• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Dunlop

winnarps said:
My best advice for you is to get to level 4, create your own class with Stopping Power, Deep Impact, and an M16, and get the red dot sight unlocked for it. The M16 is arguably the best weapon overall in the game, and it's available right from the get-go. And with that perk/weapon setup, you should do fine.

this.

I was in the same boat, I just got the game last week, get to lvl 4 and create this "noob" class which will let you compete and get a feel for the maps. I'm lvl 20 now and starting to experiment more.......only to find that I am apperently the worse smg/uzi gunman in the world (seriously how the fuck do you play with this weapon)

Using a light machine gun to mow down some idiot hiding behind a gyproc wall.....priceless :D

Vaxadrin

Banned
MrCompletely said:
Did they fix the fools who think they are skilled put steady aim + grip onto a machine gun and run around holding down the trigger?

If anyone without skill does this, you should be able to take them down easily. ^.^

Bandolier now gives you a bunch of extra pistol rounds as well it seems.

And YES and the space at the bottom of the matchmaking playlist. Looks like they will add more in the future.

It's quite stupid, but I'm kinda hoping for a mercenary objective playlist. I have no idea why I want to play team objective types while not playing like a team but whatever. I can't get my friends who have COD4 to do some team tactical.

Oh, and I think you can mute from the scoreboard. I haven't tested it, but I'm pretty sure that's in, even though it wasn't in the patch notes.

JohnsonUT

I just played some with the patch. Sniping is much improved. Every shot that seemed good actually registered as a hit. The "host has ended match" i still present (in case the host migration fix description left any doubt). Last stand seems downgraded. Maybe it was the people I was playing against, but almost every time I got into last stand, I wasn't able to even get a single shot off. In the past I could usually get two or three.

FFChris

Was sniping yesterday, pre-patch and offline and I was unstoppable with the thing.

Hate to see how overpowered the snipers are in the hands of somone skilled now the patch has fixed the aim!

Frillen

WTF!?!? The patch did NOT benefit me at all. Actually, it was the complete oppostie. Two major problems for me now that I never had any problems or issues with prior to the patch:

1. It now takes a billion years for people to join. At the time I write this, it's now been 15 minutes since I hit "find match", and NO ONE has entered.

2. Lag! I never experienced any major issues with lagging prior to downloading this patch. But now it's a lag fiest galore. The lag is definitely over 1 second. Which is seriously bad. Shotting people is hard.

Anyone else who's experience this?

Vaxadrin

Banned
Frillen said:
WTF!?!? The patch did NOT benefit me at all. Actually, it was the complete oppostie. Two major problems for me now that I never had any problems or issues with prior to the patch:

1. It now takes a billion years for people to join. At the time I write this, it's now been 15 minutes since I hit "find match", and NO ONE has entered.

2. Lag! I never experienced any major issues with lagging prior to downloading this patch. But now it's a lag fiest galore. The lag is definitely over 1 second. Which is seriously bad. Shotting people is hard.

Anyone else who's experience this?

PS3 or 360? Where are you located?

Blitzzz

FFChris said:
Was sniping yesterday, pre-patch and offline and I was unstoppable with the thing.

Hate to see how overpowered the snipers are in the hands of somone skilled now the patch has fixed the aim!

I agree... Sniping wasn't that difficult to begin with.

SUPREME1

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
on the road to Golden Weapons:

-One more shotgun to go(the automatic one)

-MP44(crazy recoil, but i can deal with), M4 Carbine(Weak ass), G36c(Punk Bitch, all flash), M14(Jesus Christ, you sound like you're killing something...)

-AK-74(cool, crazy rate), Uzi(lol, this is gonna be hard), Scorpion(Slight of Hand, or Stopping? still testing)

REPOST:

Here are some of the Custom Classes I've created and mostly stick with. Please excuse the cornball names I assigned to them, lol.

SMGs

HITMAN:
P90
Red Tiger - Red Dot
Desert Eagle - Gold
Concussion Grenade
x3 Frags
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

BABY AK:
AK-74u
Digital - Red Dot
Desert Eagle - Gold
Concussion Grenade
x3 Frags
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

COVERT OPS:
MP5
Digital - Red Dot
Desert Eagle - Gold
Concussion Grenade
x3 Frags
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

ARs

VIETNAM:
M16
Digital - Red Dot
Desert Eagle - Gold
Concussion Grenade
x3 Frags
Stopping Power
Increased Stamina

MERC:
AK-47
Digital - Red Dot
Desert Eagle - Gold
Concussion Grenade
x3 Frags
Stopping Power
Deep Impact

