• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

raYne

Router said:
OMG! YOU KILLED ME! YOU'RE HACKING! FUCKING NOOB! STOP HACKING! I TOTALLY SHOT YOU FIRST! HEY EVERYONE, THIS GUY KILLED ME, HE IS CHEATING! SOMEONE KICK HIM!

The attitude of people playing this game is really starting to get to me. I just cant be bothered playing strangers anymore. As soon as you kill someone, the high pitched bitching starts.
It only takes one. Then others decide to use to opportunity to use it as their own excuse for sucking losing.

You'd think the Kill Cam would get them to stfu, but nooo..

Andokuky

Banned
raYne said:
It only takes one. Then others decide to use to opportunity to use it as their own excuse for sucking losing.

You'd think the Kill Cam would get them to stfu, but nooo..

Kill Cam is completely broken. If anything Kill Cam would make people even more suspicious. I can't count the amount of times I have emptied a clip into some dude but died and the cam shows I was just standing there.

raYne

Andokuky said:
Kill Cam is completely broken. If anything Kill Cam would make people even more suspicious. I can't count the amount of times I have emptied a clip into some dude but died and the cam shows I was just standing there.
Perhaps, but at the very least it'd show that you aren't doing anything different compared to anyone else they would see on the Cam.

hteng

Banned
you cant stand a full burst to the body from a Stopping power M16 even with juggernaut. imo juggernaut is only useful in hardcore matches and sometimes to prevent someone from backstabbing you.

raYne

hteng said:
you cant stand a full burst to the body from a Stopping power M16 even with juggernaut.
That'd be his point. You don't really get that much of an advantage from using Juggs in the first place. It's mostly useful if someone was strafing you while you were on the run. Then you could make it to cover or have a better chance to get them first with a well placed headshot or higher powered weapon.

Mostly, if you got the drop on someone using it they'd still be dead anyway. Unless they pull off a miracle.

I'd venture to say the only real weapon that it's a good defense against are snipers. Non-headshot they have to at least hit you twice. Even if they have Stopping Power. So it should give you a better chance to get out of their sights.

On a side note, the sniper usage seemed to have dropped off already. Surprisingly.

Socreges

Banned
Andokuky said:
Juggernaut is probably the most whined about ability in any console shooter I have ever played online, from Dreamcast to PS2 to Xbox to 360. I really don't get it, it doesn't give you that much more health and 99.9% of the people crying about it have stopping power on anyway. And then you try to explain to them that they are essentially doing the same thing just on an opposite spectrum and they act like a perk that kills you quicker is somehow entirely different and much harder to use than a perk that lets you take a couple more bullets.
that's a very good point. i bitch about it myself, but generally just when i don't have stopping power. it just sucks when you open fire on someone and yet they still are able to respond and kill you. e.g. watching the kill cam, i can see someone's screen go red (i.e. i'm shooting them), they turn around and instantly kill me

but yeah, stopping power allows me to basically null juggernaut and very quickly kill the rest. a couple bullets to the legs with stopping power takes someone out pretty quickly.

the reason why juggernaut is bitched about, in my opinion, is that fucking icon that appears when you're shooting them. no matter what the logic, it's still a little 'cheater' symbol to me. extra gratification when they die, but the ultimate frustration when they don't

Andokuky said:
Juggernaut is probably the most whined about ability in any console shooter I have ever played online, from Dreamcast to PS2 to Xbox to 360. I really don't get it, it doesn't give you that much more health and 99.9% of the people crying about it have stopping power on anyway. And then you try to explain to them that they are essentially doing the same thing just on an opposite spectrum and they act like a perk that kills you quicker is somehow entirely different and much harder to use than a perk that lets you take a couple more bullets.

I don't want to HAVE to have Stopping Power on all the time though. I would like to use my other perks in that slot but with Juggernaut I'm forced to use it.

