• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

I just got back from driving an hour and a half to the closest Wal Mart to find that they didn't have it yet. Fuck. Ah well least I got some Tide and a chicken burger.

McLovin

I'm only one hour into this game and I have to say its amazing. I'm gonna spread out the goodness and play the campaign again tomorrow. I'm gonna play mp the rest of the day. Oh yeah and for those of you having trouble finding the game I suggest Hollywood videos(its a rental chain) they started selling games now and they are fully stocked.. they also have lots of wiis since nobody knows they sell them.

calder

Oh shit, just got home. Jumped into a MP game for kicks and I had to force myself to quit. :lol I need to play the SP first I think.

Oh and blindrocket, accept my friend request dammit! ;)

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
My Gamestop only ordered enough to fill preorders, so I'm having to make Walmart/CC/BB runs. No luck so far. :(

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
lunlunqq said:
damn... do I suck at this game... i'm playing on regular and died a lot... i constantly feel confused and disoriented... don't know what to shoot at and where to go... am i missing something? i've played a lot of FPS's and I played of COD1 and COD2 on PC. never felt so frustrated before... :(

Turn up the volume and listen to what your squad mates tell you. There's also that big ol' yellow circle that indicates where you should go...in addition to the objectives menu that comes up by hitting 'start'.

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
Loving this game. Going to play MP next.

Gamertag: sp0re

traveler

Not Wario
Just picked it up. Starting campaign in a sec. Maybe I'll see you guys online in a bit. (Not dropping the TF2 squad, though. Thursday night is still all TF2.)

Fina1e

This unbelievable. I can't find this game anywhere. I've tried TRU, CC,BB, GS, Eb games, Target AND Walmart.

None of them have it or are sold out.

belvedere

Junior Butler
My buddy is having problems finding it in the STL area. He said that the 6 GS's/EB's he's contacted have sold all of their pre-orders and PS3 copies of the game.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
This game fucking ROCKS!
Beat the single player campaign(5-6hours) this morning and I I'll say is WOW.
I played a little bit of multiplayer and I'll get back on tonight as well and play the living shit out of it. I loved how smooth it ran with no lag on my PS3. Maybe my Fios connection is helping out?

All in all, thank you for Infinity Ward for delivering once again.

Eric WK

I haven't been able to put this down since I got home this morning. Started off playing Single Player and got through the first three missions or so on Veteran. It didn't get too hard until I got to the TV Station on the third mission. That was extremely tough, but never unfair. Veteran is a really nice challenge so far.

Multiplayer is incredible. I'm yet to find a map I don't like. Had a streak of three or four games where I had 35+ kills and I've been leveling like crazy so far. Hit 20 after only about 2.5 hours of play with a K/D ratio hovering just above two.

Anyhow, I'm in love. This is going to be my console shooter for the next 18-24 months, as far as I can tell.

J-Rzez

Bandolier
Double Tap =
Dead People

Seriously, people after the matches always ask me what gun I use because it shoots so fast... :lol And i'm just about 2 lvls away from the P90 :D

I love this game online... I really really do... I haven't even touched SP yet, and probably won't since I'm gonna have to start putting in some time with my 360 friends

Ooh, ranked 25th in score and 29th in kills so far too... Yay me!

Ryck

Been playing online for a few hours it is fantastic. I haven't even tried the single player yet lol.

PSN= Ryck007

Undeux

Agh... I was totally prepared to hold out and ignore this game until it became cheaper and/or borrowable, but I think I may have finally been convinced to just buy it.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
So my local CC didn't have any CoD3 in to give away, but guess what they did?

They gave me CoD4 for $29.99 and a $24 gift card. Unbelievable. I didn't even have to bitch or argue. I just asked for CoD4 without even mentioning the deal. I wasn't even that interested in this game, but the hype in this thread convinced me to take a look. The CC deal is just too good to pass. Unfortunately I'm stuck in a hotel room on business so I'm nowhere near my precious 360.

