• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Nizz

raYne said:
If it's anything like the 360's map pack implementation was, it should be put into the normal matchmaking as soon as early this week.

If you want to play Killhouse (which you shouldn't), it'll be in FFA.
That's good to hear, thanks. Is Killhouse really that bad? I set up a game by myself to give the map a dry run and it seems like there could be some hectic firefights there. Place seems a little tight for eight people in FFA to me. Maybe it's not. All in all, the maps are tight, but I can't wait till they're integrated into the regular playlists. I'm whoring the "Double XP" points weekend but since the only maps to get the points are the new ones, I was a bit tired of playing on the same three maps :D But the maps are pretty cool, particularly Broadcast...

raYne

fps fanatic said:
That's good to hear, thanks. Is Killhouse really that bad? I set up a game by myself to give the map a dry run and it seems like there could be some hectic firefights there. Place seems a little tight for eight people in FFA to me. Maybe it's not. All in all, the maps are tight, but I can't wait till they're integrated into the regular playlists. I'm whoring the "Double XP" points weekend but since the only maps to get the points are the new ones, I was a bit tired of playing on the same three maps :D But the maps are pretty cool, particularly Broadcast...
Oh, it is. It's way too small for everything. Even with 8 players, having people spawn 2 feet away from you isn't surprising. People will spawn in spawn point that you're already looking at and basically, you won't even get to move 3 feet without running into people.

Eventually, it just gets filled with people throwing random grenades from one side of the map to the other. Or wherever they hear/see gunfire coming from. Then people wil just spawn and camp in locations on either side of the map. Particularly on the stage or the two spawn points on the opposite sides of it.

To make things worse, choppers and airstrikes are pretty much worthless because of the roof cover. So you're stuck in that crap map even longer.

In any case, daw840 said it's available in Team Tac though. So it sould be much better there with a very small amount of people.

kuYuri

fps fanatic said:
I downloaded the new maps (PS3) on Friday and I can say that Broadcast is easily my favorite. Creek is very nice looking but a sniper fest ;) The only map I haven't tried yet is Killhouse. Anyone know exactly when the new maps will be added to the regular playlists this week? I'd like to get a workout on Killhouse free for all. On the topic of which guns you use, one build I like is for Vacant. A shotgun class. I have the 1200 equipped with the perks RPG x2/C4, sonic boom, and extreme conditioning. Works ok for me. :D

That's the default demo class you just described. Just say that. :|

daw840

raYne said:
Oh, it is. It's way too small for everything. Even with 8 players, having people spawn 2 feet away from you isn't surprising. People will spawn in spawn point that you're already looking at and basically, you won't even get to move 3 feet without running into people.

Eventually, it just gets filled with people throwing random grenades from one side of the map to the other. Or wherever they hear/see gunfire coming from. Then people wil just spawn and camp in locations on either side of the map. Particularly on the stage or the two spawn points on the opposite sides of it.

To make things worse, choppers and airstrikes are pretty much worthless because of the roof cover. So you're stuck in that crap map even longer.

In any case, daw840 said it's available in Team Tac though. So it sould be much better there with a very small amount of people.

I had a lot of fun on killhouse in team tactical....I dont ever play ffa though

raYne said:
One thing you gotta try is the M14 with the ACOG. It's damn close to being the best sniper rifle in the game. :x

I was thinking the other day..
Is the M14 with ACOG any different to the M21 with ACOG?

raYne

roosters93 said:
I was thinking the other day..
Is the M14 with ACOG any different to the M21 with ACOG?
Well, for one thing, the M14 does more damage. So you're still getting the one bullet headshot kill and 2+ bullet body kill with the M14. It's also more accurate at single fire shots than the M21, so there's that.

The downside is that you can't can't fire it as fast as the M21 while you're scoped and expect to be as accurate. You also still have the normal hip fire disadvantage with the M14 has. So if you run up on someone and need to do it, you'd be FAR better off with the M21.

But overall, ACOG sniper rifle vs ACOG "sniper rifle", the M14 is better as long as you have the enough sense to be methodical with your shots and not spam bullets at the target. ie How you have to use the M14 in the first place.

However, if you'll be doing a lot of running and gunning and expect to find yourself in the thick of batte, instead of picking people off.. The M21 would be a better choice because of the rapidfire accuracy.

So it depends on your playstyle.

salva said:
Has anyone played with me? my gamertag is Salvamag
Who? :p

Ah ok, thanks for the info.
Generally when I'm sniping I use overkill unless I've recently prestiged so the bad accuracy of hip-firing a M14 wouldn't affect me that much.

