llTll

Banned
ok this i skilling me (PS3 version)

Why my game stutter /or frame drop to like 5 fps for like 1 or 2 seconds when i play online from time to time?

i remember this happening to me once even in single player in one of the levels where there was alot of shit going on and i kept running [ it stuck for half second then i continued running ]

when i had the 360 version it used to do the same problem single player.

but its different online for PS3. its kinda bad :/ "worst"

mug

llTll said:
ok this i skilling me (PS3 version)

Why my game stutter /or frame drop to like 5 fps for like 1 or 2 seconds when i play online from time to time?

i remember this happening to me once even in single player in one of the levels where there was alot of shit going on and i kept running [ it stuck for half second then i continued running ]

when i had the 360 version it used to do the same problem single player.

but its different online for PS3. its kinda bad :/ "worst"
Sounds normal then when you're comparing 360 and PS3 as well as multiple systems. I have experienced it as well (360) but apparently not as bad as you are claiming though, patch needed perhaps?

Grimm Fandango said:
IW needs to fix the "host ended match" crap. At least try to find another host like other games. I played a game for 20 seconds, two of my teammates died to make it 0-20, then the host quits. That counted as a loss too.

It's counted as a loss regardless of whether you won or lost when host ends the match.

You will get a loss on your stat.
1. Host ends the match
2. Get disconnected due to connection error
3. If you receive Game Inviite (Xbox 360) and u accept the invite while playing a multiplayer session.

FiRez

does the hand grip negates the effect of the steady aim perk

some weapons are just too shaky even with both enabled

FiRez said:
does the hand grip negates the effect of the steady aim perk

some weapons are just too shaky even with both enabled

I believe steady aim only affects your accuracy when firing from the hip. So when you are looking down the sights of the gun, only your grip affects the accuracy (on a LMG).

TEH-CJ

Banned
Core407 said:
Custom - set to 6

Wow good stuff man

weird thing is my default settings in cod4 was 3, but cod4 glitched half way through a game and reset itself to medium =/

was scratching my head wondering why the controls felt so sluggish.

raYne

Son of Godzilla said:
How big of a whore am I if, in an effort to dominate the accuracy leaderboard, I use nothing but sniper rifles?
At the very least, less of one compared the ones that currently dominate the leaderboard.

Which ranges from glitched people with negative misses, resulting in 243% (or whatever) accuracy. Or the level 1's that played the game once, fired 1 shot and have an awesome 100% accuracy. :lol

I'm happy with my legitimate 30+.

Banned
Bump

Is it still possible for a complete noob to enter cod4 multiplayer and be competitive, or is it at the point where the gap between expert players and novices is to large for any really fun games to happen if you just started playing the game on console?

TheFallen

Bump

Is it still possible for a complete noob to enter cod4 multiplayer and be competitive, or is it at the point where the gap between expert players and novices is to large for any really fun games to happen if you just started playing the game on console?

I just bought it the other day and find myself less overwhelmed by competition in comparison to Halo 3. It's a bit amusing to see myself (at rank 10) above players ranked 50.

pj

Banned
The levels aren't skill based, they're exp based. If you do a bunch of challenges and just play a lot, you can get to a high level without being that good

Bump

Oh yeah, a lot of the higher leveled players (even multi-level Prestige ranks) really aren't all that great. You can either rise in ranks with skill or just sheer time. You'll be fine, really.

G-Bus

Banned
Bump

Very possible. Rank doesn't mean to much in this game other than better perks, larger selection of weapons.

M16A4 is the best gun in the game IMO and you can use it from the get go.

zombi

ThirstyFly said:
Oh yeah, a lot of the higher leveled players (even multi-level Prestige ranks) really aren't all that great. You can either rise in ranks with skill or just sheer time. You'll be fine, really.
This is what I was worried about at first and it kept me from playing for a couple weeks now. But I finally decided to try it out and wow level means next to nothing in terms of skill. I was rolling through people regardless of level. Im at level 5 (or six maybe) now and Im having a ton of fun. Awesome game to just sit down and play a couple matches of. Btw, playing multiplayer on PS3 has been flawless. I was pretty surprised to not see any lag what so ever.

Kyoufu

zombi said:
This is what I was worried about at first and it kept me from playing for a couple weeks now. But I finally decided to try it out and wow level means next to nothing in terms of skill. I was rolling through people regardless of level. Im at level 5 (or six maybe) now and Im having a ton of fun. Awesome game to just sit down and play a couple matches of. Btw, playing multiplayer on PS3 has been flawless. I was pretty surprised to not see any lag what so ever.

You say that now....but once you play the game more you'll see the netcode is terrible.

Right now I am whoring the initial shotgun with Stopping Power perk. Pretty much unstoppable at close range. Not even the almighty RPD can defeat it :)

the_id

I have clocked about 4 hours on the multiplayer and at level 10 now. The online is quite addictive. I thought nothing could beat Resistance online when it came to FPS on the PS3 but I was wrong.

I still don't get the perks. What are the perks I should be aiming for?

Kyoufu

the_id said:
I have clocked about 4 hours on the multiplayer and at level 10 now. The online is quite addictive. I thought nothing could beat Resistance online when it came to FPS on the PS3 but I was wrong.

Depends on your playing style, but Stopping Power, UAV Jammer, Martyrdom and Fragx3 generally yield the best results.

