• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

VASPER said:
I really like creek but its such a fucking sniper paridise that its hard to play.:D

MrBurnsExcellent.gif

noire said:
Sage wisdom... I haven't used that perk yet, so this never occurred to me.

Don't get to cocky with that perk though. I'll off set some of my claymores sometimes just so I have time to react when it doesn't kill them.

NekoFever

Now I hadn't been reading anything about these maps so I bought them blindly, without knowing anything about them beyond the names. With that in mind, let me just say...

HOLY FUCK CHINATOWN IS A REMAKE OF CARENTAN I JUST CAME

USD

I really wish there was a nice balance between standard TDM and Hardcore. Standard TDM rules but with no map and friendly fire on.

suEcide

Sorry if it's been asked but are these maps included in ranked matches? I strictly play Search & Destroy and have yet to come across any of the new maps after playing for 4 hours.

Choke on the Magic said:
Don't get to cocky with that perk though. I'll off set some of my claymores sometimes just so I have time to react when it doesn't kill them.

That's when you set the Sonic Boom perk then cook the shit out of a grenade and throw it up near the Claymore. The majority of the time, you'll get the sniper.

I should shut up actually since I'm giving away all the tactics to take me out while I'm sniping.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
HallucinatingElvis said:
hmpf...I almost traded my PS3 vesion for the 360 goty version cause patience sucks, then I saw the new Dual Shock on the counter...

Infinity Ward decided not to do a Rumble patch, I'm afraid. :\

DuckRacer

So I haven't played any CoD4 in a few weeks because of Vegas 2.

I download the map pack, put in the game, and it asks me to install a patch because it deletes them when you haven't played ____ patched game in a while. Like normal, the "disconnected from xbl" bubble pops up, but this time it really means it because I can't download the patch, despite being logged in the dashboard. Because I can't download the patch, I can't play online, which means I can't play on the maps I paid $10 for, which means I'm angry.

Any help and tips?

Broadcast is okay but I'm not really liking Chinatown so far. I know it's a remake but it's new to me, maybe I just have to learn it to love it.

Creek is beautiful. I played it twice and there were only 1 or 2 snipers in both matches, love the different paths all over that map.

pj

Banned
Duck said:
So I haven't played any CoD4 in a few weeks because of Vegas 2.

I download the map pack, put in the game, and it asks me to install a patch because it deletes them when you haven't played ____ patched game in a while. Like normal, the "disconnected from xbl" bubble pops up, but this time it really means it because I can't download the patch, despite being logged in the dashboard. Because I can't download the patch, I can't play online, which means I can't play on the maps I paid $10 for, which means I'm angry.

Any help and tips?

It asked you to install a patch because there was a new one today. The reason it's not working is because xbl is getting hammered. Keep trying and it should eventually work

DuckRacer

pj325is said:
It asked you to install a patch because there was a new one today. The reason it's not working is because xbl is getting hammered. Keep trying and it should eventually work
Hmm, ok. I had to reject the update, then sign-in while playing CoD4 so it won't drop my connection. Now it's working. *sigh*

chubigans said:
Infinity Ward decided not to do a Rumble patch, I'm afraid. :\

Maybe he plays better with a weighted controller....

But yeah, they say they have no plans in the future to support rumble which is weird considering the type of game and that the rumble hooks are already in for the 360 version.

DuckRacer

I haven't played Killhouse yet, but everything else is ace. Especially Creek. Coming to that after playing Vegas 2 for two weeks straight is really jarring... but in a good way.

Also, there's a hardcore playlist for the map pack now for those interested, too.

raYne

lawl People are already vetoing Creek (snipers), Chinatown (campers) and Killhouse (grenades). Everyone seems to love Broadcast though. That one never gets even a single veto.

After spending damn near 5+ hours on the new maps:
Creek > Broadcast > Chinatown.. and Killhouse is somewhere over in Bizarro GAF.

edit:
Oh, and the streak is dead. Maxed out at 79. :*(

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
My rankings in order so far:

1. Broadcast (reminds me of cs_office in Counter-Strike)
2. Chinatown (intense omgwtfbbq where are they gonna shoot me from)
3. Creek (decent, too much sniping though and I hate people who camp the cave all game long with an SMG)

haven't played killhouse though but from what I heard it probably sucks anyway.

USD

Creek may be the best map for the choppers (and airstrikes) ever. Sniper overbalance = tons of idiots standing outside waiting to be shot. And snipers are never going to bother to shoot down a chopper.

I'm starting to get tired of playing the same three maps over and over, but I can resist the urge to whore out my points.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I gotta go with this ranking:

1: Creek. Sniper able, but they're often easy to dodge and predictable. Most of the time you know where they're gonna be sitting (around the middle, sniping over the creek). And you know there's always some dude hanging out in the corner of the cave.

2: Broadcast. Fun, and a lot of area to cover too. I'd say it's almost as sniper friendly on the outer parts as Creek, although people haven't taken advantage of that as much yet.

3: Chinatown. It's kind of fun, but a bit of a maze since I don't know it to well yet. Most of the time I die it's because someone jumps out from a doorway behind me. Can be pretty chaotic.

lionelhutz

robut said:
er its making me redl an update and then telling me i cant. wtf

Same here. WTF is going on. I'm getting so tired XBL not working.

Fuck this. After 20 minutes it's still not working. Time for some Crackdown.

Great maps. I want some Killhouse with 16 player FFA though. :lol

I like Chinatown the best, aesthetically and design wise. The snipers on Creek are pretty annoying but I'm enjoying them nonetheless.

h3ro

Hey IW devs.. how about rumble for PS3 now that the DS3 is out! I know the 360 version is the real moneymaker but the PS3 version sold well also and has a large following on the platform. How about some rumbling love? :D

Please??

pj

Banned
I like Broadcast a lot for HC TDM and HC S&D

The best part of dlc, for me, is that everyone is on equal footing again, so I can actually compete for a few hours

karasu

I'm starting to notice that I die a lot because a couple of animations don't match the actual situation Like when I throw a flash bang a guy will look like he's covering his eyes and holding his gun off to the side somewhere, but he's really pointing that thing right at me!

GHG

robut said:
er its making me redl an update and then telling me i cant. wtf

Same thing here. i want to cry... I celebrated when I was finally able to download the maps, now this shit. Fuck Live. Can't believe I've payed a premium for this shit.

Socreges

Banned
For those that can't get anything working in Marketplace. I have nothing to recommend. Because if enough people use this tactic, it might not help. But this is, FYI, what I did:

Hammer that mother fucker. First I had to purchase points. Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, etc..... YEP. OK. Now I have to buy the map. Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, etc..... YEP. ALRIGHTY. Now I have to download the map. Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, etc..... YEP.

Took about five minutes, I think.

GHG

I'm sick of MSFT and their piece of shit servers. Everytime something big comes out they just collapse. Fix your shit, make your servers more robust, we're paying for this FFS. Is it too much to ask?

USD

Broadcast is a lovely map for Overkill Assault Rifle/Shotgun.

And god, if I don't get teamed up with the worst teams in Variety TDM.

X26

Banned
Broadcast is the best objective map in the game now, domination and s&d are more fun on that map than any other

Jtrizzy

I like almost every weapon in this game, but the scorpion is just crap for me. I've avoided leveling it up for a while, and now I'm to the point where I have to. I've yet to get over a 1/1 ratio with it. The thing has a tiny magazine and zero range. Does anyone actually like this gun?

Top Bottom