• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Andokuky said:
No... people run and throw nades almost instantly after they spawn because they know there is a chance people are running towards a certain spot. That's no different than shooting an M203 to the same spot. Maybe someone is there, maybe not. Neither player knows.

So you know where they are likely running to, and you know where they spawned. I'm not clear where we're disagreeing. I don't think it's different from using a M203 either. I DO think it's different than a random grenade spam mid-match.

Victrix

*beard*
Gearheads: Lots of people have complained that the M-16 is overpowered. Do you guys have a counter that will beat the M-16 most of the time?

Robert Bowling / Infinity Ward: The M16 is a popular weapon online, but I think there's lots of counter weapon load outs that can easily compete with it. I personally use a G36c w/ Suppressor in Hardcore modes, or w/ Red Dot in non-hardcore and I can go head to head with any M16 clad player. So, I don't feel it's some kind of uber-weapon. In the end it comes down to speed and skill to determine who will come out on top.

Urge to shoot Robert Bowling with an M16 - Rising.

House of Hooters Custom Maps Server

Here is a list of maps we are currently running on TDM..
mp_matroska_beta1
mp_carpark
mp_palms_v2
mp_toysoldiersbeta3
mp_damnalley
mp_iced
mp_village_night
mp_pk_harbor
mp_offices_v3
mp_sharqi_b1
mp_ze_spray
mp_bunkermayhem
mp_qmx_matmata
mp_ogjunkyard
mp_carpark
mp_plane

IP address is 8.12.23.2:28960.. Fun maps.. Check it out.

http://www.infinityward.com/community/forum/index.php?topic=14616.0

There are some conversions of Bf2 maps such as Strike of Karkand
http://www.modsonline.com/Projects-full-2474.html

Sharqi Peninsula
http://www.infinityward.com/community/forum/index.php?topic=14410.0
shot0005.jpg

http://www.infinityward.com/community/forum/index.php?topic=14362.0

Mp_matroska looks pretty good.
http://www.infinityward.com/community/forum/index.php?topic=11534.0

PC version FTW!

Socreges

Banned
oh man oh man oh man

best round ever. i just finished playing Cage Match for the first time in a while. played against one guy, four times. won 7-3, lost 3-2 (pretty interesting finish. i was up 2-1 with about 30 seconds to go. he kills me to tie it up and as i run to find him he, tucked around a corner, kills me as i run past to win with seconds remaining). then he won again 5-4, again winning with under a min left. having lost two, i turn to tactics...

i go for claymores, laying them at two doors and waiting at the third route. hear the trip, he dies. i move away, but again hear the second trip but ive only just injured him. i race back and throw a stun grenade into the area, then find him a corner perfectly still unable to defend himself. kill him. the third time we exchange shots and i throw my grenade into where he's waiting, killing him. i pull up UAV, find him, kill him. once more. use the airstrike on his location. shoot him after that. release the chopper, gets him twice. by now i've lost UAV but i can see him on the map since he's shooting at the chopper. :lol won 10-0 :D

you guys may do this on a regular basis, but im relatively new to the game and just getting to a point where i rank in the top three not so infrequently so i really, really enjoyed that

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Yippe, rejoice PAL PS3 COD4 fans.
The much delayed patch has been released. Can connect to other users in seconds, rather than minutes like before.

f@luS

More than a member.
worldwide play again?

oh and WTF with colored nickname? Never saw before, until yesterday.
Blue , green , black....????

Hunter D

I was dominating some people in TDM tonight. I went 18-8 with the 1911 pistol in one match.

Edit- I think the AK is the best gun once you get used to the kick. I've been winning way more gun battles against M16 since I started using it.

sw26

navanman said:
Yippe, rejoice PAL PS3 COD4 fans.
The much delayed patch has been released. Can connect to other users in seconds, rather than minutes like before.

Yeah I downloaded the patch last night, and while I didn't find connecting to games terribly slow before (1-2 minutes tops) it is now blindingly fast to get into a game.

:D

zenbot

Okin said:
Who here truly knows, like I do, that the very best gun is the Skorpion?
Oh God, I hate the Skorpion. I just started the second level of prestige and am skilling it up first, just so I won't have to think about using it again till I get to prestige three. Ugh.

