• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Micromegas said:
Except a version of the one of the best multi-player games of the past 5 years. Complain much? You sound like a jerk.

While I don't agree with making a big deal about it, your response is pretty damn pointless. Whether it's worth the griping or not, the dude does have a valid complaint.

J-Rzez

AltogetherAndrews said:
Assassin's Creed lol

Yeah, touche... lol. Even I bit the bullet on that one.

Micromegas said:
Except a version of the one of the best multi-player games of the past 5 years. Complain much? You sound like a jerk.

So what? People were told they were getting their own specific perk (probably just to tag people along so they don't get more upset), then got nothing. People have the right to have been a little pissed over that. So PS3 owners should just be happy to get a game now? I don't think so. You sound like the jerk. They made the game, and I'm sure they turned a pretty profit even on the PS3 version. PS3 owners proved that they will pick up games that have some effort put behind them.

The thing people really got mad at was they didn't come out and say "sorry, he was misunderstood, there's nothing planned for the PS3", they just let it go as long as they could. I really enjoyed the 360 beta, and was hoping to get more of a taste of the game somehow, someway before it hit the shelves.

I think that patch and map pack maybe too little-too late though (no new weapons? really? *sad face*). R6V2 seems to be getting a bit of attention now, and it seems to offer a lot IF it runs better online this time. It has a SR-25 in it, that's +1 pt from me. Always a little cautious though since it's made by Ubi.

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
Does any get occasional freezing/crashing on the PS3 version?

It's been about the third time now in the last 3 hours. It just freezes during gameplay, forcing me to reach over to the console and manually turn it off (since the PS3 Menu wont come up). It's becoming more frequent the further I get into single-player.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Could it be the PS3 itself or the disc?

The visuals on the loading screen objective movie occasionally become blocky and corrupted too...Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :S

It sucks that there's only one "outdoorsy" map out of the new set. I mean, I don't mind the new ones (actually Killhouse seems kind of absurd as a locale), but I just wish they could have had a least 2 out of the 4 be closer to a GRAW kind of environment. Even the few current maps that incorporate some amount of outdoor elements (Overgrown, Bog etc) are still primarily buildings/man-made structures. I'm not saying I want completely raw outdoors, but a few less houses/streets and a few more fields/trees would have been prefered. Oh well. Maybe they'll give us one more pack before the next installment.

raYne

Ned Flanders said:
It sucks that there's only one "outdoorsy" map out of the new set. I mean, I don't mind the new ones (actually Killhouse seems kind of absurd as a locale), but I just wish they could have had a least 2 out of the 4 be closer to a GRAW kind of environment. Even the few current maps that incorporate some amount of outdoor elements (Overgrown, Bog etc) are still primarily buildings/man-made structures. I'm not saying I want completely raw outdoors, but a few less houses/streets and a few more fields/trees would have been prefered. Oh well. Maybe they'll give us one more pack before the next installment.
Agreed. Though I suppose it's easier from a design/gameplay standpoint to make man-made structures compared to natural surroundings. Doesn't hurt that the templates already existed in one form or another either.

For the next round I want a few maps of forests/jungles* with hills, valleys, boulders and whatever used for cover.

plus new perk where snakes fall from the trees and kill everyone in the area :O
:lol

raYne said:
Agreed. Though I suppose it's easier from a design/gameplay standpoint to make man-made structures compared to natural surroundings. Doesn't hurt that the templates already existed in one form or another either.

For the next round I want a few maps of forests/jungles* with hills, valleys, boulders and whatever used for cover.

plus new perk where snakes fall from the trees and kill everyone in the area :O
:lol

What modes do you normally play? I see you on all the time, and I've seen you at the top of my friends list as far as accuracy/kill ratio, but I haven't the slightest clue what you actually play.

All I play is hardcore SnD/DM.

raYne

Ned Flanders said:
What modes do you normally play? I see you on all the time, and I've seen you at the top of my friends list as far as accuracy/kill ratio, but I haven't the slightest clue what you actually play.

raYne said:
I play a little bit of everything, FFA, Domination, S&D, HQ, TDM, Sabotage. I've never played Old School, Cage Match or Hardcore though. Don't think I've played Ground War either. However, I'm on a FFA kick and will be until the streak is over.
^

But I haven't played in over a week (weeks?), and probably won't until the new maps are online. So my accuracy/ratio is probably in the toilet. Heh.

edit:
Fuck! Reading that quote just reminded me that I was in the middle of the streak. I'm almost guaranteed to lose it now. :/

Just watched the videos of all four new maps on IGN360. They look pretty good. I trust China Town should be good since it's a CoD2 remake, and Creek looks awesome visually. Using the training complex as a multiplayer map is...Interesting.

SonnyBoy

Ned Flanders said:

Don't play with him! He'll work relentlessly until he has removed you from the top of any list that he can see. :lol :lol :lol He demoralized me and caused both of my 360's to self destruct!

*shakes fist!! I'll be back Rayne, I'll be back!

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
not sure if posted...COD4 PS3 version hacked....online.

I would just like to say that it is very possible to do a lot to this game without any modification to the actual PS3 console. I have successfully been able to create an aimbot, ESP, flashbang removal, UAV updates every 0.01 seconds, instead of every 4, it shows the whole map, instead of just the area around you, shows every enemy, even those with UAV Jammer, and more.

