• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Tried out the game at my work's lounge...man, that first level gives me the chills like the first time I played Super Metroid. That was intense.

This game's gonna be quite a thrill ride. Good times.

pxleyes

Banned
Awntawn said:
What? More info please.

I thought the deal was CoD3 retails for $30, and you get it for free if you buy CoD4 for $60...? 2 games for $30 I want to know more 3;

Circuit City rang it up as such. People are calling it a glitch. I call it good fortune.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Bidermaier said:
I don't know who do Activision think we are. It is not like we all are millionaires over here.
Europeans, just ignore the existence of this game. Thanks

Places that are not Japan or America pay more for games... News at 11!

saelz8

Icy said:
Anyone wishing to use my public Ventrilo..

VA1.LeetVent.com:3974
I'll be on in a bit, scrimming in TF2 right now.

I was playing BC Tactical Realism server earlier and it was badass.

Ramirez

I just went 25-4 with a 15 kill streak on my first match of Live COD4 MP. :lol Didn't know the map either! I love this game. :p

Eric WK

Ramirez said:
I just went 25-4 with a 15 kill streak on my first match of Live COD4 MP. :lol Didn't know the map either! I love this game. :p

:D

Went 30-2 with a 23 kill streak in an FFA an hour or so ago on a map I had yet to play.

In other news, I've been sprinting so much that my thumb is like swollen so I need to take a break. :lol

Smokey

The only downside to Call of Duty 4 being so good?

You just KNOW that another team is working on Call of Duty 5 right now to be released next year, instead of Activision giving IW all the time they need for the next one(if they even want to do another game.

Ramirez

Eric WK said:
:D

Went 30-2 with a 23 kill streak in an FFA an hour or so ago on a map I had yet to play.

In other news, I've been sprinting so much that my thumb is like swollen so I need to take a break. :lol

Hit me up whenever you're headin into team shit. :D

<nu>faust

i have never been a big call of duty fan (nor a fan of console fps' in general) but,
as a gamer of 20 years i do recognize a great game when i see one,
this game offers one hell of ride ppl...do jump in(with the 360 version), you won't be dissapointed.

Yea, it's gonna be fun owning people that didn't play in the beta. :p

I'm gonna be playing in an hour or so. I need to finish up some HW before I touch the game, or else it won't be done by tomorrow.

danwarb

llTll said:
- the most important thing, its smoother. yes both are 60fps. but somehow the 360 version is still smoother than the PS3 version.
That's pretty weird. Does the PS3 version have motion blur?

Ugh, my brother just got back and they gave him $30 off a game of his choice because they ran out of CoD3. Man I got screwed out of that. I guess I'm going to hit up the same store he did after I get off work.

MercuryLS

Banned
Ok I'm playing the
TV station
on hardened and can't pass it, jesus is it hard. Enemies keep spawning, grenades going off left and right. Halp!

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
MercuryLS said:
Ok I'm playing the
TV station
on hardened and can't pass it, jesus is it hard. Enemies keep spawning, grenades going off left and right. Halp!

I just completed that on Vet. I have no tips other than "pray".

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Gamespot said:
The only real catch is that the single-player is almost shockingly short. If you've been keeping up with this style of game, you'll probably shoot your way to the credits in under five hours. While you can raise the difficulty to give yourself more of a challenge, the main thing this does is make the enemies frustratingly deadly, which sort of detracts from the fun.

Weaksauce! And under five hours? Did they play this on recruit?

Dizzan

MINI Member
Just picked it up.

JB Hifi Castle Hill in Sydney for any Aussies. Had 3 copies left

Played the first level and it's great. Now I have to muster every ounce of restraint to go study for uni exams..

Rayme

Eric WK said:
You don't actually have to hold down the stick to keep sprinting. Just click it once. Your thumb will thank you. =)

steve

Banned
Played through the first few levels as well, and only one word can decscribe the atmosphere.... Wow.

The opening level is ridiculously awesome.

I had a huge gaping grin on my face as it played out. The cool thing is there are no cutscenes in the game, everything is happening while you control it.

HOWEVER. It's not all gravy.

This game has quite simply, the ugliest, nastiest textures I've ever seen in game up close. From afar, they look great, but up close, uugh, blurfest like you wouldn't believe. Not nearly the graphical showcase I was expecting. Still great, but not mindblowing like I anticipated.

Ratchet & Clank has spoiled me with it's ridiculously clean picture quality at any distance.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
steve said:
This game has quite simply, the ugliest, nastiest textures I've ever seen in game up close. From afar, they look great, but up close, uugh, blurfest like you wouldn't believe. Not nearly the graphical showcase I was expecting. Still great, but not mindblowing like I anticipated.

I feel the same way. Looking at media and movies I'm like, "how on earth do they do all that amazin' stuff at 60fps?!" After looking at a texture: "oh."

Not to detract anything from the game, as I'm not a texture whore like most on the board, but it's not quite as flawless as the 10 from IGN would lead you to believe.

Just played multiplayer for about three hours for the first time since the Beta and I did pretty good. Got my M4 and Red Dot Sight kit working. In love with it. There's quite a few maps it seems. What's the actual number? And all of them are pretty decent.

And the MP5 seems to be the new noob cannon. Watching the guys sprint up to you and just unload a whole clip:lol

EekTheKat

There are some noticeable low-res shadow maps in certain areas, but you'd have to be pretty much ignore all the chaos going on to pick them out :lol

I like it though, 60fps really makes the game feel insanely frantic. Think I'm going to go back + try for a better time on that training course.

ToyMachine228 said:
Just played multiplayer for about three hours for the first time since the Beta and I did pretty good. Got my M4 and Red Dot Sight kit working. In love with it. There's quite a few maps it seems. What's the actual number? And all of them are pretty decent.

And the MP5 seems to be the new noob cannon. Watching the guys sprint up to you and just unload a whole clip:lol
16 maps, duder.

Bebpo

Banned
So now that people actually have it and are playing, which version should I buy if I don't care about achievements, paying for online, rumble (since I'll have a PS3 rumble soon hopefully). All I care about is nitpicky graphical differences like framerate, slowdowns, jaggies, textures.

MercuryLS

Banned
Bebpo said:
So now that people actually have it and are playing, which version should I buy if I don't care about achievements, paying for online, rumble (since I'll have a PS3 rumble soon hopefully). All I care about is nitpicky graphical differences like framerate, slowdowns, jaggies, textures.

It's about as close to identical as a multi-plat title will look this gen, flip a coin.

JB1981

Bebpo said:

360. PS3 looks great too, though!

Cerrius said:
Was there any weapon balancing done since the beta? The M4 feels a tad weaker.

Yeah, M4 was nerfed. You hardly see anyone use it anymore.

The new "instant win" weapon is the M60. I've seen an alarming number of people using it.

Bebpo

Banned
Hmmm, ok yeah maybe I'll flip a coin or maybe when I get to the store it'll only be in-stock on one system tomorrow.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
JB1981 said:
360. PS3 looks great too, though!
Went to work and just back, let it go. Both look and play phenomenally.

And does anyone wanna jump online with me in PS3 version? Currently hosting a TD game on Ambush. I have a great connection so lag is no issue.

Top Bottom