• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

CHYME

Banned
Vaxadrin said:
Oh ok, so you're just a whiner.

I'm not a whiner any more than you are a moronic fanboy.

I said I don't play it that often. I do play it. Last I checked you didn't have to be addicted to a game to criticize or praise it.

Actually, just stfu. You're trying to turn this into a flamefest. Go somewhere else for that.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
mYm|17| said:
veteran was very frustrating............after countless attempts at the ferris wheel i gave up. i haven't touched SP yet and have only played MP
I thought the whole flashback part in ACT II was fucking awful. First of all you snipe some guy, personally i hit him in the chest and the spotter says "oh man i think blew his arm off." Im sitting there thinking what?

Then after that was a combination of the hardest and most annoying levels I have ever played in an FPS.

But the whole time you know you live, unlike the marine you were playing as, because captain price is already in the game which takes place later than said flashback.
I played it on hardened from the start, never had a problem until right after the sniper level.

Im sure im in the minority, but whatever.

Anyway, this thread is basically about multiplayer now. I love it, except for when some tard is abusing the open mics.

Vaxadrin

Banned
CHYME said:
I'm not a whiner any more than you are a moronic fanboy.

I said I don't play it that often. I do play it. Last I checked you didn't have to be addicted to a game to criticize or praise it.

Actually, just stfu. You're trying to turn this into a flamefest. Go somewhere else for that.

It's cool, dude. I don't wanna fight. Let's be friends. *high five*

comrade

captive said:
I thought the whole flashback part in ACT II was fucking awful. First of all you snipe some guy, personally i hit him in the chest and the spotter says "oh man i think blew his arm off." Im sitting there thinking what?

Then after that was a combination of the hardest and most annoying levels I have ever played in an FPS.

But the whole time you know you live, unlike the marine you were playing as, because captain price is already in the game which takes place later than said flashback.
I played it on hardened from the start, never had a problem until right after the sniper level.

Im sure im in the minority, but whatever.

Anyway, this thread is basically about multiplayer now. I love it, except for when some tard is abusing the open mics.

I replayed that part until I shot him in the forehead. His arm always rips off and the spotter always says that. I didn't realize until
the last level they did it for story purposes since you have to pump him full of pistol rounds.

Roxas

Hey guys, need some help here.

I bought COD4 for the PS3 this morning, and popped it in for the first time, i was asked to update to patch 1.10. So i clicked ok, then the screen goes blank for a few seconds. Then the console makes 3 little beeps and resets itself. So then i start the game again and its asking to update to the patch again. I tried it 4 or 5 times and its just not working. Any ideas what it could be? If i dont accept the patch the game works fine..

Roxas said:

I bought COD4 for the PS3 this morning, and popped it in for the first time, i was asked to update to patch 1.10. So i clicked ok, then the screen goes blank for a few seconds. Then the console makes 3 little beeps and resets itself. So then i start the game again and its asking to update to the patch again. I tried it 4 or 5 times and its just not working. Any ideas what it could be? If i dont accept the patch the game works fine..

Works fine meaning you can play online too? Odd.

I think if you check the info in the game data folder it'll tell you what version it is, take a look at that and see if the patch took, even though it's telling you it didn't.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Roxas said:

Three beeps = the console has to force a program to close before shutting down the system safely. Nothing's wrong with your console (incase you're worried.)

I would check to make sure you're not on NAT Type 3 in your network connection.

Roxas

Thanks guys, i sorted it now. I think it was something to do with my TV which is wierd.

Anyway, if anyone wants to kick my ass online, my PSN is Goonboy :D

PacoDG

Duck said:
Yeah, they look fake. The maps are supposed to be entirely new, not from the campaign (like pic #3), and pic #1 looks fake anyhow.

http://bigmacky.wordpress.com/2008/02/21/new-maps-for-cod4/

I don't care for the source of the pics for obvious reasons. However, I can see Infinity Ward using textures and other random objects from levels already established when creating the new levels (saves on space, no?)

The levels don't look that bad.

Vaxadrin

Banned
Oh man, I spent most of last night finding intel. Cluster bomb + Bad Year + Slow Mo is freakin' awesome. I almost feel disrespectful towards the troops because I'm laughing out loud playing this. Almost.

