• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

HokieJoe

Artchur said:
Having just beaten this game in it's entirety on veteren (including the epilogue *puke*) I have to say that the best tactic for those that get stuck is be aggressive. Continuously advancing is the only way to get through this game.

Also, learning to quick tap the left trigger for the auto-aim switch is essential. If your fast enough you can blaze through 5-10 guys without even knowing they are there...

That's pretty good advice. You have to keep advancing or at least make a way to flank them. I never thought of using the left trigger tap. I need to check that out because it's very hard to shoot on the move.

Artchur

otake said:
that's why its ridiculous. it shouldn't be just about "pressing on". the single player is complete and utter crap.

btw- the ps3 servers must be going through hell because I've been waiting to join a match since my first post in this thread.

It's supposed to be a game interpretation of the chaos of war... Not a tactical shooter. Pressing on is pretty much an essential part of any war I would think. Also it's important to play it on a difficulty which lets you have fun. Save the masochism for later.

aku:jiki

VaLiancY said:
Why must I shoot someone three times in the head with a 5.56mm caliber rifle to get a headshot? :lol This game gets worst for me everyday.
Because the game appears to have the same headshot type as Gears did. Random headshots no matter where you shoot, that is. I've gotten several headshots when I was surprised by an enemy and just wildly fired at his legs. Kinda sucks, but it's not as bad as it was in Gears anyway (where a hip-shot shotgun blast would yield a freebie headshot every 3rd shot or something insane like that).

AltogetherAndrews said:
Bog is down right ugly.
That's a ridiculous thing to say. It's not one of the best levels, graphically speaking, but it is not "down right ugly."

Cruis'n Wii is down right ugly. Ghost Squad is down right ugly. Bubsy 3D is down right ugly. Nothing in Call of Duty 4 is.

HokieJoe said:
That's pretty good advice. You have to keep advancing or at least make a way to flank them.
I think that's pretty poor advice for veteran, actually. Many parts of many levels are insanely frustrating if you try to push on. The enemies do stop spawning if you kill enough of them, so there's no need to get needlessly frustrated.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Artchur said:
It's supposed to be a game interpretation of the chaos of war... Not a tactical shooter. Pressing on is pretty much an essential part of any war I would think. Also it's important to play it on a difficulty which lets you have fun. Save the masochism for later.

infinite enemy re-spawns is really what I'm complaining about.

HokieJoe

aku:jiki said:
Because the game appears to have the same headshot type as Gears did. Random headshots no matter where you shoot, that is. I've gotten several headshots when I was surprised by an enemy and just wildly fired at his legs. Kinda sucks, but it's not as bad as it was in Gears anyway (where a hip-shot shotgun blast would yield a freebie headshot every 3rd shot or something insane like that).

That's a ridiculous thing to say. It's not one of the best levels, graphically speaking, but it is not "down right ugly."

Cruis'n Wii is down right ugly. Ghost Squad is down right ugly. Bubsy 3D is down right ugly. Nothing in Call of Duty 4 is.

I think that's pretty poor advice for veteran, actually. Many parts of many levels are insanely frustrating if you try to push on. The enemies do stop spawning if you kill enough of them, so there's no need to get needlessly frustrated.

I guess the point I was trying to make is that you can't let yourself get flanked. You have to move enough to prevent that at least.

(pc) Well it took me a significant amount of time but I no longer suck at COD4. Took me 9hrs 55mins to get a 1:1 k/d ratio, ugh terrible. Still it's been on the up every since. Enjoying it much more now that I can actually kill things. Got my bolt action sniper rifle scope n digital camo :D and camo for the m4 as well. A few 3:1 kd ratio games as well. The sniper rifle can still be awfully random.

Oh and lol at sniping people with last stand from the otherside of the map.

JoJo13

Banned
topsyturvy said:
what the fuck is up with my cod 4?????

I can't get over 45 lvl.....everytime i logoff it never saves. :(
You and I are in the same boat, but the worst part of it was that I leveled all the way up to lvl 47 and got squat to show for it after I logged off. :lol

Manp

it's just me or matchmaking doesn't work that well in this game(PS3 version)? isn't it supposed to balance teams based on rankings or something like that?

iv'e been in several matches where in one team there was a >40 rank and a couple of >30 players, against a team with all sub-20 players... and both teams were composed by no more than 4 or 5 players... that doesn't seems very well balanced to me.

