• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Jtrizzy said:
I like almost every weapon in this game, but the scorpion is just crap for me. I've avoided leveling it up for a while, and now I'm to the point where I have to. I've yet to get over a 1/1 ratio with it. The thing has a tiny magazine and zero range. Does anyone actually like this gun?
Play old school FFA

Played some CoD4 tonight for the first time in a while. Had a good time, but I had just entered Prestige Mode when I stopped playing so I don't really have the stuff I'd like to have to REALLY have fun. Don't have the new maps though and don't know if I'll get them. I really like me CoD4, but 800 points is pretty steep for a map pack in my opinion. 400 is more doable.

Victrix

*beard*
Played for hours and Killhouse never once came up

Feels like it's 40%/40%/15%/5% broadcast/chinatown/creek/killhouse

I'm glad my hatred for counterstrike mode is shared, S&D got vetoed with a quickness nearly every time in team objective

I'm quite liking Search and Destroy at the moment. It's really tense and requires a lot of stealth to stay alive. I'm not so keen on being the last man after the rest of my team have died and there are still 3 or 4 enemies alive somewhere. Knowing everyone is watching me poo myself in a corner is a humbling experience.

Although double XP = 100 for a kill. Very nice.

Andokuky

Banned
Victrix said:
Played for hours and Killhouse never once came up

Feels like it's 40%/40%/15%/5% broadcast/chinatown/creek/killhouse

I'm glad my hatred for counterstrike mode is shared, S&D got vetoed with a quickness nearly every time in team objective

IIRC right now Killhouse is only available in private matches since right now it's only a Free For All map and FFA isn't available on that variety playlists yet.

I hear the map is pretty lame and feels like a tack on. Maybe they'll pull a Showdown eventually and make it playable in other modes.

womp

Andokuky said:
IIRC right now Killhouse is only available in private matches since right now it's only a Free For All map and FFA isn't available on that variety playlists yet.

I hear the map is pretty lame and feels like a tack on. Maybe they'll pull a Showdown eventually and make it playable in other modes.

It was, I seem to recall IW admitted it somewhere before that it was more or less last minute.

Myself and 7 of my pals had a ball playing it in a Free-For-All private match though none the less.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
cultofweaver said:
I'm quite liking Search and Destroy at the moment. It's really tense and requires a lot of stealth to stay alive. I'm not so keen on being the last man after the rest of my team have died and there are still 3 or 4 enemies alive somewhere. Knowing everyone is watching me poo myself in a corner is a humbling experience.

I would like SnD if some of the mechanics were built for it. CoD in general is too fast and too dangerous for Search n' destroy.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
USD said:
Yeah, I hate Chinatown, it doesn't fit with my playstyle at all.

I hated chinatown too until I took my shotgun and sat in some apartments.

Man man man, chinatown is too much lol.

USD

Sol.. said:
I hated chinatown too until I took my shotgun and sat in some apartments.

Man man man, chinatown is too much lol.
Yeah, the few times I've done well I was wreaking havoc with a shotty.

I really wish there was an integrated playlist right now.

Andokuky said:

I think I read in the message of the day or something that Killhouse was also in Team Tactical. I haven't played it, but limiting it to six players is probably a good idea.

cultofweaver said:

what do you mean double xp

Broadcast and Chinatown are both great, with the second being especially awesome.

I expected to like Creek a lot more than I do, since I love Overgrown. Maybe I just need to learn it better.

I haven't played Killbox, but I doubt I'll like it much, since I hate Shipment. Although, limiting it to Team Tactical might make it worthwhile. I never play that mode, though.

raYne said:
This weekened you get double the XP points you get for doing, well, anything. If you play on the new maps that is.
http://digg.com/xbox/COD4_Double_XP_Weekend

Playing just a few hours last night I went up three levels. I'm 4th level Prestige Level 40 so I'm waiting around for my Triple Frag next level. I was going up super fast.

I love Broadcast, best map of the bunch. Very fun, lots of good spots to play no matter what your favorite weapon is. I went up in that outside sniper booth last night and took out 4 dudes at once. UAV Jammer and silencer FTW!