USD

Oh my god the G36 soooooo weak. I tried using it seriously for the first time, and wow. Sometimes when I was in a rush, I'd actually stop shooting someone after hitting them with a good 4 shots, thinking that I had killed them. I guess I should try to get better accustomed with it, but I probably won't even bother.

raYne

roosters93 said:
Ah ok, thanks for the info.
Generally when I'm sniping I use overkill unless I've recently prestiged so the bad accuracy of hip-firing a M14 wouldn't affect me that much.
I'd say Overkill is a waste of a perk, but that depends on what your weapon loadout is. For example, if it contains any weapon you run across on the battlefield 90% of the time you kill someone (ie an AR w/red dot or SMG), you'd be better off just scavenging one.

Since you'll be sniping, Stopping Power or a UV Jammer should be better fits. Juggs wouldn't be a bad choice either.

USD said:
Oh my god the G36 soooooo weak. I tried using it seriously for the first time, and wow. Sometimes when I was in a rush, I'd actually stop shooting someone after hitting them with a good 4 shots, thinking that I had killed them. I guess I should try to get better accustomed with it, but I probably won't even bother.
Yep. It's a low tier weapon. I have it on one of my custom layouts, but I personally wouldn't use it without Stopping Power.

Yeah I have used Stopping Power with all my snipers until Overkill was unlocked. (Level 39 I think).

The G36c is ok to me. But I always use stopping power with it.

raYne said:

Wow that doesnt sound like any of the FFA games Ive played on that map.

raYne said:
It's your connection speed.

:x

Are you serious?

raYne

IcebergSlim3000 said:
Wow that doesnt sound like any of the FFA games Ive played on that map.
Other than the grenade stuff, which just needs someone to set it off and the other's to follow suit... It's most definitely like that. These days I just quit out as soon as the map comes up.

Are you serious?
:lol No.

That xanga website is very interesting.
Thanks for posting raYne.

According to that site, the M14 and M60 are the most powerful weapons. (excluding snipers)

And also, apparently helicopters will target people using LMGs or RPGs.:D
Is this before or after they shoot at the helicopter?
If it was before, that is quite unfair. :(

raYne

roosters93 said:
That xanga website is very interesting.
Thanks for posting raYne.

According to that site, the M14 and M60 are the most powerful weapons. (excluding snipers)

And also, apparently helicopters will target people using LMGs or RPGs.:D
Is this before or after they shoot at the helicopter?
If it was before, that is quite unfair. :(
No problem. :)

From the site, it seems like it doesn't matter if they shoot at it first or not. They'll be targeted before anyone else. Which makes sense since they're also the only people on the battlefield that can take out the chopper easily.

raYne said:
No problem. :)

From the site, it seems like it doesn't matter if they shoot at it first or not. They'll be targeted before anyone else. Which makes sense since they're also the only people on the battlefield that can take out the chopper easily.

Mmm, many times I have taken down a chopper with my M60.
Much easier than using an RPG imo.

USD

So what's everyone's headshot rate? I want to get a better idea of well (or poorly more likely) I'm doing in that area. Right now my rate is at 9.1% (~4100 out of some 45000 kills), which I'd assume that that's pretty low. Only recently have I started to be more aggressive about getting headshots, and I've started to boost it up slowly (from 8.5% the last time I checked).

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I'm late to the party as always and just got the map packs (PS3). Creek is crap (then again I'm not a sniper), Broadcast is great, and Chinatown is awesome - especially on Ground War. Flag B just turns into the fucking Somme.

USD said:
So what's everyone's headshot rate? I want to get a better idea of well (or poorly more likely) I'm doing in that area. Right now my rate is at 9.1% (~4100 out of some 45000 kills), which I'd assume that that's pretty low. Only recently have I started to be more aggressive about getting headshots, and I've started to boost it up slowly (from 8.5% the last time I checked).

When i first started CoD4 I didn't really notice the headshots. Then, following a Gaffer's advice (i can't remember whom), I just start drifting the sights up towards their head when firing and found my rate of headshots increase and the effort required to kill folks decrease. And the headshot indicator "ping" is awesome.

this has probably been asked before, but why am i having such a terrible time getting online with the ps3 version of this game? it just hangs at the "find match" screen.

industrian

TemplaerDude said:
this has probably been asked before, but why am i having such a terrible time getting online with the ps3 version of this game? it just hangs at the "find match" screen.

Make sure you're not NAT 3.

ethic

Bunny hopping sonnes of bitches!!! Soldiers don't do that irl! it looks silly!

as far as perks go, which is better: the one that increases bullet damage (Stopping Power, I think) or the one that makes you shoot faster (double tap?)...?

industrian

ethic said:
Bunny hopping sonnes of bitches!!! Soldiers don't do that irl! it looks silly!

Hard Landing, bitches. Thanks for the 250XP.

ethic said:
as far as perks go, which is better: the one that increases bullet damage (Stopping Power, I think) or the one that makes you shoot faster (double tap?)...?