Dachande

Right, I know this thread has descended into chatter about the MP section of the game, but I'm having troubles with the SP section and there doesn't seem to be anywhere else for me to ask about this. PC version.

I'm at the Chernobyl sniper flashback section, and just reached the part where there's shitloads of bad guys, a chopper, some tanks, and me and the Captain have to get past them all to reach some apartment blocks.

We've run out from the shipping crate and crawled underneath the convoy (after lots of frustration, but I'll get to that in a minute), got to the other side with all the apartment blocks, and I sniped that guy on the stairwell, and that's where I am at the minute.

The problem is, no matter what I do, we always get spotted by the helicopter when it takes off every single time. I can't seem to stop it - it seems to be the other guy they see rather than me, because I've kept back behind the shipping crates out of the sight of anyone plenty of times while the other guy runs ahead into the courtyard, and it's always "shit, they've seen us!" And because it autosaved the moment the soldier dies, I can't hang around or wait because the other guy runs out into the courtyard no matter what I do.

So am I doing something wrong? Because I have a feeling I've run into some kind of bug. It took me ages to do the 'run out into the middle of the convoy' bit, as there was a soldier to the right who was always looking at us when we ran out that no FAQ mentioned, and I only got past that bit by quickly looking over, sniping him and then carrying on, which I'm pretty sure isn't the intended action. It's like the entire section's scripting has got fucked somewhere, and I don't know how I'm going to be able to get past it.

Anyone?

Manp

new patch is great, now finding other players is no longer a problem. it just won't pass the damn "Downloading Game Settings" message...

edit: was finally able to join some games. wow, now finding games takes a matter of seconds.

:)

llTll

Banned
so i was playing the PS3 version online yesterday. and i saw some funny stuff like um.. black gamer tag / green gamer tag. or in the CLAN tag, you see the PS3 X button from the controller or the L3 R3 Buttons... whats up with that?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Just came to say that I just played a Ground Wars game with 4 japanese people that owned me. I said wow.... because well, I saw Japanese people playing.

llTll said:
so i was playing the PS3 version online yesterday. and i saw some funny stuff like um.. black gamer tag / green gamer tag. or in the CLAN tag, you see the PS3 X button from the controller or the L3 R3 Buttons... whats up with that?
It's lame. Especially because when they change the color of their tag, it doesn't show up as RED when they are an enemy. I thought I was TK'ing for a moment and stopped shooting, only for him to shoot me dead. I was pissed.

Pharmacy

Banned
Relix said:
Just came to say that I just played a Ground Wars game with 4 japanese people that owned me. I said wow.... because well, I saw Japanese people playing.

yeah when i saw a japanese guy on my team playing i kept screaming his name down the mic cos i couldnt believe a japanese person would play this sort of game

Pharmacy said:
yeah when i saw a japanese guy on my team playing i kept screaming his name down the mic cos i couldnt believe a japanese person would play this sort of game
Being in Japan, I play with quite a number of them. They take the Americans shouting 'HAHAHA HIROSHIMA' quite well and laugh it off.

Dachande said:
I'd recommend just restarting the level, I've never heard of that... I don't even remember there being a helicopter in that section you mentioned. Although there is one a little further on, that flies by at low level, but it goes past so quickly that it's never spotted me.

Core407

Banned
Relix said:
Some people are jackasses. At least they don't take it bad of course =P

See, when I play people from different regions of the world, I get excited over that fact alone. The idea of being able to communicate in some form (videogame) with someone in a completely different country, who doesn't even speak the same language as me most likely, is just badass.

llTll said:

Yeah, I stopped playing for a while and just started up again this week and all of sudden there's tons of people with PS3 button icons as their clan names and different coloured names. No one had that before. And not only can you use the L/R buttons, but I've seen people with the face buttons too.

People are clearly abusing the colour changing to confuse you during team games. Setting their names to black makes it hard to tell what team their own. It sucks and I hope IW removes that crap from the game with a patch.

raYne

The icon stuff is done with the KB.

As for the name colors, if I recall, enemy player names aren't displayed in team games. At least, they aren't in the 360 version.* Not sure why they would be on the PS3.

*Been a while since I've played Team stuff, so I'm not sure if it was changed in the playlist update.