Anyone else noticing some matchmaking quirks as far as Rank and Level go? I've been on some teams where we were all one digit level going against all double digit level.

llTll

Banned
ok.. i know this is going to make some people here sad. but i have to say. i have played the ps3 version for like hours. and played the xbox 360 beta version

honestly if you are multi console owner. then get the 360 version

- the 360 version "feel" like it has more colors in it
- the ps3 version has weird pop up in single player, like for example, you see a trea from far, you see it has very few leafs on it. once you get close, a sudden leafs pop us. take one step back, and they goes off again.
- the most important thing, its smoother. yes both are 60fps. but somehow the 360 version is still smoother than the PS3 version.

McLovin

llTll said:
ok.. i know this is going to make some people here sad. but i have to say. i have played the ps3 version for like hours. and played the xbox 360 beta version

- the ps3 version has weird pop up in single player, like for example, you see a trea from far, you see it has very few leafs on it. once you get close, a sudden leafs pop us. take one step back, and they goes off again.
- the most important thing, its smoother. yes both are 60fps. but somehow the 360 version is still smoother than the PS3 version.

I noticed the pop too.. but honestly who gives a crap.

Calen

mysticstylez said:
Anyone else noticing some matchmaking quirks as far as Rank and Level go? I've been on some teams where we were all one digit level going against all double digit level.
As far as I understand it, matchmaking doesn't consider your level in game, only the player skill values matter aka. the Trueskill value on 360. You can be high level and still suck (I am proof positive of this fact.)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
llTll said:

- Ok.
- You dont know if the pop-up isn't in the 360 version as well as the beta was all about online multiplayer. Did you notice pop up in the multiplayer maps that wasn't there in the same maps of the 360 beta?
- Odd.

Draft

This COD4 for $29.99 thing, it's what, a glitch? Like, I just walk into CC, put the game on the counter, and they'll ring it up for $29.99? I don't have to bring any coupons or do anything crazy?

Kosma

Banned
llTll said:

Can't this have something to do in comparing SP (PS3) and MP (360 Beta), because MP is toned graphically to run better??

I surely hope so.

Klocker

beautiful, beautiful, fun-ass game.... can not stop playing Multiplayer... I'm gonna need rehab after a couple of weeks to get off of this crack pipe.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
llTll said:

facepalm.gif

llTll

Banned
TTP said:
- Ok.
- You dont know if the pop-up isn't in the 360 version as well as the beta was all about online multiplayer. Did you notice pop up in the multiplayer maps that wasn't there in the same maps of the 360 beta?
- Odd.

the pop thing is real even in MP. there is one level that had trees in the beta. it didnt have the pop up problem. i played it like 30 mins ago on PS3. and its there, its very clear too.

gray_fox224

Klocker said:
beautiful, beautiful, fun-ass game.... can not stop playing Multiplayer... I'm gonna need rehab after a couple of weeks to get off of this crack pipe.

Seems about right. I can't wait for tonight.

Safe Bet

Banned
llTll said:

..and with that, my participation in this thread ends.

Hint: Make a separate thread for platform comparisons and quit trying to piss on my parade...

Draft said:
This COD4 for $29.99 thing, it's what, a glitch? Like, I just walk into CC, put the game on the counter, and they'll ring it up for $29.99? I don't have to bring any coupons or do anything crazy?

It's either a glitch or more likley user-error on the part of that particular clerk. At my local CC, its was $60... and they weren't offering free COD3 for PS3 (only for 360). So it's really up to the incompetence of the register monkeys at your particular store.

soco

i'm only comparing with the 360 beta, as i haven't bought the 360 version yet, but the PS3 version looks at least as good as the beta did (at least in SD -- haven't tried it on my tv) if i were to pick one thing, it looks like there might be a slight bit more shimmering in SD, but i've only noticed in a few places. otherwise the PS3 version looks and runs superbly, IMO. someone mentioned the colors, but i think it looks identical to the 360 version.

on another note, what does the lightbulb that appears over some people's heads mean? i've never seen this explained anywhere...

beerbelly

Banned
llTll said:

Excellent news.

Mmmkay

There's no law that LOD transitions have to be at a fixed distance, so it wouldn't be out of the question to see the 360 having longer LOD ranges than the PS3. *shrug* Of course, comparing the SP campaign on one platform to the MP beta on another doesn't make much sense... and 60 > 60? What.

Top Bottom