To: Inifinity Ward
From: pj325is
Subject: COD4 Veteran
Body:

Fuck you

After spending almost 5 hours trying to beat the epilogue, I'm starting to think my message was a bit too nice.

GO FUCK YOURSELVES YOU GOD DAMN ASSHOLES, FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME AND STOP MAKING THE SAME BROKEN PIECE OF SHIT OVER AND OVER

P.S. THE QUOTES WHEN YOU DIE ARE LAME

Core407

Banned
pj325is said:
After spending almost 5 hours trying to beat the epilogue, I'm starting to think my message was a bit too nice.

GO FUCK YOURSELVES YOU GOD DAMN ASSHOLES, FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME AND STOP MAKING THE SAME BROKEN PIECE OF SHIT OVER AND OVER

P.S. THE QUOTES WHEN YOU DIE ARE LAME

Lol, seriously. I told my friend the exact same thing when he asked me about my COD4 experience. I could probably manage to make it through the main story on Veteran without too many issues but its just so fucking boring and lame. The whole SP consists of game mechanics they've been rehashing since the original and with the added hectic level, it's somehow so much worse. If it was toned down, I bet it would be much more enjoyable - even with the same stupid mechanics.

Edit: I can't figure out for the life of me how this game managed to pull the awards and scores that it did.

So I was playing the time trial in the mission F.N.G., and my dwindled my time down to 14.7s.
I could just keep doing that for days. :lol

also, i don't think anyone should ever play cod4 on veteran :(
the best experience i think would be on a lower difficulty. veteran is just too tedious, and kills the "action" vibe i think.

veteran is only for achievement whores like me :(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
ThirstyFly said:
Yeah. I'm at level 55 now and honestly, I'm just a very average player. I'm not a huge FPS guy (I've only ever owned 3 in my life, Timesplitters 3, Resistance and CoD4) and CoD4 is the only one I've really gotten into online, so it's not rare that I get my ass handed to me by players around say... level 30. I still manage to beat a lot of Prestige ranked players in free-for-all quite frequently though. It's really funny watching a level 20 player destroy them and listening to all the cussing over the mic. I actually miss being at a low level for that reason.

True, rank doesn't matter, in the sense that some multi-prestige players suck and some low levels can be good, but in general, low levels suck. Play a few rounds of HQ with some low levels on your team. It's maddening.

There's definitely a learning curve in COD 4. Sure, with the guns you'll grow to aim better, but just knowing the ins and outs of the maps is where vets have the biggest advantage.

And someone's K/D ratio in this game is just about meaningless to me.

There's a learning curve with most of the maps. If it's Domination/HQ, you have to learn where the enemy is attacking, which routes are best, where people normally show up, where the best positions to capture the flag, etc. With TDM, FFA, S&D, Sabo, it's more about learning the angles of where people are attacking from, when to be aggressive and when to lay back and let people come to you.

That's not even talking about your guns or perks for each playlist or map.

Win/loss and K/D ratio are pretty meaningless. The former for all the host quitting, interrupted connections, and laggy games. The latter could be useful if it was split by gametype, but since HQ matches are lumped in with regular TDM, it's not going to help you figure out who's awesome.

If you really want people to know how good you are, you're going to have to play against them and own some shit.

And on a sidenote, the knife is really only as good as your conenction hmm? I imagine everyone here has had some retarded misses, while seeing a ridiculous lunge by someone on a killcam.

FiRez

Member
PedroLumpy said:
I believe steady aim only affects your accuracy when firing from the hip. So when you are looking down the sights of the gun, only your grip affects the accuracy (on a LMG).

Thanks, I just read the description and yes steady aim only affects when you're firing from the hip

and I was just starting to master the Ak-47's :/

I really wish there was a server list and dedicated servers as opposed to this match making and peer to peer bullshit. I can't wait until I have a graduate and can afford to put together another gaming rig.

How does the ranking system work? My score is usually 4 to 5 thousand higher than my friend, yet he's in second prestige in his 20s and I'm still at level 51 on first prestige.

SolidSquirrel said:
How does the ranking system work? My score is usually 4 to 5 thousand higher than my friend, yet he's in second prestige in his 20s and I'm still at level 51 on first prestige.