I play Hardcore a lot because both Juggernaut and Stopping Power are useless (staples of TDM) and I can use my other perks and play around a bit with them.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
M60 w/ Grip
Double Tap
Martyrdom

Man people are so mad at me now :lol :lol . I don't give a fuck. Any other awesome combination with LMGs you guys can think of? :D I have tried everything, though I am thinking of going back to Juggernaut just to hear even more whiners. Hell, in a S&D game one dude asked me "Why are you using a M60?". "Cuz its my favorite weapon?"

Also.... the snipers in COD4 are playing a lot like the snipers in COD2, and trust me I was a god there =P. Thankfully the weapons and recoil are different so its not exactly the same... but I killed a dude, with a headshot, with a blindshot (not aiming) of my sniper. Fucking great... man the guy called me a cheater afterwards :lol :lol

I love this game! Prestige 3 Level 48, on going to the fourth one :D

raYne

Relix said:
M60 w/ Grip
Double Tap
Martyrdom

Man people are so mad at me now :lol :lol . I don't give a fuck. Any other awesome combination with LMGs you guys can think of? :D
I like the M60, but the sights bother me and I pretty much need the grip for that thing. It's actually my Anti-Heli build, but when Im feeling crazy I go with:
RPD w/grip (or bandolier whichever)
Double Tap
Deep Impact

..and procede to rip everything apart.. and I mean RIP. Especially if I have bandolier enabled. If I track someone and they somehow make it behind cover I rain bullets through everything until there's no sign of life. I can't imagine what it looks like from the other side of the wall/car, but I know they're praying for their lives. Screws up my accuracy numbers, but eh..

Then if you didn't get the +5/+10 kill popup, you stop firing for like a sec and they think you're reloading and try to make a run for it. Whoa... not so fast! *bapbapbapbapbapbapbapbapbapbap* :lol

Kinda makes me wish there was a Minigun in the lineup.

More weapons please IW? I'll be your friend.. :*(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
The RPD's good? I first use the SAW, ignore the RPD, and go straight for the M60 when unlocked. =O Might have to use it if its that good =P. Better than the M60? I got used to the sights of it, but the accuracy drives me nuts to no ends many times, but that's made up by totally ripping off three people simultaneously :lol

raYne

Relix said:
..but that's made up by totally ripping off three people simultaneously :lol
Yes! There's nothing like coming up on a few guys fighting and you're armed with a LMG. Almost brings a tear to the eye.

It's pretty much middle ground between the other two. Compared to the 60, it causes less damage, but it's way more accurate with much better ironsights. You could forgo double tap and use stopping power to make up for the power loss though. Add the grip to that and :O

To be honest, sometimes it feels like you can outsnipe snipers with it. :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
raYne said:
Yes! There's nothing like coming up on a few guys fighting and you're armed with a LMG. Almost brings a tear to the eye.

It's pretty much middle ground between the other two. Compared to the 60, it causes less damage, but it's way more accurate with much better ironsights. You could forgo double tap and use stopping power to make up for the power loss though. Add the grip to that and :O

To be honest, sometimes it feels like you can outsnipe snipers with it. :lol

I enjoy it so much, when I take a sniper down with the M60, especially in Backlot. I can SNIPE them with the 60 and take them off with one short burst if I am precise (with Stopping Power this was MUCH faster, but with double tap they have no time to breathe anyway).

May try the RPD in a day or two, see if I like it. Could use Stopping Power to make up for the difference as you said.

Shit I love this game too much :lol

EDIT: And why the constant winning on LMGs? There must be a tank/heavy user on every time, at least that's what I think. People are constantly whining about it... but then learn to use LMGs dammit.

raYne

Relix said:
EDIT: And why the constant winning on LMGs? There must be a tank/heavy user on every time, at least that's what I think. People are constantly whining about it... but then learn to use LMGs dammit.
Meh, people whine about everything. LMGs, snipers, shotguns, M16, claymores, grenade launchers, martyrdom, juggernaut etc.

I just sit back and laugh as the kill count rises. :lol

Dunlop

Was there a bad batch of COD4 DVD's? I recently had mine give me a DDE at a certain point. I was able to exchange it and complete the game.

