• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

h3ro

Enjoy it... bastards... freaking 21 days!

Atleast I have GT5P and Lost Odyssey to keep me company... bastards. :D

womp

cod4creek.jpg

shocked.jpg

nudie_jeans_sweden2.jpg

champagne-4.jpg

Gowans

sod it gona take a quick break for work.

I'm at 56% going steady.

Who;s gona host a room and get some GAF games going while were all equally baffled by the maps.

Ping me a invite (my friends list is full). Gowans007
If not hope I see ya randomly in the playlists :D

ItsInMyVeins said:
Got it down now, but I don't know guys..

Lack of hardcore mode with only these maps is fucking annoying.

What you mean? Are you sure? Why? Why? This is a fucking cold shower... :(
There's no hardcore at all or you mean it's actualy impossible to play hardcore ONLY with those maps?

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
thelurkinghorror said:
What you mean? Are you sure? Why? Why? This is a fucking cold shower... :(
There's no hardcore at all or you mean it's actualy impossible to play hardcore ONLY with those maps?

Maybe the maps are in the hardcore rotation, but there's no "only new maps harcore mode" anyways -- shomething there fucking should be.

Anyways, just played Creek, Chinatown and the TV-station. Was kind of difficult, since I haven't played the game for a while and the last game I played through was Rainbow Six Vegas 2. I'm like throwing grenades when I'm gonna prone, knifing when I try to run and god know what else :lol

Oh yeah, Creek was the supreme map of those.

Damn you people who happen to be at home right now, while I'm stuck in my engineering class listening to a lecture on flutter in aircraft wings.

Barrett2

Is the M4 Carbine a worthwhile weapon? I have been playing lately with the M4, but even with 'Stopping Power' and 'Deep Impact,' I am getting mowed down in most firefights. It seems as if the weapon is 'broken' compared to the others. Time and time again I will get the first shots into a guy as he turns a corner, but with a single shot of his weapon I drop.

Am I just being a wuss about this gun, or do other people think it's broken as well?

Ephemeris

lawblob said:
Is the M4 Carbine a worthwhile weapon? I have been playing lately with the M4, but even with 'Stopping Power' and 'Deep Impact,' I am getting mowed down in most firefights. It seems as if the weapon is 'broken' compared to the others. Time and time again I will get the first shots into a guy as he turns a corner, but with a single shot of his weapon I drop.

Am I just being a wuss about this gun, or do other people think it's broken as well?

It's nice in hardcore Mode

itsinmyveins

lawblob said:

Don't know about standard team deathmatch, but in hardcore it's my favourite along with G36C.

Dyno

I've been rocking the M4 with Double Tap, they are a perfect match because of the carbine's low recoil. I'm a couple dozen headshots away from getting the red tiger paint.

Lots of people play with the M4 which has the added advantage of restocking your ammo, which of course you go through pretty quickly with Double Tap.

Victrix

*beard*
lawblob said:

There's your problem

The m16 can do its retarded I'm-also-a-shotgun-in-addition-to-being-a-sniper-rifle but otherwise, if you're up close with the other ARs, you're playing the crapshoot lag/reaction time game. If it's an SMG or a Shotgun, even worse, and even the LMGs can spray.

Assuming you're literally talking about rounding corners and trading shots, you should either switch to a close quarters weapon, or change your play style slightly so you're engaging at medium range, where the m4 shines - low recoil makes it very accurate at a distance, and you're still dangerous up close (moreso with steady aim, deep impact is more useful for taking down targets behind cover at a distance or as they move through cover from one place to another, or if you *know* where someone is up close).

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
lawblob said:

yeah....it's got no power. So little power that i take stopping power off of it and put on juggernaut so i have just a few more seconds to make the headshot.

Dyno

ItsInMyVeins said:
:(

Who even plays on anything else than hardcore?! :mad:

I don't enjoy Hardcore as much as regular games. There, I said it, and I am prepared to withstand your ridicule.

I have had much victory in Harcore, completed all of the challenges in Hardcore, and even been the MVP on Hardcore. I got the Star Player award while playing Hardcore.

It's just not as fun overall.

The Deathcam - aside from being a useful feature - is a fun and interesting. It makes the time between death and respawn seem like nothing. Waiting up to twelve seconds to respawn and only getting to watch your buddies creep around at a snails' pace is boring.

As well, I understand the added challenge of accidental team kills but they happen WAY too often because the majority of players continue to pack grenades and martyrdom as in normal games.

After a couple dozen games you don't even notice the increased weapons lethality. It doesn't seem any more challenging, it's just a game with some of the cool features taken out. Any gamestyle that renders certain perks pointless is flawed in my mind anyway.

itsinmyveins

Dyno said:
I don't enjoy Hardcore as much as regular games. There, I said it, and I am prepared to withstand your ridicule.

I have had much victory in Harcore, completed all of the challenges in Hardcore, and even been the MVP on Hardcore. I got the Star Player award while playing Hardcore.

It's just not as fun overall.

