• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

I just got back from CC and I got my free copy of CoD3 and CoD4 for $30. I didn't realize it until the girl swiped my card...very weird. It looks like their system rung up CoD4 for 59.99, then took off $30.00 automatically for the free CoD3, then she rung up CoD3 for $30 and applied the discount (took off $30 to get the free deal). Weird, but oh well, now I have enough in my game budget to still pick up Mario Galaxy, Assasin's Creed, Mass Efect, and Uncharted.

Oh, and if CC is trying to screw you out of CoD3 for free, that is completely ridiculous. It says it right in the ad. I would complain like fool. Totally unnacceptable.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
HomerSimpson-Man said:
So the biggest difference noted so far is something like color contrast sharpness output?

Dude, this has gone beyond nipple hair detail at this point.

Some of us are waiting to make our decision based on the nipple quality present in each platform.

Picked up my copy of the 360 version a few hours ago. I played the hell out of the multiplayer beta and loved it, but I'm playing through the single-player first. I'm up to the War Pig mission, the mission from the PC demo.

Quazar

So I get to Circuit City couple hours ago and go to get COD4(360) with free copy of COD3. At first couldn't find COD3, so it took like 30min+ to find it. Which I found on mixed game rack. Go to ring it up but someone buying PS3 version was before me. They didn't give him the deal, but gave him poster with it. Told him he could prob. fight it but he was to much of a geek to try.

Anyways when they rang me up, total came to $32.00, I jokingly said I'll take it for that price. But sure enough it kept ringing up that way, so dude just said go ahead swipe your card have no idea whats going on. Than he was like cant complain about our customer service. :lol So basically I got a free COD4.(COD3 was 29.99 alone) Awesome, great day. :D

gray_fox224

Nardonicus said:
I just got back from CC and I got my free copy of CoD3 and CoD4 for $30. I didn't realize it until the girl swiped my card...very weird. It looks like their system rung up CoD4 for 59.99, then took off $30.00 automatically for the free CoD3, then she rung up CoD3 for $30 and applied the discount (took off $30 to get the free deal). Weird, but oh well, now I have enough in my game budget to still pick up Mario Galaxy, Assasin's Creed, Mass Efect, and Uncharted.

Oh, and if CC is trying to screw you out of CoD3 for free, that is completely ridiculous. It says it right in the ad. I would complain like fool. Totally unnacceptable.

Cool man, congrats =)

Anyhoo, I can't wait to get the game tonight. After I get most of my term paper finished, I'm heading to the Sac Bestbuy to pick up the limited.

Ahh, 46'' 1080 GLORY tonight CONFIRMED.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Cerrius said:
so I call gamestop and they tell me I can't buy the game unless I reserved it.

ok.

Those Gamestop/EB employees love that shit. It's like a tiny little victory in their day.

I love going into those stores and playing dumb, asking them questions and just seeing them flex in their environment.

That's a little victory in my day.

Quazar

Nardonicus said:

Oh you to. I was happy as hell. :lol

gray_fox224

chespace said:
Those Gamestop/EB employees love that shit. It's like a tiny little victory in their day.

I love going into those stores and playing dumb, asking them questions and just seeing them flex in their environment.

lol, that's cool. :D

Mojovonio

Banned
Cerrius said:
so I call gamestop and they tell me I can't buy the game unless I reserved it.

ok.

Don't bother with that store. You'll probably be able to pick it up at a best buy or cc this week.

chespace said:

They don't recognize you?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Goddamn! This buttery frame rate makes my dick hard. Really hard. They weren't playin' when they made this game.

Best Buy had tons of copies. They were selling fast as fuck too. IW is about to make some serious cheese $$.

gray_fox224

DaCocoBrova said:
Goddamn! This buttery frame rate makes my dick hard. Really hard. They weren't playin' when they made this game.

Best Buy had tons of copies. They were selling fast as fuck too. IW is about to make some serious cheese $$.

Damn, I CAN'T wait :D :D :D :D :D

Costanza

Banned
Took a bit of convincing but I got Best Buy to price match the free CoD3 deal, but for some reason they didn't get any collector's editions of CoD4 in. Oh well.

Anyway, I don't know what it is, but for some reason the game doesn't look right...it's like there's this weird sort of haze over the picture that makes it look like some sort of compressed FMV but during actual gameplay.

Using 1080p over HDMI on the 360. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Shogmaster said:
Dude, why don't you move the 360 back to the VGA and get a cheapo HMDI > DVI for your PC?

Hey Shoggy, where is your God now? I thought you said the PS3 wasn't able to handle the same quality of games as Xbox360?

DJ_Tet

Banned
Score :D

Check this out, I got COD4 AND COD3 for $32 at Circuit City. It rang up at $93, then totaled out at $32. I didn't ask any questions. When I got to the car, I saw what happened. My Circuit City had hard-coded a $30 discount into COD4 because they presumably didn't have any COD3 copies. Little did they know I hid one yesterday :D

They left the free discount for COD3 in their system, so I got that for free plus a $30 discount on COD4. Best new videogame purchase in awhile for me :D

Quazar said:
Oh you to. I was happy as hell. :lol

haha! Yeah dude, me too. At first I felt a tinge of guilt, but then realized its only CC that is getting burned, so no big deal. I can't friggn' wait to get home and play.

