• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Oo StinkFist oO said:
Anyone else's ranking keep getting reset for some reason? I have the PS3 version BTW.

same here, I keep getting my M14 kills reseted to 14 out of 25 everytime I log out.

...I need that damn RDS for that gun.

also PS3 version

I just unlocked the G36 and Im about to unlock that beautiful Desert Eagle. I'll be damned if I give it all back just for a silly Icon. Not to mention all the challenges reset.

ChrisD84

methane47 said:
and this is fun/good why?

Well for me, unlocking wep upgrades, perks etc is what keeps me as interested as i am in mp. The few times that i've run out of challenges to go for (well, ones that i want to do), i lost interest quite quickly untill i unlocked a new weapon to unlock things for.

I can imagine this being the case when i've gotten to 55 and done most of the challenges too, then i could go for prestige and start over.

xbhaskarx

Atrus said:
Yeah, about 300-400 thousand. The reason nobody replies is because there isn't a way we can jump to the bottom of the stats only the top.

Create an account, play one multiplayer game, go to a corner and shoot at the wall for a while (if trying to get killed and harming your team is unethical). Look at where you rank based on accuracy.

Raiden

Banned
Wowow wait, about Prestige mode am i getting this correctly?

If you choose to start over, you lose all your challenges, perks and weapons you've unlocked?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Raiden said:
Wowow wait, about Prestige mode am i getting this correctly?

If you choose to start over, you lose all your challenges, perks and weapons you've unlocked?

Yes, but its an awesome experience redoing everything. Trust me, I am level 25 of Prestige 1 (there are 5 I think), and it feels so good to unlock everything once more, etc. Awesome =)

Raiden

Banned
Relix said:
Yes, but its an awesome experience redoing everything. Trust me, I am level 25 of Prestige 1 (there are 5 I think), and it feels so good to unlock everything once more, etc. Awesome =)

But .. i would not mind doing the challenges, again ...

But i really love my "personal builds"

Meh, it will be a hard choice :(

Eric WK

Relix said:

There are ten (at least on consoles). Prestige 3, Rank 40-something right now and it's completely worth it to me.

Raiden said:
Wow, at least you keep your stats right?

Fret not, you keep your stats ;) I just went into prestige, level twenty something right now. Its quite cool to be going back through and i seem to do a challenge a game this time through :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Raiden said:
But .. i would not mind doing the challenges, again ...

But i really love my "personal builds"

Meh, it will be a hard choice :(

I had that problem. Went back... and well, no problem whatsoever, hell I have a better configuration than last time!!! Unlocking the red dot sight for my weapons took a little more of time, but my M4 and SAW are ready to kick some ass =)

Crusade

Is there a specific way to utilise the Helicopter effectively? Most times I let it out, I'll get 1 maybe 2 kills if I'm lucky, and they seem to be taken down within a minute, and if they're not they eventually just fly away having done little damage. Yet some people seem to have them out forever and rack up 5 - 10 kills easy with them

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Crusade said:
Is there a specific way to utilise the Helicopter effectively? Most times I let it out, I'll get 1 maybe 2 kills if I'm lucky, and they seem to be taken down within a minute, and if they're not they eventually just fly away having done little damage. Yet some people seem to have them out forever and rack up 5 - 10 kills easy with them

Helicopter effectiveness depends on the map. In maps like Vacant it won't do much but for Bog/Crossfire/Ambush its really good. I don't have a strategy, really. Everyone can always run for cover.

X26

Banned
Beat the game last night and while it was incredibly short, it was a damn good ride.
The nuke going off and controlling the marine as he staggers around and then dies and the last scene were insane, didn't expect that from a genre where a 'happy' ending is the norm.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
X26 said:
Beat the game last night and while it was incredibly short, it was a damn good ride.
The nuke going off and controlling the marine as he staggers around and then dies and the last scene were insane, didn't expect that from a genre where a 'happy' ending is the norm.

For me some of the deftly handled story elements were the only saving grace for the single player. I won't level the same criticisms I have before, but I will say that oddly enough, the best gameplay comes when Infinity Ward asks the player to stop shooting and introduces some real tension risk.

I'm in the minority it seems, but I really, really disliked the rest of it. Slick presentation, for sure, but wrapped around a really dated package.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
RSTEIN said:
Helicopter effectiveness depends on the map. In maps like Vacant it won't do much but for Bog/Crossfire/Ambush its really good. I don't have a strategy, really. Everyone can always run for cover.

Talking about helicopters... I love taking them down with my SAW =P. Hearing the "hit" SFX so quickly just pumps me up.

