• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Eric WK said:
6ewualf.jpg

Now to get a picture from each of the new maps...

chapel

Banned
Updated the OP with more information, this time with info on an Xbox Live event.

Xbox LIVE Fire Weekend for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 11/16-11/18
Get ready for some wild multiplayer action as we celebrate the release of Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare™ with a LIVE Fire Weekend. We've got a 72-hour Play & Win Sweepstakes, a chance to play against the game developers, the PMS clan gets in on the action, plus we'll have exclusive themes, gamer pics, and game trailers available from Xbox LIVE® Marketplace.

Register your gamertag now and get ready for a whole weekend of fun and competition! From 12:01 A.M. (ET) on Friday, November 16 until 11:59 P.M. (ET) on November 18, you'll get an entry into the sweepstakes every hour when you play a multiplayer Call of Duty 4 session on Xbox LIVE®.

We've got a whopping 72 prizes to give away (one for each hour), so you've got plenty of chances to win. The Grand Prize package includes an Xbox 360 Elite console, VIP Accessories kit, Call of Duty 4 merchandise, and lots more!

J-Rzez

So the game pulls friends from your XMB?

DSC03099a.jpg

And a very very nice number of maps in there for MP... They knew a lot of people will end up putting a good bit of time into it... :D

MercuryLS

Banned
J-Rzez said:
So the game pulls friends from your XMB?

DSC03099a.jpg

And a very very nice number of maps in there for MP... They knew a lot of people will end up putting a good bit of time into it... :D

No in-game XMB makes baby jesus cry :(

What's the fucking hold up Sony.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
J-Rzez said:

Plus, IW rock at map packs too. I cant wait to see what they release in a few months.

decon

WANT NOW =( Btw this is sort of off topic but why is it that the pc version always is cheaper. It just doesn't make any sense at ALL. Should be easier to developer for a console than for a PC?

decon said:
WANT NOW =( Btw this is sort of off topic but why is it that the pc version always is cheaper. It just doesn't make any sense at ALL. Should be easier to developer for a console than for a PC?

PC games don't have to pay a license fee to the platform holder.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I finally played the PC demo yesterday and was quite disappointed.

I can see why the console games run at 60 fps as the PC demo was not impressive looking at all and ran very smoothly even on my less than beefy PC. The demo setting reminded me of GRAW which only served to demonstrate how much BETTER GRAW and GRAW 2 look (CoD4 isn't even close). It feels like a game running on the Quake 3 engine (is it?).

The gameplay was the most disappointing aspect as it truly did feel exactly like Call of Duty 2. I know this is another installment in the series, but I was hoping the addition of modern weapons and settings would change the overall feel somewhat. I suppose I just don't care for their scenario design. There were plenty of great moments in previous CoD games, but there were also areas that I couldn't stand. I especially hate those "defend XXX until time expires" missions and I hope they don't fill CoD4 with such things.

guidop

How do the recommended specs for PC visually compare with the console versions of the game ie. If i have a computer with the recommended spec will it look as good and run aswell as the console versions?

f@luS

More than a member.
dark10x said:
I finally played the PC demo yesterday and was quite disappointed.

I can see why the console games run at 60 fps as the PC demo was not impressive looking at all and ran very smoothly even on my less than beefy PC. The demo setting reminded me of GRAW which only served to demonstrate how much BETTER GRAW and GRAW 2 look (CoD4 isn't even close). It feels like a game running on the Quake 3 engine (is it?).

I found COD4 360 much better looking than the demo i tested on PC.

FirewalkR

A question for the devs, and I dunno if this has been answered before (it has certainly been suggested but..) Is there a chance
in hell
that the content of the 360 collector's edition will show up in the PS3 regular edition? (blu-ray more space etc bla and all...)

pr0cs

f@luS said:
I found COD4 360 much better looking than the demo i tested on PC.
I'll agree with this, even with the multiplayer graphics toned down (I read that the SP game has more bells and whistles graphically than the MP portion) I still found the 360 version to look better than the PC SP demo. Perhaps my PC isn't all that great, perhaps sitting so close to the monitor had the defects stick out more.

this needed to be quoted for great justice:
We've never had MP achievements in IW games, we feel they should be kept to SP as it encourages people to just play the MP game for Achievments instead of just playing to play. Therefore you have guys completely ignoring objectives and losing the round for his team because he was trying to get an achievement instead of playing the game. If you want to aim for stuff in MP go for the Challenges which help you unlock more stuff.

This is why I love IW. I *HATE* multiplayer achievements, even moreso when they're ranked only achievements. I'm so glad IW bucked the trend of other shooters and made the achievements all SP.

RavenFox

Banned
Just called a bud of mine and his store might get it a day or two early. Only charging me $49.99 for PS3 version no tax. *Hugs my good fortune*:D

manngc

So COD4 does have split screen multiplay right? That appears to be implied and I was just looking for some verification. Thanks.

traveler

Not Wario
The blogger dude from AVS added pics from each of the mp maps. (from the selection screen) Some of them are really drool worthy. (Fight on a cargo ship in the middle of the ocean in a downpour at night?!?!?!? Holy crap, yes!)

traveler said:
The blogger dude from AVS added pics from each of the mp maps. (from the selection screen) Some of them are really drool worthy. (Fight on a cargo ship in the middle of the ocean in a downpour at night?!?!?!? Holy crap, yes!)
Schwing! Lookin' good.

Defuser

I'm having a bad feeling I won't be getting this game on the 5/6th provided the game shops in my country don't fuck it up.

jarosh

no cod4 pc on steam?

also, there's no shitty region lockout on the us pc version so i wouldn't be able to play it on my euroland machine, right? wasn't that the case with some games lately?

Top Bottom