• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Why can't we see connection speed from the lobby screen? Why does Martyrdom work when you get stabbed? Why can people fire in mid reload? Why is the gold camo on the AK47? Why is Showdown a 8 player free for all map? Why do enemy players spawn near you in team deathmatch (and probably others)? Why isn't there some sort of playlist (with no experience earned) for a small party of people to play free for all?

PedroLumpy said:
Why can't we see connection speed from the lobby screen? Why does Martyrdom work when you get stabbed? Why can people fire in mid reload? Why is the gold camo on the AK47? Why is Showdown a 8 player free for all map? Why do enemy players spawn near you in team deathmatch (and probably others)? Why isn't there some sort of playlist (with no experience earned) for a small party of people to play free for all?
Quit whyning.

GaryD

Seriously this patch better include server browsing with connection speed. It may not be important for you americans, but unless I connect to an Australian server, its red ping city and the game is unplayable.

amar212

PedroLumpy said:

1. Because then all babie would just go out before the real connection has been established (often you go from red to full-green statusfew seconds after the match-start)

2. Because with Martyrdom you have nade with safety switch out in your mouth all the time (you just don't see it because of the poor in-game graphic). So, no matter how you die, you open your mouth and nade then kills the enemy if he's not fast enough.

3. Because they're well trained members of special forces or terrorists trained and funded by money of USA tax-payers for last 2 decades

4. Because AK-47 is one and only assualt rifle in the world that deserves to be praised with Gold status. Why? Read Wikipedia.

5. Because when it wasn't everybody whined why it isn't. Same gooes for Wet Work. Now, when it's in, everybody wants to skip it. I wait for the moment of Shipment appearance for both F4A and TD modes, that would rock. Nade fiesta confirmed, count me in.

6. Because there is less spawn points then total number of enemies that experienced players can kill in average of 10 seconds while everybody rushes back to the exact point they've been killed 2 second s ago, wrongly presuming that 5xPrestige Lv 52 player will wait them in the very same spot they've seen him on KillCam

7. Because advanced players needs cheap points for ranking up, and fresh players tastes better than any steak.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Wickerman said:
I highly doubt that. Ever since the recent playlist update I've noticed more lopsided teams than ever.
For example: Today I was placed in match with three prestige level 4 players and a prestige level 1 player, all of which whom were placed on the same team. On my side we had a captain, a couple of sergeants, and myself (Prestige 2). Of course, we got obliterated.
This happened in every match (about 6) that I played in today and on Friday.

Edit: btw, I'm on the PS3

I had a similar encounter on TDM. I'm a Major II and was put in a team with a bunch of 0-30s, whereas everyone on the other team were prestige level players. I tried my best, and managed 11 kills (11 deaths), but the entire match was incredibly one sided.

miyamotofreak said:
So you guys wanna make a PS3 GAf clan? The tag should be GAF. If interested list your psn id.

PSN: industrian

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I just realized I haven't played in a while. Been busy. I'll get back on soon.

CloudV

I just got around to beating the Single Player Campaign, and I must say, I thought the campaign was simply amazing.
I've never played a Call of Duty before, and being in Japan don't have access to a lot of the good FPS games anymore from the states (that and I don't have an Xbox) so there were just a ton of details in this game that just had my jaw on the ground for the whole time.
Especially the end of Act I and III.
While I felt some areas turned into non-stop waves of enemies, for the most part the scripting, acting, and just overall realness of the game blew me away.

With the glut of ps3 FPS games out now/coming out, CoD 4 stands on top. As much as I love warhawk, I've put no play into it since I've gotten this.

Now the only thing is to get better at the multiplayer. The experience/challenge system is addictive, and I can see this is how people who have xbox's feel when they unlock achievements. It's a great feeling to unlock those challenges, from the "bum bum buuuum" sound to the flashing challenge up top pumps you up. I managed to unlock the Team Deathmatch MVP and Flyswatter challenges last night. There are still some frustrations, but it's a damn fun game, and the challenges are what's keeping me going. I really hope Home uses achievements like that.

industrian

CloudV said:
I just got around to beating the Single Player Campaign, and I must say, I thought the campaign was simply amazing.
I've never played a Call of Duty before, and being in Japan don't have access to a lot of the good FPS games anymore from the states (that and I don't have an Xbox) so there were just a ton of details in this game that just had my jaw on the ground for the whole time.
Especially the end of Act I and III.
While I felt some areas turned into non-stop waves of enemies, for the most part the scripting, acting, and just overall realness of the game blew me away.

