• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

raYne

Spinning Plates said:
If I buy the Variety Map Pack using one gamertag can I play the maps on another gamertag which share the same console?
Is the other tag a gold account as well? Then yes.

If not, no, not online obviously.

Andokuky

Banned
So I logged on to a weird message in my Live inbox from a CoD4 friend.

"Such and such (don't want to post the name)" shot me with a BB gun and it pierced the skin so I had to go get it taken out by a doctor. Give him negative feedback." :lol

raYne

Andokuky said:

"Such and such (don't want to post the name)" shot me with a BB gun and it pierced the skin so I had to go get it taken out by a doctor. Give him negative feedback." :lol
:lol! Classic.

Real life needs a negative feedback system.

daw840

Andokuky said:

LOL, you should post that GT so GAF can electronically rape his account!! :lol :lol

I'm having a problem playing with a friend online and was just wondering if anyone else had a similar problem and might know how to fix it.

Everytime I invite him to join my party or I try to join his, the game wont connect us, it says "unable to connect to host."

But if a different friend starts a party, we can both get into that party. It's only when we try to join each other's party that the error comes up.

It's only with this one friend that the error occurs.

Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Ramirez

ILOVEASIANS said:
I'm having a problem playing with a friend online and was just wondering if anyone else had a similar problem and might know how to fix it.

Everytime I invite him to join my party or I try to join his, the game wont connect us, it says "unable to connect to host."

But if a different friend starts a party, we can both get into that party. It's only when we try to join each other's party that the error comes up.

Probably your NAT settings.

daw840

ILOVEASIANS said:

I had that problem as well. Go to www.portforward.com . It will walk you through the steps to forward the ports on your router. For the record, I honestly don't know what that means, but I did what that site said and it fixed the problem.

morlock

Hi guys! I got an idéa for a multiplayermode that would be really fun to play I think.

How about a dodgeball/killer-ball influenced multiplayermode? Simple rules.
-> 6 vs.6 TDM
-> No respawn
-> Kill a player on the opposite team and you bring back a dead player of your team. In order, first out first in.
-> Team with no players left loses. (of course).

What do you think? It would be nice if IW added a similar gamemode to "spice" upp the gameplay further just like the mappack. :)

I play on PS3 and I believe I have met some GAFFers. [GAF*]? :)
//PSN ID: morlock and plays under the tag [MHB].

I've said it before. I would pay for aCounter Strike/DarkOps mode addition. Unfortunately I'm sure the focus is turning towards a corporate goal of supporting COD 5. :(

morlock said:
Hi guys! I got an idéa for a multiplayermode that would be really fun to play I think.

How about a dodgeball/killer-ball influenced multiplayermode? Simple rules.
-> 6 vs.6 TDM
-> No respawn
-> Kill a player on the opposite team and you bring back a dead player of your team. In order, first out first in.
-> Team with no players left loses. (of course).

What do you think? It would be nice if IW added a similar gamemode to "spice" upp the gameplay further just like the mappack. :)

I play on PS3 and I believe I have met some GAFFers. [GAF*]? :)
//PSN ID: morlock and plays under the tag [MHB].

I would opt for a TS2 style monkey support. The player in last place gets the support of 6 or so armed to the teeth monkeys.

morlock

PjotrStroganov said:
I would opt for a TS2 style monkey support. The player in last place gets the support of 6 or so armed to the teeth monkeys.
Yeah that really sound like something that goes in line with the rest of the game...

Andokuky

Banned
I wonder if unlocking the MP44 last was a joke by Infinity Ward. I would think the gun you unlocked at 52 would be one of or the best in the game to reward you but instead you unlock probably the worst in the game :lol It's basically a slightly more powerful AK47 that has worse aim and doesn't support the attachments.

I have almost 2 weeks of play time on the game and I have run into people using it probably 5 times or less.

raYne

Andokuky said:
I wonder if unlocking the MP44 last was a joke by Infinity Ward. I would think the gun you unlocked at 52 would be one of or the best in the game to reward you but instead you unlock probably the worst in the game :lol It's basically a slightly more powerful AK47 that has worse aim and doesn't support the attachments.

I have almost 2 weeks of play time on the game and I have run into people using it probably 5 times or less.
:lol Pretty much.

I've had the game since launch and I can count the number of people I've seen use it on one hand. Even then they probably just unlocked it and were testing it out.

Rayme

It's in there for fun, iirc. It was always a popular CoD1/CoD2 rifle, we could mostly re-use the work on it from CoD2, and there was just-enough room in the memory budget to fit it. So "why not", really. =)

Imo; making it better than the modern assault rifles would have been kind of a dick move.
Seeing one tricked out with an EOTech site would be kind of cool, though. =)

raYne

Rayme said:
It's in there for fun, iirc. It was always a popular CoD1/CoD2 rifle, we could mostly re-use the work on it from CoD2, and there was just-enough room in the memory budget to fit it. So "why not", really. =)

Imo; making it better than the modern assault rifles would have been kind of a dick move.
So it was a joke then..

