• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

X26

Banned
The SAW and especially the RPD (+grip) are really good, the M60 not so much for me (although M60 + ACOG feels like you're in a gunship)

Kyoufu

I'm in love with shotgun (the first one) with stopping power. If you're close enough, you WILL die, because its one hit kills :D

Tried P90 with Stopping Power and while I kill faster, I end up getting killed faster too since the good players always know where I am thanks to no UAV Jammer :(

zenbot

SapientWolf said:
LMGs are a little overpowered, if anything. Especially compared to BF2.
How so? I find that their limitations (incredible reload time; grip pretty much required, so no red dot or perk 1; slow-ass movement) balance them pretty well.

So many cool little things you discover the more you play. After playing with Claymores for quite a while now I've noticed something interesting. My stats are slightly lower with them but my win % is higher when I use claymore versus a non-claymore layout. The closest I can figure is that with claymores I generally hole up in a strategic place on the map and barricade myself in with the claymores and just sort of snipe. Well not snipe really but cover a large area and just spray and kill when anybody passes by. At first people rush in and try to kill me but they either get killed generally or I'm alerted by the sound when the claymore goes off and I get in position to kill them. After a few times they generally get sick of it and stop trying to rush into the location and kill me. So I get less kills and a less kill to death ratio than with my more aggressive normal seek and destroy style but that seems to be a more effective strategy for my team as we hold that area. Especially If I happen to be hanging with someone else who also uses their claymores so we really board a place up. Really neat. This is all on Team Deathmatch btw.

Ciel

Yeah, so nobody rocks the M14?

I'm currently using that, Bandolier, Sleight, and Steady aim. If you're a decent shot, this gun is pretty much a Wesley and a shotgun rolled into one. Not quite as efficient as the nubbie M16 but much more satisfying.

Sushen

Ciel said:
Not quite as efficient as the nubbie M16 but much more satisfying.
I don't quite understand the label "noob weapon" that M16 got. Yes, with stopping power, it's one burst kill...if you can aim fast and right. But, guess what, if you can aim fast and right, the other more powerful fully automatic weapons are way easier to use. Heck, I started to play CoD4 with MP5 and RPD until I got some ideas on how to play better. Especially in one-vs-many situation, most noobs will be too slow and too panick to kill anyone with M16, and spray and pray automatics are real noob guns.

Karg

Sushen said:
I don't quite understand the label "noob weapon" that M16 got. Yes, with stopping power, it's one burst kill...if you can aim fast and right. But, guess what, if you can aim fast and right, the other more powerful fully automatic weapons are way easier to use. Heck, I started to play CoD4 with MP5 and RPD until I got some ideas on how to play better. Especially in one-vs-many situation, most noobs will be too slow and too panick to kill anyone with M16, and spray and pray automatics are real noob guns.

I'd say the noob aspect of the M16 to me is the distance/accuracy. Across the map shots where I can hear that 2 of my 3 shot burst hit my target......consistently.

Hunter D

~Devil Trigger~ said:
so far i've mastered:

MP5
P90
G3

working on M16, Both Shotties, that mini AK:lol , and the god awful sniper Riffles,

the LMGs suck imo
There is a reason why a ton of people use the RPD.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Hunter D said:
There is a reason why a ton of people use the RPD.

its also the reason im usually in top 3:D

but seriously yes, i understand why people like em, they spray spray spray. But i need more precision and mobility.

and also, P90 is like a portable god, got threw all the challeges in no time:lol

Andokuky

Banned
The "noob guns" in the game, if there are any, are the automatic rifles/smg's in the game when equipped with stopping power. None of the weapons in this game have much recoil and most people don't use juggernaut because people freak out and wail on people who use it so stopping power is pretty effective on all guns. But you slap it on a gun that is automatic or in the case of an smg, unloads an assload of bullets quickly, it's a little ridiculous sometimes. But there's also a drawback, those people don't have much of any range at all with those weapons.

That's what is so great about this game, there is balance everywhere. Is the M16 maybe the most BALANCED gun in the game? Probably. That's probably why you start out with it. But when used in certain styles (like blind rush), there are more guns that require less skill. Give a good M16 player a shotgun or a P90 and WOW. I had to stop using those two guns it got so easy.

Ciel

Sushen said:

Whatever, noob.

In all honesty though, if I start doing poorly in a match, I camp out with the sweet 16, claymores, stopping power, and steady aim for dummies who try to come into my house.

EDIT: Don't play this game if you're sleepy.

GaryD

Ciel said:

I'm currently using that, Bandolier, Sleight, and Steady aim. If you're a decent shot, this gun is pretty much a Wesley and a shotgun rolled into one. Not quite as efficient as the nubbie M16 but much more satisfying.