IMO the Russian levels of Call of Duty (the first one) are still the best. You get to storm the Reichstag ffs.

CoD4's cinematic presentation is unmatched this generation so far though.

CloudV said:
As much as I love warhawk, I've put no play into it since I've gotten this.

A combination of CoD4 online, and Incognito in their infinite wisdom increasing the respawn time, has really made me ignore Warhawk in recent weeks.

amar212 said:
1. Because then all babie would just go out before the real connection has been established (often you go from red to full-green statusfew seconds after the match-start)

Man, I wish this wasn't so, There can a world of difference between 3 and 4 bars. You know, they should and another bar into the scale. I've had 3 bars be really laggy, or perfectly fine.

amar212 said:
*Rest of the reasons*
:lol

Kyoufu

Heres some tips in multiplayer:

Time your jumps so that you don't get stuck in an animation when trying to get over a ledge or car or whatever. People stuck climbing are sitting ducks.

When you get the chopper, DO NOT use it. Instead, wait til you die, then call for chopper after you spawn. This way the chopper kills will help you call in airstrike/chopper again in no time. I got 40 kills and 5 deaths doing this just now lol.

h3ro

I'm in... and I already have had GAF in my clan tag since I ranked high enough to have it :p

PSN ID: m0nkeyhero (first "o" is a zero)

ukiraros

Kyoufu said:
When you get the chopper, DO NOT use it. Instead, wait til you die, then call for chopper after you spawn. This way the chopper kills will help you call in airstrike/chopper again in no time. I got 40 kills and 5 deaths doing this just now lol.

Whoa, awesome tip. I usually just go for kill streaks and try to pass 19 straight kills. It's been stuck there for awhile.

Kyoufu

ukiraros said:
Whoa, awesome tip. I usually just go for kill streaks and try to pass 19 straight kills. It's been stuck there for awhile.

I don't care about high streak anymore. 20 is fine by me.

Calling in chopper 4+ times is what turns me on. I suggest everybody to follow my advice and abuse :)

Drewsy

Banned
I just finished this, and I can say without a doubt that COD4 is the best of the series. The best thing about it was that there's no god damn vehicle or tank part in the entire game. The only "vehicle" part in COD4 places you hanging out the back of a truck in an epic firefight.

The ending was awesome, but the "epilogue" that came after the credits was a giant unexpected treat. I fucking love Call of Duty.

itsgreen

zam said:
I'd like to see how he fares with that against pad players who are good, all I saw was him playing against a bunch of randoms, also, since he has cut 10min from 30min I suspect there were several instances of him getting owned himself that he cut out..

Indeed. Not that impressive. I got those kind of streaks on my pad.

One of my buddies is telling me that if you're crouched, you won't be seen by an enemy UAV, is this true? I was under the impression that the only way to be invisible to UAV is the jammer perk. Can any one confirm/deny this ?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
MrCompletely said:
One of my buddies is telling me that if you're crouched, you won't be seen by an enemy UAV, is this true? I was under the impression that the only way to be invisible to UAV is the jammer perk. Can any one confirm/deny this ?

Absolutely not true.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Got my first 300+ point game last night. 47 kills.

At first, I wasn't so sure about COD4's multiplayer (I'm more of a PC multiplayer type), but I'm hooked now.

Awesome stuff.

MrCompletely said:

that buddy is playing HAlO.

zam

belvedere said:
Got my first 300+ point game last night. 47 kills.

At first, I wasn't so sure about COD4's multiplayer (I'm more of a PC multiplayer type), but I'm hooked now.

Awesome stuff.
Try Headquarters, 300 points is nothing

industrian

belvedere said:
This was TDM. Haven't tried the other modes.

I didn't think it was bad for my second time playing.