Curse you IW! I did all that work for THIS?! /joke

Rayme

raYne said:
So it was a joke then..

Curse you IW! I did all that work for THIS?! /joke
Hahah. =)

More of a bragging-point, really. It's not nerfed or anything. It's just cool to be able to say "I beat you bitches & your red-dots with a 60-year-old assault rifle!".

Doesn't break the game, and it isn't useless; just there for a bit of flavor.
(...and a lot of us are still fond of it!)

raYne

Rayme said:
Hahah. =)

More of a bragging-point, really. It's not nerfed or anything. It's just cool to be able to say "I beat you bitches & your red-dots with a 60-year-old assault rifle!".

Doesn't break the game, and it isn't useless; just there for a bit of flavor.
(...and a lot of us are still fond of it!)
:lol! I should start using it just for that reason.

I've been playing this game online religiously since launch (x360) , and within the past 2 weeks, it seems that there's just a huge influx of people camping and sniping, more so than ever before. IS it me, or are other people noticing this on Xbox Live?

raYne

Odrion said:
Don't you still need to complete the achievements for that gun to unlock a gold skin?
Heh, I'm guessing you didn't really mean "achievements". In any case, yeah you have to do the MP44 stuff for the Gold AK.

You can't change anything about the MP44 though. No silencer, no sights, no scopes, no colors etc. Thats part of the reason why I don't use it. That plus, accuracy or something.. :lol

MrCompletely said:
I've been playing this game online religiously since launch (x360) , and within the past 2 weeks, it seems that there's just a huge influx of people camping and sniping, more so than ever before. IS it me, or are other people noticing this on Xbox Live?
It's all the "new" players from post Christmas. I'm usually bored when we're in the lobby between games, so I look at people's profiles to kill time. The majority of the people I play with these days have around 2300 gamerscore and have only a handful of games. This, Halo 3, and GTAIV/Gears.

Victrix

*beard*
So I'm approaching about 240 hours played, and I figured I'd sit down and write up a proper guide type deal to answer various questions about perks and guns, and give various bits of useful and useless advice.

Then I realized that after 240 hours played, the same advice that was true when I started is true now, which is: equip m16, winlol

I've saved myself some effort at least.

raYne

Victrix said:
So I'm approaching about 240 hours played, and I figured I'd sit down and write up a proper guide type deal to answer various questions about perks and guns, and give various bits of useful and useless advice.

Then I realized that after 240 hours played, the same advice that was true when I started is true now, which is: equip m16, winlol

:lol

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Victrix said:

And people were afraid you'd have to hit max level to unlock the best weapon ;)

Victrix said:

I would say silencers myself. I've managed to get a silenced G36C to work pretty well now. Way back when the game just came out I think I came in here bitching about how I couldn't get a silenced assault rifle to work, I could usually kill someone from farther away with a silenced P90. But now I roll with the G36C on Overgrown, District, Showdown, and Ambush (all I can remember for now). I do kinda miss the deep clip of the P90 though, not only does it allow you to mow down 5 guys with a bit of luck, but Bandolier gives you a shit load of bullets with the P90.

But no argument from me on the M16 being the best all around weapon, I just almost always need a silencer for my dirty work.

Oh, and I just got the Mile High Club. It's not really that bad since it's only a minute long. You can just keep throwing yourself at it until everything works more or less how you plan.

Sallokin

I've been getting accused daily of using a "modded" controller. What the fuck does this mean? Kind of sick of getting random messages from people giving me shit.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Sallokin said:
I've been getting accused daily of using a "modded" controller. What the fuck does this mean? Kind of sick of getting random messages from people giving me shit.

Someone said I cheated today after a game on Creek. I sniped two guys while mid air. Was fucking hilarious too. Then I stormed the house with my trusty M60. Now... I only saw this one dude in there, so I didn't even use Iron Sights. Just shot. Suddenly... +30 popped up. Someway, somehow I killed 3 guys just shooting randomly and jumping once. The game was done 1 kill after that so the guys were mad on how they were shooting at me while mid air and didn't die. Very funny too.

Also... DKo5, I know you are one of the guys who worked on the game so lemme make this clear to you.... M16 is for noobs. Thank you!