The m14 seems to be an awesome weapon with a red dot or acog on it. But the standard iron sights are shit. I just can't seem to get any kills with it to get me to unlocking the red dot.

At the moment I'm using Red Dot G36c +3 nades +stopping power + deep penetration
Also M21 + Silenced M16 + claymores + deep penetration

Hunter D

Andokuky said:
The "noob guns" in the game, if there are any, are the automatic rifles/smg's in the game when equipped with stopping power. None of the weapons in this game have much recoil and most people don't use juggernaut because people freak out and wail on people who use it so stopping power is pretty effective on all guns. But you slap it on a gun that is automatic or in the case of an smg, unloads an assload of bullets quickly, it's a little ridiculous sometimes. But there's also a drawback, those people don't have much of any range at all with those weapons.

That's what is so great about this game, there is balance everywhere. Is the M16 maybe the most BALANCED gun in the game? Probably. That's probably why you start out with it. But when used in certain styles (like blind rush), there are more guns that require less skill. Give a good M16 player a shotgun or a P90 and WOW. I had to stop using those two guns it got so easy.
The RPD with stopping power and red dot really fucks shit up. Juggers is the most used perk on live IMO. At least half the teams in games have them. If a person can get head shots consistently UAV Jammer is the perk to have. If a team gets radar you can hide and dominate because they won't be able to pick you up while they are chasing your teammates.

zenbot

Ciel said:

I've tried to like it but the recoil is just insane. I far prefer the slightly less powerful, but much more stable G3.

I do think that the M16 is a little too accurate at range, but its poor performance at close range keeps it from being too unbalanced.

kevm3

if you lag, the m14 is flat out awful. having to shoot someone 3or 4 times with the level of recoil it has is a terrible experience.

Sushen

Ciel said:
Whatever, noob.

In all honesty though, if I start doing poorly in a match, I camp out with the sweet 16, claymores, stopping power, and steady aim for dummies who try to come into my house.

EDIT: Don't play this game if you're sleepy.
Are you trying to say that that's a noob thing to do and he can survive the game for more than a couple minutes that way? Many of those who complain about this are M16 users who wants to brag about their gun/skill. Unless you're uber skilled with M16, my G36c/P90 will show you who the noob is, BTW.

Moose

How in gods name can you get headshots with a P90? :[

In 150+ kills I only managed 21 head shots. I'd be trying more if my 360 was alive.

avaya

Moose said:
How in gods name can you get headshots with a P90? :[

In 150+ kills I only managed 21 head shots. I'd be trying more if my 360 was alive.

When you shoot, move the sight or red dot upwards as you fire.

Moose

certainly seems to make sense

I am surprised though how there aren't many people that use the M14, though.

or the MP44 even. I know it doesn't have any sights or whatever, but I used it once and did absolutely great. just stopped cause I wasn't getting headshots.

Ciel

Sushen said:
Are you trying to say that that's a noob thing to do and he can survive the game for more than a couple minutes that way? Many of those who complain about this are M16 users who wants to brag about their gun/skill. Unless you're uber skilled with M16, my G36c/P90 will show you who the noob is, BTW.

Sure! My PSN ID is Seer. Let's get some games going! :)

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWW MAN. Was having my best match yet and the damn host ends the game. Pathetic.

amar212

Infinity Ward - go to see John Rambo movie (oh my God, what a weapon fiesta.. M21, Barret WITH silencer, AK's and such..).

Then after you watch the sniping sequence - fix the damn sniper-power :D

I want such animations of body-roll. Or better - body-fly. And exploding heads. Thank you.

Rambo is THE KING. Everything else is gay compared to this movie. Everything.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
amar212 said:
Infinity Ward - go to see John Rambo movie (oh my God, what a weapon fiesta.. M21, Barret WITH silencer, AK's and such..).

Then after you watch the sniping sequence - fix the damn sniper-power :D

I want such animations of body-roll. Or better - body-fly. And exploding heads. Thank you.

Rambo is THE KING. Everything else is gay compared to this movie. Everything.
Bye.

Anyone else receiving game killing amounts of lag? In every match I'm in there are atleast 2 guys with red connections. Since Xbox Live had been having trouble for a while I had just assumed that this was an ongoing issue. Is there a chance that it could be just a problem on my end, I have noticed my NAT is Moderate instead of Open.

VaLiancY

What I like about the RPD the most is its sights. It doesn't obstruct your view and the damn thing is pretty accurate and more when you slap a grip on that thing. I rock and roll with my 249 but it is a whole different ball game with the RPD.

