• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
played for three straight hours, this game is fucking amazing.

2v9ov7s.gif
Infinity Ward

McLovin

llTll said:
the pop thing is real even in MP. there is one level that had trees in the beta. it didnt have the pop up problem. i played it like 30 mins ago on PS3. and its there, its very clear too.

To me it wasn't very clear. And it only did it once.. during the cutscene where you see through the president. Other then that the game is super smooth. And so far the best online game I've played in a while.

In the level hunted now. Great game so far, haven't tried MP yet but this is a great game so far. Better single player then HL2 Episode 2, and Halo 3 but I prefer BS and MP3's single player over CoD's.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
just got off online(for the first time).

Played for an Hour plus. runs EXCELLENT(PS3/Wi-fi), Had one Host drop out already. but Framerate is Great, 0 Lag just great

Played Freefall Deathmatch, no team games yet. unlocked some perks and challenges already. this Game will own my soul for a while. Really fuckin Fun

InfinityGODlogo.gif:lol

gcubed

llTll said:
ok.. i know this is going to make some people here sad. but i have to say. i have played the ps3 version for like hours. and played the xbox 360 beta version

honestly if you are multi console owner. then get the 360 version

- the 360 version "feel" like it has more colors in it
- the ps3 version has weird pop up in single player, like for example, you see a trea from far, you see it has very few leafs on it. once you get close, a sudden leafs pop us. take one step back, and they goes off again.
- the most important thing, its smoother. yes both are 60fps. but somehow the 360 version is still smoother than the PS3 version.

where is the picture of the dude coming through the monitor and slapping? Thats very much needed here solely for the 1st and 3rd comments that are cringeworthy i am suprised it wasnt re-read before submitted and deleted for idiocy.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:eek: :eek:

Game is f-ing awesome.

LunaticPuma said:
So my local CC didn't have any CoD3 in to give away, but guess what they did?

They gave me CoD4 for $29.99 and a $24 gift card. Unbelievable. I didn't even have to bitch or argue. I just asked for CoD4 without even mentioning the deal. I wasn't even that interested in this game, but the hype in this thread convinced me to take a look. The CC deal is just too good to pass. Unfortunately I'm stuck in a hotel room on business so I'm nowhere near my precious 360.

Lucky. My CC is full of shit. I go in early... nothing is out on the shelves. I ask for COD4... sure let me get it out of the box... I ask for COD3... he tells me they don't have it before I even finish my sentence. I said no thanks to the copy of COD4 and walked off... checked the aisles... they had several copies of COD3 for PS2, Xbox, and Wii... but no 360... yeah right. Assholes.

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
My god. That is the most fun MP ever and the graphics are the best I have seen so far on a console.

Gamertag: Sp0re

Rayme

MaX_PL said:
the bungie crew tired of halo 3 too?
Huh. Were the IW crew tired of CoD4 when we picked up our copies of Halo3 last month? Or are they both anticipated games and are we all passionate gamers?

llTll said:
ok.. i know this is going to make some people here sad. but i have to say. i have played the ps3 version for like hours. and played the xbox 360 beta version

honestly if you are multi console owner. then get the 360 version

- the 360 version "feel" like it has more colors in it
- the ps3 version has weird pop up in single player, like for example, you see a trea from far, you see it has very few leafs on it. once you get close, a sudden leafs pop us. take one step back, and they goes off again.
- the most important thing, its smoother. yes both are 60fps. but somehow the 360 version is still smoother than the PS3 version.

Sounds like gamedaily.net is a lying shitbag site that should be banned.

besada

Banned
Got this today. Even though I played the Beta, I was unprepared for the goodness. The opening sequences are tense and exciting, and the shooting is just brutal. Slaughtering people through walls, getting your head blown off when you poke it around a corner, flanking a group of terrorists and meeting them in the middle as they flank you.

I just had that big TV studio battle, and it was unadulterated chaos!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
My PC CE and DS versions shipped from GS yesterday. Today I get an email from them saying that I might have received (be receiving, I take it they mean) the incorrect version of CoD4. Uh oh.

gray_fox224

Mejilan said:
My PC CE and DS versions shipped from GS yesterday. Today I get an email from them saying that I might have received (be receiving, I take it they mean) the incorrect version of CoD4. Uh oh.

They're talking about the DS version you ordered.

Why DS?!

pxleyes

Banned
Got CoD3 and CoD4 for 30 bucks at CC today. Hell of a deal. Only got through the first level of CoD4 so far, but it is AMAZING!

FirewalkR

llTll said:

Well ya know, refresh rates are never exact integers, i'm sure the 360's 60 fps is more like 60.51231924 Hz and the PS3's is sort of 59.1215696911!1.

snort

Synless

The level overgrown looks amazing to me, so much grass and shit is in it, I love this game the multiplayer has me addicted.

_dd_ said:
AHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh

I have given up for today

Final, Final mission on Veteran beaten (spoilers of course :/):

Even after watching that, i still can't get it AHhhhhhhhhhhh

That dude has a good strategy for the first floor, but his second floor one is complete shit. He wastes way too much time. If I modified his first floor strategy and married it with mine for the second, I am confident that it can be done with 10+ seconds to spare.

Note: Just for reference, I finished it with 2 seconds to spare myself using my method. However, he finished the first floor with 33 seconds left, and I did it with 22 left. In other words, my shortcut for the second floor allowed me to finish it in only 19 seconds (while his took him 32).

djkimothy

Big-E said:
God damn this, I can't find it in Vancouver yet.

It's no where to be found in Ottawa as well. Like I said, game releases are at least 1 day late here in Canada.

At least I have the hockey game to entertain me for a while.

Awntawn

pxleyes said:
Got CoD3 and CoD4 for 30 bucks at CC today. Hell of a deal. Only got through the first level of CoD4 so far, but it is AMAZING!
What? More info please.

I thought the deal was CoD3 retails for $30, and you get it for free if you buy CoD4 for $60...? 2 games for $30 I want to know more 3;

dankir

djkimothy said:
It's no where to be found in Ottawa as well. Like I said, game releases are at least 1 day late here in Canada.

At least I have the hockey game to entertain me for a while.

Really? They got plenty of copies in Montreal there were plenty to go around at my ebgames actually.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Seems the 360 version is region free, got it orded from play-asia, now I have to wait :|

spwolf

llTll said:

ehm, both are 60 fps but 360 is smoother (that just doesnt work), and you remember this from what you played 5 weeks ago.

How the hell do you remember something like that from 5 weeks ago. I wouldnt trust myself with something that i played 5 days ago, let alone 5 weeks ago.

Sean

Banned
Meh, my Circuit City did not have any copies of CoD3 or the CoD4 poster left. Felt like a bait and switch. I asked if I could get a raincheck or something and the manager refused.

They took that $10 gift card coupon printout though at least.

Top Bottom