M4 FULLY AUTO:
M4
Blue Tiger - Red Dot
Desert Eagle - Gold
Concussion Grenade
x3 Frags
Stopping Power
Deep Impact

ELITE:
G36c
Red Tiger - Red Dot
Desert Eagle - Gold
Concussion Grenade
x3 Frags
Stopping Power
Deep Impact

GANGSTA:
MP44
No Camo - None
Desert Eagle - Gold
Concussion Grenade
x3 Frags
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

LMGs

SAW:
SAW
Red Tiger - Red Dot
Desert Eagle - Gold
Concussion Grenade
x3 Frags
Stopping Power
Deep Impact

RAW:
RPD
Red Tiger - Red Dot
Desert Eagle - Gold
Concussion Grenade
x3 Frags
Stopping Power
Deep Impact

BIGTIME:
M60e4
Gold - Red Dot
Desert Eagle - Gold
Concussion Grenade
x3 Frags
Stopping Power
Deep Impact

As you can see, I spread most of the love between the 3 classes above. It's a variety of digital/red/blue camoes for the most part, with the GOLD M60 being my claim to fame. The SAW is where my heart is at, though. For those of you who would diss LMGs as not needing skill, I'd like to point out that they have way many more cons than other weapons. Also, suck a d*ck!

I have the .50 Cal Barrett, but rarely use it (20? kills). I dislike the sniper rifles, thoug hI'll eventually have to start using them.

I just started using the shotguns, thought I would hate them, but now I'm a freaking monster with them.. The semi-auto anyway. I have the grip on it with stopping power and accuracy from the hip. Deadly.. and it feels so good when you fell the THUD from the impact.

Frillen

Vaxadrin said:
PS3 or 360? Where are you located?

360. Norway, Europe. I just played another match on Showdown with the same problems. There's seem to a constant 1 sec. lag. It's easy to see when you throw grenades.

SUPREME1

Banned
Frillen said:
360. Norway, Europe. I just played another match on Showdown with the same problems. There's seem to a constant 1 sec. lag. It's easy to see when you throw grenades.

Lulz, you jus tanswered your own question!!!

AMERICA F*CK YEAH!!!

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

:lol

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I love the MP5, its friggin great.

lol at some of you complaining about matrydom. I love it, and i am by no means a "noob." Its ever so satisfying killing someone after they knife you, or taking out 2 or more people after you've died.

Vaxadrin

Banned
Frillen said:

Perhaps to improve the netcode for other regions they modified it, and now it has different criteria for who you will be matched up with.

That would be my guess.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The last time I tried (10-20 minutes ago) I can't get online (PS3, UK PSN account w/ NTSC UC game). Hopefully they're just patching some shit up right now, I'll try again after dinner.

captive said:
I love the MP5, its friggin great.

Add a silencer with UAV Jammer and Dead Silence and you've got the best class there is.

captive said:
lol at some of you complaining about matrydom. I love it, and i am by no means a "noob." Its ever so satisfying killing someone after they knife you, or taking out 2 or more people after you've died.

IMO the only people who bitch "ure a noob becuz u use Perk X/Y/Z" are the true noobs. Martyrdom is good for a few things, one of which is keeping players on their toes.

Vaxadrin

Banned
I actually don't get many kills with martyrdom anymore, which is why I don't buy the "noobs use it" schtick. The vets know how to avoid it. It's more like noobs are the ones get killed by it. I used to have it on 4 classes, now I only have it on 1, which I use to rush headquarters and try to clear out 2 or 3 people.

industrian

I used to cycle between Last Stand and Martyrdom, but I tend to use Dead Silence and Deep Impact more due to their "persistent effectiveness."

I have good memories of rushing the corridor on Bog with Martyrdom w/ Sonic boom on Ground War TDM.

industrian

I3rand0 said:
So the patch for the PS3 ver is up?

They're definately doing something on their end, as I still can't find any games and occasionally cannot even access the matchmaking service.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I had three fucking "host ended" within five minutes today. Heck, I almost wish I'd been thrown out so I would have searched an entirely new game instead of sticking in that one where everyone seemed to leave after one minute of gaming :(

Guy Legend

industrian said:
They're definately doing something on their end, as I still can't find any games and occasionally cannot even access the matchmaking service.

Good to hear. I'll fire up my PS3 later today if the patch is indeed making its way today.

This new patch sucks ass. I am soo pissed.

First it kicks me out saying ' failed to recieve socket or something' then when I come to join another game it makes me join the same game I got kicked out of, and now it seems that everybody is using the m16 and the snipers more.

Plus at WTF at the last 4 games, I had to pull out 30kills average and we still lost every game, match me up against some better fucking players.