My buddy called me last night and has the exact same error. The real piss off is that it happend during a cinematic at the end of the lvl and forces you to redo the entire lvl.

Right after rappelling down the missle silo

I don't use LMG's but I would recommend the RPD for the iron sights. But really in the end you can probably use any of them reasonably well.

And which playlist do you guys play where you get all this bitching? I haven't heard anything about Juggs (granted I don't use it) or cheating, or glitching, or sniping, or whatever else. I refuse to believe more people complain about Juggs over martyrdom.

Anyone know the numbers behind stopping power, juggs, and double tap? I've used double tap a few times, but the payoff never seems worth the extra ammo. I use Bandolier pretty consistently, so I've been trying to find a combination that works.

X26

Banned
Relix said:
The RPD's good? I first use the SAW, ignore the RPD, and go straight for the M60 when unlocked. =O Might have to use it if its that good =P. Better than the M60? I got used to the sights of it, but the accuracy drives me nuts to no ends many times, but that's made up by totally ripping off three people simultaneously :lol

I love it, with the grip it's basically an AK47 on steroids

raYne

PedroLumpy said:
And which playlist do you guys play where you get all this bitching? I haven't heard anything about Juggs (granted I don't use it) or cheating, or glitching, or sniping, or whatever else. I refuse to believe more people complain about Juggs over martyrdom.
I play a little bit of everything, FFA, Domination, S&D, HQ, TDM, Sabotage. I've never played Old School, Cage Match or Hardcore though. Don't think I've played Ground War either. However, I'm on a FFA kick and will be until the streak is over.

You'll mostly hear the Juggs complaints in FFA, but that's to be expected since it's also the only mode where you can hear your opponents mid-game (non-eavesdropping perk). I'd guess it'd be the same with everything else as a result.

Also, you'd be correct about the Martyrdom whining being way more common than Juggs bitching.

Anyone know the numbers behind stopping power, juggs, and double tap? I've used double tap a few times, but the payoff never seems worth the extra ammo. I use Bandolier pretty consistently, so I've been trying to find a combination that works.
No clue about the specifics. I'd guess Double Tap doubles, 'cause yeah. :lol Stopping Power and Juggs would probably be +.3 to +.5

Relix said:
Oh, I forgot to say. If you REALLY want to get on people's nerves:

M16 w/ Grenade Launcher
Sonic Boom
Martydom

You can still kill people with one to two bursts with the M16, so you won't miss Stopping Power in the least. Then Sonic Boom amps up the grenade launcher, grenades and Martyrdom to near inescapable levels. :lol

So since last night I've had no luck starting a party on multiplayer. I can join games by myself just fine but if I try to connect with any of my friends it says unable to connect. All of the correct ports are open.

Anyone else have this problem recently? PS3 version if that makes a difference.

I think it's funny so many use Martyrdom. It's become predictable and 90% of the time you can avoid it unless you're trapped in a small space. Last Stand is so much better and I can't wait to use a Desert Eagle with Last Stand.

raYne

the_zombie_luke said:
I think it's funny so many use Martyrdom. It's become predictable and 90% of the time you can avoid it unless you're trapped in a small space. Last Stand is so much better and I can't wait to use a Desert Eagle with Last Stand.
I'd say the opposite. Last Stand is so predictable it's a complete waste of time to use. All it does vs me is give me another headshot.

At least with martyrdom if you use Sonic Boom you can kill people with it from beyond icon range. So even if they know you dropped one and are waiting for the boom out of icon range, you may still pick up a kill. Also, if they kill you from up close it's much harder to escape from the combo. Small space or not.

I rarely get killed by Martyrdom so I just don't think it's that effective, even with Sonic Boom. Most of my kills aren't up close and if they are I always run away from bodies because most of them blow up. :lol I like Last Stand too because when I get people with it feels so good and it's the ultimate Nelson "Ha-Ha!" trick and it looks funny in the killcam sometimes.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I have a pretty awesome story to share that happened today on Pipeline.