VaLiancY

Ah worthless ACOG, why do I keep coming back to you. I'm at Level 40 and I will be doing Prestige again. My e-penis length means a lot to me, especially when I get shot in the face with a M14.

So what makes you an eletist COD4 player is the silly Icon you get from going the prestige route?
I'm only at level 46. I only play about 6-8 hours a week. I would think I should just stay at 55 when I get there.
Just hit me as I typed this(I'm a little slow), so when going prestige you will only hook up online against other prestige players?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
CitizenCope said:
So what makes you an eletist COD4 player is the silly Icon you get from going the prestige route?
I'm only at level 46. I only play about 6-8 hours a week. I would think I should just stay at 55 when I get there.
Just hit me as I typed this(I'm a little slow), so when going prestige you will only hook up online against other prestige players?

Nah, but you will get to face higher ranked people. It's cool... its boring being stuck at 55 for all eternity =P

Worrying about accuracy and wanting to play team objective games seriously don't go well together because you should be laying down cover fire in some situations, never hitting the enemy (but definetely keeping him away).

Crusade

Relix said:
Talking about helicopters... I love taking them down with my SAW =P. Hearing the "hit" SFX so quickly just pumps me up.
I HATE trying to take down helicopters. Such a waste of ammo, and there's absolutely no reward for doing it. Why doesn't it count as a kill if you're the one to take out the helicopter?

Manp

wth? i turned off my PS3 and i was level 4... now i started play again and i'm back to level 2?!

wth is happening?

:)

Manp

well, now it seems to take forever to find a match but it used to be pretty fast before.

this reminds me why i usually hate online gaming...

llTll

Banned
it seems there is problem with the server. i am having some hard time trying to connect to the game [ 360 version ]

its just taking abit longer time to do so. seems like one of their servers is restarting or something

Crusade

Manp said:
well, now it seems to take forever to find a match but it used to be pretty fast before.

this reminds me why i usually hate online gaming...

My friend was having a similar problem. Something to do with PS3 having a static IP on network that isn't static.

Manp

llTll said:
it seems there is problem with the server. i am having some hard time trying to connect to the game [ 360 version ]

its just taking abit longer time to do so. seems like one of their servers is restarting or something

that's probably the case, hope people will be able to have their rank back when everything is back to normality.

Manp

Crusade said:
My friend was having a similar problem. Something to do with PS3 having a static IP on network that isn't static.

having a static ip shouldn't really be a problem. even so my PS3 is set as DMZ so it's hardly a problem on my side. well, plus the fact that it used to work great no more than a couple of hours ago.

Crusade said:
I HATE trying to take down helicopters. Such a waste of ammo, and there's absolutely no reward for doing it. Why doesn't it count as a kill if you're the one to take out the helicopter?

I play alot of free for all matches, and I find it's very important to do. Assuming I'm in first or second, I will make an effort to kill an enemy chopper. Often times the person who wins the match, got a chopper going at some point.

Obviously there are exceptions based on what map it is, what weapons you have etc. But the general rule is if you're close to, or in first, the chopper is a serious problem and deserves your attention.

Do people like The Bog because of the graphics or because of the mission requirements? Because I'm not blown away by the former and the latter is so fucking frustrating. Defending this tank is no fun at all.

I think I'm done with the SP on this piece.

spwolf

Manp said:
having a static ip shouldn't really be a problem. even so my PS3 is set as DMZ so it's hardly a problem on my side. well, plus the fact that it used to work great no more than a couple of hours ago.

if it takes too long, quit that search and do it again... it will find server quickly... thats what it sucks with p2p games.

Manp

spwolf said:
if it takes too long, quit that search and do it again... it will find server quickly... thats what it sucks with p2p games.

heh, did that more than once actually :(

VaLiancY

Why must I shoot someone three times in the head with a 5.56mm caliber rifle to get a headshot? :lol This game gets worst for me everyday.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Man I wish the SP was as intense as the MP. There are moments in MP where I think "why couldn't this scenario have been in SP?" Although it's not often, enemies that run right out you in the open ruins the excitement.

Manp

well now i'm pissed. got to rank 5 and now i'm back to rank 2. WTH!?

there's something definitely wrong going on. and i'm not certainly alone cause the guys i was playing with were talking about the same thing in the pre-game lobby...

:(

Kosma

Banned
Taking down a chopper should reward a kill at least, or maybe two.

urk said:
For me some of the deftly handled story elements were the only saving grace for the single player. I won't level the same criticisms I have before, but I will say that oddly enough, the best gameplay comes when Infinity Ward asks the player to stop shooting and introduces some real tension risk.

I'm in the minority it seems, but I really, really disliked the rest of it. Slick presentation, for sure, but wrapped around a really dated package.

