• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

teepo

i think playing on veteran was a mistake because my team mates a.i aint worth shit.

being spammed by grenades is frustrating and annoying when you're indoors, notably in the tv station.

steve

Banned
chubigans said:
I feel the same way. Looking at media and movies I'm like, "how on earth do they do all that amazin' stuff at 60fps?!" After looking at a texture: "oh."

Not to detract anything from the game, as I'm not a texture whore like most on the board, but it's not quite as flawless as the 10 from IGN would lead you to believe.
IGN continues to disappoint. The game looks tremendous, there's no doubt about that. But it's not perfect, and deserves a score reflecting that. The textures are ass, and their review even goes out of its way to mention how great they are.

steve

Banned
Bebpo said:
So now that people actually have it and are playing, which version should I buy if I don't care about achievements, paying for online, rumble (since I'll have a PS3 rumble soon hopefully). All I care about is nitpicky graphical differences like framerate, slowdowns, jaggies, textures.
The PS3 looks and performs tremendously. It's just the up close texture work that sucks ass, and I assume it's like that in both versions of the game.

MercuryLS

Banned
steve, are you playing the game or just walking around examining texture work? The overall look of the game is tremendous, any game can look ugly if you nitpick certain aspects of the graphics.

btw, the textures aren't ass. Some are great others aren't so great up close.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
MercuryLS said:
steve, are you playing the game or just walking around examining texture work?

When you take cover behind objects, there's not a whole lot to look at other than the texture directly in front of you. And 75% of the time, it's pretty bad.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Vyse The Legend said:
Yeah, M4 was nerfed. You hardly see anyone use it anymore.

The new "instant win" weapon is the M60. I've seen an alarming number of people using it.

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed it. M4 was king in the beta.

zam

Vyse The Legend said:
Yeah, M4 was nerfed. You hardly see anyone use it anymore.

The new "instant win" weapon is the M60. I've seen an alarming number of people using it.
How is the M16 compared to the beta? The same?

zam said:
How is the M16 compared to the beta? The same?

The M16 was made a bit stronger. The problem is that at close range it sucks. You'll miss a lot, and you can't afford to when facing someone with a M60 that just has to spray and pray.

J-Rzez

MaX_PL said:
oh wTF the M4 is no more! WTF

That'll learn everyone! HAHA! That was my gripe about that gun... TOO powerful and accurate... I just use the G36C now with Double Tap and ACOG in the assault situations... Actually, I use double tap on all my guns... I didn't think I was going to...

P90 with double tap is nuts!

I think they really nerfed the sniper rifles too though... I could be wrong though...

MercuryLS

Banned
I gotta say that I'm playing on Hardened and it's definitely going to take me longer than 6 hours to beat. Its really quite challenging on this difficulty.

Vyse The Legend said:
I think he means that it was nerfed, and it was. It's not completely un-usable, but it's not as good as it was in the beta.
I'm doing better with it than Beta. All I used was the M4. Maybe it got a little weaker, but I think it's handling is better up close. So I use it alot in close up situations. Also, I seem to get more kills without the left trigger in close to mid situations as well.

I have no complaints about the M4 from the Beta to now. It's fucking great! :D

Shogmaster said:
I'm doing better with it than Beta. All I used was the M4. Maybe it got a little weaker, but I think it's handling is better up close. So I use it alot in close up situations. Also, I seem to get more kills without the left trigger in close to mid situations as well.

I have no complaints about the M4 from the Beta to now. It's fucking great! :D

Up-close to mid-range, it's fine. At long range, it's not very good at all. It's very inaccurate.

dark10x said:
I suppose we'll see. I ended up with the PS3 version.

I find that the PS3 looks better on my TV. I use HDMI set to "Full" on the PS3 as my TV (Pioneer 5080) can actually display the full range of colors (rather than simply crushing the blacks). I also find that PS3 tends to deliver a slightly sharper look.

I've done a lot of demo comparisons between the two systems and have become used to the look and feel of each. 360 via VGA looks very nice, but I use my VGA input for my PC. Right now, 360 uses component.

Are there any differences between the assets used in the two versions (textures, models, etc)?

How does one find out if their TV can support full RGB... I have a Hitachi RPCRT by the way?

Vyse The Legend said:
Up-close to mid-range, it's fine. At long range, it's not very good at all. It's very inaccurate.
It was never a great gun for long range. You had to pulse 2 shot bursts to get good effect at long range.

traveler

Not Wario
How the hell do you beat the last section of
All Ghillied Up? I haven't had any significant problems up till now (The TV Station wasn't difficult at all) but this is ridiculous! I HAVE to be doing something wrong.

Oh, and how do you snap
a dog's neck? Everytime the indicator comes up, I push in the right joystick, but it never does anything.