Your next step up is Ground War. Then try Headquarters if you're brave enough. ;)

industrian

belvedere said:
Tonight, I'll give them a try.

:D

Ground War is "big team games", as in: 9 players on each team. Even if you're playing with/against amateurs the games are intense pretty much constantly.

Pharmacy

Banned
ggnoobIGN said:
What's considered the best assault weapon?

Depends, I use the G36C personally cos it looks cooler, but the M4 and M6 work just fine alongside Stopping Power (but please dont do this cos you'll look the same as everyone else), Double Tap or Sleight of Hand

I love my AK47 because its the one of the most powerful rifles without Stopping Power (I play with UAV Jammer) and it also has the best default Iron Sight by far since I used a Silencer with it

M14 and G3 are excellent with ACOG scopes on the larger maps but stick to Red Dot Sights on the smaller ones. These need Stopping Power or else people can get away easily. Definitely a niche gun

M44 is a pretty ballin old gun but you can't unlock anything for it :\

---

Actually, that reminds me: Whats everyones favourite setup for a small (Vacant, Shipment) average (Downpour, Strike) and large (Showdown, Overgrown) map?

Small I either use a P90 + red dot or shotgun + grip with Sleight of Hand and Steady Aim

Average I either use RPD + red dot with double tap or G36C + red dot with stopping power

Large I use AK47 + silencer with UAV Jammer and sneak around, but sometimes G3 + ACOG with stopping power

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Wickerman said:
What do you guys do when your gun jams? Do you have to shake the SixAxis controller to fix it?

Yeah, you have to shake your controller. That's why I don't use the AK - jams too much.

kuYuri

I just got this game for PS3. I've owned the 360 version since launch, but since I like it so much, I got this version as well. I've plenty of experience playing, so add me. Now I gotta build myself up back to the top in this version. :D

PSN: Strider2K99

Wickerman

My gun totally jammed on me. It must be a stealth feature that IW added. :lol

In all seriousness, I couldn't fire my rifle and all I kept hearing was "click, click, click". I had to let an enemy kill me in order for the game to get back to normal. :(
Has anyone else seen this?

Pharmacy

Banned
Wickerman said:
My gun totally jammed on me. It must be a stealth feature that IW added. :lol

In all seriousness, I couldn't fire my rifle and all I kept hearing was "click, click, click". I had to let an enemy kill me in order for the game to get back to normal. :(
Has anyone else seen this?

yes when my bullets went "0"

xbhaskarx said:
So where is the 360 patch?

This is sort of killing me too. I decided a while back to wait on the patch before playing again and it's getting silly now. I know it's not there fault. It's slow ass Microsoft but still even I am running out of patience.

woodchuck

Pharmacy said:
---

Actually, that reminds me: Whats everyones favourite setup for a small (Vacant, Shipment) average (Downpour, Strike) and large (Showdown, Overgrown) map?

Small I either use a P90 + red dot or shotgun + grip with Sleight of Hand and Steady Aim

Average I either use RPD + red dot with double tap or G36C + red dot with stopping power

Large I use AK47 + silencer with UAV Jammer and sneak around, but sometimes G3 + ACOG with stopping power

Deathmatch

Small - P90 + silencer + UAV Jammer + Steady Aim + Extra Ammo

Average - G36c + red dot + UAV Jammer + Deep Impact + 3x Frag

Large - M16 + UAV Jammer + Deep Impact + RPG

S & D

M16/G36c + Stopping Power + Deep Impact + Claymores

llTll

Banned
i have question regarding COD4 for PS3

. everytime i play online for hours. at one point the game slow down on me alot. its not connection problem. but it slow down real bad its like 1fps for like 3 seconds then work back normally. and i dont think its the internet connection either but i dont know what is it.

is my hard disk dying?

Kyoufu

llTll said:
i have question regarding COD4 for PS3

. everytime i play online for hours. at one point the game slow down on me alot. its not connection problem. but it slow down real bad its like 1fps for like 3 seconds then work back normally. and i dont think its the internet connection either but i dont know what is it.

is my hard disk dying?

COD4 doesn't use the HDD.

My game slows down too when there is a connection problem or if theres smoke etc going on.

Top Bottom