• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

raYne

Hunter D said:
The 50 cal with stopping power and acog is ownage.
Yeah, but it isn't any really stronger than the M40 and that's way more accurate. So you could ACOG the M40 and probably do much better.

Still, I've used the 50 + ACOG w/SP a bunch of times and nothing else feels quite as good to kill someone with. *BLAM* :D

USD

I'm on a M14 love affair right now. This gun is the true headshot king. It's barely manageable at first, but once you get the Red Dot, everything in your way just dies. It feels good being able to aim for the head and to have it actually be effective. I used to hate this gun, but now I think it's the no. 2 assault rifle (just barely in front the AK-47, and behind the God King G3)

I also finally managed to get my headshot count over my assist count. Now I just want to get my W/L ratio to 2.0, but I seem stuck at 1.72.

raYne

USD said:
I'm on a M14 love affair right now. This gun is the true headshot king. It's barely manageable at first, but once you get the Red Dot, everything in your way just dies. It feels good being able to aim for the head and to have it actually be effective. I used to hate this gun, but now I think it's the no. 2 assault rifle (just barely in front the AK-47, and behind the God King G3)

I also finally managed to get my headshot count over my assist count. Now I just want to get my W/L ratio to 2.0, but I seem stuck at 1.72.
If it wasn't so crappy up close or in "rapid fire", it'd be my main weapon.

True one shot headshot AR ftw.

raYne

daw840 said:
You guys really like the AK over the M16?
What? No.

G3 > M16 > AK47 > G36 > M4 >>>> MP44

..and where the M14 falls depends on how well you can handle it. In my case, I'd probably put it right behind the M16.

DuckRacer

USD said:

Yeah, I was in the same boat. Absolutely loathed the M14 at first, and then for some reason things clicked when I went back to try it. Now I have the red tiger camo for it. :p

raYne

Duck said:
Yeah, I was in the same boat. Absolutely loathed the M14 at first, and then for some reason things clicked when I went back to try it. Now I have the red tiger camo for it. :p
I <3 the default color. It's the only primary weapon that I use in the normal color config. Plus it matches the silver Deagle I pair it with. :D

X26

Banned
indie85 said:
Anyone else think people who use LMGs are total noobs? Just seems too easy for me to use them.

No? I mean going down the least of "cheap" guns, LMG's are pretty far down the list.

Eric WK

X26 said:
No? I mean going down the least of "cheap" guns, LMG's are pretty far down the list.

I've run into clans who use nothing but LMGs and Juggernaut. Literally. It can get real annoying, real fast.

USD

daw840 said:
You guys really like the AK over the M16?
I do. I found I'm either on or off with the M16, while with the AK, I'm always on. I like having control of my shot bursts, and I can get that with the AK. I still like the M16, it just doesn't suit me as well anymore.

USD

raYne said:
If it wasn't so crappy up close or in "rapid fire", it'd be my main weapon.

True one shot headshot AR ftw.
Yeah, up close it's pure garbage (though you catch the lucky headshot every once in a while, it's still really crappy), which is why I find myself switching my pistol quite often. Up close is the only time I go rapid fire, otherwise I'm shooting slow and steady.
blindrocket said:
So far I've played Creek and Broadcast tonight. I love 'em!
I noticed some pop-in on Creek, but not too bad (PS3 version).
Yeah, it's like that in the 360 version too.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
roosters93 said:
What's pop-in?

Objects suddenly appear in front of you. It's a method to keep the frame rate hight enough. I never mind it, but its fucking distracting in Creek (which is the worst map too)

Relix said:
Objects suddenly appear in front of you. It's a method to keep the frame rate hight enough. I never mind it, but its fucking distracting in Creek (which is the worst map too)
You know, Creek is already starting to wear thin. It's no Overgrown replacement, that's for sure.

Ramirez

X26 said:

Gotta be shitting me!

Also, Hardcore Team Deathmatch is awesome, the only way to play for me. Just wish there was a boot option for cocks that continually team kill on purpose.

Damn it, can't play the new maps, Sony or Infinity Ward fucked up.

