• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Victrix said:
If it's like the 360 version, you can mute them in-game, then it de-mutes as soon as you get back in the lobby and you get to hear their jew-tastic post match commentary. It pretty much rocks!

Unless of course you have your 360 chat settings to friends only then you never hear them... ever.

Victrix

*beard*
OldJadedGamer said:
Unless of course you have your 360 chat settings to friends only then you never hear them... ever.

I've done this in the past, but it doesn't work when you play with a large meta-tag list of gamers, which I do :/

USD

I decided to put some serious time into using shotguns for the first time (I'm an assault rifle whore, and out of those it's 95% G3). And wow... it's exhilarating. It works out really well with my playstyle, since I'm always on the run and trying to flank. I put on the UAV Jammer to mask my movements and then have a fun round of shotgun ninja. It also keeps my accuracy up (I'm at 29.27% the last I checked, trying to break into the top 10,000 on 360, which is at ~30%). Easily the most exciting weapon I've used.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Nice, just booted up the game and the patch was there. So awesome seeing yourself being bombed from above. :D The mute option is bar none the best thing to come out of this patch though.

SMZC said:
If the host leaves during a match, it still ends. What the patch does is keeping everyone else together, select a new host and create a new match, that's it.

At least that's how it is with the 360 version. I guess it's the same with the PS3 one.
Yeah, as J-REZ said, it's not even doing that on the new PS3 patch. It just drops the players like it always had. :(

J-Rzez

blindrocket said:
Yeah, as J-REZ said, it's not even doing that on the new PS3 patch. It just drops the players like it always had. :(

This is a joke, seriously. I'm at my last straw with this game. I'm not going to play the 360 version because it lags too much too often, and I'm not dealing with the PS3 version that runs way better online, but the host disconnects and you're kicked all the way out, not in the pregame lobby, but YOUR lobby with the choice to find a game.

Let me guess, Sony must of changed the coding during quality control? What's the deal here IW?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I know it's almost assuredly been said before, but what the hey....

Fuck Mile High on Veteran.

I've looked at some successful vids, and tried to duplicate them as best I can, but nada.

I can get to the top of the second story, running towards the door with about 8-10 seconds left, and either my flashbang isn't perfect, and some guy on the other side of the wall mows me down before I can knife him, or my MP5 doesn't have enough ammo to kill everyone.

borsdy

Banned
J-Rzez said:
This is a joke, seriously. I'm at my last straw with this game. I'm not going to play the 360 version because it lags too much too often, and I'm not dealing with the PS3 version that runs way better online, but the host disconnects and you're kicked all the way out, not in the pregame lobby, but YOUR lobby with the choice to find a game.
What the fuck are you talking about?

guise

Mile High took me like 2 hours of constant re-trying and i ended up with a sore thumb, but i managed it in the end.

Watching the vids on youtube/gametrailers really did help - once you get upstairs its pretty easy since after you clear out the first bit, one flashbang will blind everyone and you can just run straight past everyone to the hostage. the first room is the hardest bit. once you have that bit down its definitely doable.

I'm not sure what was more frustrating, mile high or the 9 minute timed level towards the end of the game. They both drove me insane.

J-Rzez

borsdy said:
What the fuck are you talking about?

I'm talking about what I wrote. It lags a bit more than I can tolerate. Less noticeable on the PS3 version. PC and PS3 dedicated server games have spoiled me too much.

It's not that I'm blaming something because I'm a noob either, as people will tell you that I gamed with that I'm not bad at shooters.

J-Rzez

borsdy said:

Informative post, will not read again. Why is it people like you can't type out a well thought response instead of this useless drivel? Sorry, but Resistance and Warhawk run circles around anything else, like it, or not. Just like how PC games with true dedicated servers run like butter, Resistance and Warhawk does the same.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
J-Rzez said:
Informative post, will not read again. Why is it people like you can't type out a well thought response instead of this useless drivel? Sorry, but Resistance and Warhawk run circles around anything else, like it, or not. Just like how PC games with true dedicated servers run like butter, Resistance and Warhawk does the same.
Checkmate.