So Karasu and Seer played tonight and got manhandled. It was quite embarrassing. They really need to fix the friends system and downloading game settings glitch. Anyways I just got the G36C. Should I replace my tried and true AK47 with ACOG with it? I'd probably use red dot with the G36C.

Ciel

I was trying to do challenges, my fault. TigerHeli and I were doing pretty well earlier.

Karasu, get a mic, fool. :D

Andokuky

Banned
Man what's up with all the glitches that are starting to come up? First it was getting outside of the maps and all. Tonight I saw some dude soft spotting through one of the shipment containers on Vacant, hiding inside it and shooting people on the outside of it with no UAV and not being able to see them. Then another guy was shooting his DE and sniper rifle like it was a sub machine gun. He said he took his controller apart and melted down the trigger button :lol Now I'm in a room with some dude whose clan tag is LT RT RT RT with 4 trigger symbols between each abbreviation.

Yea, I had the LS/RS clan tag shit tonight too, was wierd.

Anyways I'm in love with the shotgun. It's flat out amazing how much carnage you can cause by flanking in HQ. So many people just focus on the immediate target, you can run rampant through their lines. Not to mention how great the shotgun is for close range defending. My only complaint is that the first shotgun itself (and I assume the second, as it's rating is lower) most often doesn't kill in one hit. I have to use Stopping Power in order to make it worthwhile.

Oh and all of the sniper rifles suck. The uh.. 4th one I think that I unlocked recently is sooo fucking terrible. Bolt action, yet seemed absurdly rare to get one shot kills with stopping power. Maybe I was facing an army of High HP bastards, but I doubt it. I ain't ever getting the headshot challenge completed for that piece of shit.

Proc

So, I borrowed my buddies copy; beat it in a couple sittings. That was an amazing ride. Loved it. Do I buy for multiplayer? Hmm.

scoobs

Well I play on PC and i've mastered every rifle, MP5, P90, AK-74.

Also started playing in CAL, this game is really competitive on PC.

Proc said:
So, I borrowed my buddies copy; beat it in a couple sittings. That was an amazing ride. Loved it. Do I buy for multiplayer? Hmm.
It's got some of the most addicting multiplayer I've ever encountered in a console game. And this is with spending days less played than the average person on my friends list, as I only got it a couple of weeks ago.

I suggest using your buddies copy to play the multi a bit, unlock some gametypes and see how much you like it. I was hooked after my first Big Team Battle. Well, obviously not BTB but whatever the fuck it's called in CoD.

Proc

I think I'm going to have to. I wouldn't mind checking out the arcade feature as well. From the little I played, the online component looks pretty substantial. I did not think I was going to like this game as much as I did. The level design was amazing throughout. I didn't care much for the overall story, but you definitely can't help but make some connection with the characters. One of the best of last year for sure.

oneHeero

Ciel said:
Sure! My PSN ID is Seer. Let's get some games going! :)
I'm adding you just to embarrass your P90/G36c combo :)

I'd love to see how you do in a party with a couple of my friends and I. Or in a private match against us.

Proc said:
Absolutely yes. I thought the single player was kind of rubbish but after playing a little multiplayer in this game I went out and bought it as soon as I could. It is multiple degrees better than the single player experience, so if you dug that you should be pretty blown away.

Ciel

oneHeero said:

I'd love to see how you do in a party with a couple of my friends and I. Or in a private match against us.

You got the wrong guy, I rarrrrrely use those guns. Feel free to add me though, always up for a challenge :)

MaX_PL

Banned
oneHeero said:

get the xbox 360 and lets play your team versus me...

I'm not sure if this has been asked or not but I need some help.
I recently got COD4 and tried online and worked fine the first few times, now however I can't seem to find any games. The only way is if I get invited by a friend or if I invite a friend. My level is still low and I know the higher level the more game modes you can play, but how am I supposed to level up if I can't even get into a game?
My NAT router is open so it's not that and I read in some areas that It could be a corrupted save file so I tried to delete my save file but when I went back in my progress in single player was still there.

So any help will be appreciated.

calder

I've stopped playing, not that I'm waiting for it exactly but I sort of kept expecting it to come sooner and I would just play something else for a bit instead.

Once that patch drops though I'm all back in.

Danj

Does anyone else with the PC version of COD4 get a problem where it either just kind of stops/lags for a couple of seconds or it churns the hard drive a shedload (thus causing lag)? I'm just trying to figure out if this is a COD4 problem or a not enough RAM problem. I have 2 gigs, you'd think that'd be enough...

Top Bottom