I stick with Stopping Power.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I finally got around to beating this. Aside from the fact that the enemies can be a bit ridiculous, and its really short, this is one of my favorite shooters. The cinematic stuff was done really well, and a good amount of the levels made you feel like you were in a movie.

Haven't played online yet, but, i can't wait to try out hardcore/headshots only mode in multiplayer.

borsdy

Banned
kevm3 said:
When did patch 1.30 come out? I just got it.. What's new in it?
It came out last December, I forgot the fixes but it comes with a remake of crash set in a xmas winter wonderland.

Oldschoolgamer said:
I finally got around to beating this. Aside from the fact that the enemies can be a bit ridiculous, and its really short, this is one of my favorite shooters. The cinematic stuff was done really well, and a good amount of the levels made you feel like you were in a movie.

Haven't played online yet, but, i can't wait to try out hardcore/headshots only mode in multiplayer.
What version did you get? If you got the Xbox 360 version, what's your gamertag?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
U K Narayan said:
What version did you get? If you got the Xbox 360 version, what's your gamertag?

I haven't taken my gamertag online yet. When I get this stupid cable, I'll pm you. Art supplies ftl. :lol

Oldschoolgamer said:
I haven't taken my gamertag online yet. When I get this stupid cable, I'll pm you. Art supplies ftl. :lol
Coolness. <3

Yeah, yesterday I was playing Grand Theft Auto IV online. All I could say was: "MAN, I wish I was playing Call of Duty 4."

Don't get me wrong, GTAIV is a good game. I just don't feel that it makes an effective online game.

U K Narayan said:
Don't get me wrong, GTAIV is a good game. I just don't feel that it makes an effective online game.

Great single player. Completely fucked in the multiplayer part due to the one of the worst online setups for a modern game.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
U K Narayan said:
Coolness. <3

Yeah, yesterday I was playing Grand Theft Auto IV online. All I could say was: "MAN, I wish I was playing Call of Duty 4."

Holy shit you are so right. That is the EXACT same thing I think every time I fire up the multi in GTA.

amar212

Stoney Mason said:
Great single player. Completely fucked in the multiplayer part due to the one of the worst online setups for a modern game.

I know few million people who would agree with "bad online support, yes...", but who would also continue the sentence with "...which does not bother me in playing the damn game for evey fuckn spare moment I have in my life".

Great single-player, perfect multiplayer gameplay-wise.

You have to be host, have to have decent upload, decent clan, nice headset and you're ready to Rock'n'Load baby.

amar212 said:
I know few million people who would agree with "bad online support, yes...", but who would also continue the sentence with "...which does not bother me in playing the damn game for evey fuckn spare moment I have in my life".

Great single-player, perfect multiplayer gameplay-wise.

You have to be host, have to have decent upload, decent clan, nice headset and you're ready to Rock'n'Load baby.

If people have enough people on their friends list to constantly fill up 16 player games across all the different game types I'm sure they will have a better experience. I don't and go in as a random and unlike just about any other title on Xbox Live that is a recipe for disaster with GTA. I have problems with the actual multiplayer design of the gameplay itself but that's just an opinion thing. But the technical hurdles involved in actually finding and locating and playing a balanced game pretty much suck all the enjoyment away for me anyway. If I can't get to the gameplay then I consider the multiplayer portion to be broken.

raYne

Just got back into this last night after another shitty lag-filled crappy network setup game of GTAIV. Just wanted to play something that actually works well for a change and ended up playing for like 4 hours. :lol Surprisingly, I wasn't as rusty as I thought I would've been and ended up doing pretty much as well as normal.

Anyway, anyone know if IW changed that map rotations in the game modes? For example, Overgrown never came up once for the whole time I was playing...

Andokuky

Banned
Juggernaut hate is at an all time high it seems :lol

Can't play a TDM or S&D game without 2 or 3 people on the other side bitching and moaning about juggs, while most of them are rushing with silenced MP5's or P90's with stopping power.

Also, wow, once you hit 55 gold cross, there's not much else to do. I thought I could just go through the guns and unlock everything but of course, head shots will take forever unless I cheat.

raYne

Andokuky said:
Juggernaut hate is at an all time high it seems :lol

Can't play a TDM or S&D game without 2 or 3 people on the other side bitching and moaning about juggs, while most of them are rushing with silenced MP5's or P90's with stopping power.
Ah, COD. Never change. <3

Andokuky said:
Also, wow, once you hit 55 gold cross, there's not much else to do. I thought I could just go through the guns and unlock everything but of course, head shots will take forever unless I cheat.
'Cept, you know.. play for fun or something. ;)

raYne said:
Anyway, anyone know if IW changed that map rotations in the game modes? For example, Overgrown never came up once for the whole time I was playing...

I haven't noticed or heard anything. Of course I don't have the new maps, so who knows. I have noticed the chances of getting thrown into the same match over and over again have gone up, no doubt a result of the fractured player base from the maps.

Top Bottom