• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Aladuf

Banned
China Town is looking like it's gonna be fun as hell, I wonder how they'll set up this map pack for the people who buy it? Like, will they do it like Halo 3 did and make a separate "map pack playlist"?

CHYME

Banned
vumpler said:
Read the last page. youtube.com type in cod4 hacks or autoaim. Its everywhere on there. That why I love the 360/PS3 versions :D They are very competitive and controls are as close as you're going to get [thus far] to greatness with a controlpad.

Yeah. If you search for hacks for any online PC game, you'll find em. But hackers don't appear too prevalent when playing the game.

USD

I get the greatest feeling in the world when I flank the shit out of the enemy deep in their own territory, rack up some kills, call an airstrike on my own position, and then run the fuck away. I can help but smile and laugh every time I do it. And it feels so good.

USD said:
I get the greatest feeling in the world when I flank the shit out of the enemy deep in their own territory, rack up some kills, call an airstrike on my own position, and then run the fuck away. I can help but smile and laugh every time I do it. And it feels so good.
I think this is something everyone can agree on. :lol

Personally, I've gotten back into Hardcore. Been having a lot of fun with that. UAV Jammer FTW.

Chinatown looks like my type of map. I believe I played a bit of COD2 over a friend's house, so the Carentan footage looked familar.

DuckRacer

fourzerotwo said:
Creek isn't based on anything from the campaign. It's a completely original map and will be one of our largest in the game.
Question: I noticed in this shot one of the guys has claymores and an RPG. Is that a new perk to be introduced sometime in the future or is it only something the devs get to take advantage of when testing the maps?

moai

any chance that on the new maps we get to play as the marines with black uniforms (as in the final mission)?

Shins

Banned
China Town and Creek look very fun. Been putting off getting back into the game until the patch is released on PS3, but I look forward to playing on the new maps.

VaLiancY

A reskin of an old map? I'll pass. All I remember from Carentan was grenade spamming over the spawn and camping doorways with the Thompsons. Hopefully the other two maps will be more original.

kuYuri

fourzerotwo said:
Creek isn't based on anything from the campaign. It's a completely original map and will be one of our largest in the game.

Thanks.

If you're Robert Bowling that I saw in Gametrailers TV, you are a very young looking guy. :lol

X26

Banned
Given how big a success cod4 has been and how it's exceeded activisions wildest expectations it'd be nice if they were free, but for 400 I'll bite

Nizz

fourzerotwo said:
Killhouse is larger than Shipment but still designed with small team games in mind (ie. 2 v 2), but I have to say that we had a 5 man Free For All going with the guys from IGN, Team Xbox, and Gamespy last week that was probably the most fun I've had on Killhouse, it was carnage.

It's a larger and longer map than Shipment is and great for Free For All. If it's size you want, don't worry you'll be more than covered between Creek (which is probably take the crown as our largest map) and Broadcast which is huge as well but unlike Creek divides it space among outside AND inside spaces.

Trust me, these maps bring a lot of variety to the game as they play completely different than the stock maps. Broadcast is insane on objective gametypes with the amount of floor to floor vantage points and alternating routes leading throughout the entire station and outside.
Can't wait for the maps to hit, but in particular I'm looking forward to the Broadcast map. :) That part from the single player game was pretty hectic, with all the tvs' and computer monitors getting shot up all around you. That map's going to be insane for multiplayer. :D

miyamotofreak said:
Oh man where is that PS3 PATCH!?!?!?
That's what I'm wondering... IW already sent the patch in for certification. Seems like Sony's dragging their feet about this. :( I watched the new Killcam views while my nephew was playing over on 360, and following a grenade kill was crazy! Hopefully it hits soon...

Jtrizzy

Is Carentan the level they joke about on The Office? "You don't snipe on Canenton" Saboteur!

Also, what is the PS3 patch going to do?

kuYuri

Jtrizzy said:
Is Carentan the level they joke about on The Office? "You don't snipe on Canenton" Saboteur!

Also, what is the PS3 patch going to do?

The same things as the 360 one, but also add a few PS3 specific things, like a recent players list.

ukiraros

I swear to fucking god, Sony needs to certified this update/patch ASAP. I sick of fucking missing perfect headshots with the sniper rifle and in return in the exact placement that I miss that bastard kills me, WTF.

This has happened so many damn times. Heck it just happened a few minutes ago, perfect headshot but miss and the bastard kills me.

YES! Carentan is one of my favorite maps from the original Call of Duty!

Now how about a remake of Dawnville and Bocage? :D

And fourzerotwo, if you want ideas for playlists -- my friends and I have a blast playing Hardcore Sabotage (in private games of course). I think that would be great if it were added into the public playlists. We like playing it to take a break from Hardcore Search and Destroy because it's fun and a bit more easy going than Hardcore S&D which can be very tense at times (but it's largely our favorite game mode!).

P.S. Please add rumble into the PS3 version. Thanks.

chapel

Banned
X26 said:
Given how big a success cod4 has been and how it's exceeded activisions wildest expectations it'd be nice if they were free, but for 400 I'll bite
Oh, thats too bad, its gonna be 800 points.

I wonder if there is going to be a double standard this time around about this map pack when compared to the Halo 3 map pack.

