• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Tarin02543

Great game but when the hell will they patch the mp menu in the ps3 version? It doesn't remember my config nor the names of my perks. Please IW, fix that shit.

Hey I have a question about the Overkill perk. I just earned it but Its not letting me choose my second weapon. I want to be able to use a shotgun and a G36 but its forcing me to use an M16 or and Ak47. Is there any way around this?. If not what waste time that perk is.

zam

IcebergSlim3000 said:
Hey I have a question about the Overkill perk. I just earned it but Its not letting me choose my second weapon. I want to be able to use a shotgun and a G36 but its forcing me to use an M16 or and Ak47. Is there any way around this?. If not what waste time that perk is.
You choose the second weapon from the slot that used to be "Side arm".

knee

narcosis219 said:
They're all dead except for Soap. Vasquez got nuked, Jackson got nuked, Gaz got shot in the head, Griggs got shot in the head, and Price didn't make it (Soldier giving him CPR gives up and smashes the ground, signifying that he lost him). That pic at the end was just something extra. Vasquez, Griggs, Price and Gaz probably never met to take a picture because the Joint Op was AFTER the nuke, and Vasquez was dead. If it was only Griggs, Price, and Gaz they probably took it before they went in.

Mile High Club I think was just tribute to Air Force One or something. No ties to the story line.

I thought that soldier was smashing him in the chest? At least that's what they do in the movies when CPR isn't working. :lol

FirewalkR

knee said:
I thought that soldier was smashing him in the chest? At least that's what they do in the movies when CPR isn't working. :lol

Correct, that's what he was doing. So we can't tell if he died.

Of course he didn't, Cpt. Price is immortal. At least in my heart he is. :(

Quick question for the 360 folk:

How big is the leaderboard for this game? I had heard 900k a week or two ago, but I was unsure if that was factual or not. And that would likely include worldwide users, correct?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pterion

FirewalkR said:
Correct, that's what he was doing.
Highly doubtful. You need to punch the heart with pretty much all your might (creating at least 60 kJ of energy), and that's not what it looked like in COD4 with that flimsy we've lost him punch. Trust me...

Treo360

sonycowboy said:

How big is the leaderboard for this game? I had heard 900k a week or two ago, but I was unsure if that was factual or not. And that would likely include worldwide users, correct?

Nearly at the Million point, guess I could make a silver with trial gold and play a match and register no kills/death to find out a more exact number.

Eric WK

sonycowboy said:

At least 1.15 million when I checked last night. And that would be WW, yes.

GameGamer

sonycowboy said:

I was online a few days after release and remember seeing around 890k online.

sonycowboy said:

I've got a friend that's at 1,130,000th place in accuracy.:lol
What are the PS3 leaderboards at?

epmode

Luckyman said:
Should COD4 be constantly loading from the disc when in-game on the 360? Horrible noise.
Yeah, my copy is extraordinarily loud as well. Much louder than every other 360 game I own. I don't understand it.

Troidal

I finished the game just an hour ago.

It was short, but man that's how you do a modern warfare FPS game! It was awesome from beginning to end!

I don't think I can handle higher difficulty levels though... :/

Rapping Granny said:
Everybody go to leaderboard > Kills > change filter > top of the list.:D

Are you talking about the dude that has like a billion kills and has played for 3 years? What is up with that?

Also why does the question of how many peeps are on the PS3 leaderboards always get zero replys?

Rapping Granny said:
Everybody go to leaderboard > Kills > change filter > top of the list.:D

What the hell happened? I see theres going to be a leaderboard purge real soon. Somebody take a screenshot of that shit cause something went wrong there.

zam said:
You choose the second weapon from the slot that used to be "Side arm".

*slaps head* Why didnt I see that before. Now the question is is Overkill worth losing my stopping power perk. Also how does last stand work with Overkill equipped. I guess Im about to find out.

oneHeero

CitizenCope said:
Are you talking about the dude that has like a billion kills and has played for 3 years? What is up with that?

Also why does the question of how many peeps are on the PS3 leaderboards always get zero replys?
People are probably wondering why it gets asked? Do we have to compare how many users are playing on the 360 vs the ps3? And than say "wow that many more on the 360 than ps3? lawlz"

Nonetheless, it wont be accurate since you can use so many different psn on ps3. I have 3 accoutns on it alone, 1 I logged in on to let a rl friend play. 2nd to use with past friends and stopepd. 3rd is my real one.

*slaps head* Why didnt I see that before. Now the question is is Overkill worth losing my stopping power perk. Also how does last stand work with Overkill equipped. I guess Im about to find out.