Rayme said:

I'd prefer the BAR, but that's just me. :) The BAR was my absolute favorite weapon to use in multiplayer back in the old CoD PC days.

mr_boo said:
In terms of assualt rfiles, the M16 is very all-around solid assault rifle. It's got decent stopping power & accuracy and it doesn't kick too much like AK47. My overall preferred assault rifle now though is the G3, but I wouldn't jump into that gun until you get more time in on the game...the single shot aspect of the G3 has a bit of acclimation time to it.

the G3 fits PERFECTLY with my style. I'm using it the same way I was trying to use the M4 (small bursts) and it just feels much better. I unlocked it and never looked back. The mistake I made was adding Double Tap to it. I found that it caused me to use it more like an SMG than the rifle that it is. G3 with Stopping Power is where it has been. K/D finally over 1 :D

morlock

The G3 is by far my favourite weapon in Hardcore-modes. Extreme precision and one shot is enough from whereever on the map (no need for stopping power). You can literally snipe with it and the RDS idles when sighted. :)

MattyH

any one else having trouble connecting to Search and Destroy Games today
seems to be really laggy and keeps going to Hardcore TDM or TDM
any idea whats goin on

X26

Banned
I saw one of the coolest things a few days ago, I had an airstrike and so did a teammate, and since we set them off at the same time both went at the same time. 6 planes bombing wet work within a few seconds is just beautiful. Seen it happen once before where I used one at the same time as someone on the other team, so each team had an airstrike coming down o nthem at the same time.

Treo360 said:
So about that new weapons pack you guys are working on. When's the release date?

!?

there's a new weapons pack coming?? wooooooooooooooooo!

zaidr

Man this blows. I just bought the maps 2 days ago, and I can't play any of them because everyone keeps voting it off. WTF? Why did I waste my money...

Treo360

zaidr said:
Man this blows. I just bought the maps 2 days ago, and I can't play any of them because everyone keeps voting it off. WTF? Why did I waste my money...

I think it's mostly due to map fatigue. Having them come up at a 3:1 ratio tends to do that. I myself have started to vote them off only due to this [fatigue] and not because I suck at them.

You just happen to be a little too late to the party.

zaidr

Treo360 said:
I think it's mostly due to map fatigue. Having them come up at a 3:1 ratio tends to do that. I myself have started to vote them off only due to this [fatigue] and not because I suck at them.

You just happen to be a little too late to the party.

I bought the Gears of War maps late, but those still got played regularly...and I haven't experienced this 3:1 ratio you are mentioning. Do the maps just suck, or what? I found creek kind of weird and "one sided" (where one side seems to have a huge advantage) and I was thinking that would be my favorite one. Maybe I just need to play them a bit more...?

raYne

G3 > M16. It isn't even arguable. :x

The M16 is "cheesier", but the G3 is a better weapon in almost all cases. Particularly at longer range.

zaidr said:
I bought the Gears of War maps late, but those still got played regularly...and I haven't experienced this 3:1 ratio you are mentioning. Do the maps just suck, or what? I found creek kind of weird and "one sided" (where one side seems to have a huge advantage) and I was thinking that would be my favorite one. Maybe I just need to play them a bit more...?
Well, these aren't the Gears maps and they probably aren't in the same 3:1 rotation setup he's talking about. Basically, the new maps come up FAR too often and people are tied of playing them all the time.

So yes, you are late to the party.
Sallokin said:
Depends on the context. I've been accused of it and didn't know what they were talking about 'till I looked it up.

On some youtube vid some guy "modded" his 360 controller so you can fire weapons like the G3, M14, handguns etc at a much higher rate than you can normally. Pretty much turning them into machineguns. In game those weapons are balanced by having only single shot fire rates because the damage they dish out (per bullet) is higher than other weapons. So if you can rapid fire them, you pretty much tear people apart at close range. At longer range, the accuracy is of course, shit though.

As far as I know, that's it as far as controller go.

raYne said:
G3 > M16. It isn't even arguable. :x

The M16 is "cheesier", but the G3 is a better weapon in almost all cases. Particularly at longer range.

Well I'll bite. I might give the G3 a slight advantage at extreme range, but they are equal everywhere else until you're firing from the hip. At which point the M16 can still hold out pretty well, but the G3 is balls. Now if someone plays in such a manner so that they always keep their engagements at a distance, then sure, use the G3. But that can be tough, and boring for some people.

That being said, I'm always happy when I pick up a G3 as an alternate when running with a SMG. Just really satisfying to use.

raYne

PedroLumpy said:
Well I'll bite. I might give the G3 a slight advantage at extreme range, but they are equal everywhere else until you're firing from the hip. At which point the M16 can still hold out pretty well, but the G3 is balls. Now if someone plays in such a manner so that they always keep their engagements at a distance, then sure, use the G3. But that can be tough, and boring for some people.

That being said, I'm always happy when I pick up a G3 as an alternate when running with a SMG. Just really satisfying to use.
Actually, it's more than a slight advantage at longer range (I mean long, way across the map range) because the burst fire sends the 2nd and especially the 3rd bullet off target because of the recoil. So you end up having to do 3-4 bursts just to kill someone. With the G3 it'll only take 3-4+ bullets, each being on target and you'll be able to send off those 4-ish bullets faster than you're able to send off 3-4 M16 bursts.