Don't worry there's more of us. Besides the mood, visuals and those few original parts
Ghillied Up! The final scene! The Nuke!
I didn't like the core gameplay mechanic in SP either. Still worth it for the ride though.

X26

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:
Do people like The Bog because of the graphics or because of the mission requirements? Because I'm not blown away by the former and the latter is so fucking frustrating. Defending this tank is no fun at all.

Up until that mission I was underwhelmed by the graphics, then The Bog starts up and I was wowed. Other than that, I thought it was alright

And it's my best map on MP, so yay Bog

Kingpen

I'm currently stuck on Hardened on the One Shot-One Kill mission right after 'All Ghilled Up'. I'm waiting for a helicopter to come and pick me up and about 50 thousand guys and dogs are rushing me, and I have to survive for about 5 minutes it seems like. It pissed me off cause one time I did, and it said objective complete, but then I died off of some random bullet and it didn't count it.
I don't know how much more patience I have on this one part, It seems to be the hardest part of all the COD games I've ever played.

HokieJoe

AdmiralViscen said:

In all of my time playing FPS's, "The Bog" is matched only by MOH: Spearhead "DEFEND THE FRONT" in frustration (on Hardened). I haven't played it yet on Veteran. That will surely be a hair-pulling experience.

HokieJoe

Kingpen said:
I'm currently stuck on Hardened on the One Shot-One Kill mission right after 'All Ghilled Up'. I'm waiting for a helicopter to come and pick me up and about 50 thousand guys and dogs are rushing me, and I have to survive for about 5 minutes it seems like. It pissed me off cause one time I did, and it said objective complete, but then I died off of some random bullet and it didn't count it.
I don't know how much more patience I have on this one part, It seems to be the hardest part of all the COD games I've ever played.

Yep, pretty frustrating. I finally beat it by not letting them flank me from the right. If you hide behind the
tree left of the ferris wheel
, you get cover from the left side of the field. Shoot from the right side and take them out as they try to flank you from the
ferris wheel and the far right side of the map

It still takes a good bit of luck though.

dextran

I just started playing. So incredible. One problem, maybe someone can spread wisdom.
Twice now (I swear) I leveled up online, only to play the next day and see myself less than before. I know this because I had the powerup where you can shoot with pistol before you die, and today I don't have it anymore. Do I have to save?!?

HokieJoe said:
In all of my time playing FPS's, "The Bog" is matched only by MOH: Spearhead "DEFEND THE FRONT" in frustration (on Hardened). I haven't played it yet on Veteran. That will surely be a hair-pulling experience.

Is there a better strategy than "hiding" in the bog itself and killing enemies in 180 degrees?

Trying to nip them in the bud at their infinite enemy closet doesn't seem to work.

Oh, and I accidentally saved over my progress while trying to adjust the difficulty and I have to do the whole lame level all over again.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
yeah I keep losing my rank as well. very frustrating.

also; single player = garbage in this game.

Artchur

Having just beaten this game in it's entirety on veteren (including the epilogue *puke*) I have to say that the best tactic for those that get stuck is be aggressive. Continuously advancing is the only way to get through this game.

Also, learning to quick tap the left trigger for the auto-aim switch is essential. If your fast enough you can blaze through 5-10 guys without even knowing they are there...

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Artchur said:
Having just beaten this game in it's entirety on veteren (including the epilogue *puke*) I have to say that the best tactic for those that get stuck is be aggressive. Continuously advancing is the only way to get through this game.

Also, learning to quick tap the left trigger for the auto-aim switch is essential. If your fast enough you can blaze through 5-10 guys without even knowing they are there...

that's why its ridiculous. it shouldn't be just about "pressing on". the single player is complete and utter crap.

btw- the ps3 servers must be going through hell because I've been waiting to join a match since my first post in this thread.

Karakand

I was having connection issues too today. (XBL) The game would say it was creating balanced teams and then just kind of hang on that step... forever.

HokieJoe

AdmiralViscen said:
Is there a better strategy than "hiding" in the bog itself and killing enemies in 180 degrees?

Trying to nip them in the bud at their infinite enemy closet doesn't seem to work.

Oh, and I accidentally saved over my progress while trying to adjust the difficulty and I have to do the whole lame level all over again.

IIRC, I hid behind the
wall behind the tank
. I just picked off as many guys as possible with those freaking RPG's. From there, I worked my way towards the left side of the map near the
dumpsters
and cleaned them up. From there it's a bit of trial and error, but cleaning out the "infinite enemy closet", hehe, was the hardest part of the level for me. Oh, and once you clean them out watch out for
snipers
on top of the buildings.

Top Bottom