:)

Seep

yeah it's not saving my stats either [PSN]. very annoying having to keep unlocking the same shit over and over. any news on a patch?

JoJo13

Banned
Manp said:
it's just me or matchmaking doesn't work that well in this game(PS3 version)? isn't it supposed to balance teams based on rankings or something like that?

iv'e been in several matches where in one team there was a >40 rank and a couple of >30 players, against a team with all sub-20 players... and both teams were composed by no more than 4 or 5 players... that doesn't seems very well balanced to me.

I agree, but man don't let those lvl # ranks fool you.

Personally, I still prefer the Sony online server games setup style like Resistance/SOCOM/Warhawk over this crap.

lionelhutz

Seep said:
yeah it's not saving my stats either [PSN]. very annoying having to keep unlocking the same shit over and over. any news on a patch?

I was going to play most of the night but I dont know if I will now since it doesn't seem to be saving stats. I just unlocked lvl 41 and didn't have any issues. I don't want to lose the deagle once it's unlocked.

JoJo13

Banned
lionelhutz said:
I was going to play most of the night but I dont know if I will now since it doesn't seem to be saving stats. I just unlocked lvl 41 and didn't have any issues. I don't want to lose the deagle once it's unlocked.
Deagle ain't nothing compared to the perk 2 stat:eek:verkill. :D

lionelhutz

I have that overkill unlocked but i haven't used it yet. I'm bad about setting up a class and then not adjusting it. I need to spend a few minutes and update them for the types of matches that I play. Does overkill just allow you to carry more then 1 primary weapon?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
lionelhutz said:
Does overkill just allow you to carry more then 1 primary weapon?

Pretty much.

But that means you are no longer vulnerable as a sniper when enemies get near.

Also, if you want to hear some fantastic post-match whining in the lobby, use overkill and choose two guns with the grenade launcher attachment.

lionelhutz

haha, good idea. are there any websites that have map/class ideas? i know there are some good combinations i'm not thinking of.

Manp

JoJo13 said:
I agree, but man don't let those lvl # ranks fool you.

Personally, I still prefer the Sony online server games setup style like Resistance/SOCOM/Warhawk over this crap.

i only played a little of resistance so i don't have an idea of hot it works in Sony games but rank should at the very least give you an idea of the grade of experience a player has with the game.

if you put me in a game against all >40 players i'm probably going to have an hard time. not a big deal to me, but every time i played in the team with the less ranked players we lost. just saying balance could be better.

btw... charlieoscardelta.com and infinitywards.com message boards are full of people complaining about the ranks not getting updated. apparently it all started on friday and they're aware of the problem.

Former gaffer nategc is fucking brutal in this game. Fucking brutal. He got atleast 40 fucking kills on vacant 2 times since he got it.:lol

I swear to god it was me, him and some guy against a 6 team clan. The other guys jumped the sharked because the connection timed out or something. So it was just us three against them. Man we fucking owned, I suggest going against me and nategc. :)

my psn name is topsyturvy.

hell, i even give you nates... He's part of a clan name 666. atleast i think so, he's pretty fucking good.

nategc20=psn

Goreomedy said:
Also, if you want to hear some fantastic post-match whining in the lobby, use overkill and choose two guns with the grenade launcher attachment.

Holy shit why didnt I think of that. Im so doing that right now. The only problem I lose my Red dot site. Either way its on now.

kbear

The single-player is one of the most intense gaming experiences I've ever had... I think I'm almost finished. I'm up to

*SPOILER below*

The mission after the flashback mission... and holy shit that flashback mission was amazing. The stealth and 'guillie' suits were badasssssssss. The sniping thing at the end was crazy...it was like that scecne out of Blackhawk down where the two sniper soldiers made a last stand picking off the massive throng approaching them. Btw, anyone else find this game hard as fuck? I'm playing it on normal and die fairly often. I thought I'd be able to blow through it on Normal. Can't imagine what Veteran is like

kbear said:
The single-player is one of the most intense gaming experiences I've ever had... I think I'm almost finished. I'm up to

The last level right before the credits owns pretty most games currently out. I swear it was an awesome roller coaster ride. Trust me the best is still to come.

Nizz

JoJo13 said:
Is there something wrong with the COD4 PS3 servers, because its not saving my stats after I quit the online mode?

