• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

had a red mp5, red g36c, blue shotgun, and was working on .50 cal. friends somehow talked me into prestige. i now regret it but will be going all the way with it.

Halvie

Banned
Hey IW FIX THE FUCKING STAT GLITCH for christ sake...not playing this shit till its fixed. Lost about 1.5k kills and lvls 52 and 51. Great Job ++

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Just bought this after mulling around about the PC price dropping and now halfway through single player.

Can't wait to try out multi.

Halvie said:
what the hell is up with the way the ps3 version decides on teams. After the first initial game it ALWAYS has the most unbalanced teams. Top three people on one teams all over 300 for last game score and the other teams barely has anyone over 100...fix that shit while your at it because it just adds to the problem of host drops.

Yeah, there should be an auto-balance option of some sort. There's been times where the teams were so badly stacked, I've been on the winning team and wanted to switch to make it a little more fair, challenging and fun but couldn't. It's not fun when there's no challenge.

I can usually hold my own, even when going up against a stacked team, but there were a few rounds tonight where I couldn't even get on a roll, none of my team mates had positive scores and I just had to grit my teeth, wait for the round to end and hope that on the next round the teams weren't as bad.

Also PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give me a way to mute specific mics! That's my one sticking point with the game. The spammers can get so annoying. Sure I can just pop the ear phone out but then I can't use my mic to communicate with the teammates that do use them and aren't complete and utter retards.

I almost wish that there was a button you had to press to activate voice chat because sometimes I let loose a stream of explectives when I die, force of habit from years of playing CS. At least with CS others wouldn't hear me do so because I wouldn't push the talk button when doing so.

CoD4's control scheme is so perfect though, I don't know how you would implement a button to activate voice chat.

t4ng0

how the hell do you deal with the helicopter wave of russians at the end of the sniper level
i was playing at a friends and we got overrun probably like 20 times- and no, we're not incompetent snipers.:D

Narag

t4ng0 said:
how the hell do you deal with the helicopter wave of russians at the end of the sniper level
i was playing at a friends and we got overrun probably like 20 times- and no, we're not incompetent snipers.:D

If I recall, the easiest way is to camp out behind the bumpercar area. Its still not easy. :(

t4ng0 said:

what i did was snipe the people on the two left helicopters as they come down. once u finish them off a dog should be charging u, kill it then sprint to the white road blocks near where u kill every1 from those two choppers. stay on the side furthest from where the choppers were dropping the people off and snipe away until your chopper gets there (there may be one or two guys behind the cars in that area, pick them off asap), just watch out for dogs and always kill the guy behind the ticket booth or they will advance on you. also once your chopper lands be sure to pick off anyone in the way of where u are and the chopper, you have to carry your friend to it : \

t4ng0 said:

The game sets it up so it looks like you have to protect your NPC buddy. You don't. Just grab a sniper rifle and a shot gun or AK and get low behind the bumper cars in the far right hand side of the map. There's a nice little area there that completely closed off so the enemy can't flank you or get a shot with out being seen. Just snipe at your leisure and if some one gets too close take them down with the AK/shotty.

Your NPC buddy can't die so let him fend for himself. When the extraction chopper comes just go get him and go. Pretty easy if you do it this way even on veteran difficulty.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
I find that in a lot (not all) of HQ and territories matches, that I have to basically choose between trying to get a positive k/d ratio for the match, or to try to score the most capture points and get the win. I always go for the latter, and my overall k/d ratio reflects that.

I play search and destroy almost exclusively.

Rayme said:

wtf :lol

mozfan12

Banned
Dont know if this has been posted but those on the fence for this game, Call of Duty 4 is 40 bucks at Circuit City from 2/12 to 8/12

works online too

Manp

Halvie said:
what the hell is up with the way the ps3 version decides on teams. After the first initial game it ALWAYS has the most unbalanced teams. Top three people on one teams all over 300 for last game score and the other teams barely has anyone over 100...fix that shit while your at it because it just adds to the problem of host drops.

jaundicejuice said:
Yeah, there should be an auto-balance option of some sort. There's been times where the teams were so badly stacked, I've been on the winning team and wanted to switch to make it a little more fair, challenging and fun but couldn't. It's not fun when there's no challenge.

that's exactly what i was talking about

jaundicejuice said:
Also PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give me a way to mute specific mics! That's my one sticking point with the game. The spammers can get so annoying. Sure I can just pop the ear phone out but then I can't use my mic to communicate with the teammates that do use them and aren't complete and utter retards.

