• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

karasu

Please hurry up with the patch. I can't stomach this voice chat for much longer. I can't believe that it never occured to the developers that some kids would just blast their radio through the mic for the entire time, and there's no way to boot them or shut them up! They have free reign to be as assholish as they want. @_@

karasu said:
Please hurry up with the patch. I can't stomach this voice chat for much longer. I can't believe that it never occured to the developers that some kids would just blast their radio through the mic for the entire time, and there's no way to boot them or shut them up! They have free reign to be as assholish as they want. @_@

Agreed.
It is either some idiot blasting crappy music non stop, some stoned idiot who does not realize that it is always on and having some kind of back and forth with other people or their screaming kid or just some 8 year old talking shit and other older people for some reason going back and forth with them.

kuYuri

Seriously, the PS3 version especially needs that patch bad.

raYne, I need to play with you someday just to see what the fuss is all about. I consider myself average/above average at best. :lol

Dunlop

commish said:
I fight against so many shitty players... at least on PS3, I get to fight against better competition, and they don't send messages like this :)

Generalize much? So just shitty players on an xbox, but good competition on a PS3 or PC? I wasn't aware either of those platforms weeded out the shitty players....

Is anyone else having constant issues with the PS3 versions online party system? It's almost like it's progressively gotten worse every week.

This used to work flawlessly for me and many of my friends and co-workers I've played with since the game came out (even during the online issues that affected many people before the patch), but now, it barely works at all and nothing has changed on my home network or with my PS3.

If I'm in a lobby I can quickly invite friends all day long, but when using the party system I can't join other peoples games it just sits there at the "trying to join potential matches" status.

I've got nat type 2 and all of the standard ports forwarded, for whatever it's worth.

I'm just curious to see if the problem is occurring with other people.

n1n9tean

Banned
karasu said:
What you said but with a sprinkle of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for urgency.

Seriously. Just within the past hour we ran into a mindless racist who could not construct a sentece so he just kept repeating the N-word, and a group of small children who decided to imitate small animals without pause.

And I could do SHIT about any of it.

J-Rzez

Strider2K99 said:
Seriously, the PS3 version especially needs that patch bad.

Hmm, PS3 didn't get a patch yet while the 360 one has? What a surprise from IW. You'd think they'd take that machine a lil more serious considering how well it sold even though they pushed PS3 owners aside with a Demo or Beta.

I played the 360 version the other night, and now you can take the reticle off of people while sniping and still see blood spurt from their head :lol

Andokuky

Banned
commish said:
Honest, the only reason you get these is because you play on the 360. Xbox has so many retards, it blows my mind. I used to get msgs for cheating in freaking dead or alive. DOA! 360 has the worst online community. Most people are horrible players + more whiners. My roommate has 360 version, and when we play, it seems like there's no attempt at matchmaking whatsoever. I fight against so many shitty players... at least on PS3, I get to fight against better competition, and they don't send messages like this :)

Actually they are both pretty much the same. The internet on the PS3 isn't a magical land free of people who complain about losing or free of people who scream profanity and racial slurs. Skill has nothing to do with which console they're on, either.

Maybe you experience more tards on the 360 version but at the same time you experience more people who know what they're doing and how to act online. But that's to be expected when you have a higher userbase and more people playing the game online.

commish said:
Honest, the only reason you get these is because you play on the 360. Xbox has so many retards, it blows my mind. I used to get msgs for cheating in freaking dead or alive. DOA! 360 has the worst online community. Most people are horrible players + more whiners. My roommate has 360 version, and when we play, it seems like there's no attempt at matchmaking whatsoever. I fight against so many shitty players... at least on PS3, I get to fight against better competition, and they don't send messages like this :)

Yes, you're right, all the assholes are on 360. Everyone on PSN is super duper nice.

Foil

commish said:

You can't be serious here? What a load of crap, come on now. I own the PS3 version and there's just as many meatheads online on that platform as the 360, or any other system with a worthwhile online library.

It's online gaming, there are idiots everywhere, in every single online game. And better comp on the PS3 COD4? Are you for real or what?

jet1911

J-Rzez said:
Hmm, PS3 didn't get a patch yet while the 360 one has? What a surprise from IW. You'd think they'd take that machine a lil more serious considering how well it sold even though they pushed PS3 owners aside with a Demo or Beta.

I played the 360 version the other night, and now you can take the reticle off of people while sniping and still see blood spurt from their head :lol

I think it's in Sony's cert process right now.

WTF Ijust picked it up today for PS3 and iam pissed. It stays at downloading game settings and nothing else. splitscreen freezes but when i delete the update from 'game utility' it works but when i come to play online it asks me to update. i did that and i cant play online or splitscreen. any solutions guys? srry iam on ps3 browser.

h3ro

Rapping Granny said:
WTF Ijust picked it up today for PS3 and iam pissed. It stays at downloading game settings and nothing else. splitscreen freezes but when i delete the update from 'game utility' it works but when i come to play online it asks me to update. i did that and i cant play online or splitscreen. any solutions guys? srry iam on ps3 browser.

I just got off of playing for an hour, no issues. When it says downloading game settings, just hit O and back out and hit find game again, should load you up a game right away.

