• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Victrix

*beard*
Bad_Boy said:
sorry i missed it, whats supposed to be in the patch?

M16 burst fire accuracy reduced slightly at medium-long range

P90 spread increased slightly when firing fully automatic

Martyrdom grenades only drop if you have at least one frag grenade left, and won't trigger if you are 'insta killed' (headshot, knife, explosion), same as Last Stand

Last Stand invincibility frames removed, but health increased slightly

actually no, but they added host migration and fixed acogs and sniper rifles!

ZmillA

Banned
Victrix said:

Martyrdom grenades only drop if you have at least one frag grenade left, and won't trigger if you are 'insta killed' (headshot, knife, explosion), same as Last Stand

omg I was about to say :lol

Victrix said:

Lol. Pretty much. By this time I was hoping to have had both a feature patch and a balancing batch. sigh.

borsdy

Banned
Victrix said:

omigawd iw as liek holy shit i didn't hear about this is awesome and then blue balls

Victrix said:

Fucking christ, I was thinking awesome, and yet I will have to change several of my classes. The scope fix will be nice though. Not that I snipe much but still.

jet1911

Victrix said:

This is wrong man. :(

xbhaskarx

Victrix said:

IW hire this man.

ShowDog

akachan ningen said:
No, I think people who get killed by martyrdom are idiotic. It's stupid to just run past a body after you take it down, just like it's stupid to reload right after you get a kill. You have to play it safe.

See, this argument doesn't work, because there are plenty of ways martyrdom can get you killed. It can be while you're sprinting with your gun down to get away and you get popped around the corner. It can be when you kill 2 or 3 enemies with martyrdom within a second or two, and there are too many nades to physically avoid. It can be when your teammates kill someone without you knowing, and you run over and get killed by the martyrdom. Anyone who thinks you can avoid martyrdom by just not running over the corpse either hasn't played the game long enough or isn't good enough at it to realize they wouldn't have died in certain situations without bullshit martyrdoms.

n1n9tean

Banned
ZmillA said:
355076448a3539813805b956872138ml.gif
The cat's pajamas. They are grey.

moai

so the patch is finally up for 360. i'm gonna test it now.

edit: first person in spectating mode and you can rotate the camera around the player. great. going to test if they fixed the sniping.........

joelseph

Victrix said:

oh man, what a way to start the day.

Vaxadrin

Banned
Oh man, I played a few free for all matches last night ending with around 30 kills, 5 deaths each one. Someone asked me if I was a dev in Infinity Ward. It made my night. ^.^

So, this patch has host migration? That's awesome if so, that was my only real complaint. I don't know what the problems with the ACOG or sniping were, though.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
on the road to Golden Weapons:

-One more shotgun to go(the automatic one)

-MP44(crazy recoil, but i can deal with), M4 Carbine(Weak ass), G36c(Punk Bitch, all flash), M14(Jesus Christ, you sound like you're killing something...)

-AK-74(cool, crazy rate), Uzi(lol, this is gonna be hard), Scorpion(Slight of Hand, or Stopping? still testing)

winnarps

Addition of Host Migration

* If Host of lobby leaves, all players will be deposited back to the lobby where next best host will be selected before new game restarts. Players will no longer be kicked out of game entirely.

Improved Network Performance For Larger Games

* 18 player games now require more bandwidth to host, resulting in smoother performance for players.

Optimized Server Selection for First Match

* Server selection is now optimized to select best bandwidth servers associated by LSP.

Updated Spectator "Chase Cam"

* Change Spectator Mode: Switch between First Person and Third Person.
* 360 Degree rotation around character you're spectating.

Fixed "Playlist Older Than Host" Error

* Player will no longer get error when entering games.

Optimized Corrupt Create-a-Class Handling

* Players will no longer be kicked from game when their create-a-class data is corrupted.