If you buy the version available in stores where I live (Switzerland) and buy the map pack on the PSN store, it doesn't work. Seems to be a problem with the different languages in some of tghe Euro versions of the game. Fuck.

Andokuky

Banned
LMG users are probably the easiest to kill in the game. They are worthless at long range. I can think of many more effective combos, like shotgun + juggs, P90 + juggs, P90 + stopping power, etc.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Andokuky said:
LMG users are probably the easiest to kill in the game. They are worthless at long range. I can think of many more effective combos, like shotgun + juggs, P90 + juggs, P90 + stopping power, etc.

WRONG!! I consider myself a LMG master, using M60 with Grip, and I literally SNIPE people from away with it. I sniped 10 guys in Overgrown today for example, like guys on the other side of the map. Just two quick pops to the trigger (don't leave them pressed) and people go down like flies.

Another advantage... I can storm a room of people and take one or two with me, and while they are confused my Martyrdorm grenade falls and.. GLORY!!! :D

Andokuky

Banned
Relix said:
WRONG!! I consider myself a LMG master, using M60 with Grip, and I literally SNIPE people from away with it. I sniped 10 guys in Overgrown today for example, like guys on the other side of the map. Just two quick pops to the trigger (don't leave them pressed) and people go down like flies.

Another advantage... I can storm a room of people and take one or two with me, and while they are confused my Martyrdorm grenade falls and.. GLORY!!! :D

You can do that with many guns in the game. However, anyone who is any good isn't going to let someone sit and snipe them with a freaking LMG.

raYne

PjotrStroganov said:
M14 with silencer_O_
Tried it a few times, but the kickback bothered me enough that I swapped back to the red dot. Especially versus moving targets since it's easy to lose sight of them and much harder to get headshots.

However, if one were to take the time to get used to it... :O

raYne said:
Tried it a few times, but the kickback bothered me enough that I swapped back to the red dot. Especially versus moving targets since it's easy to lose sight of them and much harder to get headshots.

However, if one were to take the time to get used to it... :O

I find that the m14 is one of those guns that is actually quite manageable using iron sight. The kickback makes it less suitable for long distance (unless you have a static target) but for medium and close range it's awesome.

I'm not a very good shot but I've also noticed that when I'm in 'that zone', I automatically press forward the analog nub to account for the kickback. Never played any other shooter that long to be able to do that. Aiming low also works.:p

Sushen

Andokuky said:
You can do that with many guns in the game. However, anyone who is any good isn't going to let someone sit and snipe them with a freaking LMG.
Isn't it true to sniping with any guns, then? Sure, LMG and SMG are noob friendly guns, but there are plenty of excellent LMG and SMG players who overcame the limitation of the guns, range, and as skilled as other gun users.

Once you cover the long range problem, LMG and SMG are unstoppable, especially if you're defending a chock point or running into a roomful of opponents where you simply don't have time to aim headshots on everyone; the firing speed and clip size are very important.

My main guns are AK47, M16, M4, AK47u, and RPD, BTW.

raYne

PjotrStroganov said:
I find that the m14 is one of those guns that is actually quite manageable using iron sight. The kickback makes it less suitable for long distance (unless you have a static target) but for medium and close range it's awesome.

I'm not a very good shot but I've also noticed that when I'm in 'that zone', I automatically press forward the analog nub to account for the kickback. Never played any other shooter that long to be able to do that. Aiming low also works.:p
Definitely. It's one of the better ARs in the game as far as visibility with the ironsights goes, but as I said, it's the kickback that bothered me. The gun itself goes up farther than some of the others and covers your line of sight. Which is very annoying when targeting runners, to say the least. Particularly, as you said, against far targets.

One thing you gotta try is the M14 with the ACOG. It's damn close to being the best sniper rifle in the game. :x

Anyway, because of this discussion, I'm gonna do an all silenced M14 session in the next few days. Gotta get it done before GTA comes out. :D

Soooo, IW. When I get near the top of a ladder, and I press the A button, I want to jump OFF the ladder, not go into the incredibly long climbing animation and climb into the building and get shot by the guy I was trying to get away from.

