• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

PacoDG

Played everything but Killhouse (ended up just doing a custom game to see how it is, like a paintball range it seems).

Anyways.

Beautiful maps. I love that broadcast has a lot going on outside as well as inside, pretty big map.

Creek is fun as all hell. Perfect airstrike/helicopter level.

Chinatown is pretty cool too. Everyone ends up at some window it seems, but still fun as hell.

I LOVE THESE MAPS.

h3ro

fps fanatic said:
This is painful... Not only do you 360 guys get the maps first, you get double XP also? :(
I am sad...

I'm sure us PS3 losers will get the same double XP weekend near the end of April... we got double XP when the game launched too...

Creek sounds awesome.

ItsInMyVeins said:
:(

Who even plays on anything else than hardcore?! :mad:

The new kids gotta start somewhere right? Also, some people I think can't even imagine the game if they can't use Juggernaut or Stopping Power. They would feel lost without them.

I'm the same way about Hardcore. Hardcore is like the Adult table at Thanksgiving and normal death match is like the kiddie table.

Choke on the Magic said:
My sneaky placed claymores will say hi.:lol

I'd dare to say that 1/3 of my total kills come from Claymores in Hardcore.

SMZC

Creek is awesome. Overgrown was my favorite map, so I was really looking forward to playing a similar one. As it's been said, there are a lot of places for snipers, and I like how you can go through the other side of the map through that cave or using the cliff. I admit I was expecting it to be even bigger, and you can get your ass owned if you're using an Assault or SMG class, but it's one of the best maps of the game IMO, if not the best.

I love Broadcast. As it's been said, the little house that is in the other side is perfect for snipers, as is the rooftop of the TV Station. There's also a lot of indoor environments great for other classes, so in that regard I think it's better than Creek because the map doesn't revolve around just one class in particular. I love how there's tons of ways to get into the different parts of the building. I haven't played it in S&D yet, but this map has to be awesome in that mode.

Chinatown is as great as the original map was, so there's not much to say. Another great addition to what was an excellent map pack already. Killhouse is pretty shitty IMO (I hate this kind of maps where playing tactically isn't even an option), fortunately it doesn't even appear on the regular playlist.

X26

Banned
Anybody else lagging REALLY bad? Want to play more on the new maps, but it was getting unbearable. My impressions sofar..

Broadcast - amwesome, best of the bunch I think sofar

Chinatown - looks great, but the games I've played sofar were campers paradise with all the rooms and such to hide in

Creek - hated it first time as I kept getting picked off, but after palying with it again it's great. It's a good map for snipers, but you're far form helpless without one.

Killhouse I haven't played yet

Need more variety pack playlists, mercenary TD, free for all, and hardcore

Another thing I like about the new maps is that there's a lot more color and some really awesome lighting, so purdy

So yea sofar so good, hopefully when I boot it up again the lag isn't an issue

Is it weird for me to be tempted to buy this game now simply because the maps sound so awesome?

I keep seeing Creek shots and all I can think of is Thin Red Line.

And that's just, you know, fucking awesome.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
OldJadedGamer said:
The new kids gotta start somewhere right? Also, some people I think can't even imagine the game if they can't use Juggernaut or Stopping Power. They would feel lost without them.

I'm the same way about Hardcore. Hardcore is like the Adult table at Thanksgiving and normal death match is like the kiddie table.

Yeah, I know and of course standard team deathmatch should be there. The the issue here is mainly the question why the fuck there isn't a hardcore playlist for this? Are the maps even in the hardcore playlist? Now I've been forcing myself to play team deathmatch, and seeing someone get hit twice by the M16 and continue running is plain annoying.

OldJadedGamer said:

I know what you mean :lol

USD

Chinatown is definitely a "check your corners (and windows)" map, there are so many passages to the same place you'll be getting hit in the sides a lot. Enjoyable though. Creek is fun, big map with several tight clashing places. Broadcast is also pretty big, larger than I expected. Out of all the new maps, I seem to do worst on that one. Haven't had a chance to try out Killhouse. Is it in any of the playlists?

ItsInMyVeins said:
Now I've been forcing myself to play team deathmatch, and seeing someone get hit twice by the M16 and continue running is plain annoying.