Sounds like you dawdled a bit at level 55 while he didn't.

Syb

Member
Ive finally joined the Mile High Club. Only took me around 20 minutes, but that sure was a hectic period of time.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Can anyone do a through explanation of the mp modes in this game. So far I've only tried deathmatch and my friend doesn't have enough sense to give me the rundown.

LCGeek said:
Can anyone do a through explanation of the mp modes in this game. So far I've only tried deathmatch and my friend doesn't have enough sense to give me the rundown.

Team Deathmatch- work as a team and be the first to reach a certain score.

Headquarters- team game where a random(not really) capture point spawns on the map. Once the point is captured, the defenders must defend(no respawns), and attackers try to destroy it(infinite respawns).

Most all of the other team modes are variations of these two modes. Best suggestion is to just jump in and try out the different modes. I play exclusively on headquarters(6v6 [xbox360 ver]) and ground war(9v9). For beginners, I would go with ground war, which has two modes: team dm and domination. In domination, instead of 1 random capture point like headquarters, you get 3 static control spots. First to 1000 wins. First time players should NOT be in the front attacking, but in the back sniping people from the point. You can go to the front and try to take the point if you want, but don't be surprised when your k/d goes down to shit. Benefit of playing in ground war is that with all the people playing, you can "become lost in the fight," which makes it easier to flank or learn the positions for combat without getting randomly shot from nowhere.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Kyoufu said:
What use is an airstrike kill cam? I'm not sure if they have a kill cam for special nade kills, or car kills though. Those would be nice.
So you can't die twice in a row! This was at the top of my patch wishlist.

Sushen

Member
PedroLumpy said:
Win/loss and K/D ratio are pretty meaningless. The former for all the host quitting, interrupted connections, and laggy games. The latter could be useful if it was split by gametype, but since HQ matches are lumped in with regular TDM, it's not going to help you figure out who's awesome.
While I understand what you meant with HQ mode, those campers only get a few kills and it's not a free mine for your K/D ratio, although it's great for your level up. Also, just like flanking is a strategy in TDM, being a perimter player is a strategy in HQ; holding back the entire enemy team for 10 seconds earns the invaluable time for your team to capture the HQ first, or striking enemies from behind are all valid (often winning) strategy. Of course, if more than couple of your team members are those perimeter players, then, you're in trouble.

DeadGzuz

Banned
I finally got to play COD4, played about 1.5 hours of the SP. Umm, nothing great. After COD1-3 it feels like more of the same, just different weapons. It's hard getting into it when they just stick you into an area and you play whack-a-mole with respawning terrorist. There is nothing wrong, it's very polished, but it just feels forced. It looks good and the the cinematic feel works well, but I just don't feel like I'm having fun.

The MP was like a vehicle-less Battlefield. Of course it stick me into a game with hard core pros and I die over and over. This is why it's hard to play MP Live games unless you start launch day and play 2-3 hours a day.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Sushen said:
While I understand what you meant with HQ mode, those campers only get a few kills and it's not a free mine for your K/D ratio, although it's great for your level up. Also, just like flanking is a strategy in TDM, being a paramter player is a strategy in HQ; holding back the entire enemy team for 10 seconds earns the invaluable time for your team to capture the HQ first, or striking enemies from behind are all valid (often winning) strategy. Of course, if more than couple of your team members are those parameter players, then, you're in trouble.

The main problem is that there's no communication or strategy going on in public games and too many people would rather have a high k/d ratio and lose than have a low k/d ratio and win. That leads to half your team being perimeter players and a loss.

If you couldn't tell, playing HQ drives me insane when I'm on a bad team :)

Sushen said:
While I understand what you meant with HQ mode, those campers only get a few kills and it's not a free mine for your K/D ratio, although it's great for your level up. Also, just like flanking is a strategy in TDM, being a paramter player is a strategy in HQ; holding back the entire enemy team for 10 seconds earns the invaluable time for your team to capture the HQ first, or striking enemies from behind are all valid (often winning) strategy. Of course, if more than couple of your team members are those parameter players, then, you're in trouble.