Shogmaster said:
It was never a great gun for long range. You had to pulse 2 shot bursts to get good effect at long range.

I disagree. It was a great all-around weapon in the beta, especially with red dot. Now, it matches it's descriptor much better.

No_Style

urk said:
Failure of the Fanboys. Already confirmed by the developer to be identical earlier in the thread.

Thanks for the refresher, I guess.

All this COD4 talk is killing my patience. I'm waiting for the potential BestBuy Canada deal. =/

MonkeyLicker

Art does not make 60FPS @ 1080i with real world physics on the PSf*ckin2.
What's the difference in shadows?
Can anyone give a description of how they differ?

Vyse The Legend said:
I disagree. It was a great all-around weapon in the beta, especially with red dot. Now, it matches it's descriptor much better.
I haven't felt too much difference so far. We'll see how it shakes out after I give it a good couple of days.

Party system is still broken as fuck though. :lol

ElyrionX

Didn't play the beta but I think the M4 is fine as it is.

Currently, my setup is the M4 with the grenade launcher with Sonic Boom (higher explosive damage) and Steady Aim (more accurate hip firing) as my perks.

I just love the grenade launcher. With Sonic Boom, the damage is pretty big and I consistently kill two or three people with one shot. Sure it sucks at close range since the grenade wouldn't explode but thats what the M4 with Steady Aim is for. Too bad about the weak iron sight on the M4 though.

Also, does the G36 have the grenade launcher option? I'm really looking forward to unlocking that gun but I probably wouldn't use it much if it doesn't have the grenade launcher.

bounchfx

just beat it.

Wow. Best graphics I've ever seen in a game (photorealistic, at times), and one of the funnest FPS' I've ever played.

wish I had more time to play multiplayer... quite busy lately though.

Hunter D

Shogmaster said:
You're crazy. M4 and semi auto sniper were the best weapons in the beta. M4 was a better long range gun than the M16 in the beta.

Edit- Sounds like the M60 was not fixed. A heavy machine gun should have kick. At least you can't run fast with it like you can with the Uzi. Myself and a couple of other people were killing it with that gun.

calder

Remember that semi-recurring thread we last had a few months back asking what everyone's favourite FPS levels are? We need to have that thread again so All Ghillied Up can win by 10,000 votes.

calder said:
Remember that semi-recurring thread we last had a few months back asking what everyone's favourite FPS levels are? We need to have that thread again so All Ghillied Up can win by 10,000 votes.

Just beat that. Damn that last part was a bitch.

MercuryLS

Banned
calder said:

I can't wait to get to that level, I remember the brief runthrough looking so cool during this year's E3.

traveler

Not Wario
UnholySpectacle said:
Just beat that. Damn that last part was a bitch.

How the hell did you do it? I so frustrated right now it's not even funny. I'm seriously about to smash my controller against the wall. NOTHING in the game has even come remotely close to being this challenging till now.

traveler said:
How the hell did you do it? I so frustrated right now it's not even funny. I'm seriously about to smash my controller against the wall. NOTHING in the game has even come remotely close to being this challenging till now.

Plant claymores near all the cars. Then go behind the bumper car rink and wait for guys to come around the corner. Once the heli lands run to the captain and carry him aboard.

zam

Vyse The Legend said:
The M16 was made a bit stronger. The problem is that at close range it sucks. You'll miss a lot, and you can't afford to when facing someone with a M60 that just has to spray and pray.
Ok, the M16 was probably my main gun in the beta, at least on Overgrown and Crash, guess I'll have to see how I fare with it with the M60 people, sounds like the M60 is the new RPD. Gonna be interesting to try out all the other weapons as well, too bad the L85 wasn't included in the game, seeing how you can play as SAS.

Is there any way to restrict certain weapons in private matches? There will always be people in CoD games that abuse certain weapons, like the M21-sniper in the beta, rifle grenades in CoD3 etc.

Hoping I get the game on Friday, but that depends on how quick Activision is sending the copies to my boss, and how quick my boss is sending them to me, though realistically I'll probably get it on Monday :(

And please please please stop letting Treyarch shit up the CoD-franchise.

mandiller

What no DS version love?

I've been playing the DS version and it's kick arse. Presentation, controls, sound and graphics are through the roof for the little portable. It's amazing what they managed to cram into the game. It's a lot of fun so far. The only thing is it doesn't have online multiplayer, if it had that it'd be one of the best DS games released. But still the campaign is awesome, very console like. The graphics are some of the best I've seen on the DS.

It runs smooth and the controls a good. Double tap to change to down the barrel scope view. double tap down to crouch and double tap forward to run. Works really well.

Top Bottom