J-Rzez

borsdy said:
whatever, go play on your imaginary dedicated cod4 servers

WTF are you talking about? CoD4 on PS3 doesn't have dedicated servers. It just runs better for who knows what reason. Resistance, motorstorm, and Warhawk have true dedicated servers, and they run way better. L2Read.

epmode

J-Rzez said:
WTF are you talking about? CoD4 on PS3 doesn't have dedicated servers. It just runs better for who knows what reason. Resistance, motorstorm, and Warhawk have true dedicated servers, and they run way better. L2Read.
The L2Read is a nice touch but it's pretty obvious that you didn't know PS3 COD4 had 0 dedicated servers until they just called you out on it.

X26

Banned
epmode said:
The L2Read is a nice touch but it's pretty obvious that you didn't know PS3 COD4 had 0 dedicated servers until they just called you out on it.

Pretty obvious he knew it didn't actually

DuckRacer

I'm pretty sure what J-Rzez meant was that dedicated server games like Resistance have spoiled him to the point of barely being able to tolerate lag. To him, anyway, the 360 version has a bit too much lag for his taste while the PS3 version barely passes. I don't think he was saying the PS3 version actually had dedicated servers.

JB1981

funny i've found cod 4 to run a lot better online on the 360 - less lag, smoother etc.

and NO DOWNLOADING GAME SETTINGS SCREEN

DuckRacer

AltogetherAndrews said:
I don't believe you
You could always quote his tag! (And while you're at it, change your avatar back to the mustached guy.)

For the record, I haven't experienced any lag at all since the patch on the 360 version, so that's my stance.

Andokuky

Banned
Which console version lags more or less depends on your connection and the connection of games you happen to join. There is no universally faster version. In my experience the PS3 version is laggier, and full of a lot more people who suck. Doesn't make that the norm.

Hey guys I have a few questions. For some reason I can no longer play on The Bog. Whenever that map loads I get a DDE and have to boot back to the dashboard. It didn't start happening until after the patch. Anybody else have this problem.

Also, how does the game calculate win streaks. I noticed about a week ago that I have a 49 game winning streak. I really want to get this to 50. Do have to win 50 games in a row or can I do a small winning streak of maybe like 10 games. Does it count as a win if you place second or third or do you have to be placed 1st.

Lastly does anybody else completely skip kill cams. Ive heard numerous people complain about reverse spawn killing. Meaning after they killed me I popped up right next to them for an easy kill. What actually happened was I didn't bother looking at the kill cam, respawned, and ran back to their position except usually from a different angle all within about 30 seconds of the time they killed me. I get at least 20 to 30 kills from that a game.

X26

Banned
IcebergSlim3000 said:
Hey guys I have a few questions. For some reason I can no longer play on The Bog. Whenever that map loads I get a DDE and have to boot back to the dashboard. It didn't start happening until after the patch. Anybody else have this problem.

Also, how does the game calculate win streaks. I noticed about a week ago that I have a 49 game winning streak. I really want to get this to 50. Do have to win 50 games in a row or can I do a small winning streak of maybe like 10 games. Does it count as a win if you place second or third or do you have to be placed 1st.

Lastly does anybody else completely skip kill cams. Ive heard numerous people complain about reverse spawn killing. Meaning after they killed me I popped up right next to them for an easy kill. What actually happened was I didn't bother looking at the kill cam, respawned, and ran back to their position except usually from a different angle all within about 30 seconds of the time they killed me. I get at least 20 to 30 kills from that a game.

- Had that problem with backlot, cleaned my disk and everything worked fine again

- Not sure, thought it just tracks your longest streak of consecutive wins. But 50...damn man, nice

- Usually I skip, unless like said an airstrike has just been called on a small map

Ramirez

I skip the KC usually because I really don't like seeing that I wasn't even shooting on the other guys screen, when I definitely was on mine. :lol

Doc Evils

I finally got to sit down and start playing the game. I finished it 2 days ago and now understand the craze for this game. Good single player, multi not my thing though.

J-Rzez

Duck said:
I'm pretty sure what J-Rzez meant was that dedicated server games like Resistance have spoiled him to the point of barely being able to tolerate lag. To him, anyway, the 360 version has a bit too much lag for his taste while the PS3 version barely passes. I don't think he was saying the PS3 version actually had dedicated servers.