After playing Hardcore for months, I decided to out TDM for giggles. I was sniping then hit someone dead center in the chest with a R700 and the guy just kept running. Right then I hit START, then Leave Game then went back to Hardcore.

raYne

After many months off, I played a few games to congratulate myself/IW for the new maps. Won my first 2 games. Even with yellow bars and a crap host causing the game to stutter every few seconds in the last one.

Win streak extended to 76 in a row, bitches! :lol

edit:
I <3 Creek so much *hugs*. Chinatown looks great and plays just like it should. Window camping is going to be an issue, but eh. I loved it back in the days, and I still love it now.

Broadcast is much bigger than I expected it to be. Thankfully the 2nd floor over the main TV room closed off into just a fairly small part of it being reachable. Since people camping up there would've gotten old in a hurry.

Killhouse, eh. Well.. It's what I thought it would be. A small (not too small thankfully) spammy kill getting map. I expect Vetos aplenty eventually. That said, I want to see the guy/team that actually makes use of the sniper tower in the middle. 'Cause there's no way anyone can get up there without being killed from damn near any place on the map. :lol

ItsInMyVeins said:
Yeah, I know and of course standard team deathmatch should be there. The the issue here is mainly the question why the fuck there isn't a hardcore playlist for this? Are the maps even in the hardcore playlist? Now I've been forcing myself to play team deathmatch, and seeing someone get hit twice by the M16 and continue running is plain annoying.
I don't want to download this until I find this out. I want to be able to play these on Hardcore.

Median

Jesus...I have a 1400 point card to buy the map pack and Xbox Live is being a real bitch, not letting me redeem the card or even buy points with a credit card. Anyone else having problems?

Median said:
Jesus...I have a 1400 point card to buy the map pack and Xbox Live is being a real bitch, not letting me redeem the card or even buy points with a credit card. Anyone else having problems?

Live is buckling under the weight of COD4 fans. The entire marketplace is fucked.

Kydd BlaZe

Median said:

Same here. I was hoping I wasn't the only one having this problem. This shit is seriously pissing me off.

I just downloaded the new maps about 20 mins ago, no problems. I didnt have to redeem a card though, already had the points. Took about 5 mins to download the whole pack, its like 444mb i think.

Median

Apparently it'll eventually go through if you keep trying. One of my friends managed to get the map pack since he had added points earlier in the day. Last thing the bastard told me as I turned off my Xbox was that he was loading up Chinatown :(

The billing server is getting hammered right now due to Points purchases and token redemptions. Techs are working to get this resolved ASAP. Hope you already had points on your account.

This is the beauty of microtransactions at work. :D

OldJadedGamer said:

Yeah screw you too buddy.

ItsInMyVeins said:
Maybe the maps are in the hardcore rotation, but there's no "only new maps harcore mode" anyways -- shomething there fucking should be.

Anyways, just played Creek, Chinatown and the TV-station. Was kind of difficult, since I haven't played the game for a while and the last game I played through was Rainbow Six Vegas 2. I'm like throwing grenades when I'm gonna prone, knifing when I try to run and god know what else :lol

Oh yeah, Creek was the supreme map of those.
So you were able to play them on Hardcore?

Nevermind, just saw your later posts.

WHAT THE FUCK I WANT TO KNOW

If I can't play these maps on Hardcore, I'm not fucking buying.

Treo360

CajoleJuice said:

Don't buy 'em if hardcore is your thing (like me) like another poster already noted, it's full of fail right now as there is no option, other than starting a private room, to play these on hardcore.

itsinmyveins

CajoleJuice said:

From what I've heard it seems like the maps are in the playlist but only availible for playing if everyone in the lobby has got them. Which sounds infinitely stupid -- I'm betting there are a lot of people not buying the map pack so it's gonna be hard getting such a game going, and if you're not even sure that you can play them on hardcore I'd say more people are likely to abstain from it.

I really hope there will be another update for that.

theBishop

Banned
PacoDG said:
FourTwoZero (and I believe someone else as well) pops in from IW from time to time.

The rumble thing the last I read was, "IW has NO PLANS of implementing “Rumble Support” for the PS3 anytime soon" . I cannot find you a source link, but I don't think this statement has changed as of yet.

