• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

PacoDG

theBishop said:
Does anyone from IW post here?

I was wondering if the PS3 version would have rumble patched in.

FourTwoZero (and I believe someone else as well) pops in from IW from time to time.

The rumble thing the last I read was, "IW has NO PLANS of implementing “Rumble Support” for the PS3 anytime soon" . I cannot find you a source link, but I don't think this statement has changed as of yet.

Birbo

Relix said:
Should I buy these maps? I am very tempted to do my first DLC pruchase >_>. 10 bucks rite?

Yeah, it comes out to $10 for the four maps.

Does anyone know if the new maps will be in the matchmaking rotation, or just for custom games? I really want to pick them up, but it'd be a waste if I could only use them in custom games.

chapel

Banned
calen said:
I don't know what our patch plans are, if any (and I'm not one of the people who decides these things), but everything turns into a question of time vs. benefit. We don't have any kind of rumble framework on the PS3 yet, so adding it would be significant work that could be spent on other potential fixes or changes that would help everyone with the PS3 version and not just folks that buy the DS3. It's already on our "big board of ideas" though.

From somewhere in this thread I believe, but quoted in the OP that I created.

chapel

Banned
Birbo said:

Does anyone know if the new maps will be in the matchmaking rotation, or just for custom games? I really want to pick them up, but it'd be a waste if I could only use them in custom games.
They will be in rotation, though only if you are matched up with people that have the maps. They will never be free, so buying them is a must. They said something about a DLC map playlist, but I can't confirm that.

TeTr1C

I WANT MAPS NOW!!!

I've been waiting to give them my money!! Haha.

What IW should do, is make separate playlists for all of the popular gametypes with the new maps thrown in with the old ones. You know, TDM, Domination, Headquarters, Sabotage, and Search And Destroy. Rather than making one playlist with only the new maps.

Edit: Or just put them in regular rotation and match up with people who have purchased them is a better idea. I didn't think they would do that though.

PacoDG

Relix said:
Should I buy these maps? I am very tempted to do my first DLC pruchase >_>. 10 bucks rite?

YES!

They look bad ass and I think buy worthy. There is plenty of videos and pictures floating around for them. I am buying for "Broadcast" alone.

Birbo said:

I can't find the exact quote on how this was going to work, but I believe that there is going to be separate playlists for people who want to play just the new maps, and the regular playlists will have the new maps worked in as part of the regular rotation of maps.

PacoDG

chapel said:
They will be in rotation, though only if you are matched up with people that have the maps. They will never be free, so buying them is a must. They said something about a DLC map playlist, but I can't confirm that.

They have not said that they would never be free. In fact I asked fourzerotwo that specifically and his response was it was up to Microsoft/Infinity Ward to determine that (I asked him in this thread, too many pages to try and find it though, but it was just a couple of weeks ago he was online here)

guise

Mooreberg said:
Is there another tier of challenges after Elite? (I'm asking all of this a bit prematurely, I'm only level 34)

I think if you max out all of the specific weapon challenges you get a golden gun. i.e. do all the assault rifle challenges and get a gold AK or something.

neoism

What in the fuck IW???? Why say the 3th and make us wait all fucking day!!! ;/
should have been midnight the 3rd!!

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
neoism said:
What in the fuck IW???? Why say the 3th and make us wait all fucking day!!! ;/
should have been midnight the 3rd!!

I see that winky, but just in case this is legit; fourzerotwo said the 3rd OR 4th. If its the 5th and you have no maps, feel free to burn an effigy of him/us :)

I wasn't planning on getting the maps for awhile but if they had came out today I would have taken the plunge :(

I guess we'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow.

Ephemeris

DKo5 said:
I see that winky, but just in case this is legit; fourzerotwo said the 3rd OR 4th. If its the 5th and you have no maps, feel free to burn an effigy of him/us :)

:lol Hey, you never know.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Haid Saalam'ai // April 4, 2008 at 2:03 am

Just began downloading… they’re here…..

Can anyone validate or deny this statement posted on the site linked earlier?

I'm probably gonna be up all night. Finishing up homework, then I'll watch the last 4 episodes of Season 2 of Dexter. The COD4 map pack better be up after all that.

kuYuri

I just noticed after playing PS3 version... wtf, they still didn't fix the host quitting issue for that version. :|

Fucking lame.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Cerrius said:
Someone loves the AK :p

Can you blame me?! Sometimes it just feels so right.

Currently I'm on a big MP5 spin. Put some stopping power and steady aim on there and oofta - killing MACHEEN.

Andokuky

Banned
Well there's a new update when you fire up CoD4 and the option to download the maps is now right there on the main menu and multiplayer menu. New playlists are there but no maps yet :(

fhco

Am I to assume, based on there only being "Variety Pack Team Deathmatch" and "Variety Pack Team Objective" playlists patched in that the new maps do not, as of now, include Hardcore? :(

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
CajoleJuice said:
I'm probably gonna be up all night. Finishing up homework, then I'll watch the last 4 episodes of Season 2 of Dexter. The COD4 map pack better be up after all that.
Dexter > *

TimeLike

fhco said:
Am I to assume, based on there only being "Variety Pack Team Deathmatch" and "Variety Pack Team Objective" playlists patched in that the new maps do not, as of now, include Hardcore? :(

Seems like a safe assumption. Halo3 has "DLC Slayer" and "DLC Objective" playlists.

SMZC

fhco said:

fourzerotwo said here that not only would there be new playlists, but that all of the old ones would include the new maps. So, in theory, you'll be able to play the new maps on hardcore, but you'll have to play on the old ones as well.

Well, I'll be able to get them when I get back from class at 1 PM EST.

Any Gaffers who want to play the new maps, send me a message (360).

See you guys on then.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
SMZC said:
fourzerotwo said here that not only would there be new playlists, but that all of the old ones would include the new maps. So, in theory, you'll be able to play the new maps on hardcore, but you'll have to play on the old ones as well.

:(

Who even plays on anything else than hardcore?! :mad:

Top Bottom