I almost wish that there was a button you had to press to activate voice chat because sometimes I let loose a stream of explectives when I die, force of habit from years of playing CS. At least with CS others wouldn't hear me do so because I wouldn't push the talk button when doing so.
yes please! i was trying to figure out how to do this... so, you can't?

:)

itsgreen

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
had a red mp5, red g36c, blue shotgun, and was working on .50 cal. friends somehow talked me into prestige. i now regret it but will be going all the way with it.

All the way 5-times?

jaundicejuice said:
Y

I'm assuming you're playing the PS3 version? That's kind of disappointing that they haven't yet implemented a proper mute function.

lionelhutz

any word on the stat/xp fix? i played a match this morning and it still didn't save anything. even class adjustments were not saved.

kevm3

There needs to be more kind of statistics and rewards for encouraging team play. With the majority of the focus on the K/D ratio, and even the win ratio, the game doesn't really seem to have too much that encourages working in teams.

lionelhutz

TerryLee81 said:
I just leveled from 38 to 40, then I got disconnected and now I'm 38 again. WTF?

since yesterday they have had a problem saving stats/xp. they're working on a fix but no other updates yet.

I bought it for the $40 at Circuit City today, yes! One of you one of you one of you.

I see that the box says 1-4 players, is that co-op?

Manp

lionelhutz said:
any word on the stat/xp fix? i played a match this morning and it still didn't save anything. even class adjustments were not saved.

they probably don't work on Sunday :p

teiresias

I have a question about the SP Campaign. I've just entered the
nuclear facility after the missiles have been launched. I've gone down to the first basement I guess and I'm in this rather dark hallway on my way to enter the abort codes - I'm sure there's a plot twist coming concerning that. In any case, is there a trick to this? Is this a monster closet (aka unlimited enemies) because I turned the game off in disgust about 10 minutes ago because I was tired of dying there for about the twentieth time. They just seem to keep coming and coming, and I'm not sure if they stop based on a trigger when I get to a certain point or if there are actually a limited number of baddies.

Manp

teiresias said:
nuclear facility after the missiles have been launched. I've gone down to the first basement I guess and I'm in this rather dark hallway on my way to enter the abort codes - I'm sure there's a plot twist coming concerning that. In any case, is there a trick to this? Is this a monster closet (aka unlimited enemies) because I turned the game off in disgust about 10 minutes ago because I was tired of dying there for about the twentieth time. They just seem to keep coming and coming, and I'm not sure if they stop based on a trigger when I get to a certain point or if there are actually a limited number of baddies.

not sure if there are unlimited enemies. i've just rushed my way to the control room cause i was worried of running out of time. if you're playing on normal it shouldn't be that hard.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Manp said:
are you talking about the 360 version? because PS3 version doesn't have gamercards.

Indeed I was, my apologies, I skimmed over the fact that you were talking about the PS3 one. :)

clav

Fuck.

Best Buy denied my pricematch to Circuit City today because all the CCs were out of stock? WTF. Fuck the stupid CC website because it was showing OOS even before the stores were opened.

Whatever. This game is going to wait until it's platinum or below $30. I spent all of my money for my friends' and family's Christmas gifts.

aku:jiki

teiresias said:
There is a finite number of enemies there, and there's much less of them than in certain other parts of the game. You probably won't have time to kill all of them, though.

We can't really help you any more than that. "A dark hallway" is like...every part of that level. :p

zenbot

jaundicejuice said:
Yeah, Halo has completely spoiled me for being able to so easily mute other players. Muting players through the native 360 interface is a really tedious process, and if you've got a game full of idiots you won't be able to mute all of them before it's finished.

VPhys

This game is on sale at CC and Best Buy this week for $39.99 for both the XBox 360 and PC versions.

Assuming I have a 7950gt and a dual core amd processor which version should I get? I have played all previous CODs on the PC.

The great thing about COD4 is that it encourages you to master all the weapons. Instead of just using the M16 or the M4 endlessly, its worthwhile and rewarding to pick up a shotgun and go kamikaze on their asses.

dankir

I finally beat the stupid epilogue level on veteran!