Added Kill Cam To Everything

* Kill Cam view Added: Air Strike Bombs (Follows bomb from plane to target)
* Kill Cam view Added: Grenades (Follows frag from hand to ground, then rotates to view target)
* Kill Cam view Added: RPGs (Follows RPG from launch to target)
* Kill Cam view Added: M203 Rounds (Follows round from launcher to target)
* Kill Cam view Added: Claymores (Views from behind claymore until explosion)
* Kill Cam view Added: C4 Packs (View from pack rotating to watch target)
* Kill Cam view Added: Martrdom (View from grenade rotating to watch target)

Optimized Old School Experience

* Added Unlimited Sprint
* Doubled Magazine Size
* Added Ragdoll Cam

Additional Start Spawn Locations in All Maps

* Added a minimum of 9 extra start spawns on each side of all maps.

Optimized Sniper Rifle / ACOG Scope Accuracy

* Sniper Rifles and ACOG scope accuracy improved due to fix.

Fixed Weapon Sprint Bug

* Bug which gave players more sprint when using particular weapons.

That's what went into the update today.

Falagard

Vaxadrin said:
Oh man, I played a few free for all matches last night ending with around 30 kills, 5 deaths each one. Someone asked me if I was a dev in Infinity Ward. It made my night. ^.^

So, this patch has host migration? That's awesome if so, that was my only real complaint. I don't know what the problems with the ACOG or sniping were, though.

It's not true host migration where the game continues when the host leaves. Instead everyone goes back to the lobby and a new host is chosen and the game restarts. Better than everyone getting booted out completely though.

Dyno

I'm reading the past few pages and thinking: "Aw shit, these guys would kill me."

But I just hit Level 28 and picked up Double Tap. That perk is the first one that I felt was truly powerful. I'm currently using the AK47 (to get the XP) and it basically saws people in half. All of a sudden I'm consistantly in the top three whereas before I was in the bottom three.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!

* If Host of lobby leaves, all players will be deposited back to the lobby where next best host will be selected before new game restarts. Players will no longer be kicked out of game entirely.

:lol so useless.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I'm going to give this game another chance tonight. I loved it when it first released but i got burned out on it rather quickly ( i actually think UT3 is to blame for this). However, my PS3 gpu burned up and im i have been UT less for about a month now.

I think im partially (fully?) to blame for this since i didnt give all of the game types a spin very often. I had gotten so used to playing the game full speed in the TDM and Domonation gametypes that i couldnt slow myself down to enjoy things like Search and Destroy. I know i love those types of game modes in other games but when i get in a CoD match of it i just run out like i can respawn and get spectatored.

Since i picked up Frontlines, my "all out chaos" shooter roll has been filled again so im going to try and slow it down tonight and enjoy some CoD 4.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
joelseph said:
If you hold AB or BC you will always be spawn camping in domination. I thought that was the point?
It is. But there may be more of a chance to break out if there are more spawn points. I hate being on the dominated side, but I hate even more not even having a chance to get out of the spawn after only a minute or two into the match. Thankfully, that doesn't happen often. :D

bill0527

I got this game for Christmas and had to throw it in a pile with the backlog. I finally just started playing it a few days ago and yesterday I beat it on Normal. I thought maybe I'd try to get into the multi-player, but as with most Xbox 360 shooters, if you're LTTP, you're pretty much fucked. Here I am level 2 getting put in rooms full of people level 50+ and getting fucking owned like every 5 seconds before I even get a chance to get my bearings on where I'm going or what I'm doing. I spent about 30 minutes with this shit before I decided to throw in the towel.

winnarps

bill0527 said:
I got this game for Christmas and had to throw it in a pile with the backlog. I finally just started playing it a few days ago and yesterday I beat it on Normal. I thought maybe I'd try to get into the multi-player, but as with most Xbox 360 shooters, if you're LTTP, you're pretty much fucked. Here I am level 2 getting put in rooms full of people level 50+ and getting fucking owned like every 5 seconds before I even get a chance to get my bearings on where I'm going or what I'm doing.

My best advice for you is to get to level 4, create your own class with Stopping Power, Deep Impact, and an M16, and get the red dot sight unlocked for it. The M16 is arguably the best weapon overall in the game, and it's available right from the get-go. And with that perk/weapon setup, you should do fine.

DuckRacer

TTP said:
:lol so useless.
Not really. You don't have to dick around with having to join a new match, especially you're in the lobby before the game and he leaves when there's 3 seconds to go before the match starts. It's not the best solution in the world, but it's definitely better than nothing.