It was the 2nd round and we had the bomb. Everyone rushed out like normal. About 30 seconds in it was just me against 6 left. I ran inside to the big building next to B. Killed 2 guys that were in there. I took one of the guy's M21 and climbed to the roof. Picked up off a guy from there. Jumped down, planted and killed the rest as they came one by one.

So I had an air strike. The next round everyone kept saying "dude use your air strike useeee ittttt!!!" But I told them hell no, I'm using it next round. They kept bitching etc.

Next round begins, we're on defense, I call the strike right on the road heading out of their spawn and kill all 6 :lol

My whole team erupts laughing etc, and immediately kept telling me what a good decision even after flaming me before.

So now I have another air strike, the next round begins. I call it on the same spot and get 4 of them. Then with the UAV the team got to the guys before I did.

I've never hit a whole team with an air strike before but it was fucking awesome :lol.

Zabka

As much as I love the multiplayer as it currently is, I think it would be a little more interesting if there were no health or damage modifying perks.

raYne

Great story vumpler. :lol

Zabka said:
As much as I love the multiplayer as it currently is, I think it would be a little more interesting if there were no health or damage modifying perks.
Play Hardcore or make your own gametype.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

DONE WITH THE M4 Challenges...God I Hate that weapon.

Now on to the shitty M14, and the pretty aiight MP44

VaLiancY

I gave up on leveling weapons, now I just use my MP5 with an Acog and go rip faces open. Two more weeks with this game and then it gets traded in.

mr_boo

the_zombie_luke said:
I still find it frustrating. I can typically avoid Martyrdom after I get a kill, but there are occasions where I've killed people from too far of a distance to hear the grenade tink drop and my aggressiveness gets the best of me and I run right into the explosion.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Andokuky said:

Yep

I use juggs alot. Mostly for headshots though. With stopping power people go down to fast and it makes it hard to get headshots. Juggs keeps me alive for that extra amount of time I need to get the headshot (cuz for some reason some weapons require more than one headshot for the kill).

You kow what sucks though? when you face someone with juggs when you have a low caliber weapon and no stopping power. I sware it's not possible to kill somebody with a clip w/out a headshot. I FUCKING SWARE. It gets even more fun when the other guy is in the same situation and we both fire at each other for 14 damn clips. Then you start to wonder......what are we doing with our lives?

raYne

34oye5d.jpg

<3

He also took the time to send me a nice voicemail to tell me how awesome I am. /sarcasm. :lol

~Devil Trigger~ said:
GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

DONE WITH THE M4 Challenges...God I Hate that weapon.

Now on to the shitty M14, and the pretty aiight MP44
I kinda like the M14. I think I posted this before, but if it was better in close quarters it'd probably be my 2nd favorite gun in the game. 1-2 shots from anywhere with SP and the only non-sniper that'll kill with one bullet to the head (again, with SP). The key is to fire it slow though. Like *pop* *pop* instead of trying to rapid fire it.

I have about 125 headshots to go with the MP44, but that gun has terrible accuracy. So that would take a long time... Way longer than I'd like to use it. Other than that, the rest of my ARs are maxed out save for 50+ AK47 headshots.

Gee, I thought the M4 challenges were some of the easiest ones. It just seemed to be attracted to peoples faces. Just keep in mind that you have to use the AK as you get the gold camo. I went through all the trouble and I don't use it. Felt kinda stupid afterwards.

Think we'll ever get more class slots? I get annoyed looking at the 5 preset classes that I haven't touched in approximately forever.

You still use the G3 raYne? That why he accused you of the modded controller?

raYne

PedroLumpy said:
Think we'll ever get more class slots? I get annoyed looking at the 5 preset classes that I haven't touched in approximately forever.

You still use the G3 raYne? That why he accused you of the modded controller?
I'd hope we get more everything. I could use some more slots, perks and weapons. :lol

Depending on the level, but yeah. I have the G3, M16, RPD, G36 and the M40 sniper in my custom setups. However, I use the G3 the vast majority of the time.