You dont get a AR when using the last stand perk. You get a generic pistol regardless of what you have setup.

methane47

So I beat the game last night...

After bashing through what seemed like thousands of soldiers in an infinite army.. I was loosing interest... FAST... especially since I felt that through out the whole game I was just being led... I wasn't really part of the team...

And the entire game seemed like a series of check points... Run to A.. infinite army of enemies spawns and continues to spawn until I hit check point B... where my team mates rush past me and wait for me at check point C where an infinite army of enemies spawns and continues to spawn until I hit check point D.... ad infinitum.

Game took me a week to finish because I had almost no interest in it... It was ilke the inverse of Resistance where you become more entrenched the longer you play..

The Last couple levels were absolutely crazy... I was playing the game on Normal? and I couldn't help but thinking... How in the hell is it possible to beat this game on a higher difficulty.. because that was absolutely rediculous...

NOW then... I was playing the game and as I reached the very end... Every thing was forgiven... because of the absolutely awesome ending.. from the moment
your buddy gets killed right next to you..... and the after credits level
That brought the whole game back for me.. I couldn't believe how great that was... I wish every game was as dramatic as that was....

oneHeero said:
People are probably wondering why it gets asked? Do we have to compare how many users are playing on the 360 vs the ps3?
No but we can compare it to other big holliday hits. Of course it's not accurate but it gives you an idea.

"Leaderboard purge"?!?!?! Why so early?
Does this mean my k/d ratio gets wiped out? DAMN!!!

Treo360

CitizenCope said:
No but we can compare it to other big holliday hits. Of course it's not accurate but it gives you an idea.

"Leaderboard purge"?!?!?! Why so early?
Does this mean my k/d ratio gets wiped out? DAMN!!!

I hope not, however there is some (understatement) cheating going on, I for one wouldn't mind a purge of the cheaters.

Eric WK

IcebergSlim3000 said:
What the hell happened? I see theres going to be a leaderboard purge real soon. Somebody take a screenshot of that shit cause something went wrong there.

And where do you see that?

kevm3

I agree with teh consensus that in single player mode, atmosphere-wise, the game can't be beat... However, the gameplay isn't as sharp as it could be. There's no real satisfaction of taking out a group of enemies that you get from something like in Gears of War.

Multiplayer-wise, it's my favorite game out there.

GuessWho

so i got the ps3 version, anyone having sound issues? like sound distortion? Connected through hdmi not having problems with any other game besides cod4? any help will be helpful thx.

I find it odd that CoD4 doesn’t leave any game cache or anything on the PS3 HDD. I don’t understand why developers don’t take advantage of a standard HDD.

Side note, how much would you pay for Mile High Club if it were say, DLC?
It seems like it’s a perfect little “game level” that would work well for DLC and I’d look forward to more levels like that on the Playstation Store. As well as a multiplayer map pack! *hint, hint*

GuessWho said:
so i got the ps3 version, anyone having sound issues? like sound distortion? Connected through hdmi not having problems with any other game besides cod4? any help will be helpful thx.
PS3 version here, using a digital optical cable for surround sound and I have no issues.
In FACT, I seem to hear SO much more than the average CoD4 player. When "ghosting" people, I am so amazed that they can't hear guys coming up behind and around them. They must be using crappy speakers on their tv or something.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
methane47 said:
So I beat the game last night...

After bashing through what seemed like thousands of soldiers in an infinite army.. I was loosing interest... FAST... especially since I felt that through out the whole game I was just being led... I wasn't really part of the team...

And the entire game seemed like a series of check points... Run to A.. infinite army of enemies spawns and continues to spawn until I hit check point B... where my team mates rush past me and wait for me at check point C where an infinite army of enemies spawns and continues to spawn until I hit check point D.... ad infinitum.

So, basically, you're saying you've never played any of the Call of Duty games before.

Danj

I'm getting given the PC version of this game for Christmas, because I heard it was a) good and b) not World War 2 yet again, is there anything else I need to know about it? EDIT: Oh, and I've never played a Call of Duty game before either.

OMG great googly moogly!! I rented the game today and woah is the single player intense. Gaming has definetly reached movie level presentation, I am in awe of what I am playing. Now I am not so sure that its the gameplay, it plays like most FPS, you shoot guys, take cover, run around areas that look open but are really cleverly constructed hallways. The partner AI is excellent, enemies seem to be better than average. But the whole package, graphics, sound, story, scripted events all comes together to make it an experience that has me going wow constantly. Two thumbs up so far.

methane47

RSTEIN said:
So, basically, you're saying you've never played any of the Call of Duty games before.

I haven't played 3, briefly played 2, but I was HUGE COD1 and its expansions..