I probably spent a good half hour no-scoping MacMillan with the sniper rifle every 30 seconds (allowing the friendly fire timer to reset), and laughing at his slow-motion voice saying "OOOOOH!" "AWWWW!" "AUGHHHHH!" as he would stumble or twitch with every shot.

Andokuky

Banned
vumpler said:
Just a reminder to all X360 Gaffers:

If you are interested in competing in game battles, consider joining Clan Three. You can view our website at www.clanthree.com

I had to take a month off as I was preparing for part one of the nation board exams for me to graduate. Anyway the rest of the clan was trucking right along and things are well. We have 8 dedicated members and are looking for 7 more.

Your tryout is just playing with us and making sure you can follow strats and are a decent player. We have our first match set for March 18th.

With any questions, checkout the FAQ on the main page or go ahead and fill out an application on the forums.

Shoot me a PM with any questions.

I still want in. I think I'm decent enough at S&D, pretty good on a few maps in particular. Not vocal enough but that's because 99.9% of my clan doesn't play this game or many others anymore and I'm used to playing with a room full of strangers yelling dick, fart and racist jokes at each other.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Andokuky said:
I'm used to playing with a room full of strangers yelling dick, fart and racist jokes at each other.
:lol Thank god for the quick mute. If only they would find a way to integrate it into XBL so it would mute them outside of the match as well.

I wasn't sure if you were still interested. Since you are, you're definitely in.

Hop on the website forums. There's a topic there to post your game battles name so I can invite you to the CoD team.

LowParry

Just started playing. After the patch, everyone's a sniper now. wtf. Although I've grown a new love for the SMG's. Soooo good.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
CcrooK said:
Just started playing. After the patch, everyone's a sniper now. wtf. Although I've grown a new love for the SMG's. Soooo good.
I think some of you arent used to this. This happens in any online patch, for any game when something gets buffed, or fixed in this case. MMO's are a prime example, they'll fix something or add a new buff for a class or new profession then for the next two weeks theres a million people running around with whatever was fixed or buffed.

Nizz

So no news on the patch for PS3? Same ish happened again last night. Get in a lobby, the match is about to start, host leaves game, back to game search. ;(

Vaxadrin

Banned
We just had the most hilariously surreal night of CoD ever. We ran into this French clan who we proceeded to slaughter in Headquarter on Shipment. Afterwards, one of them started yelling at us, and all we could make out were the words "Shit" "DVD" "I want to know!" "Motherfucker!" "Explosion". There was a long string of sentences containing those key words, some times as a statement, some times as a question.

We lol'ed and then vetoed Strike because it's the worst fucking map for headquarters ever. Shipment again. Another slaughter, followed by the same unintelligible statements/questions, only this time twice as loud. Eventually we deciphered them saying "Motherfucking cunts!" before they backed out of the room. We backed out for about 5 minutes for a tea/bathroom break.

Then we load up a new game. Headquarters on Shipment. And once again, that same French clan is our opponents. This time, we all change our clan tags to match theirs. We slaughter them again, as they spend most of the match hiding between the angled crates, hoping to catch us off guard. Anticipating this we all shoot through the metal, killing them. After the match the guys start sending us video chat invites, with the same aforementioned phrases, plus video chat.

So basically, we're sitting there laughing our asses off, while these people are shouting "I WANT TO KNOW YOU EXPLODING SHIT DVD WHY NO VIDEO CHAT!!!!????" at us. Then one says "I AM NOT NO USA, WHY VIDEO CHAT??? I SHOW YOU EXPLODING DVD SHIT!!!" Then they leave. It was amazing.

Also, we figured out a cool clan tag exploit, making sentences. We plan out a sentence in the lobby before searching, then, upon seeing the order our names appear & what the opposition's gamertag or clantag is, we quickly make a sentence. So if we log in and see someone named Bob1256747, we quickly make our tags say something like.

[Bob]
[is]
[a]
[big]
[fat]
[noob]

Then we laugh & laugh like the immature twats we are, and good times are had by everyone who isn't Bob.