The Deathcam - aside from being a useful feature - is a fun and interesting. It makes the time between death and respawn seem like nothing. Waiting up to twelve seconds to respawn and only getting to watch your buddies creep around at a snails' pace is boring.

As well, I understand the added challenge of accidental team kills but they happen WAY too often because the majority of players continue to pack grenades and martyrdom as in normal games.

After a couple dozen games you don't even notice the increased weapons lethality. It doesn't seem any more challenging, it's just a game with some of the cool features taken out. Any gamestyle that renders certain perks pointless is flawed in my mind anyway.

I don't get teamkilled that often, though. Most people realize fast that they can't go around with martyrdom in hardcore since it strikes back at their points as well.
I don really care about the kill cam but it'd be fun to have it in hardcore too, and I agree it can get boring waiting those extra seconds till you respawn -- but that's a part of hardcore.

The way you and your teammates play matter more. You can't charge in as easily and you need to monitor your surroundings -- even without the radar -- all the time.

If anything, hardcore is where some of the perks shine (you know, silent walking, UAV & etc).

Overall, you can't fuck around as much in hardcore as in team deathmatch imho. And you definitely can feel difference in the weapons in hardcore as well.

Frillen

Been playing the new maps for around 1 hour now. Seems like Killhouse is not in Team Deathmatch but only in Team Objective which isn't that suprising consider how small it is.

Creek: My new personal favorite map. Lots of places to go, lots of sniping and camping places for my M16. But also lots of other stuff going around. It's really easy to get lots of kills if you have a bit of patience here. I got an air atrike and killed 4 people with it in the open. And then the chopper took atleast 5+ people. So it's REALLY good to get air strikes and choppers on this map. Try stay away from the open field as this map will always have lots of snipers.

Chinatown: A very hectic and confusing map. Lots of houses with second floor camping spots. Semi hard to hit people with the air strike because of all the buildnings but my choppers took down a lot on this map as well. Throwing grenades through the windows on the second floors is the best tip I can give. Also camping down on the only stretch on the map earned me a couple of easy kills.

Broadcast: Even more hectic and fast paced than Chinatown. The action usualy takes place by the strairs in the lobby, but also inside the big broadcast room. The house at the opposite side of the broadcast station seems to be an ok sniping place but be aware, it's also easy to snipe people who sit outside on the second floor. Seems like people prefer shotguns on this map but I used the M16 and won 2 out 3 rounds.

Killhouse: Meh... Pretty boring map. Small and chaotic. Seem to be a Shipment 2.

So how does the map rotation work? Will people with the new maps be unable to play against people without? Or will people without the new maps be kicked out of the lobby when a new map is comming up?

Gowans

liking the maps, creek is defo my fave so far.

Played each one 3 times but havnt seen Killhouse once, not even to veto.

womp

Anyone know why you are getting 2x the XP per kill, assist etc playing the Team Deathmatch Variety?

20+ for kills

4+ for assists

I just leveled up twice in only around 6 or so matches and I'm in the 30's.

Is this a temporary thing or a change made with that update today?

I couldn't find it mentioned in the thread, but it seems that we have double XP for kills!

EDIT: Looks like you beat me to the punch.

Double XP weekend CONFIRMED.

def sim

So, are they planning on making the maps free at some point? It'd suck if the community stays split.

Anyway, the new maps are nice. Played a game in each map except Killhouse.

I like them just fine.

DuckRacer

ItsInMyVeins said:
I don't get teamkilled that often, though. Most people realize fast that they can't go around with martyrdom in hardcore since it strikes back at their points as well.
I don really care about the kill cam but it'd be fun to have it in hardcore too, and I agree it can get boring waiting those extra seconds till you respawn -- but that's a part of hardcore.

The way you and your teammates play matter more. You can't charge in as easily and you need to monitor your surroundings -- even without the radar -- all the time.

If anything, hardcore is where some of the perks shine (you know, silent walking, UAV & etc).

Overall, you can't fuck around as much in hardcore as in team deathmatch imho. And you definitely can feel difference in the weapons in hardcore as well.
That, and some of the weaker weapons in normal TDM become a lot more usable. You can become an absolute demon with pistols especially, and it doesn't hurt that you feel badass taking out the guy who has a red tiger'd M16 with a silenced M9.

And sniper rifles are tons more useful and powerful when you can hit an enemy anywhere on his body with one shot and kill him, even if you don't have stopping power.

itsinmyveins

MrCompletely said:
I couldn't find it mentioned in the thread, but it seems that we have double XP for kills!

Yeah, but when you look at the score it's normal, isn't it? Or do you get those extra points in the bonus?

Either way; I'm asking again -- has anyone played one of the new maps in the hardcore rotation?

as far as I could tell, double XP only applies to kills and assists.

And im not sure if it's every mode, I've only played the new playlist since the maps released, and wont be back on till later tonight.

Nizz

MrCompletely said:

This is painful... Not only do you 360 guys get the maps first, you get double XP also? :(
I am sad...

Top Bottom