• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

DuckRacer

Roxas said:
cheats are for pussies man, come on..
The only real "cheats" are the infinite ammo and the cluster grenade ones, everything else are just color filters and turning dead enemies into tires, slow-mo, etc. Using a cheat on a level also kills any ability to earn achievements as well (until you quit the level), so it's not like you can earn mile high club without ever having to reload.

MIMIC

Banned
Duck said:
The only real "cheats" are the infinite ammo and the cluster grenade ones, everything else are just color filters and turning dead enemies into tires, slow-mo, etc. Using a cheat on a level also kills any ability to earn achievements as well (until you quit the level), so it's not like you can earn mile high club without ever having to reload.

I just got the Mile High Club achievement yesterday. If I made a cheat, it would be "Flash Grenades Will Work Now" :lol

MIMIC said:
I just got the Mile High Club achievement yesterday. If I made a cheat, it would be "Flash Grenades Will Work Now" :lol

Don't know if this has been mentioned but on Inside Xbox there's a walk through on how to get Mile High Club up right now. Might give it a go later. I was dedicated to it for a while, but haven't tried it in quite some time. Maybe I will this weekend.

And I just got the Mile High Club achievement:D

USD

It's time for another love session with the M14.

The M14 is in my opinion the most satisfying gun to use in COD4. It's in the Assault Rifle class, but it's only in there because there's no Battle Rifle class. It uses the same ammo as most of the Sniper Rifles (M40, M21, and R700), so you know it's got some power behind it.

What really makes me love it is the one-shot kill. Shoot someone in the head or neck and most of the time it's insta-kill. There are a lot of stipulations to it (you have to use Stopping Power, it's only effective up to mid-long range and targets using Juggernaut negates it), but being able to whip out sniper kills with an assault rifle feels awesome. Just hearing the POW... TING! of the headshot gets me every time. And even without the headshot, with Stopping Power at any range for regular targets and up to mid-long range against Jugs, it's always a two-shot kill. I don't have a problem with people using Juggernaut, but I also have no problem at all with taking away most of its advantage.

I don't have much versatility with my setup, but the one I use (M14 w/ red dot, Deagle, 3xFrag/Stopping Power/Last Stand) is all I need to be effective with it. The M14 does really poor from the hip, but that's what I have my side arm for. I find myself using the M14 as I would a sniper rifle, going with my primary in medium to long range and using my sidearm in short.

While I still think the G3 is the best gun in the game, I've found that I use the M14 more efficiently ammowise, using less bullets per target, which means less reloading and feeling no obligation towards using Bandolier. I'm using the M14 almost full-time now over the G3, that's how much I love it. It also feels good using a weapon that not many other people use. I don't like to brag, but I've yet to see someone outdo me with the M14. I welcome any challengers though. :D

JaseMath

USD said:

The M14 is in my opinion the most satisfying gun to use in COD4. It's in the Assault Rifle class, but it's only in there because there's no Battle Rifle class. It uses the same ammo as most of the Sniper Rifles (M40, M21, and R700), so you know it's got some power behind it.

What really makes me love it is the one-shot kill. Shoot someone in the head or neck and most of the time it's insta-kill. There are a lot of stipulations to it (you have to use Stopping Power, it's only effective up to mid-long range and targets using Juggernaut negates it), but being able to whip out sniper kills with an assault rifle feels awesome. Just hearing the POW... TING! of the headshot gets me every time. And even without the headshot, with Stopping Power at any range for regular targets and up to mid-long range against Jugs, it's always a two-shot kill. I don't have a problem with people using Juggernaut, but I also have no problem at all with taking away most of its advantage.

I don't have much versatility with my setup, but the one I use (M14 w/ red dot, Deagle, 3xFrag/Stopping Power/Last Stand) is all I need to be effective with it. The M14 does really poor from the hip, but that's what I have my side arm for. I find myself using the M14 as I would a sniper rifle, going with my primary in medium to long range and using my sidearm in short.

While I still think the G3 is the best gun in the game, I've found that I use the M14 more efficiently ammowise, using less bullets per target, which means less reloading and feeling no obligation towards using Bandolier. I'm using the M14 almost full-time now over the G3, that's how much I love it. It also feels good using a weapon that not many other people use. I don't like to brag, but I've yet to see someone outdo me with the M14. I welcome any challengers though. :D
Agreed that the M14 is an amazing mid-long range weapon, although the recoil on it is taking me some time to get used to. I can't wait to unlock the scope for it.