Vaxadrin said:
We just had the most hilariously surreal night of CoD ever. We ran into this French clan who we proceeded to slaughter in Headquarter on Shipment. Afterwards, one of them started yelling at us, and all we could make out were the words "Shit" "DVD" "I want to know!" "Motherfucker!" "Explosion". There was a long string of sentences containing those key words, some times as a statement, some times as a question.

We lol'ed and then vetoed Strike because it's the worst fucking map for headquarters ever. Shipment again. Another slaughter, followed by the same unintelligible statements/questions, only this time twice as loud. Eventually we deciphered them saying "Motherfucking cunts!" before they backed out of the room. We backed out for about 5 minutes for a tea/bathroom break.

Then we load up a new game. Headquarters on Shipment. And once again, that same French clan is our opponents. This time, we all change our clan tags to match theirs. We slaughter them again, as they spend most of the match hiding between the angled crates, hoping to catch us off guard. Anticipating this we all shoot through the metal, killing them. After the match the guys start sending us video chat invites, with the same aforementioned phrases, plus video chat.

So basically, we're sitting there laughing our asses off, while these people are shouting "I WANT TO KNOW YOU EXPLODING SHIT DVD WHY NO VIDEO CHAT!!!!????" at us. Then one says "I AM NOT NO USA, WHY VIDEO CHAT??? I SHOW YOU EXPLODING DVD SHIT!!!" Then they leave. It was amazing.

Also, we figured out a cool clan tag exploit, making sentences. We plan out a sentence in the lobby before searching, then, upon seeing the order our names appear & what the opposition's gamertag or clantag is, we quickly make a sentence. So if we log in and see someone named Bob1256747, we quickly make our tags say something like.

[Bob]
[is]
[a]
[big]
[fat]
[noob]

Then we laugh & laugh like the immature twats we are, and good times are had by everyone who isn't Bob.

Vaxadrin
COD4 made me a dick
(Today, 09:40 PM)
Reply | Quote

:lol

raYne

UnholySpectacle said:
Vaxadrin
COD4 made me a dick
(Today, 09:40 PM)
Reply | Quote

We've done the clan tag stuff before. For example, post match:
[lol]
[you]
[lose]
[bad]
[:*(]

Good times.

Grug

Choke on the Magic said:
Ok I'm sure it's been asked a bunch but I need to know.

I can do prestige mode now, but is a dumb icon by my name all I get?

Apart from the Icon and starting all over again... yep.

Vaxadrin

Banned
Choke on the Magic said:
Ok I'm sure it's been asked a bunch but I need to know.

I can do prestige mode now, but is a dumb icon by my name all I get?

Well, your penis grows a little bit every time you start over. Don't you want a bigger penis?

Vaxadrin

Banned
That's an accurate measurement of growth but...that "before" is just embarassing. I recommend at least 5 prestige levels pronto.

vumpler

Has anyone seen any truth to these rumors on XBL about them adding 2 more prestige modes and adding / subtracting perks?

Vaxadrin

Banned
vumpler said:
Has anyone seen any truth to these rumors on XBL about them adding 2 more prestige modes and adding / subtracting perks?

If it's a future patch I haven't heard anything. It's definitely not in place now; there would be an epic shitstorm if they removed perks.

Can anyone explain to me how an entire clan can win a deathmatch by running around, RAPID firing .50cal sniper rifles without aiming ?

It's as if they were using the .50cal sniper rifles as automatic shotguns. It was ridiculous. They weren't using doubletap, either. Can you really shoot the .50cal that rapidly?

Nizz

I was playing on the map "Backlot" last night, and I think I saw my first glitcher. Unless people always do this? You know the building where one of those mounted machine guns is on the second floor? There's a chain fence behind the building. I'll be damned if someone wasn't shooting me from behind the fence. I see myself getting hit from behind and I'm like there's nobody there! Sure enough, he was behind the chain fence. The bastard... When I saw his kill-cam point of view, it's like there was never a fence there, a clear view. This was the PS3 version by the way...

Blitzzz

MrCompletely said:
Can anyone explain to me how an entire clan can win a deathmatch by running around, RAPID firing .50cal sniper rifles without aiming ?

