• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Victrix

*beard*
So where do we send requests to the devs that will actually get there?

I'd like to beg them for a small addition - hitting a target that is stunned or flashed pops up an icon similar to Juggernaut, so you know your flash/stun actually worked.

Sometimes this is obvious due to the slow movement from stun or the hands up from flash, but not always, and it would make me feel better about all those killcams where a fully blind/stunned target kills me :(

Out of the new maps I've read about so far, CREEK sounds like a big winner to me. I want more maps that are larger with varied landscape which could create all kinds of fresh encounters between opposing forces.
I also think it sounds awesome that with their custom map contest they may be including some custom user created maps in the console versions.

So I've never bought any DLC before, but I think I'm going to break my little rule for these awesome looking maps.

How do they usually fit into online play? Do games typically only put you into lobbies where all players have the maps, or do you get booted from the lobby once one of the DLC maps comes up in the rotation?

lionelhutz

Broadcast looks sweet. It sort of reminds me of the office map in CS. That was perfect for the P90 since you were in such close quarters. A 50 round clip and high rate of fire owned people. I can't wait for these. I think RB6 2 will be on hold for a while. Creek looks cool too.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Can't wait to shoot you guys on these :D

Make sure to tune in to the SpikeTV thing tomorrow night - I gave them quite a bit of good footage. Hopefully they air most of it.

Nizz

DKo5 said:
Can't wait to shoot you guys on these :D

Make sure to tune in to the SpikeTV thing tomorrow night - I gave them quite a bit of good footage. Hopefully they air most of it.
Do any of you guys play over on the PS3 side? I don't think I've ever seen an IW tag in any games I've played. The maps are looking hot by the way:D ...

borsdy

Banned
blindrocket said:
I also think it sounds awesome that with their custom map contest they may be including some custom user created maps in the console versions.
Seriously, this idea has been tossed around forever for multiplat games like this, I hope they actually do that.

Can someone please explain to me how the fuck I'm suppose to beat the second to last part of the Shock and Awe mission on veteran? Right after I meet up with my squad on the second floor of the house. This shit is just stupid.

guise

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Can someone please explain to me how the fuck I'm suppose to beat the second to last part of the Shock and Awe mission on veteran? Right after I meet up with my squad on the second floor of the house. This shit is just stupid.

Which bit is that? is it that the house which is similar to the one in the multiplayer map Backlot?

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
fps fanatic said:
Do any of you guys play over on the PS3 side? I don't think I've ever seen an IW tag in any games I've played. The maps are looking hot by the way:D ...

Yeah, we've got quite a few guys that play on PS3 as well as the 360, and I think we've got a few guys that only have a PS3 at home. Unfortunately I don't yet own a PS3, else you'd see me on there every now and then as well :)

borsdy

Banned
Err, so in how many hours are they supposed to come up so I know when to tune into that shitty channel and get out of dodge as quick as possible?

Nizz

Rayme said:
(If anyone missed the writeup.)
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/callofduty4modernwarfare/news.html?sid=6187656

And there will be footage tonight, on Gametrailers and SpikeTV. This is the commercial for that:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31671.html

I like all four. They all play differently from one another and from any of the other maps. Creek isn't "Overgrown Redux", for instance. =)
Looking forward to checking out the footage! Thanks for the heads up. ;)

DKo5 said:
Yeah, we've got quite a few guys that play on PS3 as well as the 360, and I think we've got a few guys that only have a PS3 at home. Unfortunately I don't yet own a PS3, else you'd see me on there every now and then as well :)
Nice! They're probably all gold cross Prestige ten times over. Maybe I'll run into some of you guys and get my ass handed to me. ;)

Rayme

borsdy said:
Err, so in how many hours [...]
Hahah... well, I think it's 1am PST, but don't take my word for it.

Afaik, the same episode/footage will be on GameTrailers.com afterwards. I don't know if that means right afterwards, or something else.

Foil

Chinatown looked good in that quick teaser shot. Video coming up soon on Spike.

That's cool, didn't realise Chinatown is actually a remake of Carentan from COD2. Nice.

raYne

So Chinatown = Carentan remix? That map was pretty awesome in COD2, so.. :D My MP5 might have to make a comeback for that level.

Looked great in the footage as well.

edit:
Oh, and they repeatedly said only three maps in the pack. I wonder what's the deal with the 4th and why it's status is so on again off again.

borsdy

Banned
I pray to the gods that the carentan remake is based off of CoD's and not CoD2's... It was small enough in the first game.

raYne

borsdy said:
I pray to the gods that the carentan remake is based off of CoD's and not CoD2's... It was small enough in the first game.
Didn't seem that huge in the footage. That, and if I recall, they said close quarters battles would be the map's emphasis. So I'd guess it'd be remixed from part 2.

Chris R

oh god I played so much COD2, I might just have to pick this up for the PS3 and just get used to using a stupid controller :( just for Chinatown

Rayme

Foil said:
That's cool, didn't realise Chinatown is actually a remake of Carentan from COD2. Nice.
I think it's been a "secret" up until now. Our environment guys put a lot of work into it. You'd have to look really hard to spot an old texture, they did so much custom work on this one.