Rayme

J-Rzez said:
A 360 patch was submitted to the MS cert team, and a PS3 patch was submitted to the PS3 cert team. Once submitted, it's all out of IW's hands. The cert teams will release their respective patches when they're confident.

The 360 patch is out now, the PS3 patch (afaik) should hit soon.

JB1981

Choke on the Magic said:
Is anyone else having constant issues with the PS3 versions online party system? It's almost like it's progressively gotten worse every week.

This used to work flawlessly for me and many of my friends and co-workers I've played with since the game came out (even during the online issues that affected many people before the patch), but now, it barely works at all and nothing has changed on my home network or with my PS3.

If I'm in a lobby I can quickly invite friends all day long, but when using the party system I can't join other peoples games it just sits there at the "trying to join potential matches" status.

I've got nat type 2 and all of the standard ports forwarded, for whatever it's worth.

I'm just curious to see if the problem is occurring with other people.
uh, every time i try to log in i'm met with the downloading game settings screen. if i sit there for 10 minutes it eventually goes away and i can play but it happens EVERY SINGLE time I go to play. Is this shit getting patched too? This is like 360 beta shit here and it's still plaguing the ps3 version.

This is pissing me off because it's was my only time of this week to actually play any games.

Any solutions?

The 360 version works fine. The PS3 is retarded as shit.

cluto

Posted? DLC Preview

Creek

939212_20080312_screen002.jpg

Broadcast

939212_20080312_screen001.jpg

Nizz

That new DLC looks sweet. I hope it hits the same time for all systems. And wtf with the patch, Sony? 360 owners had the patch for what, about a week now? Seriously, come the F on Sony...

Foil

Those two maps look solid from a visual point of view. I'd really like to see a map based on the beginning of the level where you need to rescue Griggs. The one where it's foggy/snowing and the enemies have searchlights on their weapons. Not sure if they already have one like that and I just haven't played on it yet.

Also, has anyone with the PS3 version experienced a connection error where a warning comes up saying "connection interupted" and it shows a yellow icon of the cord being unplugged making you lose control of your character and then get booted back to the menu? I've had this happen to me a bunch of times in the past few days and I know it's not my connection.

Nizz

Foil said:
Those two maps look solid from a visual point of view. I'd really like to see a map based on the beginning of the level where you need to rescue Griggs. The one where it's foggy/snowing and the enemies have searchlights on their weapons. Not sure if they already have one like that and I just haven't played on it yet.

Also, has anyone with the PS3 version experienced a connection error where a warning comes up saying "connection interupted" and it shows a yellow icon of the cord being unplugged making you lose control of your character and then get booted back to the menu? I've had this happen to me a bunch of times in the past few days and I know it's not my connection.
I've had that happen, yes. Sometimes, it'll happen just as I/we will be winning a match and boom, connection interrupted. Not so bad when I'm losing. ;) Another annoying thing is when the host leaves the match and I'm left back at the screen to search for a game. I know this'll be taken care of with the patch, but we're still waiting...

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
late to this party, but i think it's funny in the opening if you go the wrong way, they don't just have a drowning sequence, but rather just inform you that "you went the wrong way" and send you back to a checkpoint :lol

what's the excuse for that?

Geoff9920 said:
Last I read, the fourth was only a maybe. Has this changed?
There will actually be four maps in the final pack, though we can only really tell you about these two. The other two will be Chinatown, which is pretty self-explanatory, and Killhouse, which is a "bonus" map that we didn't get any hard details on
That's at the bottom of the GameSpot preview. Sounds like it will be in it.

suEcide

commish said:

Alright then, simple question: why is it for the last few pages it has been nothing more than a sense of urgency from PS3 owners to have the option to mute as they can not stand the imbeciles they play with online...on their PS3? Great sense of observation there, Skippy.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Are any of you playing the PC version? I got rid of the PS3 version and picked up the PC version.
I do. Although the pc one has better controls,ability to lean, and tons of mods & custom maps, the game is riddle with hackers. Just type cod4 hacks in youtube and you'll see a bunch.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
GeneralIroh said:
I do. Although the pc one has better controls,ability to lean, and tons of mods & custom maps, the game is riddle with hackers. Just type cod4 hacks in youtube and you'll see a bunch.
Yeah thats retarded. The problem with the PC version of any of these awesome FPS's is the fact that you never truly know if someone is just badass or is hacking. I remember in CS ~1.5 we recruited a guy into the clan I was in. The guy was a baller. Never got headshots really but just always had a great K:D.. He said he didn't cheat etc. We believed him. He looked like it he played legit and was just very good.

Then the new cheat detection pack came out for our server and he didn't know... He got on, got auto banned immediately and we didn't see him again.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
AltogetherAndrews said:
Are any of you playing the PC version? I got rid of the PS3 version and picked up the PC version.
Yeah I play the PC version.

Did a bit of fiddling and hooked it up to the HD TV earlier this afternoon and my eyes almost bled streams of orgasms.

As for the hacks and junk, usually you can tell if someone killing you is just too fucking good via the kill cam.

DuckRacer

MagicJackBauer said:
With the LMG's I hear people talking about "grips". What are these and how do I obtain them?
Get 75 kills with an LMG. They're kinda useless, though, since the RPD has no almost no recoil to begin with and the M249 and M60 have horrible ironsights.

Top Bottom