USD

JasonMCG said:
Agreed that the M14 is an amazing mid-long range weapon, although the recoil on it is taking me some time to get used to. I can't wait to unlock the scope for it.
I usually shoot slow and steady with M14, waiting until just before my aim returns to center before shooting again. It's a pretty large gap between shots, but the second one is usually the last I need. Though there's a lot of recoil with the M14 (and the Deagle) the great thing about it is that the recoil is almost all vertical. Once you learn to pull down ever so slightly on your aim, you'll learn to keep you sights on target when shooting rapidfire. I do run into problems with it though, especially with Last Stand. If I get shot into Last Stand, my aim will be low, so I have to bring it back up to compensate, which gives plenty of time for opponents to finish me off, a problem I don't run into when using other weapons. But you take the good with the bad.

I haven't fooled around much with the ACOG scope, that's practically stepping into Sniper Rifle territory there. I should try it out more though.

Daigoro

ToyMachine228 said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned but on Inside Xbox there's a walk through on how to get Mile High Club up right now. Might give it a go later. I was dedicated to it for a while, but haven't tried it in quite some time. Maybe I will this weekend.

cool thanks for the tip.

i was just trying this the other day. i borrowed COD4 from a friend (i must own it now) and beat it on normal in about a day.

then i tried Mile High on Veteran like 50 times. so much fun, but pretty damn rough. i got about half way through, but had to quit because i was going out.

i want to try it again soon. its a great level.

very fun game. i just want to buy it cheap now that ive played through a friends copy.

So I just started playing this again a few days ago and decided to buy the map pack (PS3), and haven't had Creek come up once in the rotation. How rare is it? I normally play TDM and HQ and mostly get Chinatown & Broadcast once in a while, but no Creek at all.

Is there a mode where it comes up more often than others?

Daigoro

ToyMachine228 said:

thanks again for this.

i got Mile High Club this morning. flash bangs FTW!

such an awesome level. it was very fun going for this achievement.

USD said:

I was actually becoming a big fan of it until I discovered the M21. It can kill in one hit without SP and has less recoil. The only disadvantage of using the M21 compared to the M14 is bullets per mag(20 for the M14, 10 for the M21). I prefer the ACOG for this particular gun so I only use the M14 now if I want to use the red dot sight.

USD

Rice-Eater said:
I was actually becoming a big fan of it until I discovered the M21. It can kill in one hit without SP and has less recoil. The only disadvantage of using the M21 compared to the M14 is bullets per mag(20 for the M14, 10 for the M21). I prefer the ACOG for this particular gun so I only use the M14 now if I want to use the red dot sight.
Sniper rifles always win in the game of power, but I rarely use them. I'd pick M21 ACOG over M14 ACOG, but I like getting into the thick of things, and feel more comfortable just running around with the red dot.

MIMIC said:
I just beat "One Shot, One Kill" on veteran....using what this Youtuber calls an "exploit":

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aa-yzTXoinc

Turns the hardest part of the game into the easiest :lol

I tried to do that in a similar box near the dodgem cars but shot people today.
Somehow a grenade got me though. :(

So the way I do it is just up on the ferris wheel.
Took me a while but satisfying.

And USD, do use the m14 in non-hardcore?
Cause that's hard.
Congrats if you do.

USD

roosters93 said:
I tried to do that in a similar box near the dodgem cars but shot people today.
Somehow a grenade got me though. :(

So the way I do it is just up on the ferris wheel.
Took me a while but satisfying.

And USD, do use the m14 in non-hardcore?
Cause that's hard.
Congrats if you do.
I play regular TDM almost exclusively. I've played maybe 30 Hardcore games max. As long as your weapon's range, any gun will get you a headshot kill in Hardcore. In regular TDM, you still only need two clean shots for a kill, so it's not too bad. Having pumped in a lot of hours into the game helps too.

Rainy Dog

USD said:

The M14 was easily my choice pick when I was into COD4 too. Easily the most challenging, satisfying and ultimately rewarding weapon to use. Used Steady Aim with it as transforms it into an shotgun-like CQC beast because of the 2-hit kills. Just found it endlessly annoying that the Stopping Power perk negated most of the benefits of bothering to put the effort into precisely placed, perfectly timed M14 shots when someone can spray with a recoilless M4 and take you out with 4 bullets.