They are the same cost, though the cod4 pack has 1 more map (though you could argue it was thrown in heh). How will the cod4 map pack be worth buying that the halo 3 map pack wont be? Maybe because the cod4 map pack will never be free?

Did you guys notice that the map pack will most likely not ever become free, why I think this is because they are giving a voucher for it in the GOTY edition they are releasing at the same time.

I have nothing against cod4, I love it, it is more fun than halo 3 most of the time. I just think people have a double standard of hate when it comes to things related to halo 3.

Insertia

LTTP: Played the PC demo over the weekend. Fucking wow. The presentation is crazy and the game is simply fuck all immersive. I understand now why it's selling by the tons.
I'm picking up the full game sometime this week.

I hear they're going back to WW2 for CoD5. WHY?!?

CoD4 is the biggest leap in the series since the original. Got a good thing. Stick to it.

PatzCU

Picking this up today for a promotion this week at Gamecrazy - CoD4 + CoD3 for $39.99

I'm really excited to sink into this as I really enjoyed the multiplayer beta. It's going to take a lot to pull me away from Halo 3 though, I've been really addicted to it lately. Does CoD4 have a ranking system similar to Halo? I know you "level" up in CoD4, but do you get a rank as well (with different ranks per playlist)?

kuYuri

PatzCU said:
Picking this up today for a promotion this week at Gamecrazy - CoD4 + CoD3 for $39.99

I'm really excited to sink into this as I really enjoyed the multiplayer beta. It's going to take a lot to pull me away from Halo 3 though, I've been really addicted to it lately. Does CoD4 have a ranking system similar to Halo? I know you "level" up in CoD4, but do you get a rank as well (with different ranks per playlist)?

No, only military rank.

Geoff9920

PatzCU said:

Nothing visable. It uses a hidden TruSkill system.

Dyno

So what perks/weapons are you guys rolling with these days. I'm up to 53rd level and there's nothing else to unlock. Most of my challenges are done too.

Primary Weapon: G36C with red dot
Secondary Weapon: Auto-shot gun

Perk 1: 3 Frags
Perk 2: Overkill
Perk 3: Eavesdrop or Steady Aim

DuckRacer

The Lamonster said:
Do you guys think this is the best graphics available on the 360? If not, what is?
Eh, PGR4 in some scenarios (New York in thunderstorm, etc) looks a bit better.

Also, finally got the IGN vids to work... holy shit @ Creek, that alone would be worth 800 points. Wow.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Dyno said:
So what perks/weapons are you guys rolling with these days. I'm up to 53rd level and there's nothing else to unlock. Most of my challenges are done too.

Primary Weapon: G36C with red dot
Secondary Weapon: Auto-shot gun

Perk 1: 3 Frags
Perk 2: Overkill
Perk 3: Eavesdrop or Steady Aim

well, im finishing up my weapon challenges(Assault, SMG and Shotgun), done with shotgun

Uzi & Skorpion = Slight of Hand/Stopping power, 3 special grenades, Marathon

Assault Weapons = 3 special grenades, Stopping power, Marathon/Deep Impact

SMZC

TV Station looks fun as hell. It seems to have a great balance between close quarters environments and more open ones. Any map where you can pick an SMG class or a sniper and do equally as good with the two of them is an instant win in my book.

I'm really looking forward to Creek too, although I was expecting to see more of it in these videos.

kuYuri

~Devil Trigger~ said:
well, im finishing up my weapon challenges(Assault, SMG and Shotgun), done with shotgun

Uzi & Skorpion = Slight of Hand/Stopping power, 3 special grenades, Marathon

Assault Weapons = 3 special grenades, Stopping power, Marathon/Deep Impact

Marathon = Extreme Conditioning?

J-Rzez

JoJo13 said:
How about DS3 support?

Don't hold your breath, and iirc, they stated they wouldn't. You should know by now that there will be no special treatment for PS3 owners, just give them your money and be happy.

That patch on the 360 is rediculous though. I noticed you don't have to even have the crosshairs on someone perfectly for headshots. I thought, bullet-stray at first, but then it happened so many times where the sights are off and you just see blood from the head. Seems like they went from one extreme to the next now :lol

Hunter D

My favorite sets are-

set1
silenced ak 74u
3 frags
uav jammer
extreme conditioning

set2
any sniper
claymores
stopping power
iron lung

set3
m4/ak47/m16/g3/rpd/m60
3 frags
stopping power
deep impact

set4
either shotgun
3 frags
uav jammer
extreme conditioning

Geoff9920

J-Rzez said:
Don't hold your breath, and iirc, they stated they wouldn't. You should know by now that there will be no special treatment for PS3 owners, just give them your money and be happy.

That patch on the 360 is rediculous though. I noticed you don't have to even have the crosshairs on someone perfectly for headshots. I thought, bullet-stray at first, but then it happened so many times where the sights are off and you just see blood from the head. Seems like they went from one extreme to the next now :lol
That sounds like lag.

raYne

Creek looks awesome and I already <3 Chinatown. Broadcast looks pretty good as well, and I'm pleasantly surprised about Killhouse. I initially had flashbacks to Shipment and Wet Work before the reassurance from fourzerotwo, but it's bigger than I thought. So that's a plus.

Not bad. Not bad at all.. :D

Top Bottom