Ding! (and you can tell by some of my old old posts bitching to please use true dedicated servers and bitching then that they didn't)

The PS3 version runs better with less lag, while the 360's party system is much more stable, I should've went with the PC version I think but all my friends either have 360's or PS3's :(

JB1981 said:
funny i've found cod 4 to run a lot better online on the 360 - less lag, smoother etc.

and NO DOWNLOADING GAME SETTINGS SCREEN

I remember you saying this when we tried out the versions when they first came out :lol ... I just never saw it. I know the 360's party system runs much better, but gameplay wise the PS3 game always ran better :(

X26 said:
-

- Not sure, thought it just tracks your longest streak of consecutive wins. But 50...damn man, nice

I only play FFA. I hate depending on other players. It makes it a lot easier to win games. Just a couple of days ago I joined a game and proceeded to spank the entire room. Even though I was down 50 points when I joined I still won. The next match the room decided to gang up on me.

Everybody was looking for me which made it alot easier to find targets. I was ripping everyone a new one until they figured out that of course I was going to win if everybody was just going for me and not trying to get kills themselves. Needless to say I won that game to.

TR1CK BABY

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
guise said:
I'm not sure what was more frustrating, mile high or the 9 minute timed level towards the end of the game. They both drove me insane.

The timer was only annoying to me in that it didn't activate the checkpoint if you fell short of a certain time frame, at least, from my perspective.

But fortunately....finally got to the door with 1.3 seconds to spare. :D

Now I just have to hunt down that one last piece of intel among all the campaign levels....no idea which one it is. :(

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Any one having problems with spawning in the 360 version? I was playing a 1 on 1 match against a friend last night and the game kept spawning the killed player right in front of the other. This went really crazy for the 4 matches we had. I also had problems playing TD on Pipeline. Every time I died, I was spawned right into the other teams area.

Maggot9

Banned
Router said:
Any one having problems with spawning in the 360 version? I was playing a 1 on 1 match against a friend last night and the game kept spawning the killed player right in front of the other. This went really crazy for the 4 matches we had. I also had problems playing TD on Pipeline. Every time I died, I was spawned right into the other teams area.
this games spawn points suck dick. i cant count how many times ive respawned RIGHT IN THE LINE OF FIRE OF AN ENEMY. /mad

karasu

Is there an FPS with soldiers who are ATHLETIC? Jeus christ. I love this game but it pisses me off how slow my guy does everything. Robocop turns around faster than this muthafreak.

Maggot9

Banned
karasu said:
Is there an FPS with soldiers who are ATHLETIC? Jeus christ. I love this game but it pisses me off how slow my guy does everything. Robocop turns around faster than this muthafreak.
ive never seen soldiers as athletic as the ones in COD4

I think I've been spoiled by playing in parties. Today I played alone and pretty much never saw a pre-game lobby. It throws you into games with unbalanced teams and awful maps. I even got thrown into S&D games where I never got a chance to play.

In the past couple days my win/loss ratio has dropped from 1.3ish to 1.11... Very frustrating :/

ShowDog

SolidSquirrel said:
I think I've been spoiled by playing in parties. Today I played alone and pretty much never saw a pre-game lobby. It throws you into games with unbalanced teams and awful maps. I even got thrown into S&D games where I never got a chance to play.

In the past couple days my win/loss ratio has dropped from 1.3ish to 1.11... Very frustrating :/

I don't know how anyone gets a positive win ratio in this game besides marathon binges in the same room. God forbid you have to search for games, it likes to drop you in FFA games ending in 2 kills or TD 720-430 with you on the losing team.

Pre-patch it was even worse, with you joining games with 3 kills left, promptly losing, and then the host would leave and you'd get booted to the menu. Rinse and repeat. It was awful. That, combined with friends constantly getting dropped from parties (router issues that were since resolved) has left me struggling to get my win ratio above .86. Not like win ratio matters anyway, but if it keeps track it shouldn't be so broken.

FiRez

Andokuky said:
Which console version lags more or less depends on your connection and the connection of games you happen to join. There is no universally faster version. In my experience the PS3 version is laggier, and full of a lot more people who suck. Doesn't make that the norm.

:(

my x360 died, and now PS3 is my only option

well at least i will have a higher place in the leaderboard.

X26

Banned
Router said:

It happens a lot more frequently now I find since the patch. Sucks to have a streak going and you're prowling about checking your corners and everything just to have someone spawn right next to you and end it

Calen

karasu said:
Try setting your controller sensitivity higher in the options. I am pretty sure you will be able to turn around as fast as you want if you set it to Custom + up the number a bit.

So damn addictive. I hadn't played the game in quite a while but I played for a good bit yesterday and it was like I never left. My favorite multi-player game of this gen.

Top Bottom