Dachande

marvelharvey said:
I'd recommend just restarting the level, I've never heard of that... I don't even remember there being a helicopter in that section you mentioned. Although there is one a little further on, that flies by at low level, but it goes past so quickly that it's never spotted me.

That's what I did in the end. Didn't happen that time. Annoying though.

marvelharvey said:
Being in Japan, I play with quite a number of them. They take the Americans shouting 'HAHAHA HIROSHIMA' quite well and laugh it off.

I have everyone on auto-mute except for people on my friends list for this very reason.

DuckRacer

marvelharvey said:
Wow. I've heard a lot of derogatory things online, but this takes the cake.

Speaking of that kind of stuff, I must've listened to three or four convos involving some squeaky sounding kid with the participants calling each other assholes, the n-word, etc. Today. I'm seriously considering muting everyone.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ok, so I found a new setup that I love, and other people are hating. I swear I got flamed on EVERY SINGLE game I played. I am a LMG user, I used to use the M4 Carbine, but since then I switched to the SAW, since I noticed I am a heavy gunner dude that spreads people around and drive them crazy, especially getting snipers out of their cozy spots, and the SAW was perfect. Yesterday I noticed I had unlocked the M66E0 (or something like that), the last LMG weapon I think. I set up this config:

M66E (or w/e)
Pistol (dont remember)
Special Grenades (I am Prestige 2, haven't unlocked the 3x Frags again)
Juggernaut (people... really hate this =P).
Martyrdom (Blow me, I kill so many with this it's not funny).

I am starting to think the weapon is a bit overpowered, but doesn't matter, I am a run-shoot-aim guy. My last 10 games I have had an overall amount of 270 Kills, or something close to that. Since I am the guy that just gets into rooms and kills everyone, that setup is perfect, but I also like to aim, and that LMG has done wonders when taking down snipers, and some have been very far away, like for example in Pipelines there's this hill where snipers take position. Well, I killed TWO, all the way down from that building on the OTHER side.

And yes, I just did an analysis there.

Pharmacy

Banned
Relix said:
Ok, so I found a new setup that I love, and other people are hating. I swear I got flamed on EVERY SINGLE game I played. I am a LMG user, I used to use the M4 Carbine, but since then I switched to the SAW, since I noticed I am a heavy gunner dude that spreads people around and drive them crazy, especially getting snipers out of their cozy spots, and the SAW was perfect. Yesterday I noticed I had unlocked the M66E0 (or something like that), the last LMG weapon I think. I set up this config:

M66E (or w/e)
Pistol (dont remember)
Special Grenades (I am Prestige 2, haven't unlocked the 3x Frags again)
Juggernaut (people... really hate this =P).
Martyrdom (Blow me, I kill so many with this it's not funny).

I am starting to think the weapon is a bit overpowered, but doesn't matter, I am a run-shoot-aim guy. My last 10 games I have had an overall amount of 270 Kills, or something close to that. Since I am the guy that just gets into rooms and kills everyone, that setup is perfect, but I also like to aim, and that LMG has done wonders when taking down snipers, and some have been very far away, like for example in Pipelines there's this hill where snipers take position. Well, I killed TWO, all the way down from that building on the OTHER side.

And yes, I just did an analysis there.

Yeah, the M60 is awesome if you can control it properly with red dot sight. The problem lies in using the grip to increase accuracy: the iron sights are fucking terrible. The other two SAWs are much more devastating when used with grip.

The RPD, grip & double tap is a destroyer, the other SAW & stopping power is a destroyer, but I can never get comfortable with the M60 because of its iron sights.

Plus, the fact you're slowed down so much is a bitch, since people like me who stick to submachine guns and assault rifles to get around quickly can outmaneuver heavy classes and flank them easily.

Despite that, I'm gonna set up a tank class when I play tonight. I've been using the Uzi & MP5 exclusively too much at the moment. Also sleight of hand and double tap are rapidly becoming my favourite perks. So awesome.

edit: actually fuck it doing it tonight, im doing it now i love this game so much

No, Deep Impact and Stopping Power have been my perks since day one.

The sabotage match is around 20 minutes long, so we start killing the other team and guarding the case in their end without planting it until the last 5 minutes so we can rank up our kills.