For the sake of everybody that plays this game, and the fact that I will be playing it until MGS4 comes out, I am not going to reveal how this is done, but if any of you know me from the PC Gaming world, you know I am not full of ****. Below, you will find a video I just recorded, it is hard to see, but it clearly shows that I am able to see friendlies through walls, enemies turn red, and that it is locking onto enemies. If you look really hard, you can see the whole map on the UAV, and watch the bullet tracers, you will notice they have been modified to make them show up with every shot, and stay longer (to help find where they are coming from).

You will also notice that throughout the game X, Triangle, Circle, etc are visible, and that there is prestige mode, which I don't believe PC has. at the end of the video, I quit out of the game, and back into XMB, so it is definitely not fake. Another quick note, the video is 100% unedited. It is completely untouched from the point I hit the record button, to the point I hit stop

The video is crazyyy....game is ruined online now...lol

SUPREME1

Banned
BREAKING NEWS:

I recently had DSL connection issues (F*ck you SBC, Los Angeles) and had plenty of time on my hands. What did I do with no Live available to me?

Single player, yo. CoD4 has it... and it's good.

Kidding aside, I finished up single player campaign. It was fun and a lot better than I had thought it would be.

I would even say that there are a few levels that have become instant favs of mine.

A bit short, but that's okay with me.. as I rarely see a game through to the end.

Now I'm not saying I'm badass for doing it, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
ImperialConquest said:
A bit short, but that's okay with me.. as I rarely see a game thorugh to the end.

But did you do it on Veteran?

Speaking of which....."no fighting in the war room" is absolutely kicking my ass. I keep dying once, getting annoyed and not wanting to play it safe after re-loading, and constantly reminded of the time limit isn't helping either.

I can't even imagine Mile High.... :(

SUPREME1

Banned
Metroidvania said:
But did you do it on Veteran?

Speaking of which....."no fighting in the war room" is absolutely kicking my ass. I keep dying once, getting annoyed and not wanting to play it safe after re-loading, and constantly reminded of the time limit isn't helping either.

I can't even imagine Mile High.... :(

No. :\

That's next! :D

Death From Above + All Ghillied Up = OMG.

Crisis

Banned
rc213 said:
Patch 1.20 prompt when I booted the game. :O

Confirmed. It's 9-10MB. In-game muting is also easy. You press select and use the d-pad to locate the kid or asshole in the game and press X. You also get a list of people you've played with in the Players Met section of the XMB. Good update all around.

raYne

SonnyBoy said:
Don't play with him! He'll work relentlessly until he has removed you from the top of any list that he can see. :lol :lol :lol He demoralized me and caused both of my 360's to self destruct!

*shakes fist!! I'll be back Rayne, I'll be back!
rofl :lol

Crisis said:
Confirmed. It's 9-10MB. In-game muting is also easy. You press select and use the d-pad to locate the kid or asshole in the game and press X. You also get a list of people you've played with in the Players Met section of the XMB. Good update all around.

No fix for the shitty Acog?

BPK

For those who downloaded the patch, is there still no rumble support? I love the game but it would be cool to get a little rumble action when you're spraying 100 bullets or getting hit by them.

Nizz

Cataferal said:
Does any get occasional freezing/crashing on the PS3 version?

It's been about the third time now in the last 3 hours. It just freezes during gameplay, forcing me to reach over to the console and manually turn it off (since the PS3 Menu wont come up). It's becoming more frequent the further I get into single-player.

Has anyone else experienced this?
This doesn't happened to me as often, but yes, during multi-player. It's happened maybe 3 times since I've had the game. It'll just completely freeze up, so I'll have to turn the system off, then back on. Weird. I hope it's not my PS3 acting up. I play maybe 4-5 hours a night. Too much, maybe? ;) Oh, and yay for the patch! :D

Nizz

SuperEnemyCrab said:
This game runs amazing on all platforms. Literally, I am in awe of what you Infinity Ward guys accomplished.
Agree with this post. Also, us PS3 owners did get the double XP points weekend where I'm sure many of us took advantage of and ranked up pretty quick! ;)

Victrix

*beard*
Roxas said:
Finally i can mute all these fuckheads! yes!

If it's like the 360 version, you can mute them in-game, then it de-mutes as soon as you get back in the lobby and you get to hear their jew-tastic post match commentary. It pretty much rocks!

I keep getting host left the game still, or just host quit and it kicks back to lobby. I thought it was supposed to migrate the game? Or was I mistaken? (on xbox 360)

J-Rzez

Annnd still, you get booted to the main lobby of the game, not the pregame lobby, when the host leaves and disconnections. WTH...

Didn't get to see if they fixed the party issues yet.

SMZC

SuperEnemyCrab said:
I keep getting host left the game still, or just host quit and it kicks back to lobby. I thought it was supposed to migrate the game? Or was I mistaken? (on xbox 360)

If the host leaves during a match, it still ends. What the patch does is keeping everyone else together, select a new host and create a new match, that's it.

At least that's how it is with the 360 version. I guess it's the same with the PS3 one.

J-Rzez

SMZC said:
If the host leaves during a match, it still ends. What the patch does is keeping everyone else together, select a new host and create a new match, that's it.

At least that's how it is with the 360 version. I guess it's the same with the PS3 one.

It's not even doing that on the PS3 patch.

Victrix said:
LET'S HAVE AN AWESOME DEBATE ON THIS ENTERTAINING TOPIC

Its actually a real question...but this type of games still control better witha k/b and mouse and i was asking if there's really more content on the console versions....

Top Bottom