I'll give you the hip firing advantage, but it's an arguable situation. The G3 bullets will have a more stable firing cone than the M16 bursts. So it'll be easier to put the bullets where you want them.

Basically, the G3 is going to have the accuracy advantage in every situation versus the M16, but you'll have to have a player than can take advantage of said situations. On the other hand, the M16 is a lot easier to use because of the burst fire. So you're able to put 3 bullets more or less on target faster than a G3 user. And as people who use the M16 know, it's easy as hell to kill someone with the first burst if they're in the "death zone". When you have to to multiple bursts is when the problems arise.

Sallokin

raYne said:
On some youtube vid some guy "modded" his 360 controller so you can fire weapons like the G3, M14, handguns etc at a much higher rate than you can normally. Pretty much turning them into machineguns. In game those weapons are balanced by having only single shot fire rates because the damage they dish out (per bullet) is higher than other weapons. So if you can rapid fire them, you pretty much tear people apart at close range. At longer range, the accuracy is of course, shit though.

As far as I know, that's it as far as controller go.

Since I don't use the G3 or M14 I'm going to have to assume that it's because I'm pretty quick with the pistols. The reason I'm so concerned is because I'm getting a lot of bad feedback because people automatically assume I'm cheating. It's frustrating. Thanks for the heads up.

raYne

Sallokin said:
Since I don't use the G3 or M14 I'm going to have to assume that it's because I'm pretty quick with the pistols. The reason I'm so concerned is because I'm getting a lot of bad feedback because people automatically assume I'm cheating. It's frustrating. Thanks for the heads up.
Well, he/they could've just said it because they're losing. Wouldn't put it past people in online gaming to resort to the most stupid bs excuse just because they're losing.

As I said, I've gotten the "controller mod" excuse and "see through walls" and "auto-aim" etc. I've been getting the same excuses on a multitude of games since the beginning of Live and on Dreamcast and PC. People just don't like losing. So anyone that's better than they are are "cheating". It's so bad that recently I was in a game and got killed by someone. So I respawn in the next building and put two bullets in his head with his helmet barely sticking out of cover. After watching the Kill Cam, he blurts out, "Oh man, I gotta get me one of those HDTVs" I was like, "....." Apparently even that's cheating now.

Hell, I was even told that I had a modded disk that gave me a 30,000+ gamerscore. "Cause NO ONE has a gamesercore that high omgz!" :lol

As for the feedback, meh. On the plus side it should keep you away from them and vise versa. :lol

Sallokin

raYne said:
Well, he/they could've just said it because they're losing. Wouldn't put it past people in online gaming to resort to the most stupid bs excuse just because they're losing.

As I said, I've gotten the "controller mod" excuse and "see through walls" and "auto-aim" etc. I've been getting the same excuses on a multitude of games since the beginning of Live and on Dreamcast and PC. People just don't like losing. So anyone that's better than they are are "cheating". It's so bad that recently I was in a game and got killed by someone. So I respawn in the next building and put two bullets in his head with his helmet barely sticking out of cover. After watching the Kill Cam, he blurts out, "Oh man, I gotta get me one of those HDTVs" I was like, "....." Apparently even that's cheating now.

Hell, I was even told that I had a modded disk that gave me a 30,000+ gamerscore. "Cause NO ONE has a gamesercore that high omgz!" :lol

As for the feedback, meh. On the plus side it should keep you away from them and vise versa. :lol

You're totally right. I suppose it's something I'm just going to have to deal with. Moving on. What's this I hear about a weapons pack? May I suggest the XM8, AK102 and FAMAS for assault, MP7A1 for SMG, M110, AS50 for Sniper and the IAR for LMG. (Yeah I watch a lot of future weapons lol)

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Hearing about all the bitching that goes on in CoD4 on XBL, it actually makes me kind of glad that PSN isn't as integrated.

borsdy

Banned
Just thought I would post this heres. CoD4 is the most played game on Live again and 402 said this at major:

Fantastic news! Thanks to everyone who continues to play every night! Double XP for everyone (starting this Friday) and we'll be changing up the map rotation so that the Variety Map Pack shows up equally to all old maps, so no longer have Chinatown pop up 8,000 times

raYne

borsdy said:
Just thought I would post this heres. CoD4 is the most played game on Live again and 402 said this at major:

Fantastic news! Thanks to everyone who continues to play every night! Double XP for everyone (starting this Friday) and we'll be changing up the map rotation so that the Variety Map Pack shows up equally to all old maps, so no longer have Chinatown pop up 8,000 times
Yes! YEEEESSSS!

Top Bottom