X26

Banned
Rapping Granny said:

The sabotage match is around 20 minutes long, so we start killing the other team and guarding the case in their end without planting it until the last 5 minutes so we can rank up our kills.

pathetic

Pharmacy

Banned
Rapping Granny said:

idiot

womp

The mute all but Friends option is a GODSEND.

The other week I was in a match where I had forgot that I had turned it OFF before hand, there was a kid on my team (Team Deathmatch) who sounded about 10 years old that wouldn't shut the hell up. You get them sometimes, they sound like your sister and all nasally. He was constantly saying "WTF?" "OMG, you've got to be ****'in kidding me" "WHAT THE **** I SHOT YOU! I SHOOOT YOU!" "Yep, figures, I got ****'in shot by that dickhead" etc etc. Honestly, I could care less but this little douche was distracting as a son of a bitch, I'm a fairly low key quiet and methodical player myself...

So at the half way point in the match we were down by about 60 points (6 kills) and he blurts out "You know guys, we better ****ing win this game...I'm getting really pissed off". It was at that point I broke down...I opened up the roster to see what his standings were and wouldn't you know it...3 min 15 seconds left in the match he had 3 kills and 16 deaths.

So being the mature adult in the situation (I'm 34) I calmly said "Look kid, put up or shut up...". Myself and two other guys were basically carrying the game.

Oh and then the fun commenced.

The kid went BALLISTIC.

It was like his fructose IV had been turned onto overdrive drip. "GO SUCK YOUR OWN COCK YOU ****ER! **** YOU!!" and his friend chimes in "Kid? Who the hell do you think you are calling kid?" So I said "Look, I'm merely saying if you are going to spout off about winning a match, how about at least matching your kill/death ratio." To which I got "YOU SUCK YOUR OWN COCK!! YOU (N word) WHO YOU CALLIN KID!?" so I said "Well, it doesn't sound like your balls dropped...Is that why you are so angry?". And of course you have another smart ass third party who chimes in with "Hey, I wish I could suck my own cock, isn't that every guy's dream?".

So after logging out I turned on "Friends Only" clicked his feedback and left him a review. Turns out he had 950 Gamerpoints and only owned two games....Halo 3 and COD 4.

Other than that I am happy to report I find the COD 4 crowd to be a much nicer group of people than the Halo 3 people to play with. I love those weekday mornings when I am off where I get put into a game of all Japanese players as well. As the poster above said, it really is an amazing thing being able to play with people all around the world. A shame a lot of them become complete assholes once they get behind a gamepad though.

DuckRacer

Has anyone tried using a silenced M14 in hardcore mode? That with Dead Silence and Stopping power is the bomb, and it's about as close to a silenced sniper rifle as you can get. You can take out people from halfway across the map without them knowing where you are at all. There's nothing like the feeling when you take people out with one shot without being heard.

Artie

Yeah, there is a flaw in the game concerning airstrikes.

I was playing on Shipment, I got one and called it in. I took out their entire team ... twice. 10 kills.

Rapping Granny said:

Weak sauce. Just finish the damn match and get into another one. It's not hard to rank up fully, you don't need to do this. Don't ruin someone else's day so you can have some extra exp points.

raYne

Artie said:
Yeah, there is a flaw in the game concerning airstrikes.

I was playing on Shipment, I got one and called it in. I took out their entire team ... twice. 10 kills.
Not really a flaw, you just dropped it on their heads and rather than wait out the strike in the killcam screen, they all decided to force spawn right in the middle of it again.

Spawning in team games is always like that. If you hold up the enemy near their spawn and never actually enter it, they don't spawn behind you (ie in any other part of the map) and always respawn in their team spawn point. So you accidentally took advantage of that.

So *boom* enemy killed in spawn -> your team hangs back -> other team spawns in the same area -> *boom*

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
raYne said:
Not really a flaw, you just dropped it on their heads and rather than wait out the strike in the killcam screen, they all decided to force spawn right in the middle of it again.

Spawning in team games is always like that. If you hold up the enemy near their spawn and never actually enter it, they don't spawn behind you (ie in any other part of the map) and always respawn in their team spawn point. So you accidentally took advantage of that.

So *boom* enemy killed in spawn -> your team hangs back -> other team spawns in the same area -> *boom*

What are you talking about? You can't wait it out, as there is no kill cam from airstrikes. IMO it IS a flaw, but one that I take advantage of :)

Top Bottom