Also, I love the new killcams. And the ACOG fixing. And the new spawn points. But they nerfed the sprinting on my P90. :(

ZmillA

Banned
bill0527 said:
I got this game for Christmas and had to throw it in a pile with the backlog. I finally just started playing it a few days ago and yesterday I beat it on Normal. I thought maybe I'd try to get into the multi-player, but as with most Xbox 360 shooters, if you're LTTP, you're pretty much fucked. Here I am level 2 getting put in rooms full of people level 50+ and getting fucking owned like every 5 seconds before I even get a chance to get my bearings on where I'm going or what I'm doing. I spent about 30 minutes with this shit before I decided to throw in the towel.

its more about knowing the levels over raw skill. I started about a week and a half ago and am already at level 25.

Blitzzz

!? This is useless...

Vaxadrin said:

Doesn't FFA end in 25 kills or 125 points ?

I've had many many 25 and 4,5,6 rounds, but I've never accumulated more than 25 kills in a ranked FFA.

Vaxadrin

Banned
* Kill Cam view Added: Air Strike Bombs (Follows bomb from plane to target)
* Kill Cam view Added: Grenades (Follows frag from hand to ground, then rotates to view target)
* Kill Cam view Added: RPGs (Follows RPG from launch to target)
* Kill Cam view Added: M203 Rounds (Follows round from launcher to target)
* Kill Cam view Added: Claymores (Views from behind claymore until explosion)
* Kill Cam view Added: C4 Packs (View from pack rotating to watch target)
* Kill Cam view Added: Martrdom (View from grenade rotating to watch target)

Oh wow, I'm glad they fixed glitches & balanced things, but this has to be the coolest addition.

bill0527 said:

Once you can create a class at lvl 4, the game changes significantly. Part of the reason I love games like this & Rainbow Six is that you pick your favorite weapon/perks, and you have them from the start every time you spawn.

For example:
Dyno said:
But I just hit Level 28 and picked up Double Tap. That perk is the first one that I felt was truly powerful. I'm currently using the AK47 (to get the XP) and it basically saws people in half. All of a sudden I'm consistantly in the top three whereas before I was in the bottom three.

Personally, I suck horribly with the AK47 and/or Double Tap (way too much recoil, I prefer stopping power and the M4), but the fact that this guy is kicking ass with something that suits his playstyle more is a testament to how well-designed this game is.

Vaxadrin

Banned
MrCompletely said:
Doesn't FFA end in 25 kills or 125 points ?

I've had many many 25 and 4,5,6 rounds, but I've never accumulated more than 25 kills in a ranked FFA.

They weren't ranked matches, it was a series of custom games with people from another MB.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Boo at the host drop out thing.
I thought it would let you keep playing......

vaxadrin said:

30 kills? Did they raise the limit again or something? It was 25.

EDIT: ^^ just saw above.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I'm a bit disappointed with the implementation of the spectating third person camera. The camera is way too zoomed in on the character, it rotates WAY too slowly, and it has trouble keeping up when a player is sprinting for whatever reason.

oneHeero

Duck said:
Not really. You don't have to dick around with having to join a new match, especially you're in the lobby before the game and he leaves when there's 3 seconds to go before the match starts. It's not the best solution in the world, but it's definitely better than nothing.

Also, I love the new killcams. And the ACOG fixing. And the new spawn points. But they nerfed the sprinting on my P90. :(
No it is useless, its the samething, I rather keep it like it is now, I dont care who's playing the match I just hate host leaving and we cant keep going. This is more centered to keeping the same people in the room when everyone just wants to keep playing.

Glad the patch finally hit. I had stopped playing until it did.

Also has anybody had the host migration thing happen. There has been some confusion about this. Earlier it seemed liked the match would end but I remember some posts where it implied it would be true host migration like Halo 3.

Vaxadrin

Banned
So wait, now everyone sprints the same speed/distance with all the weapons? Or did they just make the submachine guns sprinting lesser? I always thought it made sense that someone with an Uzi could cover more ground faster than someone with an RPD.

Top Bottom