Same here. I got to level 38 yesterday, and when I logged in today I was back at 37. What's going on? I mean, at least it didn't drop me 5 levels back or whatnot. Still kinda annoying...

Servers aren't saving ranks for some reason. Too bad it's not like the PC version and we can just edit a file to unlock the top rank. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I would like the server to keep balanced teams automatically. It's so frustrating to be on a 6 versus 6 match, but then have a couple guys drop out and it be 4 versus 6. SO unfair and if the server just auto-balanced there wouldn't be an issue.

lionelhutz

lionelhutz said:

i lied. it didn't save any of my XP from 41-42. over 3000+ gone.

Karakand said:
I was having connection issues too today. (XBL) The game would say it was creating balanced teams and then just kind of hang on that step... forever.

Yeah I had the same issue. Too bad too becuase I was tops in kills my first couple of matches before the servers went bonkers. So I popped in Halo 3 and round after round faced an onslaught of grenades.

SSJChar

thats so strange, me, my brother, and my brother's friend's brother havn't had ANY stat problems at all. it all saves all the time and if i didn't read this board i wouldn't have ever known there was a stats problem with the ps3 version. of course i probably just jynxed myself and i'll be back at level 45 next time i log on.

h3ro

DKo5 said:
We're aware of the PS3 issue, top men are on it!

Thanks for that DKo5... too bad I lost the four levels I went up today... :( (one of the games I had today was a 15:6 game... my best yet!)

Now I feel irked that I praised the network performance of this game beforehand.

Today was just mussed across the board. Our party kept getting broken up or lost in translation. All of our team deathmatch and ground war games were either lagging beyond belief or never even got started.

Was something going on today? Our party ended up ditching COD4 and going to Halo 3, which also seemed to have problems of its own.

Also, if you're a hardcore COD4 player I wouldn't recommend trying Halo 3 online if its been a little while. It felt sooooo damn slow that I couldn't take more than one game. Jeezus Christ COD4 has realigned my perceptions about how smooth and fast a multiplayer shooter should be.

xbhaskarx

NullPointer said:
Also, if you're a hardcore COD4 player I wouldn't recommend trying Halo 3 online if its been a little while. It felt sooooo damn slow that I couldn't take more than one game. Jeezus Christ COD4 has realigned my perceptions about how smooth and fast a multiplayer shooter should be.

I don't consider myself a hardcore anything player, but Halo 3 multiplayer is close to unplayable after CoD4. Of course I'd say the Halo 3 single player is superior to CoD4 because of co-op and vehicles.

xbhaskarx said:
I don't consider myself a hardcore anything player, but Halo 3 multiplayer is close to unplayable after CoD4. Of course I'd say the Halo 3 single player is superior to CoD4 because of co-op and vehicles.

And I DO love the Halo 3 single player game as well. But after playing COD4 for the past two weeks, Halo 3 multi felt exactly like COD4 when you're under the effects of a stun grenade, only it never lets up. No lie.

So strange.

MrPing1000 said:
Well it took me a significant amount of time but I no longer suck at COD4. Took me 9hrs 55mins to get a 1:1 k/d ratio, ugh terrible. Still it's been on the up every since.

I find that in a lot (not all) of HQ and territories matches, that I have to basically choose between trying to get a positive k/d ratio for the match, or to try to score the most capture points and get the win. I always go for the latter, and my overall k/d ratio reflects that.

It's been a real pain in the ass trying to find a game to play in tonight. It even got to the point where I took CoD4 out and popped Resistance, but after a lengthy update I could only play Resistance for 5 minutes before shutting the game off and putting CoD4 back in.

Halvie

Banned
what the hell is up with the way the ps3 version decides on teams. After the first initial game it ALWAYS has the most unbalanced teams. Top three people on one teams all over 300 for last game score and the other teams barely has anyone over 100...fix that shit while your at it because it just adds to the problem of host drops.

dankir

I think im going to break a controller for the first time in 18 years of gaming. WHOEVER DESIGNED THE FUCKING EPILOGUE LEVEL NEEDS TO BE SHOT?!@?! I've tried at least 150 times now, watched walk through videos, still getting stuck on stupid fucking walls, teammates AI is still unbelievably stupid.

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!@!@!@!

I hate this fucking level @?!?@!?@?!

Top Bottom