Geez, that sucks. Its not like they don't already have the rumble code. I don't think it needs to be SPE optimized :lol

No FFA on just the new maps. I dont like that one bit. Ive played for about an hour and a half and the new maps have yet to show up in a FFA match. I know I can just jump into one of the special playlists but FFA is all I play. I soon do the plan on updating the playlists.

SPEA

CajoleJuice said:
Bullshit. Not buying until they fix that.

I don't play hardcore EXCLUSIVELY, but that's bullshit.

Seriously. Are you guys always so angry? Calm down, and play the game.

"For those of you who have already downloaded the maps, you can expect to see some Hardcore Playlists with the new maps popping up in the very near future, maybe today… if not, then next week."

http://iamfourzerotwo.com/

joezombie

IcebergSlim3000 said:
No FFA on just the new maps. I dont like that one bit. Ive played for about an hour and a half and the new maps have yet to show up in a FFA match. I know I can just jump into one of the special playlists but FFA is all I play. I soon do the plan on updating the playlists.

Darn. Guess I'll be waiting until that gets resolved before buying

Treo360

SPEA said:
Seriously. Are you guys always so angry? Calm down, and play the game.

"For those of you who have already downloaded the maps, you can expect to see some Hardcore Playlists with the new maps popping up in the very near future, maybe today… if not, then next week."

http://iamfourzerotwo.com/

Not angry, just expected them to cater to all with the new maps, having only the arcade mode was silly.

GenericPseudonym said:
Live is buckling under the weight of COD4 fans. The entire marketplace is fucked.

This happens each and every time a huge download comes out for a super popular game. I thought about this and bought my points last night then downloaded the maps early this morning before work.

OldJadedGamer said:

I worry about team kills sometimes. I suppose it's a bit better than friendly fire though, you have to look before you leap.

noire said:
Dude on another board that I frequent had this to say about creek:
"It's tough to do much except snipe in Creek. So far. Finding ghillie suits in the sunny grass on the hills is quite a pain, and all ways to cross the creek are easily defensible by average snipers. But it's very different from any other CoD4 map due to the elevation differences which should make it worth studying. The little town on one side is interesting to fight in."

Any advice for taking on the snipers?

If you know where they are, cooked grenades are a good way to kill them and avoid claymores. Other than that I find being a sniper is a good way to take on a sniper, in fact I usually look snipers before I snipe any of the normies.

Also notable is the fact that I used to suck at sniping, but got so sick of being picked off all of the time, so I just started doing it on certain maps until I became good at it. Sniping snipers is your best bet and it's fun. You'll be hazed as a camper, but you'll get over it when you see how pissed some gamers get.:D

itsinmyveins

noire said:
"It's tough to do much except snipe in Creek. So far. Finding ghillie suits in the sunny grass on the hills is quite a pain, and all ways to cross the creek are easily defensible by average snipers. But it's very different from any other CoD4 map due to the elevation differences which should make it worth studying. The little town on one side is interesting to fight in."

Hm, I didn't really find that much of a problem, there's like trees, fences, rocks and caves everywhere so there's a lot of cover. I didn't experience any more snipers than on overgrown, at least.

Just got done playing a few rounds on the new maps. Didnt play killhouse yet though.

Creek and Chinatown are fuck awesome. True, many go sniper on creek, but its no so bad. Just use a combo of UAV/Airstrikes and taking different routes.

Chinatown is really fun though, can be successful with a lot of different kits/tactics.

Broadcast.....I'm still on the fence about. It was fun, but always seemed to just be small skirmishes instead of outright battles. People just seem to wander aimlessly around it for now.

TiVo

I kept getting the error from downloading from the marketplace. After logging in to COD4 I clicked the download maps selection and map downloaded in 20 minutes.

noire said:

Use the Bomb Squad perk since pretty much every sniper has his back (and front) covered by Claymores. Even if a Sniper is well hidden, you can find him by the big huge icon on your screen showing you his Claymore location.

Socreges said:
How long does this usually last?

Usually a day or so since every one gets what they wanted after that. The Bioshock demo was the worse though. Keep trying, you'll get through if your persistent.

Top Bottom