It's as if they were using the .50cal sniper rifles as automatic shotguns. It was ridiculous. They weren't using doubletap, either. Can you really shoot the .50cal that rapidly?

you can shoot it about as fast as any pistol...its like a gigantic deagle

guise

Finally!

HECO_1204919053_Picture_1.png

First game i've gone all out for all the achievements, even though veteran was torture at times.

Nizz

guise said:
Finally!

HECO_1204919053_Picture_1.png

First game i've gone all out for all the achievements, even though veteran was torture at times.
Congrats man. :D Hardened is as far as I'll go with the single player campaign. That alone had me wanting to pull my hair out. Only thing I finished on Veteran is the training mission. ;)

Vaxadrin

Banned
guise said:

Congratulations, man! These are real achievements, not that Avatar/King Kong bullshit. You should be proud.

I just need to grab some intel and shoot some TV's and I'm there as well.

Now go beat Episode 1 with only the gravity gun. ^.^

guise

Vaxadrin said:
Now go beat Episode 1 with only the gravity gun. ^.^

I did that & the portal advanced maps a couple of weeks back :D . I still refuse to do the damn gnome achievement in Ep 2 though, i know it will drive me insane. I started it, but lost him after about 10 minutes :lol

Vaxadrin

Banned
Yeah, fuck that gnome. It was hard enough saving the buildings at the end, and killing the helicopter without missing. Then, I managed to kill every grub EXCEPT ONE and decided it was time to stop.

joezombie

Yeah, I just started using the m21 with stopping power/steady aim and it's pretty awesome in FFA. Slightly worse then a shotgun up close

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
man I really hate martyrdom. seems like everyone has a grenade shitting out of their ass nowadays :lol

Vaxadrin

Banned
Cerrius said:
man I really hate martyrdom. seems like everyone has a grenade shitting out of their ass nowadays :lol

Not me! And as a result, I always make it to the bomb first thanks to my extreme conditioning. Balance FTW!

vumpler

I got bored tonight and messed with the scorpion for the first time. Used it with juggs and last stand. Oh hell did I piss a lot of people off :lol I thought I got called fagot a lot for trying to use the grenade launcher. I was wrong.

Andokuky

Banned
Juggernaut is probably the most whined about ability in any console shooter I have ever played online, from Dreamcast to PS2 to Xbox to 360. I really don't get it, it doesn't give you that much more health and 99.9% of the people crying about it have stopping power on anyway. And then you try to explain to them that they are essentially doing the same thing just on an opposite spectrum and they act like a perk that kills you quicker is somehow entirely different and much harder to use than a perk that lets you take a couple more bullets.

raYne

So, I took the week off from this (and gaming in general) and decided to head on tonight to kill some time.. Extended the win streak to 69. *snicker* :lol

I thought the streak would've been broken a few times, but I managed a couple comebacks. At one point the game froze up on me in the mid-50's (first time ever) which surprised me, so I thought it would've counted as a loss. Thankfully it seemed to be the server and not just me, so it didn't.

Still, the original goal was a 50 streak.. so all of this is just icing. :D

Andokuky said:
Juggernaut is probably the most whined about ability in any console shooter I have ever played online, from Dreamcast to PS2 to Xbox to 360. I really don't get it, it doesn't give you that much more health and 99.9% of the people crying about it have stopping power on anyway. And then you try to explain to them that they are essentially doing the same thing just on an opposite spectrum and they act like a perk that kills you quicker is somehow entirely different and much harder to use than a perk that lets you take a couple more bullets.
Haven't bothered to try it myself, but I totally agree that it's stupid to complain about Jugg users when damn near everyone has Stopping Power.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
OMG! YOU KILLED ME! YOU'RE HACKING! FUCKING NOOB! STOP HACKING! I TOTALLY SHOT YOU FIRST! HEY EVERYONE, THIS GUY KILLED ME, HE IS CHEATING! SOMEONE KICK HIM!

The attitude of people playing this game is really starting to get to me. I just cant be bothered playing strangers anymore. As soon as you kill someone, the high pitched bitching starts.

Top Bottom