And the leading this game does is wayyyy different from previous games.. Actually LOTs of times in COD1 you are by yourself... Or when you're not the feeling is very very different. in COD1 you are given ORDERS to carry out...

Blow up that tank, destroy that AA gun, do this do that.. and the game flowed... if you didn't know/check your objectives you would have no idea what to do.

While in this game its more of a
FOLLOW ME!!, k Follow me again shoot shoot shoot, FOLLOW ME... k follow me again SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT.. k.. there is a AA gun right next to you.. blow it up.. since no one else in our squad is competent enough to do it.. K FOLLOW ME!!!!, follow me shoot shoot shoot..

I pretty much had no connection to the game for most of it... I just followed my sqaudies around pretty much... and when they stopped in place.. I had to run forward an extra couple feet .. in order to stop the infinite respawn of baddies.. then my sqaudies rush past me and i follow them again.. rinse repeat.

espionage

I love CoD4 multiplayer, but I can't help but wish there were separate modes for Arranged Teams and Random Teams. In Team Deathmatch it's no big deal to go up against a clan since it's just killing, but in objective based games a pick up group has a very hard time taking on a clan. It can be quite frustrating and between rounds it's not like the teams get switched up to even out based on score...

I think Halo 3 had different modes for their team based games - one for solo players and one where people joined as groups. If only CoD4 could do something like that, maybe I'd return to the objective based team games!

methane47

just checked online rankings.. and I'm not sure.. but I'm guessing there is about 300,000 users with stats online..

I'm not sure because I dont know how to instantly jump to the bottom.. and I can't see any number indicating the total...

But still.. I estimate about 300,000 users for the PS3

Atrus

Gold Member
methane47 said:
just checked online rankings.. and I'm not sure.. but I'm guessing there is about 300,000 users with stats online..

I'm not sure because I dont know how to instantly jump to the bottom.. and I can't see any number indicating the total...

But still.. I estimate about 300,000 users for the PS3

Yeah, about 300-400 thousand. The reason nobody replies is because there isn't a way we can jump to the bottom of the stats only the top.

beerbelly

Banned
For 360, that's 1,100,000 + players? That is not including people who never logged on Xbox Live right (supposedly 40% of all users)? that is scary.

TeTr1C

I'm ranked level 50, and in probably about a week or so I'll be 55 finally. I'm not going to do Prestige Mode right away.

Eric WK

TeTr1C said:
I just bought it on Wednesday and have about 8 hours logged on it. I just finished Feros and I'm going off to do some side quests. So far, this is one of the best games I've ever played. It gives me a feeling unlike any other game. I'm playing as a Vanguard, and it rules.

I'm kinda glad that I haven't played the KOTOR games because I have nothing to compare this to. It's completely new for me.

Is it just me, or is this truly the only game where it seems like every character has an actual personality? You can tell through the dialogue and their animations. It's absolutely incredible. They couldn't have done a better job with that.

Hehe.

TeTr1C said:
I'm ranked level 50, and in probably about a week or so I'll be 55 finally. I'm not going to do Prestige Mode right away.

Yeah I'm not sure if I'm going to dive into Prestige Mode or float at the top for a bit. Hit 51 today.

espionage said:
I love CoD4 multiplayer, but I can't help but wish there were separate modes for Arranged Teams and Random Teams. In Team Deathmatch it's no big deal to go up against a clan since it's just killing, but in objective based games a pick up group has a very hard time taking on a clan. It can be quite frustrating and between rounds it's not like the teams get switched up to even out based on score...

I think Halo 3 had different modes for their team based games - one for solo players and one where people joined as groups. If only CoD4 could do something like that, maybe I'd return to the objective based team games!
The worst part about this is that they had the option in the fucking beta. I don't know why they thought it'd be a good idea to take it out.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Couldn't someone create a GT, and in a random match just fire their machine gun into the air and do nothing else?

They'd have 0% accuracy and be able to see the bottom of the list.

knee

CitizenCope said:
Prestige mode? Please don't make me google.

Prestige Mode is
unlocked after level 55. Your level is taken back down to 1 and you basically play through the Multiplayer Campaign again but w/ a special icon indicating that you've leveled up to 55 before.

methane47

knee said:
Prestige Mode is
unlocked after level 55. Your level is taken back down to 1 and you basically play through the Multiplayer Campaign again but w/ a special icon indicating that you've leveled up to 55 before.

and this is fun/good why?

Dr_Cogent

Banned
I've had CoD4 for a while now, but only this week have I really gotten into the multiplayer. It's pretty fuckin awesome.

knee said:
Prestige Mode is

WTF? That sounds kind of lame.

Top Bottom