Oh, yeah and if you could fix the quitting out of a match only to get set right back into it by matchmaking, that would be nice. Happens more now since the map pack. Less games that I have access to I guess.

Finally finished the campaign on Hardened. Man, there are some tough spots I think I replayed about 10 or 20 times, lol. I got through the first two missions on Veteran but after the big communications room keep whooping my ass I had to scale back. Loved the game! My only complaint is the nade spamming by enemies can annoy the crap out of you at times.

Nooreo

Whoa you guys share weapon builds?! XD

AK + Stopping power (More bullet damage) + Deeper penetration + 3 special grenades

My fav build

AND NO RED DOT SIGHT, I find it easier with out the red dot sight on AK

Eric WK

M16 (Red Dot) + Double Tap + Deep Impact + 3 Frags is my go to build when I have all of that unlocked and I'm not working on challenges.

raYne said:
Definitely. It's one of the better ARs in the game as far as visibility with the ironsights goes, but as I said, it's the kickback that bothered me. The gun itself goes up farther than some of the others and covers your line of sight. Which is very annoying when targeting runners, to say the least. Particularly, as you said, against far targets.

One thing you gotta try is the M14 with the ACOG. It's damn close to being the best sniper rifle in the game. :x

Anyway, because of this discussion, I'm gonna do an all silenced M14 session in the next few days. Gotta get it done before GTA comes out. :D

Yeah, I've tried it. And with success. But then I went prestige.:lol

Nooreo

raYne said:
The G3 Gods do not share their wonders with mere mortals.

"GEEEE THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
normal_God%20of%20war%20-%20Kratos.png

raYne

Eric WK said:
You must be using magic or something, because I can't bring myself to like it at all.
Exactly.

s1rihw.jpg

There's actually a G3 in Zeus' right hand in this pic. However, it's unperceivable to the eyes of the common mortal.

Kuran

Banned
Having forced myself through the Single Player on Hardened, that really messed up my desire to play COD4 in multiplayer.. I can't believe how this game didn't get critiqued more on its terrible SP mechanics.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Eric WK said:
You must be using magic or something, because I can't bring myself to like it at all.
From what I can figure out, the G3 forces you to aim your shots because it's semi-auto. So instead of firing a spray of inaccurate fire you are shooting a tight cluster of really damaging bullets. It's usually my rifle of choice.

ElyrionX

I would like the G3 more if it didn't sound like a goddamn peashooter. As it is, I far prefer the M14 for the awesome sound it makes when you fire it.

Eric WK

SapientWolf said:
From what I can figure out, the G3 forces you to aim your shots because it's semi-auto. So instead of firing a spray of inaccurate fire you are shooting a tight cluster of really damaging bullets. It's usually my rifle of choice.

:lol

I realize that and trust me, my K/D spread and hit percentage will show you I'm no slouch. Far from it. That doesn't mean I'm going to put down my M16 for a G3. Missing shots isn't the problem.

Nizz

I downloaded the new maps (PS3) on Friday and I can say that Broadcast is easily my favorite. Creek is very nice looking but a sniper fest ;) The only map I haven't tried yet is Killhouse. Anyone know exactly when the new maps will be added to the regular playlists this week? I'd like to get a workout on Killhouse free for all. On the topic of which guns you use, one build I like is for Vacant. A shotgun class. I have the 1200 equipped with the perks RPG x2/C4, sonic boom, and extreme conditioning. Works ok for me. :D

raYne

fps fanatic said:
I downloaded the new maps (PS3) on Friday and I can say that Broadcast is easily my favorite. Creek is very nice looking but a sniper fest ;) The only map I haven't tried yet is Killhouse. Anyone know exactly when the new maps will be added to the regular playlists this week? I'd like to get a workout on Killhouse free for all. On the topic of which guns you use, one build I like is for Vacant. A shotgun class. I have the 1200 equipped with the perks RPG x2/C4, sonic boom, and extreme conditioning. Works ok for me. :D
If it's anything like the 360's map pack implementation was, it should be put into the normal matchmaking as soon as early this week.

If you want to play Killhouse (which you shouldn't), it'll be in FFA.

Top Bottom