• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Quazar

Superblatt said:
So it appears that there is a CC glitch that lets you get COD4 and COD3 for $30? Is this accurate? Maybe I should head over there after work.

I got it for $32. But hell even if you don't get it and glitch is fixed, you still can ebay COD3.

Calen

Metalmurphy said:
Bloody hell, not even my devsingaf.txt file helps me to keep track with these things...

/hides in shame
Heh no worries at all :D It's one of the things that makes the internet (and GAF) great.

Treo360

GrayFoxPL said:
It's all about exchange rate, man.

I'm in Poland:
COD4 price -

US: 63 USD = 158PLN

Europe 60 EUR = 87USD = 218 PLN

Domestic Price 235 PLN = 64 EUR = 93 USD

After adding shipping cost from other eu country the eu and domestic price would be close.

To be fair, right now I don't know the shipping cost from us at moviestyme.com but afaik it's not a whole lot. Many gaffers use the site. It's not that pricey to import anymore :lol.

Aww shit dude, next time you feel like importing to Poland let me now. My wife works for a shipping company that primarily ships to Poland.

She's from bialystok btw

Doc Evils

Calen said:
One of the things I did on CoD4 was the SPU version of the special effects system, and this level was one of my primary test cases.

How efficient are the cell SPU's, compared to using the GPU for such effects?

Treo360

McDragon said:
Agenda? isn't he a Sony fan?

whatever though, he is only answering a question.

I put JB as somewhat console agnostic, but with a tilt towards the Sony side. I may not agree with a lot of what he writes, he's a gamer and that's what counts, but yeah you're right, he was only answering a question.

Master Z

Mojovonio said:
You really need a tag.

Calen Of Duty 4: Modern Programming or some shit.

Anyways thanks to Calen, Dko5 and any other IW people who have been providing us with the cool infos and whatnot. I'll be buying your awesome game today.

:lol :lol :lol
For those who are gettitng the discount where are you guys from? I just got back from CC in Kennesaw, GA and got the discount. I snaged the last copy of COD3 and also tried the $10 coupon. The system will not take both deals but I will let it slide since they gave me a free game and half off. :D

Quazar

One thing I'd like to give props to is IW developers involvement in the community. Obviously a team that cares.

Toonami 99 said:
:lol :lol :lol
For those who are gettitng the discount where are you guys from? I just got back from CC in Kennesaw, GA and got the discount. I snaged the last copy of COD3 and also tried the $10 coupon. The system will not take both deals but I will let it slide since they gave me a free game and half off. :D

Got mine in Morrow, GA.

Not loving the multi-play experience as I'm routinely getting lit up by cats with fifteen levels higher than mine.

I AM loving the single player campaign though. I've head two lines from the movie Aliens now and each time it has made me smile.

Chris R

I really want to play this, but my laptop can't handle it :(

Silly not to include KBM in SP mode for the PS3 even if it wouldn't be allowed in the MP part for balance issues.

CajoleJuice said:
Goddamn, I knew I should've went and got COD4 during my lunch break. I hope to God it's not sold out by the time I get off work. :(

I'm totally in if I can actually get it for $30 at CC. That is assuming they don't catch the glitch by the time I'm off work.

Superblatt said:
I'm totally in if I can actually get it for $30 at CC. That is assuming they don't catch the glitch by the time I'm off work.
Well, I hope the $30 is not a glitch. If I don't get a copy of COD3 (which is pretty much as improbable as you can get at this point) I think getting COD4 for $30 is better for me, as I was just going to sell COD3 anyway.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Amazing deal at CC, I got mine at Charlotte NC. I doubt if I had asked for COD3 for free that I would have gotten it and the deal. Like I said, I found a copy yesterday when I went looking for the game, and hid it anticipating it would be hard to find. I had no idea that I would get the game and COD4 for half price, I expected to pay $64. In fact, I wasn't sure what happened until I got to the car and looked at the receipt, I sure wasn't asking any questions in the store :D

Hammer

Superblatt said:

Thats what I'm afraid of too. >< Four and a half more hours... and counting.

Picked up COD3 and 4 for the 360, and about 5 or 6 folks plus myself got a nifty $20 GC since it arrived via FedEx at 2:25PM. "The World On Time" my ass.....!

Also used the printed out BK coupon and got a $10 GC for a future purchase as well.....!

Oh, nice poster too!

Cool beans I say. :D

GrayFoxPL

Treo360 said:
Aww shit dude, next time you feel like importing to Poland let me now. My wife works for a shipping company that primarily ships to Poland.

She's from bialystok btw

Wow, that's cool man, thanks. :D I won't bother your wife with our nerdy gaming stuff thou :lol.

Pozdrowienia to your wife! :)

Bialystok - pretty place.

belier

Doubts, doubts, doubts...

I'll buy this game, but for which platform? Need some advice.

The options are:

- PS3
- PC (Dual Core 6750, 8800GTS 640, 2GB RAM)

Thanks in advance.

BeeDog

With that rig I'd buy the PC version. Cheaper than any console version, you will be able to max the graphics, and mod support.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
belier said:
Doubts, doubts, doubts...

I'll buy this game, but for which platform? Need some advice.

The options are:

- PS3
- PC (Dual Core 6750, 8800GTS 640, 2GB RAM)

Thanks in advance.
That's a badass PC. Assuming the PC version looks as good as the console game (it didn't in the demo, but that was simply a demo), I'd go for that version. You're sure to get perfect performance and the game is best with a mouse, I'd say.

So I just got back from one of my local Circuit City's. They wouldn't give me the free COD3 for PS3. They were claiming the deal only applies to 360. :(

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
This game really is a 'jaw dropper'.

IW did the damn thing. Props.

soco

called around gamestops this morning and the two closest were sold out of 360 versions. My brother bought the last PS3 version at the 2nd one at around 13:30.

i didn't think to ask how many copies they had in stock, but i have to say i'm surprised they didn't seem to anticipate how many people would want this game.

CajoleJuice said:
Goddamn, I knew I should've went and got COD4 during my lunch break. I hope to God it's not sold out by the time I get off work. :(

LOL, I had to go to four stores before I found my copy today. At that was around 12-1pm EST.

Luckily a brand new gamestop just opened and people don't know it's there yet.

Top Bottom