I use UAV Jammer with anything but a shotgun. Also equiping silencer attachment will be very beneficial.

bjscott05

the_id said:

Whatever perks benefit your playing style and map/game type. Here is a list of perks:
Perks Set 1

C4 charges - Player gets two throwable packs of C4.

Special Grenades - Players start with 3 flash or stun grenades (their choice).

RPG-7 - Players starts with a rocket launcher with 2 rockets.

Claymores - Unlockable perk. Player gets two placed mines.

Frag grenades - Unlockable perk. Player gets 3 frag devices.

Bandolier - Unlockable perk. Player gets extra ammo for their firearms.

Bomb Squad - Unlockable perk. Player can detect enemy C4 charges and claymores.

Perks Set 2

Stopping Power - Player's bullet damage is increased.

Juggernaut - Player's health is increased.

Sonic Boom - Player's explosive damage is increased.

Sleight of Hand - Unlockable perk. Player enjoys faster reloading.

Double tap - Unlockable perk. Player enjoys increased rate of fire.

Overkill - Unlockable perk. Player may carry two primary weapons, but no
handgun.

UAV Jammer - Unlockable perk. Player cis undetectable on enemy UAV pass.

Perks Set 3

Extreme Conditioning - Player may sprint for longer distances.

Steady Aim - Player has greater accuracy when firing from the hip.

Deep Impact - Player's bullets will penetrate more objects/thicker cover.

Eavesdrop - Player has ability to hear enemy chat when close.

Last Stand - Unlockable perk. When damaged to a certain limit, players may
make a "last stand" using their handgun.

Martyrdom - Unlockable perk. Player will drop a live grenade if killed.

Iron Lungs - Unlockable perk. Player may hold their breath longer when using
the sniper scope view.

Dead Silence - Unlockable perk. Players make less sound when moving.

zombi said:

Yeah. I'm at level 55 now and honestly, I'm just a very average player. I'm not a huge FPS guy (I've only ever owned 3 in my life, Timesplitters 3, Resistance and CoD4) and CoD4 is the only one I've really gotten into online, so it's not rare that I get my ass handed to me by players around say... level 30. I still manage to beat a lot of Prestige ranked players in free-for-all quite frequently though. It's really funny watching a level 20 player destroy them and listening to all the cussing over the mic. I actually miss being at a low level for that reason.

king

Banned
anyone know why every time i try to connect to a firends game it says cannont connect to host

or playlist is expired?

Kyoufu

king said:
anyone know why every time i try to connect to a firends game it says cannont connect to host

or playlist is expired?

Its probably because he has a different version of the game than you? Servers are region-locked, even though your friend appears on the "invite to party/game" list.

Either that or you both need ports opened up.

Or as you say, the invite may have expired.

king

Banned
all the friends im referring to live in the same town as me so idk how they would have different region versions, also what do you mean ports

Heel

Here's an update on the 360 patch, and a playlist change. Posted on 1/16:

http://www.infinityward.com/community/forum/index.php?topic=10574.0

Hey Everyone --

I wanted to give you the heads up on another small playlist changing coming to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare since the most recent playlist update. We've been listening to a lot of feedback based on the last changes and it seems an overwhelming amount of players think the new Free-For-All score limit is a bit too low, so we're going to be adjusting it a bit and raising it to 125 score limit instead of 100.

Thanks for all your feedback on this, community involvement is extremely helpful as we continue to improve multiplayer and work on future updates for the game.

Patch Update:

Totally unrelated to the playlist change, but I figured I'd give you guys a heads up on the status of the upcoming patch as well. We ran into some bugs with the host migration and therefore required some tweaks and additional testing on said tweaks so the patch is still being worked on. We're working on getting it out as fast as possible, and I'll let you know when we can expect it.

Heel

Here's what they said about PS3:

http://www.infinityward.com/community/forum/index.php?topic=10573.0

Hey Everyone --

I wanted to give you the heads up on another small playlist changing coming to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare since the most recent playlist update. We've been listening to a lot of feedback based on the last changes and it seems an overwhelming amount of players think the new Free-For-All score limit is a bit too low, so we're going to be adjusting it a bit and raising it to 125 score limit instead of 100.

Thanks for all your feedback on this, community involvement is extremely helpful as we continue to improve multiplayer and work on future updates for the game.

Patch Updates:

Update 2: Sorry this is taking so long guys, the EU Connectivity Patch is still going through testing, it had to come back to studio for some changes and testing. We're going to be putting it through Activision QA in addition to IW QA so it gets that extra attention while we're also working on the feature patch (i.e. Recently Met Players, Mute Option, new Kill Cams). If I'm given any time frame I'll pass it along to you guys. I'm hoping it'll be here by the end of the month or within a few weeks but I haven't been given any official eta at this moment.

Feature Patch:

This is the patch which includes the Recently Met Players, Mute Option, additional Kill cams, etc for the PS3 version. Currently in development and testing, it will be released after the EU Connectivity patch and hopefully in-line with the Xbox 360 Feature patch.

Kyoufu

What do they mean by new kill cams? Right now the only time I can think of where kill cam doesn't come up is martyrdom kills.

Kyoufu said:
What do they mean by new kill cams? Right now the only time I can think of where kill cam doesn't come up is martyrdom kills.

One of them is going to be an air strike kill cam. I can't remember what they others were.

Kyoufu

ThirstyFly said:
One of them is going to be an air strike kill cam. I can't remember what they others were.

What use is an airstrike kill cam? I'm not sure if they have a kill cam for special nade kills, or car kills though. Those would be nice.

Top Bottom