• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

J-Rzez

Geoff9920 said:
That sounds like lag.

I'm not sure what it is, but it happens more often than not. You can put the sights middle of the head, blood spurts out, you put them slightly above/below/left/right off of the head, blood still will spurt out :lol.

If it is lag, then so be it. I only played it on the 360 again because I wanted to check out the patch. Normally I game on the PS3 version since it runs better on it, especially lag wise.

WolfAlex

Banned
0000221ki6.jpg

000031gl5.jpg

000047fs5.jpg

000051sn9.jpg

000057vt0.jpg

Chris R

They ever going to add KBM support on the PS3? I'd really love to play this game, but can't play FPS on controllers. I'd buy it for PC, but even with almost everything turned off and at a low res the demo destroyed my old laptop :(

h3ro

oo Kosma oo said:
God I can't wait to get my PS3 back and play this again, it's been 3 months :(
What happend to it?

Hmm... now that we're getting new content on both consoles, is this going to re-open the Texchurr Warz?

Everyone get your ACOGs on and zoom in on blades of grass!

Guy Legend

This game isn't going back in my PS3 until the patch comes out. It's been well more than 2 weeks since the XB360 patch hit and still nothing on the PS3....

J-Rzez

Guy Legend said:
This game isn't going back in my PS3 until the patch comes out. It's been well more than 2 weeks since the XB360 patch hit and still nothing on the PS3....

Yeah, it's actually pretty frustrating. They went from one extreme to another in sniping, but man, the host leaving stuff is getting really old. Who knows who's fault it is here too. It could be Sony tying it up, but I don't trust IW either with anything with the PS3 since they lied.

Calen

J-Rzez said:
Yeah, it's actually pretty frustrating. They went from one extreme to another in sniping, but man, the host leaving stuff is getting really old. Who knows who's fault it is here too. It could be Sony tying it up, but I don't trust IW either with anything with the PS3 since they lied.
I beg your pardon?

Rayme

J-Rzez said:
It could be Sony tying it up, but I don't trust IW either with anything with the PS3 since they lied.
"Lied"? What on earth are you talking about?

And it's in Sony cert, for sure. Anyone really fault them wanting to make sure broken software isn't getting released on their network?

J-Rzez

Calen said:
I beg your pardon?

One of your devs in a video interview stated that the PS3 would get it's special treatment like the PC and 360, but that failed to surface. It's old, but many still remember.

And it's in Sony cert, for sure. Anyone really fault them wanting to make sure broken software isn't getting released on their network?

Nope, I can't fault them with that either. I just wish it was here because the hosts leaving when they're losing is tiring. It's my fav version between the 2 consoles because it always runs with less lag/more stable, and that was my only gripe.

Momar

aka Ryder
Finally got enough free time to mess around with the multiplayer and... oh my goodness. Multiplayer experience of the infinity and beyond? It's broken my prior addiction to TF2, it's madness!

J-Rzez

Ryder said:
Finally got enough free time to mess around with the multiplayer and... oh my goodness. Multiplayer experience of the infinity and beyond? It's broken my prior addiction to TF2, it's madness!

Definitely a good time. Wish they ran true dedicated servers though. 1 of the 3 best online games so far this gen, that's for sure.

Calen

J-Rzez said:
One of your devs in a video interview stated that the PS3 would get it's special treatment like the PC and 360, but that failed to surface. It's old, but many still remember.
It took an INSANE amount of PS3 specific effort, not reusable on either of the other two platforms, to make the game perform as well and look as good as it does on the PS3. I don't know where you're getting the idea that the PS3 didn't get any kind of special effort from the dev team. It got at least as much special effort as the other two platforms (possibly even more, given that CoD4 is our first game on the console.)

h3ro

Calen said:
It took an INSANE amount of PS3 specific effort, not reusable on either of the other two platforms, to make the game perform as well and look as good as it does on the PS3. I don't know where you're getting the idea that the PS3 didn't get any kind of special effort from the dev team. It got at least as much special effort as the other two platforms (possibly even more, given that CoD4 is our first game on the console.)

Of course we appreciate it! I think the poster was talking about how there was a 360 Beta etc etc.

That being said, some DLC for free might make him quiet! :p

Maggot9

Banned
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2azCa-X-270

Was just playing 10 mins ago and some crazy shit started happening in the match. at first i thought one dude was cheating, but then everyone got their hands on a GL and went fucking nuts. all ammo was infinite and the fire rate was quick. see for urself.

oh, and the they dudes were talking at the end about how the PS3 patch is out, gonna see if it is now.

btw. could you tell i was getting angry at not getting any kills? :D

h3ro

Maggot9 said:

Was just playing 10 mins ago and some crazy shit started happening in the match. at first i thought one dude was cheating, but then everyone got their hands on a GL and went fucking nuts. all ammo was infinite and the fire rate was quick. see for urself.

oh, and the they dudes were talking at the end about how the PS3 patch is out, gonna see if it is now.

Is it up?

Maggot9 said:

THE HELL!?

Jtrizzy

Yeah, I want to thank you for doing a good job with the PS3 version. The MP was a bit frustrating for me at first, but now that I know to run away from people when I kill them (martyrdom) I really love the online. I am really looking forward to the new maps. Thanks again for not shafting PS3 owners.

I'd be playing it right now if I could. For some reason my ps3 won't get online even when connected directly to the modem.

BPK

So....any chance for rumble support for the ps3? I'm not a game developer, but it's hard to imagine that rumble would be that time consuming. The whole game just oozes quality so this would be icing on the cake.

cameltoe

btw. could you tell i was getting angry at not getting any kills?

Some dude released the info today on how to do that. It only works in ranked matched if he is the host....and it works for everyone. In private matches it would only work for the hacker.

I guess a few teams were banned from GameBattles today for using it.

J-Rzez

Calen said:

Which is why the game sold so well on the PS3 because it runs so well and is not gimped like other crappy porterhouses. I'm talking about a dev stating that PS3 owners would get their "perk" like 360 owners getting a beta and PC gamers getting a demo. PS3 owners got nothing, and still bought a truckload of your game. Hell, there wasn't even a collectors edition for the PS3.

Now that's fine and well the game ran that well and sales reflect the appreciation. But if it ran like utter trash, like other ports on the PS3 I wouldn't expect the same sales numbers. So if devs want that same appreciation, they'll put forth that effort as well, you set a good example.

J-Rzez said:
Now that's fine and well the game ran that well and sales reflect the appreciation. But if it ran like utter trash, like other ports on the PS3 I wouldn't expect the same sales numbers. So if devs want that same appreciation, they'll put forth that effort as well, you set a good example.

Assassin's Creed lol

Top Bottom