• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
J-Rzez said:
As of now, sniping seems broken.

Rainbow Six: Vegas had the same problem. Ubisoft patched it. Now basically 90% of sniper shots are kills shots (unless the guy is wearing maxed out armor). I hope IW can patch it.

McLovin

Wow a cod4 thread and everyone's talking about comparisons. The game is good period.. buy it for whatever console you have and you wont be disappointed.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Blablurn said:
Best Screenshot from the game so far

6om6ont.jpg

XDD

LOL

rubso

Banned
Borys said:
People arguing with dark10x over graphics are officialy dumb.

HE KNOWS HIS SHIT

I'll take one dark10x post about CoD4 graphics (dated, period) over 100s of fanboy ones.
so, Calen is dumb? lol

dark10x thanks for destroying this thread.

Bodom78

Well I finally got my hands on the game and WOW!

I used to defend 30FPS for the sake of effects and graphics but no more. This game looks stunning and what a difference 60FPS makes.

Multiplayer unlockables are so much better then achievements, I love achievements personally but their best left for single player.

h3ro

Maybe third parties should just stop making multi-platform titles....

Come on GAF, this shit is ridiculous. Currently the 360 has superior super upclose floor textures that you will never actually encounter in game unless you want to start the Sisstumm Warz on GAF and post a pic comparison... Does that make the 360 trolls happy? Do you guys get off on having a superior version of a game? How does it feel that you guys had to take pics of the floor an inch away from the gun to get a comparison the 360 would win?

Doesn't anyone actually want to talk about the game? Are people still having issues getting into games, or having insanely long "searching for match" times?

Are some stages coming up more often than others, game types as well?

Pug

"COD4 X360 = 1024x600p 2xAA again...
COD4 PS3 = 1024x600p 2xAA too...

exactly the same
it's typically a X360 resolution (1024x600 is an anamorphic resolution use strictly on X360 for full the EDRAM) use on a PS3 game, it's strange
this point than COD4 is a "X360 centric" game (the very bad compression of video point this too, or the difficulty to port the texture panel in the two PS3 memory pool)
PS3 centric game = Uncharted"

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=43330&page=28

p3tran

Banned
after having played a while single/multi, I give my compliments again to IW team.

they really know how to make these games. good stuff!

SaitoH

Borys said:
People arguing with dark10x over graphics are officialy dumb.

HE KNOWS HIS SHIT

I'll take one dark10x post about CoD4 graphics (dated, period) over 100s of fanboy ones.

Though he did seem to be agreeing with Bepo about the lighting being faked and the IW dev says otherwise ....

Anyway, this superior version bullshite is infecting every multi-platform thread. I wish they could take this crap and put it in a separate thread called, "CoD 4 superior version arguement" so I can avoid it and talk about the actual game.

And for the love of god, don't post fuckin' Uncharted pictures here. Jesus.

cgcg

COD4 X360 = 1024x600p 2xAA again...
COD4 PS3 = 1024x600p 2xAA too

:lol at the dumbshits arguing about IQ.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s231/zhangy2003/ps3vs360_10.jpg

This screen shows better ground textures in the PS3 version. AF in PS3 version?

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s231/zhangy2003/ps3vs360_720p_test.jpg

and this screen actuallys shows better texture details in the PS3 version. You can see what looks like little bump maps on the ground to simulate dirt and pebbles. Though the lighting situation is weird. One has lights the other doesn't

Rockstar

Neo Member
Bassicaly I think.

Cod4=Half Life 2 in "medium detail textures", great textures at distance but with poor resolution.

IMHO.

Now, the game it's fantastic, with great scripts, amazing action and are easily one of the best shotters in the year, and otherwise, there are other levels with better textures, for example the cargo ship.

cod41.jpg

cod42.jpg

cod47.jpg

cod48.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
SaitoH said:
Though he did seem to be agreeing with Bepo about the lighting being faked and the IW dev says otherwise ....

Anyway, this superior version bullshite is infecting every multi-platform thread. I wish they could take this crap and put it in a separate thread called, "CoD 4 superior version arguement" so I can avoid it and talk about the actual game.

And for the love of god, don't post fuckin' Uncharted pictures here. Jesus.
With good reason. I'm tired of getting f*cked over with these ports. It's a pain in the ass to convince retailers to allow you to swap for a different version and I shouldn't have to put up with it.

Uncooked

Banned
Phoenix said:
The one thing that somewhat bothered me with their realism is when they broke it on the missile base mission:

While I know they did it for dramatic effect, once an ICBM drops its last stage (which they showed in an animation - its entirely ballistic at that point and you can upload as many codes as you want, there is no engine left to change its course. The only thing that can be done is to disarm the warheads themselves, but their trajectory is pretty much defined by physics. And yes I know this to be a fact :) Look it up if you like.

I haven't seen anyone comment on this yet but I think I can answer it.