All I was saying is that being a good player in, say TDM, will have a good K/D ratio. While a good player in HQ, might not have a good K/D ratio. But both players are still good. Hence, K/D ratio is useless. For example, Betahawk is on my friends list. I have a higher K/D ratio than him. I joined one of his games once, it was hardcore TDM. I HATED it, and will hopefully never play it again. Since he plays that mode seemingly all the time (each time I've joined his game anyway), our K/D ratios are not comparable.

---

I've been trying to find an assault rifle to use with a silencer on mid range maps. I've tried the AK47, G36c, and M16, but they just seem to lose a TON of punch, even at close range. Anyone feel confident about a particular assault/silencer combo?

Also, does double tap give you a noticeable increase in damage over stopping power? I've been thinking of switching over my SMG class to double tap, along with whatever assault/silencer combo I come up with.

Mar

Member
pj325is said:
GO FUCK YOURSELVES YOU GOD DAMN ASSHOLES, FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME

You people are hilarious. It's broken because it's on the hardest difficulty, last mission, and you aren't skilled enough to beat it?

OK!

PedroLumpy said:
I've been trying to find an assault rifle to use with a silencer on mid range maps. I've tried the AK47, G36c, and M16, but they just seem to lose a TON of punch, even at close range. Anyone feel confident about a particular assault/silencer combo?

I've done the same thing and have come to the conclusion that I'm just a much better player with red-dot and stopping power than say silencer and UAV jammer. It seems you lose way too much by going to a stealth set-up and I wasn't posting as good as numbers.

zenbot

Member
PedroLumpy said:
I've been trying to find an assault rifle to use with a silencer on mid range maps. I've tried the AK47, G36c, and M16, but they just seem to lose a TON of punch, even at close range. Anyone feel confident about a particular assault/silencer combo?
When you silence an assault rifle you need to start using it like an SMG, I've found. The only silenced weapon I've been able to make work at even midrange is the G3, because it's stable enough that you can try for headshots exclusively.

yoopoo

Banned
Whats with the leaderboard ratings? Tons of people have 800, 700, 500, 200% accuracy ratings. 8 kills and -200 misses...huh?

pj

Banned
Mar_ said:
You people are hilarious. It's broken because it's on the hardest difficulty, last mission, and you aren't skilled enough to beat it?

OK!

Mile High Club
Sky dive to safety on Veteran difficulty
20
Acquired 1/19/2008

F U

It's not really about skill at all, it's about luck and memorization.

Mostly luck

X26

Banned
whatdidyousay said:
Guys, anyone know where can I do the jump-from-30-feet-and-die challenge?

Strike. Get to the roof of the tall two story building next to the downed heli and jump off

I think that's strike...

Kyoufu

Member
DeadGzuz said:
The MP was like a vehicle-less Battlefield. Of course it stick me into a game with hard core pros and I die over and over. This is why it's hard to play MP Live games unless you start launch day and play 2-3 hours a day.

Thats FUD. We've said this before but just about anyone can pick up the multiplayer game right now and drop some bodies.

I don't even know where you got the Battlefield comparison from...

X26 said:
Wow. Well deserved to say the least though

Anyways I don't know if this has been posted already, but holy shit: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/163537.html

Wow, which weapon is he using to kill those guys in one hit?

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Kyoufu said:
Thats FUD. We've said this before but just about anyone can pick up the multiplayer game right now and drop some bodies.

I don't even know where you got the Battlefield comparison from...

Wow, which weapon is he using to kill those guys in one hit?

um that videos not that impressive. mostly playing td and using a .50 cal. not hard to no scope at close range with that gun. i will usually use it as a shotgun.

Not a Jellyfish said:
um that videos not that impressive. mostly playing td and using a .50 cal. not hard to no scope at close range with that gun. i will usually use it as a shotgun.

Post a video of you doing even one of those types of jump shots. Using the 50 cal like that is one thing; shooting people across the map while jumping is something else.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
See said:
Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)
1 Call of Duty 4
2 Halo 3
3 Guitar Hero III
4 Gears of War
5 Rock Band
6 Madden NFL 08
7 Assassin's Creed
8 Mass Effect
9 FIFA 08
10 Forza Motorsport 2

Holy crap!
You have not seen the last of Halo 3, the battle has just begun.
cobra_commander.jpg

Top Bottom