I've been sniping for months on Hardcore but even I am not a fan of Creek. It's *too* open but I do like the cave and the buildings up top. Those are fun. This is my second favorite.

Chinatown is a clusterfuck to me. It seems like if they made Shipment a real level. I'm sure I'll get used to it but as of now most of my kills come from just running by buildings then randomly chucking grenades into the windows. Last night got a 4 kill without knowing even one person was in there.

Didn't play the last map, I'll try that tonight when more friends sign on. Most of my buddies couldn't get the maps downloaded but a friend of mine and I downloaded them before we left for work in the morning so we were ready to go.

Very disappointed in the no Hardcore Team Deathmatch setting. I know we can pick Hardcore and hope it comes up but that's all I want to play. One thing I noticed when playing regular TDM is that I'm constantly running out of ammo. It takes so much to kill people since it seems everyone is using Juggernaut. I really miss my one hit kills with the G3 in Hardcore. The good thing is that I didn't have any of my TDM challenges open up yet so I got a few of them out of the way.

All in all, a decent map pack but I expected better considering the time it took them to actually get these out.

lionelhutz

After not being able to download the patch last night for about an hour I only played a few rounds last night to see the maps. Today I put in a few hours. Creek and Broadcast are my favorite so far. Creek I've learned pretty well so far and Broadcast I know the main routes. Chinatown I'm not really a fan of. I haven't learned the map very well and there are just to many second story openings that light me up. It seems like as soon as I spawn I die. I haven't played Killhouse but I'm sure I will eventually. Liking the double xp weekend too.

guise

Finally got the maps and had a good few hours on them.

- Broadcast rocks
- Sabotage on Chinatown can last forever
- Creek is more fun on team tactical, since in TD its a snipe orgy
- all the variety playlists are a prestige-fest. im sure my K/D spread has dropped a bit. Ah well, double xp makes up for it.
- they should get killhouse up on the playlists too. sucks paying for a map that you cant play without having to organise private matches

lionelhutz

guise said:
- all the variety playlists are a prestige-fest. im sure my K/D spread has dropped a bit. Ah well, double xp makes up for it.

This was my thinking too. My K/D ratio wasn't that great to begin with but the few rounds I played on Chinatown probably tanked it.

pj

Banned
guise said:

All playlists are. Every game I play, there's at most 3 people who aren't prestige, including me

lionelhutz

pj325is said:
All playlists are. Every game I play, there's at most 3 people who aren't prestige, including me

I don't really put my stock in the prestige levels. For the most part it just shows the amount of time you've dedicated to the game. I've had the game for a long time and I'm only 2 or 3 prestige. It'd be nice to rank up during the double xp weekend but I doubt it'll happen. Those last 10 levels take a long time.

woodchuck

i still have to figure my way around the maps but from initial play (team deathmatch:

broadcast: awesome
chinatown: awesome

creek: eh. not really fan of these type of camping maps

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I finally got around to playing this. I was kinda hard on the SP, because honestly...it feels to damned linear. Like, RE4 like linear. I could deal with both, but, COD4 just seems to be a bit more obvious with it than anything else I've played. Some of the shit done in this game is inexcusable. (I.E. all the locked doors and shit) Some of the set pieces were pretty sweet, and viewing through the eyes of a soon-to-be dead man, is pretty damned great. I wish more games did stuff like that. :/

The multiplayer is wtf awesome. I haven't gotten the chance to play it online, but, via splitscreen and the like. I've had a shit ton of fun playing against random folks.

Things that are awesome:

-No scope killing with the sniper rifle
-D. fucking Eagles
-Getting head shots through walls
-The effing shotguns.

I have yet to try out anything other than deathmatch, but, that shit has been a blast to play.

Oh, last stand with grenades is the stupidest shit ever. Annnddd getting multi-killed by a fucking helicopter sucks.

lionelhutz said:
I don't really put my stock in the prestige levels. For the most part it just shows the amount of time you've dedicated to the game. I've had the game for a long time and I'm only 2 or 3 prestige. It'd be nice to rank up during the double xp weekend but I doubt it'll happen. Those last 10 levels take a long time.