FUCK YOU INFINITY WARD FOR MAKING SUCH A STUPID LEVEL!!!!!!!!

Thank you Infinity Ward for such a good game :)

Any tips someone can give me so that when firing the RPG it doesn't freaking fly everywhere. I have no clue what I am doing wrong, it never goes where I aim. It deviates a little to much for my liking.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
VPhys said:
This game is on sale at CC and Best Buy this week for $39.99 for both the XBox 360 and PC versions.

Assuming I have a 7950gt and a dual core amd processor which version should I get? I have played all previous CODs on the PC.
When did that happen? I thought BB only has the PC version on sale.

Kosma

Banned
Sweet news, I know a guy who owns a cinema, he's organizing a night with the PS3 hooked up to a HD beamer on the main screen and I'm invited :D

clav

VPhys said:

Wrong.

It's $39.99 @ CC for the Xbox 360 version, and $39.99 @ BB for the PC version.

Pricematching will suck depending on store. Remember @ BB. Buy the game, then pricematch to get 110%.

And fuck. I hate both stores.

VPhys

SapientWolf said:
When did that happen? I thought BB only has the PC version on sale.

HaloFans said:
Wrong.

It's $39.99 @ CC for the Xbox 360 version, and $39.99 @ BB for the PC version.

Pricematching will suck depending on store. Remember @ BB. Buy the game, then pricematch to get 110%.

And fuck. I hate both stores.

Sigh, I meant respectively. Basically what I am saying is I can get either version for $40.

Anyway, can someone answer my question?

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Try out the demo on your PC and see how it runs. Its pretty indicative of the full game, so if its running like butter for you, and you like kb+mouse, then thats a pretty solid bet. Otherwise you can always opt for the 360 version. Aside from the matchmaking vs hosted servers of the mp (and, of course, achievements), they're the same game.

h3ro

DKo5 said:
Try out the demo on your PC and see how it runs. Its pretty indicative of the full game, so if its running like butter for you, and you like kb+mouse, then thats a pretty solid bet. Otherwise you can always opt for the 360 version. Aside from the matchmaking vs hosted servers of the mp (and, of course, achievements), they're the same game.

Any word on when the update patch is going to be up? I know that you've submitted them for approval from Sony and MS, but any new info on whether they've been given the go ahead?

I may have forgot this if I did know but what is the level called Aftermath, perhaps at the end of Act 1? I was going to play some levels again and noticed that one was greyed out and I couldn't select it, but I could all other levels. What's up with that?

Also, I remember seeing something about "cheats", but I can't find it anymore... did I lose the option or what? Are "cheats" good in arcade mode or what?

NoirYuki

blindrocket said:
I may have forgot this if I did know but what is the level called Aftermath, perhaps at the end of Act 1? I was going to play some levels again and noticed that one was greyed out and I couldn't select it, but I could all other levels. What's up with that?

It's Fallout 3. But anyway, that's the level where you
crawl out of the wreckage after the nuke.

Seems like the servers are back to normal now. Keeping track of my stats and custom classes. It seems that they also fixed the problem with parties breaking up. Never once tonight did my party get broken up joining a game. PS3 version BTW.

NoirYuki said:
It's Fallout 3. But anyway, that's the level where you
crawl out of the wreckage after the nuke.
Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me and I now understand why it wouldn't be playable in arcade mode.

McLovin

dankir said:
I think im going to break a controller for the first time in 18 years of gaming. WHOEVER DESIGNED THE FUCKING EPILOGUE LEVEL NEEDS TO BE SHOT?!@?! I've tried at least 150 times now, watched walk through videos, still getting stuck on stupid fucking walls, teammates AI is still unbelievably stupid.

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!@!@!@!

I hate this fucking level @?!?@!?@?!

Wah? Where did you get stuck? I found the level really easy.. my top score is like 25,000 something.

McLovin

t4ng0 said:
That part was a bitch but I found that shooting them while their sliding down the ropes helps allot I also went all the way to the back next to the faris wheel and set trip mines all around. They come in a pattern so just memorize where they come from and you should get past it eventually.
That stat glitch thing is a huge problem I've gone into prestige mode three times now first time I leveled up to level 10 in one sitting then the game reset. It did it again when I got to lvl 12 and then again at lvl 14.. and each time I turn off the game and play later I'm back at level 55 :(

Top Bottom