-G3 in 90% of the levels.
-M16 only on Downpour.
-RPD for anti-chopper action.
-G36 silenced for sneaking levels.
-M40 for sniper action if needed, or when I build up too much of a lead.

I know the vid/controller mod he's talking about, but I don't fire anywhere near that fast.

the_zombie_luke said:
So can someone explain Prestige mode to me? I know it brings you back to level 1 and resets some stuff, and you get a new icon, what else does it do?
Nothing, that's it.

Socreges

Banned
I'm sure Prestige meant something back in 2007, but now... who gives a shit. There's more prestige in being a 1st rounder and placing first ahead of a whack of Prestige people.

I just got the option, though, and decided I had to go up. I always pity those Lv 55 people since they're often just unwilling to let go.

So yeah, I've lost all my weapons and everything. I guess there's motivation there, but I loved my Classes. Bleh.

X26

Banned
I did prestige a few imes and don't regret it, but now I'm staying put at prestige 4 rank 55, don't feel like losing by stuff again

X26 said:
I did prestige a few imes and don't regret it, but now I'm staying put at prestige 4 rank 55, don't feel like losing by stuff again

Yeah, it helps keep the game fresh when you're playing it a lot, but if you're not going to play every day it just takes too long to get everything back so it starts to become more of a chore.

I'm about half way though Prestige 2 and will probably stick with that when I hit 55, since I don't really play much anymore. A higher Prestige icon isn't going to help my e-penis anyway, since I'm still a very average player.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
raYne said:
34oye5d.jpg

<3

He also took the time to send me a nice voicemail to tell me how awesome I am. /sarcasm. :lol

I kinda like the M14. I think I posted this before, but if it was better in close quarters it'd probably be my 2nd favorite gun in the game. 1-2 shots from anywhere with SP and the only non-sniper that'll kill with one bullet to the head (again, with SP). The key is to fire it slow though. Like *pop* *pop* instead of trying to rapid fire it.

I have about 125 headshots to go with the MP44, but that gun has terrible accuracy. So that would take a long time... Way longer than I'd like to use it. Other than that, the rest of my ARs are maxed out save for 50+ AK47 headshots.

:lol thats incredible.

raYne said:
http://i29.tinypic.com/34oye5d.jpg

<3

Insane. Can you report people like that on Live? Bitching in-game is one thing, but taking you time to sending you insulting messages like that and VOICEMAIL? Damn.

zenbot

raYne said:
On a side note, the sniper usage seemed to have dropped off already. Surprisingly.
I've been happy to observe this. I really enjoy sniping and was worried my prime hidey-holes would be nested by team-mates, heh. But the post-patch sniper rifles are pretty much unchanged, it's just that those 20% of shots that would miss pre-patch are landing now — which, for me, means that I might get 16 or 17 kills where before I'd get 12 or 13. Nowhere near unbalanced and so much less frustrating.

Andokuky

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
I don't want to HAVE to have Stopping Power on all the time though. I would like to use my other perks in that slot but with Juggernaut I'm forced to use it.

I play Hardcore a lot because both Juggernaut and Stopping Power are useless (staples of TDM) and I can use my other perks and play around a bit with them.

You don't have to use stopping power to kill people with juggernaut on. Just aim better. Can't count the amount of times I have taken 1 or 2 hits and people complain about juggernaut, as if they'd hit me 10 times. Or they shoot me in the legs and don't kill me.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
raYne said:
34oye5d.jpg

<3

Honest, the only reason you get these is because you play on the 360. Xbox has so many retards, it blows my mind. I used to get msgs for cheating in freaking dead or alive. DOA! 360 has the worst online community. Most people are horrible players + more whiners. My roommate has 360 version, and when we play, it seems like there's no attempt at matchmaking whatsoever. I fight against so many shitty players... at least on PS3, I get to fight against better competition, and they don't send messages like this :)

Top Bottom