Ledsen

MIMIC said:
I just beat "One Shot, One Kill" on veteran....using what this Youtuber calls an "exploit":

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aa-yzTXoinc

Turns the hardest part of the game into the easiest :lol

I tried that and failed like 6-7 times. Every time a grenade got into the booth somehow. Then I tried standing behind the bumper cars picking people off as they came. Cleared it on the first try :)

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Thinking of re-buying Call of Duty 4. Only reason I actually sold it was because of my immense frustration with the SP. The MP was so fun, rewarding, etc.

I beat War Room on Veteran and thought Mile High Club would've been easier than that, but it's not. :lol I tried so many YouTube videos known to man but to no evail. :(

You guys think that Inside Xbox video will help out trying to beat that damn level? :p

USD said:
Hardcore HQ, Hardcore FFA, and Multi-Bomb Search and Destroy (everyone on the attacking team has a bomb):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11930610&postcount=1

These are all playlist tests, so there's no guarantee they'll become official, but I expect them all to be.

Awesome.
I have fourzerotwo on my friends list so maybe I will be able to get in on some of the private matches.
Does anyone know the gamertags of other Infinity Ward people?

Hope some of these make them official.

In the comments of 402's blog someone suggested this:

ELIMINATION
-> 6 vs.6 TDM
-> No respawn
-> Kill a player on the opposite team and you bring back a dead player of your team. In order, first out first in.
-> Team with no players left loses. (of course).

Sounds fun. Like dodgeball. :D

And 402 talked about "Mark Meyers" a hide and seek game which sounds awesome.

Anton668

neoism said:
You'll be saying the same about Linksys after a while, I have one and its a piece of shit. I'm getting a net gear soon!

Well, so far so good. Thing is, I've heard good and bad about ALL the router co's.

But all that matters is I can play again! Course I suck now, not having played it for months..

MIMIC

Banned
Holy SHIT! I have to finish "No Fighting in the War Room" in NINE minutes on Veteran? @_@

OK, here goes! (I suppose I'm supposed to treat this like "Mile High Club")

Treo360

roosters93 said:
Awesome.
I have fourzerotwo on my friends list so maybe I will be able to get in on some of the private matches.
Does anyone know the gamertags of other Infinity Ward people?

Hope some of these make them official.

In the comments of 402's blog someone suggested this:

ELIMINATION
-> 6 vs.6 TDM
-> No respawn
-> Kill a player on the opposite team and you bring back a dead player of your team. In order, first out first in.
-> Team with no players left loses. (of course).

Sounds fun. Like dodgeball. :D

And 402 talked about "Mark Meyers" a hide and seek game which sounds awesome.

Wouldn't that be Michael Myers? That's what we played during RB6:V

MIMIC said:
Holy SHIT! I have to finish "No Fighting in the War Room" in NINE minutes on Veteran? @_@

OK, here goes!
That mission's a bitch. Mile High=very hard, yet still fun even the 500th time.
War Room? Even harder, not so fun the 500th time.
You have to go as fast as humanely possible, more so than in Mile High, there's like 4 check points you can hit during the mission but you have to be going really quickly to get them. Took soooo many tries.

Roxas

Mike Myers is fucking awesome game, i hope they somehow put that into the game. Had a lot of fun with RS:V playing that.

What exactly is the premise in Mike Meyers and how do you go about setting up and playing a match [e.g. what settings in private match are used?]

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Im getting CoD4 again tomorrow. I sold it because i got bored with the multi after playing so much and i needed money.

But i have an urge to play CoD4 MP again, so much fun :D

Plus, i havent played the new maps yet, but i have heard that they dont come up alot, should i still spend the 800pts for them, are they that good ?

MIMIC

Banned
MaritalWheat said:
That mission's a bitch. Mile High=very hard, yet still fun even the 500th time.
War Room? Even harder, not so fun the 500th time.
You have to go as fast as humanely possible, more so than in Mile High, there's like 4 check points you can hit during the mission but you have to be going really quickly to get them. Took soooo many tries.

I have a plan that will eventually work just like in Mile High Club. Am at the checkpoint with approximately 6 minutes left (where the hallway branches off to the left and to the right where God Terrorist #1 and God Terrorist #2 reside). I throw a flash grenade to the left and run to the right, killing one of the "I GOT AN A+ IN MARKSMANSHIP" terrorists while distracting the other one. I haven't tried the other way around (flash grenade to the right, run to the right) since I figure it would have the same result. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

I only had ONE more guy to kill before my team rushed to the steel doors....then boom :( I died.

Okay, I've been stuck on this stupid mission forever and decided to try again a little while ago... Anyone have tips for how to get through the Chernobyl ferris wheel sequence? I can't seem to last.