People should not be concerned with Prestige players at all. I've played against people who are very high level prestige (9 or 10 times through) and they're not very good at all, they just seem to have a lot of time on their hands.

I did take full advantage of the double XP on friday.

daw840

I just found this thread, I had only subscribed to the online matchup thread:lol

I am loving these new maps. The only thing I don't understand is why Killhouse is only a team tactical/cage match map. If shipment can have a full 12 players on it I think they definitely should have made Killhouse have 12 players. Anyways, hit me up with a friend request online if you want to play

GT = Qbert420 (360)

raYne

MaizeRage25 said:
People should not be concerned with Prestige players at all. I've played against people who are very high level prestige (9 or 10 times through) and they're not very good at all, they just seem to have a lot of time on their hands.

I did take full advantage of the double XP on friday.
I hear if you don't go Prestige, "You're a dick". According to some guy online tonight anyway.

You don't want to be a dick, do you?

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Honestly at this point in the game, if I was at just regular 55 and hadn't prestiged I wouldn't.

What an absolute pain in the ass. I'm now level 38 on the 10th prestige and fuck I'm glad its over. Releveling, not getting to use the perks you want. Who gives a damn.

All it did was keep me overly addicted for to long. At least now I can concentrate more on our gamebattles clan team instead of just leveling and pubing.

vumpler

Not to smap on purpose but also in comment to going prestige:

I actually worry much more about a 55 player who hasn't prestiged than a 55 10th prestige. In my experience some of the best players I've seen never went prestige.

But once you go into the first prestige it feels like you have to keep going, and it sucks.

daw840

vumpler said:

I actually worry much more about a 55 player who hasn't prestiged than a 55 10th prestige. In my experience some of the best players I've seen never went prestige.

But once you go into the first prestige it feels like you have to keep going, and it sucks.

You NEED to prestige....and when you need something that's a responsibility

I just hit 55 yesterday for the first time and I seriously doubt I will go prestige. Just don't care enough about a little symbol. I really don't even care about being level 55...just happened cause I've been playing for awhile. (took 1 day 15 hrs of 90% TDM)

I have never gone Prestige and I hit 55 a long time ago. I hold my own very well against Prestige players. Sometimes the really high Prestige level players scare me though. Some of them are scary good.

daw840 said:
I just found this thread, I had only subscribed to the online matchup thread:lol

I am loving these new maps. The only thing I don't understand is why Killhouse is only a team tactical/cage match map. If shipment can have a full 12 players on it I think they definitely should have made Killhouse have 12 players. Anyways, hit me up with a friend request online if you want to play

GT = Qbert420 (360)
If Killhouse is near the size of Shipment it should stay only Team Tatical/FFA.
Shipment is such a clusterfuck. I hate it with a vengeance in Team matches.
It should also be Team Tactical only.

I haven't got to try out the new maps yet. :(
Stupid assignment.

Sushen

vumpler said:

We got it that you don't like prestige mode. You don't need two posts, nor trash other people who are prestige-level-whatever plenty great cod4 players. Whether to jump to prestige mode or not is your personal taste and not an indicator of your skill level.

roosters93 said:
If Killhouse is near the size of Shipment it should stay only Team Tatical/FFA.

It's probably to small for FFA too. Not sure exactly, but Showdown is too small for FFA, I doubt Killhouse can handle it. There's always cage match though.

vumpler

Sushen said:
We got it that you don't like prestige mode. You don't need two posts, nor trash other people who are prestige-level-whatever plenty great cod4 players. Whether to jump to prestige mode or not is your personal taste and not an indicator of your skill level.
Well apparently I need 3 posts because you still didn't grasp that I'm finishing my 10th prestige. I in no way trashed other people who are prestige-level-whatever. I simply stated after my experiences going through all 10 I agree that it is useless.

Ohio State Son!

USD

guise said:
Playing the new maps, I've found I can't carry the weight of my whole team, but I still have to deal with people that suck.

Top Bottom