I thought that the abort codes that you input detonated the nukes over the ocean? You can hear the commander mentioning that after the codes are put in that the nukes were stopped and there was debris from their self-detonation but most of it was falling into the water. This scene isn't exactly fresh in my mind but I think it went something like that.

SaitoH

dark10x said:
With good reason. I'm tired of getting f*cked over with these ports. It's a pain in the ass to convince retailers to allow you to swap for a different version and I shouldn't have to put up with it.

Then start a separate fuckin' thread to argue about it.

kitch9

Banned
snack said:
I fucking hate comparisons.

Yeah, I agree. I've got the PC version and it is mucho easy to create those "comparison" shots.

Just add a fanboy, and the internet thinks one version is worse than another.

Borys

Banned
kitch9 said:
Yeah, I agree. I've got the PC version and it is mucho easy to create those "comparison" shots.

Just add a fanboy, and the internet thinks one version is worse than another.

Wait, you believe those "comparison" shots are actually faked PC ones?

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
x360 =1024x600p
Ps3 =1024x600p

Well, GOOD TO KNOW INFINITY WARD STARTED FROM SCRATCH ON PS3, USING X360 "EDRAM FRIENDLY RESOLUTION" AND ALL

I know the "starting from scratch" was PR stuff, but damn. Gamers sure are dumb and can't figure out stuff. Right iw.

kitch9

Banned
Borys said:
Wait, you believe those "comparison" shots are actually faked PC ones?

Something is not right with them. I could start a game on my PC go to options and select high textures, pause it, take a pic, go back to options and select medium or low textures then viola!

Instant fanboy flamebait.

I've played the 360 and PS3 versions albeit on different TV's (mine and my mates.) and there is no difference that is noticable.

danwarb

cgcg said:
:lol at the dumbshits arguing about IQ.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s231/zhangy2003/ps3vs360_10.jpg

This screen shows better ground textures in the PS3 version. AF in PS3 version?

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s231/zhangy2003/ps3vs360_720p_test.jpg

and this screen actuallys shows better texture details in the PS3 version. You can see what looks like little bump maps on the ground to simulate dirt and pebbles. Though the lighting situation is weird. One has lights the other doesn't
If by better, you mean worse.

h3ro

kitch9 said:
Something is not right with them. I could start a game on my PC go to options and select high textures, pause it, take a pic, go back to options and select medium or low textures then viola!

Instant fanboy flamebait.

I've played the 360 and PS3 versions albeit on different TV's (mine and my mates.) and there is no difference that is noticable.

Word, I played the PS3 version on my TV and it looked great. Thats all that matters, the framerate was fine, the graphics looked awesome and the sound blew me away. You guys can take your comparisons to gamefaqs or the IGN boards...

dark10x

SaitoH said:
Then start a separate fuckin' thread to argue about it.
What, like the one that GOT LOCKED? Another thread isn't going to work.

This is CoD4 related and perfectly acceptable discussion. You need not take part in it.

I'm simply upset that I was duped once again into believing that the PS3 port might actually be perfect. It's true that most will never notice a difference, but for someone like me, it can impact the experience greatly. I simply wish people would be honest about it. I hate the fact that they, like Starbreeze, claimed that the PS3 port was exactly the same only to discover that things aren't quite as they seem.

Hunter D

spyshagg said:
x360 =1024x600p
Ps3 =1024x600p

Well, GOOD TO KNOW INFINITY WARD STARTED FROM SCRATCH ON PS3, USING X360 "EDRAM FRIENDLY RESOLUTION" AND ALL

I know the "starting from scratch" was PR stuff, but damn. Gamers sure are dumb and can't figure out stuff. Right iw.
That isn't why the game runs at that res. It was done to keep the frame rate up. Its the same reason multiplayer maps are loaded into ram all at once.

sinnergy

Onoes COD 4 is 600p, now that I know this, I might not enjoy the game anymore!
I f I knew it was 600p before I played the beta for 30+ hours, I wouldn't have waisted my time :lol

Mojovonio

Banned
h3ro said:
Word, I played the PS3 version on my TV and it looked great. Thats all that matters, the framerate was fine, the graphics looked awesome and the sound blew me away. You guys can take your comparisons to gamefaqs or the IGN boards...

If you want it to stop, just stop commenting on it and ignore their posts. I figure I'll do the same.

Anyways, So I did Charlie Don't surf on Veteran last night and I'm digging it more than I thought I would.

The Ai is as dumb as shit, so It can be annoying at times.

Such as, in the area before you enter the large room in the TV Station and there's are tons of bad guys, I would walk in, trigger the attack and go back in to the room with the black shelves, stand away from the door, enough to see a section of the larger room and pick enemies off as they came in to view.

But jesus christ on a crutch if i didn't constantly have my guys running in front of me and getting shot in the head.

Its frustrating, but it didn't ruin the experience for me.

I'm taking more of a Rainbox Six Trial and Error approach to the levels now.