Hah, and this is silly, but I kind of wish the beans hadn't been spilled, honestly. It's been a lot of fun seeing people (even at the studio) slowly realize that it's a Carentan re-do. They're like "wait...", and then the light slowly dawns, and they're all happy. =)

And yeah, that footage said "one of three", but there is a fourth map, Killhouse. It's probably best to call it a bonus map like they've been doing (it's meant for for small-scale fights, y'see), but it's really grown on me.

JB1981

i thought the dlc was supposed to bring something very 'different' to the table. this stuff posted doesn't seem so new.

Rayme

That's a fair-enough criticism of Chinatown, if you've played the CoD1/2 variations, but the new setting and CoD4 loadouts are a decent counterpoint.

The others, though (especially Creek and Broadcast) play much differently than any IW maps you've played. Obviously I'm biased, but you'll get to see a lot more footage by the time they're released.

raYne

Rayme said:
I think it's been a "secret" up until now. Our environment guys put a lot of work into it. You'd have to look really hard to spot an old texture, they did so much custom work on this one.

Hah, and this is silly, but I kind of wish the beans hadn't been spilled, honestly. It's been a lot of fun seeing people (even at the studio) slowly realize that it's a Carentan re-do. They're like "wait...", and then the light slowly dawns, and they're all happy. =)
Tell the environment team "good job" for me. :lol I didn't even notice it in the footage until it was said. So I could totally see that happening. Just by making my way across the map and spotting the road out of town, the back road on the other side between the fensed in areas, the courtyard in between and everything else, I would've went. :O

Rayme said:
And yeah, that footage said "one of three", but there is a fourth map, Killhouse. It's probably best to call it a bonus map like they've been doing (it's meant for for small-scale fights, y'see), but it's really grown on me.
So we can consider it Shipment-like? In which case, meh. Hopefully it's not that small.

raYne said:
edit:
Oh, and they repeatedly said only three maps in the pack. I wonder what's the deal with the 4th and why it's status is so on again off again.

There are FOUR NEW MAPS, not 3. Sorry, I did that interview at GDC a few weeks ago before we finalized the last map (Killhouse) and added it to the pack officially.

So officially there are four new maps total in the upcoming map pack.

Rayme said:
That's a fair-enough criticism of Chinatown, if you've played the CoD1/2 variations, but the new setting and CoD4 loadouts are a decent counterpoint.

The others, though (especially Creek and Broadcast) play much differently than any IW maps you've played. Obviously I'm biased, but you'll get to see a lot more footage by the time they're released.

Is there any chance the map pack will be released simultaneously on both 360 and PS3?

SMZC

Oh, Carentan remake. Do want!

I hope this pack comes soon, to be honest I'm getting a little tired of the current maps, especially of the ones that were taken from the single player. The ones that I do love (Crash, Overgrown...) don't appear very often when I'm playing.

Btw, what's going to happen with the playlists once the map pack arrives? Will everybody need to buy them if they want to continue using matchmaking? Or will there be a new playlist where only the 4 new ones appear? Because I'd really hate to buy the map pack and have to play dozens of matches on the old maps just waiting for the new ones to pop up.

raYne said:
So we can consider it Shipment-like? In which case, meh. Hopefully it's not that small.

Killhouse is larger than Shipment but still designed with small team games in mind (ie. 2 v 2), but I have to say that we had a 5 man Free For All going with the guys from IGN, Team Xbox, and Gamespy last week that was probably the most fun I've had on Killhouse, it was carnage.

It's a larger and longer map than Shipment is and great for Free For All. If it's size you want, don't worry you'll be more than covered between Creek (which is probably take the crown as our largest map) and Broadcast which is huge as well but unlike Creek divides it space among outside AND inside spaces.

Trust me, these maps bring a lot of variety to the game as they play completely different than the stock maps. Broadcast is insane on objective gametypes with the amount of floor to floor vantage points and alternating routes leading throughout the entire station and outside.

SMZC said:
Because I'd really hate to buy the map pack and have to play dozens of matches on the old maps just waiting for the new ones to pop up.

Don't worry, there will be both. A playlist that is ONLY new maps as well as the new maps being available in the map rotation of all the other playlists.

That way if you feel like just playing the new stuff, you can without the old, or play normally with old and new. It's up to you.

PacoDG

Awesome, thanks for posting this extra info. I knew there were four but just finished watching that GameTrailers episode about an hour ago and was saddened they mentioned only three. TV's huuge disadvantage over internet for information, lack of updates. Was still nice seeing Chinatown in action.

SMZC

fourzerotwo said:
Don't worry, there will be both. A playlist that is ONLY new maps as well as the new maps being available in the map rotation of all the other playlists.

That way if you feel like just playing the new stuff, you can without the old, or play normally with old and new. It's up to you.