SUPREME1

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
This new patch sucks ass. I am soo pissed.

First it kicks me out saying ' failed to recieve socket or something' then when I come to join another game it makes me join the same game I got kicked out of, and now it seems that everybody is using the m16 and the snipers more.

Plus at WTF at the last 4 games, I had to pull out 30kills average and we still lost every game, match me up against some better fucking players.

30 kill average?

*raises eyebrow*

Hunter D

Sniper is probably being whored out now. Before the patch sniper actually took skill to use and required users to have good pistol skills and teammates that could keep guys off of you.

SMZC

I tried the 360 patch. I like the host migration, but sometimes it pisses me off, because I'm playing with some Europeans (I live in Europe) having a good connection, but sometimes it will put as host the only American person in the lobby. Besides that, I'm happy with it; the game really needed this.

The sniper fix is awesome. Holy shit, I can't even believe some of the sniper shots I've managed to pull off. Before, I had to concentrate with each shot if I was hoping to hit something, but now I can do headshots without even holding my breath. It's awesome. I guess I'm gonna be playing as a sniper for a very long time.

The rest is not that special to me. Haven't really noticed an improvement on the ACOGs, and I still suck with them as much as I did before the patch. The new kill-cams are cool, but I play mostly on Hardcore, so I'm not going to see them very often. And I guess that's it, unless I'm forgetting something.

Overall, good patch. I'm happy with it.

itsinmyveins

Hunter D said:
Sniper is probably being whored out now. Before the patch sniper actually took skill to use and required users to have good pistol skills and teammates that could keep guys off of you.

Personally, I thought it was useless being a sniper before. I always hit better with the M16, at least up till now. I mean, you could be pointing right at someone sitting still and miss two shots in a row.

Hunter D

SMZC said:
The sniper fix is awesome. Holy shit, I can't even believe some of the sniper shots I've managed to pull off. Before, I had to concentrate with each shot if I was hoping to hit something, but now I can do headshots without even holding my breath. It's awesome. I guess I'm gonna be playing as a sniper for a very long time.
This is what I was scared of. You could do things like get kills with the sniper without holding your breath, but it took practice. Now it sounds like something that is easy to do. Anyone remember what the beta was like when the sniper was insanely accurate? Overgrown was horseshit because dudes would run around with their sniper out and no scope no problem. Shit, near the end of the beta there were people running around vacant with snipers.

Game will turn into a slow campfest now and will be overrun by snipers and acog m16/G3 and maybe even acog m14.

ItsInMyVeins said:
Personally, I thought it was useless being a sniper before. I always hit better with the M16, at least up till now. I mean, you could be pointing right at someone sitting still and miss two shots in a row.

Snipers only really worked previously in Hardcore. But then again, that's where all the real players were anyway ;)

I was a great sniper before, I can't wait to try the new patch. I'm going to run everyone off the map.

industrian

Hunter D said:
Shit, near the end of the beta their were people running around vacant with snipers.

That sounds like hell on earth.

Hunter D said:
Game will turn into a slow campfest now and will be overrun by snipers and acog m16/G3 and maybe even acog m14.

If it does then I'll have to get used to Warhawk's controls again. I can't stand sniper whores.

itsinmyveins

OldJadedGamer said:
Snipers only really worked previously in Hardcore. But then again, that's where all the real players were anyway ;)

I was a great sniper before, I can't wait to try the new patch. I'm going to run everyone off the map.

I've never really had any issues with snipers -- usually they've got their sweet spots where they lurk, so it's kind of easy finding them or avoiding. The only map where I sometimes find them being a bit annoying and hard to spot is on Block.

Hunter D said:

We'll see, but the sniper rifle should be balanced around the bullets actually hitting the crosshairs. It may or may not be unbalanced now, but they should be tweaking the damage, recoil etc. from a point where the bullets, first and foremost, go straight.

Blitzzz

Hunter D said:
This is what I was scared of. You could do things like get kills with the sniper without holding your breath, but it took practice. Now it sounds like something that is easy to do. Anyone remember what the beta was like when the sniper was insanely accurate? Overgrown was horseshit because dudes would run around with their sniper out and no scope no problem. Shit, near the end of the beta their were people running around vacant with snipers.

Great.... now Overgrown and Crossfire have turned into Bloc...

Blitzzz said:
Great.... now Overgrown and Crossfire have turned into Bloc...

Man, have you even played with the new patch yet? Give it some time. I think it may take more than a day to see the results of this attempt to balance the game.

itsinmyveins

By the way, is this the first update? I had the feeling a couple of weeks ago that there's been some modifications done to like the night vision and some of the textures on the character models?

Top Bottom