Like, Ok, in this section, I know there will be 3 guys on the roof, so if I hide behind the bulldozer and peek out a bt, I can take the guy with the RPG out and then move behind the wall and take the other two out.

I'm enjoying the slower progression through the levels, as frustrating as it can get.

Blablurn

after i finished the last mission

what the fuck am I doing on a plane. i finished this level as well but does it have any sense? and where can i look for my play time?

TheDuce22

Banned
dark10x said:

I was under the impression that COD 4 was not ported and that it took advantage of PS3s unique capabilities.

h3ro said:
Maybe third parties should just stop making multi-platform titles....

Come on GAF, this shit is ridiculous. Currently the 360 has superior super upclose floor textures that you will never actually encounter in game unless you want to start the Sisstumm Warz on GAF and post a pic comparison... Does that make the 360 trolls happy? Do you guys get off on having a superior version of a game? How does it feel that you guys had to take pics of the floor an inch away from the gun to get a comparison the 360 would win?

Doesn't anyone actually want to talk about the game? Are people still having issues getting into games, or having insanely long "searching for match" times?

Are some stages coming up more often than others, game types as well?

When you are a MULTIPLATFORM gamer why should you settle for an inferior/different version regardless of how minute the differenced are?

After just finishing the game, I came in here to celebrate... only to find this thread has been clusterfucked under a mountain of comparison shots.

I will celebrate alone in my head.

Wollan

The controls and flow in this game is godlike. So smooth. The aiming is the best I've experienced in any console game yet.
I keep lobbing a grenade from time to time though due to having L2 as sprint in Resistance.

I log in after playing one of the most visually stunning games I've ever seen in my life to read posts like 'visually shitty' and 'looks like a quake game'

Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

dark10x

Kabuki Waq said:
When you are a MULTIPLATFORM gamer why should you settle for an inferior/different version regardless of how minute the differenced are?
YES, exactly. Thank you.

The reason I selected the PS3 version is simple: I was told they were the same and the PS3 hardware is much more reliable (I'd rather build a collection around a reliable console). The differences are much greater than I had thought. I've noticed all of the flaws while playing but did not realize that the 360 version does not suffer from them. Now that I see the truth, I'm disappointed that my experience is not what it could be.

epmode

GauntletFan said:
I log in after playing one of the most visually stunning games I've ever seen in my life to read posts like 'visually shitty' and 'looks like a quake game'

Seriously, what is wrong with you people?
I think it looks great too. GAF goes a little crazy sometimes.

Wollan said:
The controls and flow in this game is godlike. So smooth. The aiming is the best I've experienced in any console game yet.
I keep lobbing a grenade from time to time though due to having L2 as sprint in Resistance.

I had that exact same problem. It was pretty embarassing in multiplayer when starting out and instead of running you chuck a grenade at friendlies.

Lince

Banned
dark10x said:
I'm simply upset that I was duped once again into believing that the PS3 port might actually be perfect. It's true that most will never notice a difference, but for someone like me, it can impact the experience greatly. I simply wish people would be honest about it. I hate the fact that they, like Starbreeze, claimed that the PS3 port was exactly the same only to discover that things aren't quite as they seem.

couldn't agree more, we know reviews can be biased and moneyhats and whatnot... but developers should at least be more honest when questioned about ports, because the PS3 version is clearly a port and not a piece of software developed "from scratch" to take advantage of the platform.

inner-G

Banned
Blablurn said:
after i finished the last mission

what the fuck am I doing on a plane. i finished this level as well but does it have any sense? and where can i look for my play time?

I think they just threw it in for fun. It's a cool little scenario though!

cicatriz

Kabuki Waq said:

Maybe because those shortcomings exist in both versions? The only REAL difference is that there is better distant textures (increased AF) in the PS3 version. This has been apparent since the beta screens.

There ARE occasional super low-res textures in the 360 version, as well as the PS3 version.

At BEST they are slightly more prominent in the PS3 version, but where the PS3 version lacks in as many medium-low res uncommon textures, it makes up in increased higher-res distant textures.

Neither (console) version is superior over the other.

dark10x

AdmiralViscen said:
That's not a significant difference...

The weapon textures are the same (the PS3 shot is simply highlighted). The shadows seem slightly lower resolution on PS3, though.

FrankT

dark10x said:
YES, exactly. Thank you.

The reason I selected the PS3 version is simple: I was told they were the same and the PS3 hardware is much more reliable (I'd rather build a collection around a reliable console). The differences are much greater than I had thought. I've noticed all of the flaws while playing but did not realize that the 360 version does not suffer from them. Now that I see the truth, I'm disappointed that my experience is not what it could be.

You have done this time and time again. Same thing with The Darkness.

Here's a little hint: stopped being duped so you don't have to complain.

This month I'll become a multi-console owner with the purchase of a PS3, but let me say this, I'll never, ever, buy a multi-console game for the PS3 based on what I've seen to date. I'm not sure how you or anyone else can fool themselves otherwise.

Stop doing it. Problem solved.

Top Bottom