Sweet! Thanks for answering.

raYne

fourzerotwo said:
Killhouse is larger than Shipment but still designed with small team games in mind (ie. 2 v 2), but I have to say that we had a 5 man Free For All going with the guys from IGN, Team Xbox, and Gamespy last week that was probably the most fun I've had on Killhouse, it was carnage.

It's a larger and longer map than Shipment is and great for Free For All. If it's size you want, don't worry you'll be more than covered between Creek (which is probably take the crown as our largest map) and Broadcast which is huge as well but unlike Creek divides it space among outside AND inside spaces.

Trust me, these maps bring a lot of variety to the game as they play completely different than the stock maps. Broadcast is insane on objective gametypes with the amount of floor to floor vantage points and alternating routes leading throughout the entire station and outside.
Good news. 'Cause Shipment's the type of map where you could stand in a corner with a LMG and kill the person you were aiming at, as well as 4 other people on the other side of the map. :lol

Should work out fine then. Can't wait.

fourzerotwo said:
So what's the timeframe for the new maps to be put into the standard rotation? Or is that not quite planned out yet?

PacoDG said:
Awesome, thanks for posting this extra info. I knew there were four but just finished watching that GameTrailers episode about an hour ago and was saddened they mentioned only three. TV's huuge disadvantage over internet for information, lack of updates. Was still nice seeing Chinatown in action.

Yeah, I did a countless number of interviews at GDC talking about "3 maps... 3 maps... 3 maps" then I fly back to LA and get to the studio to find out, "Hey... Killhouse is confirmed, 4 Maps YAY!".... and I'm like...."great...I need to make some calls." :D

PacoDG

Oh yeah! if you are still checking this thread, when the official final announcement of the maps comes, any word on if this will be one of those situations that "The Maps Will Be Free Eventually" or something?

(Or will this be kept on the down low like they did on Lost Planet maps, charged, but never said they will eventually be free)

(side note: I will be buying these maps as soon as they are released anyways, just an inquiring mind here)

PacoDG said:
Oh yeah! if you are still checking this thread, when the official final announcement of the maps comes, any word on if this will be one of those situations that "The Maps Will Be Free Eventually" or something?

(Or will this be kept on the down low like they did on Lost Planet maps, charged, but never said they will eventually be free)

(side note: I will be buying these maps as soon as they are released anyways, just an inquiring mind here)

We don't know any of that yet, we're currently talking all that out with the respective partners involved (i.e. Activision / Microsoft / Sony )

SMZC

btw, fourzerotwo, is there any chance of a Team Deathmatch-only Team Tactical playlist once you guys update the playlists?

I love Team Tactical, but only on Team Deathmatch.

SMZC said:
btw, fourzerotwo, is there any chance of a Team Deathmatch-only Team Tactical playlist once you guys update the playlists?

I love Team Tactical, but only on Team Deathmatch.

There's a chance of anything. If we think there's enough people who'd be down to play that then we'll put it in.

We're trying out a lot of different playlists, if people play them, they'll stay. If they suck, then we'll just keep adding new ones and trying out new things. I'll be sure to put that in my pile of suggestions though.

Feel free to drop me a line anytime you have suggestions on what you might be cool, the best place to hit up is probably my blog at www.fourzerotwo.com as it has all my contact info.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Chinatown looks small man :/ I played about an hour of CoD2. I think I remember that map, but hell all the town ones looked the same to me.

They said there are a couple of "good" sniper spots. Hell I didn't see any. You can just dodge through all the houses and rape their family it appeared.

I suck with the sniper so I don't use it. A couple of the members in Clan Three use it and are really good with it. However there are only 2 maps right now you can use a sniper really. Even then you're at a disadvantage.

This map just looks like more of the same. (however I love the same :D)

raYne

vumpler said:
Chinatown looks small man :/
2u5w8s7.jpg
[/IMG]

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Oh man now that I just jumped on and noticing kill cams.. there were a few snipers who were a bit too extravagant in their kills. One sniper killed me basically from his own recoil, rifle swinging to and fro and letting off a random shot.

A fucking joke.

CHYME

Banned
speedpop said:
Oh man now that I just jumped on and noticing kill cams.. there were a few snipers who were a bit too extravagant in their kills. One sniper killed me basically from his own recoil, rifle swinging to and fro and letting off a random shot.

A fucking joke.

Extravagant?

There really aren't very many hackers in the PC version of COD 4 from what I've seen. Of course, noobs will still accuse ppl of autoaim when they see fit.

China Town sounds pretty interesting. Not the fact that it's China Town, but a remake of a popular CoD2 map, with lots of indoor-outdoor combat. Sounds good to me. I wonder how much the maps are going to cost?

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
CHYME said:
Extravagant?

There really aren't very many hackers in the PC version of COD 4 from what I've seen. Of course, noobs will still accuse ppl of autoaim when they see fit.
Read the last page. youtube.com type in cod4 hacks or autoaim. Its everywhere on there. That why I love the 360/PS3 versions :D They are very competitive and controls are as close as you're going to get [thus far] to greatness with a controlpad.

Top Bottom