MightyHedgehog said:
Okay, I've been stuck on this stupid mission forever and decided to try again a little while ago... Anyone have tips for how to get through the Chernobyl ferris wheel sequence? I can't seem to last.

look it up on youtube and try to copy.

Yeah, this is on Veteran diff. and the damned dogs just screw things up for me too often. Didn't realize that I've been restarting on an autosave from many months back every time. I'll probably just restart the prior section.

MightyHedgehog said:
Yeah, this is on Veteran diff. and the damned dogs just screw things up for me too often. Didn't realize that I've been restarting on an autosave from many months back every time. I'll probably just restart the prior section.

Oh yeah i remember that part was a bitch on veteran. I just hid behind the three that is by the other guy and shot everyone with the sniper. Took me long enough but oh so awesome when i finally did it.

Treo360 said:
Wouldn't that be Michael Myers? That's what we played during RB6:V

Yeah Mike/Michael Myers. woops.:D

RJNavarrete said:
What exactly is the premise in Mike Meyers and how do you go about setting up and playing a match [e.g. what settings in private match are used?]

It's hide and seek.
One player goes on a team by himself and seeks.
Everyone else hides, using a sniper helps to hide in grass. (the ghillie suit)

The Mike Myers can only use:

Shotgun
Pistol
Knife (sometimes just this)

Hiders only use pistol, knife and special grenades.
Hiders can't kill Mike until someone is the last man standing.

Settings like normal besides no perks, one life only, and infinite time if you like.

That's my take on it.

Ledsen

MIMIC said:
I have a plan that will eventually work just like in Mile High Club. Am at the checkpoint with approximately 6 minutes left (where the hallway branches off to the left and to the right where God Terrorist #1 and God Terrorist #2 reside). I throw a flash grenade to the left and run to the right, killing one of the "I GOT AN A+ IN MARKSMANSHIP" terrorists while distracting the other one. I haven't tried the other way around (flash grenade to the right, run to the right) since I figure it would have the same result. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

I only had ONE more guy to kill before my team rushed to the steel doors....then boom :( I died.

Oh fuck I think I did that checkpoint more than a 100 times before I succeeded. Seriously, took me several hours. My method was, run forward, pop 2 guys running around corner, ignore guys behind crates in front, noobtube guy in left corridor, noobtube guy in right corridor, slowly enter right corridor, kill the 4 (?) guys that appear in next room, than after that it's just a question of inching forward, hopefully killing guys before you "trip" them and they instantly kill you. God I got so angry during that part, I don't like remembering it :/

MightyHedgehog said:

Hide behind the bumper car thingie, plant all your claymores amongst them and on the ground to the left so no one can get to you. Just stand there as far back as possible using the cars and fence for cover, popping guys with your sniper rifle. It's actually easy this way because no one will get closer than the far end of the bumper cars.

MIMIC

Banned
Ledsen said:
Hide behind the bumper car thingie, plant all your claymores amongst them and on the ground to the left so no one can get to you. Just stand there as far back as possible using the cars and fence for cover, popping guys with your sniper rifle. It's actually easy this way because no one will get closer than the far end of the bumper cars.

Yeah, I hid behind the bumper cars when I beat it on hardened for the first time.

Doing Mile High Club with Slo-Mo and Infinate Ammo is REALLY fun. And for the FIRST TIME EVER, I accidentally shot the hostage :lol

I just noticed when I was playing HQ, there is a progress bar down the bottom that shows how far you are off levelling up. Awesome. :D

Is it in all normal modes?
I've never noticed it before lol.

kuYuri

roosters93 said:
I just noticed when I was playing HQ, there is a progress bar down the bottom that shows how far you are off levelling up. Awesome. :D

Is it in all normal modes?
I've never noticed it before lol.

Yeah, it's always been there under any mode, except for hardcore modes of course.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I can't believe a game that has been the top of the XBL Played List since launch has only had one map pack released. It's unreal.

I'm sure CoD2 had at least 2.

USD

cjelly said:
I can't believe a game that has been the top of the XBL Played List since launch has only had one map pack released. It's unreal.

You would think the massive sales relative to the previous COD games would offer extra incentive to make more. Apparently not.

btkadams

cjelly said:

ya i never thought about that. its definitely one of the bestselling ps3/360 games (if not THE biggest) and only one average map pack? i mean resistance only has had 4 maps come out, but there were 4 layouts for each one... so thats like 16 maps. resistance didnt sell even close to cod4.

Top Bottom