Quazar

DJ_Tet said:

Check this out, I got COD4 AND COD3 for $32 at Circuit City. It rang up at $93, then totaled out at $32. I didn't ask any questions. When I got to the car, I saw what happened. My Circuit City had hard-coded a $30 discount into COD4 because they presumably didn't have any COD3 copies. Little did they know I hid one yesterday :D

They left the free discount for COD3 in their system, so I got that for free plus a $30 discount on COD4. Best new videogame purchase in awhile for me :D

Me as well. And someone above my post. What a fucking steal right?

Picked up the PC CE @ BB a little while ago. It's been stuck on the finalizing install screen for some time now... Also the CE is definately not worth it for a puny art book that should have been a preorder bonus and a digital guide, when you can get those for free all over the internet. Anyway I'm a sucker for LEs anyway, but they could have tried harder for this one. At least I got Behind Enemy Lines for free...

DJ_Tet said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Definity

Picked my copy up earlier today and played the first two missions. Holy Shit! The presentation in the campaign mode is mind blowing and the frame rate is making my eyes bleed. I love you IW.

gray_fox224

SlaughterX said:
Picked up the PC CE @ BB a little while ago. It's been stuck on the finalizing install screen for some time now... Also the CE is definately not worth it for a puny art book that should have been a preorder bonus and a digital guide, when you can get those for free all over the internet. Anyway I'm a sucker for LEs anyway, but they could have tried harder for this one. At least I got Behind Enemy Lines for free...

Aside for the crappy art book, how is the overall packaging?

Costanza said:
Took a bit of convincing but I got Best Buy to price match the free CoD3 deal, but for some reason they didn't get any collector's editions of CoD4 in. Oh well.

Anyway, I don't know what it is, but for some reason the game doesn't look right...it's like there's this weird sort of haze over the picture that makes it look like some sort of compressed FMV but during actual gameplay.

Using 1080p over HDMI on the 360. Anyone else experiencing this?

When I go to BestBuy tonight I'm going to try this as well. I hope it'll work. About his issue with the HDMI 360, can anyone respond to this?

Nardonicus said:
haha! Yeah dude, me too. At first I felt a tinge of guilt, but then realized its only CC that is getting burned, so no big deal. I can't friggn' wait to get home and play.
:lol I hope I can get this deal! Did you just go up to the counter with COD4 & COD3 and get it for 30 without asking?

Icy

Banned
InterMoniker said:
:lol I hope I can get this deal! Did you just go up to the counter with COD4 & COD3 and get it for 30 without asking?

the COD3 free is apart of an advertised special. Their system is miss ringing it up.
If you ask for it they will probably not sell it to you and pull it from their shelves
at the store.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So basically it's confirmed. The PS3 version has AA.
ZrJJZkjGQ.gif
ZrJJZkjGQ.gif
ZrJJZkjGQ.gif
ZrJJZkjGQ.gif
ZrJJZkjGQ.gif

Calen

PAYBACKill said:
a few of the posters agree the only difference is the PS3 had more rain.

tiny, tiny clips though.
They both use the same asset, so it may just be that there is a bit of a contrast difference on the two consoles which makes it harder to see against the ocean. I know for a fact that it's got the same number of particles, sheets, etc etc.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Calen said:
They both use the same asset, so it may just be that there is a bit of a contrast difference on the two consoles which makes it harder to see against the ocean. I know for a fact that it's got the same number of particles, sheets, etc etc.

Both look fucking amazing. Wow.

wowfactor

Banned
Calen said:

Anyway, IW is the best.

BeeDog

Can't see any difference whatsoever between the clips other than the contrast, which don't bother me at all. This is some very good news. :D

Calen said:

Heh... and how would you know this? It's not like you counted every single particle of rain

Just watched the movies, the helmet is definitely a bit on the triagular side on the 360 :p It's hard to compare textures on such small vids.

So it appears that there is a CC glitch that lets you get COD4 and COD3 for $30? Is this accurate? Maybe I should head over there after work.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Gears... I love you and all that, but you've been dethroned in the grfx dept. The 60fps really makes this game come to life, not to mention a bunch of other nex gen techniques I've yet to see (@ 6ofps).

Damn.

If anyone wants to hop in on MP, DAC0C0B

0 = Zero

4ndii

DJ_Tet said:

I did the same thing. I also got the hard-coded discount. What an awesome purchase :)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It must look quite different from the PC demo then as that demo was pretty average looking (on the highest settings). I suppose we'll find out later today.

Calen

Metalmurphy said:
Heh... and how would you know this? It's not like you counted every single particle of rain

Just watched the movies, the helmet is definitely a bit on the triagular side on the 360 :p It's hard to compare textures on such small vids.
One of the things I did on CoD4 was the SPU version of the special effects system, and this level was one of my primary test cases.

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else get a $30 discount of the game from Circuit City?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Metalmurphy said:
Bloody hell, not even my devsingaf.txt file helps me to keep track with these things...

/hides in shame

Not only that, but he programmed the rain. :lol

Ragnarok10

Calen said:
One of the things I did on CoD4 was the SPU version of the special effects system, and this level was one of my primary test cases.
Testcase code or it didn't happen. J/K, thanks for the info and for taking the time to post. Also, not a half ass bad job of coding too.

Top Bottom