• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Nokterian

Anyone made some cool emblems? Share.

B1rcIJLIMAAAkM3.jpg:large

The dedication and how people are making them are to me one of those things ever since Black Ops introduced to the series and seeing that going to Black Ops 2 and now with Advanced Warfare is very awesome.

CaptDjob

Neo Member
HEY ACTIVISION: I bought your stupidly expensive season pass, maybe stop throwing up pop up ads I have to click through in the freaking game advertising it. YOU KNOW I ALREADY BOUGHT IT. Assholes.

They have been thoughtful though as the A button(in bone) is cancel so you can just tap it away without thinking it. In ghost I think it was so that you need to press B.

Also the stupid Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare text after each game is just so annoying. Why the fuck they do it? We know that we are playing dat game...

Small things but annoying as hell.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
footsteps are fucked.

I hear my own as if they are attached to my ear drums, however when a guy is 2ft behind me I hear nothing.

But on the flipside I do see some people react to sound in the killcam when they kill me :/

EXACTLY the same for me on PC.

PaNaMa

Banned
I don't see that ever happening. Can people go back to no enhanced movement? I have doubts.

I could definitely go back to being a human, and moving at semi realistic human run speeds. Isn't the soldier run speed of COD like 50MPH or something (and that was before exo suits?).

I've long been a supporter of slowing the series back down, and making tactical movement and team work count for something. I don't mean rainbow 6 tactical, I just mean dial back the macgruber.gif type stuff. Larger maps, more strategic encounter (tho not quite "choke") points, less sprinty sprinty rats in mazes level design, where if you stop moving a guy spawns behind you and shoots you because of it. You should stop moving, sometimes. You should down, sneak, plan, then move all sprinty as part of a tactic, like to get to higher ground or to your teamates, or out of danger.

I could go on, but I'm sure most people who feel the way I do, already know what I mean and could probably explain it better.

I could definitely go back to being a human, and moving at semi realistic human run speeds. Isn't the soldier run speed of COD like 50MPH or something (and that was before exo suits?).

I've long been a supporter of slowing the series back down, and making tactical movement and team work count for something. I don't mean rainbow 6 tactical, I just mean dial back the macgruber.gif type stuff. Larger maps, more strategic encounter (tho not quite "choke") points, less sprinty sprinty rats in mazes level design, where if you stop moving a guy spawns behind you and shoots you because of it. You should stop moving, sometimes. You should down, sneak, plan, then move all sprinty as part of a tactic, like to get to higher ground or to your teamates, or out of danger.

I could go on, but I'm sure most people who feel the way I do, already know what I mean and could probably explain it better.

I completely get what you're saying and love those types of gameplay designs as well. But i can't see the CoD series every going that way again. It's a fast paced, twitch, E-sports dynamo now. Far too much is invested in it's signature style. (Though i say this now and they just went and flipped it on its head, right ?! lol)

I think we'll see new games like Rainbow Six Siege and BF(whatever's next) fill the role of realistic, tactical shooter. Can't wait for some RS:Siege action myself!

HelloMeow

Oh wow, if you set the bots to veteran in a private match, it's just like you're playing online.

They'll use all the dirty tactics. Head glitching, drop shotting, camping in a corner and all that good stuff. They even try to flank you.

the items you unlock (armory), some of the items you only have acces to them for a few minutes?

Yeah some items have a time limit but I think the shortest amount of time I've seen is 30mins. Having said that most of it doesn't interest me so I haven't really paid close attention.

I'm still baffled as to why they didn't allow some of the equipment to give an XP boost or some type of bonus for using it. If I see another Bloodshed helmet pop up I am going to lose my shit :)

They better buff the shitty shotguns in this game. What the fuck is the point of a gun that can't engage long range and mid range and only barely can stand up against other gun classes at close range.

At least in ghosts there were ranges where the shotgun killed faster.

I just can't get a feel for frag grenades in this game. It was my signature in past games; cook grenade and have it explode right in front of the window where some dude is perching. Cook feels too long and the arc is too flat. Are people having better luck with the symtex? The stun grenades feel useless as well, i'll hit a guy straight on and often still get killed right after.

How long is the campaign? I'm especially curious pertaining to vet.

(I'm not sure if I'll have time to beat it this week, which is why I'm asking.)

Cavalier

Banned
Just noticed this morning if you reload in mp you lose all the rest of the rounds in your current magazine. Is this the case with all reloadable weapons?

jediyoshi

the items you unlock (armory), some of the items you only have acces to them for a few minutes?

My armory is 6/7 pages full by now. The only temp items I've seen is the bloodshed items which have been the helmet and gloves.

Just noticed this morning if you reload in mp you lose all the rest of the rounds in your current magazine. Is this the case with all reloadable weapons?

You single hit reload to save your spare ammo, double tap to reload quicker/lose it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGOvGT_iZD8

Cc23830

Been mentioned hundreds of times. It's a quick reload but it's glitching so every reload is a quick reload

MattyG

Banned
This was happening to me and apparently it's because I was accidentally tapping reload multiple times. One tap reloads at normal speed and keeps the bullets in your mag, two (or more I'm assuming) taps ditches the bullets left but reloads fsster.

bryehn

Campaign is pretty cool this time around, though in fairness the last CoD I played was 2 on the 360.

Anyways, playing on X1 and the installation never seems to complete, causing the disc to keep spinning. This can be pretty loud when I'm playing at night, is there a fix for it?

xinek

Anyone remember whether Ghosts had good or bad buzz right after it came out? I'm thinking of picking this up if there's a good Black Friday deal, but I don't want to get burned again. Don't remember if people liked Ghosts when it was new and then started hating it after it was out for a week.

Anyone remember whether Ghosts had good or bad buzz right after it came out? I'm thinking of picking this up if there's a good Black Friday deal, but I don't want to get burned again. Don't remember if people liked Ghosts when it was new and then started hating it after it was out for a week.

I recall Ghosts having bad buzz right from the beginning. There were plenty of complaints about the map size.

IISANDERII

I was getting tired of lag and losing 1 on 1 fights like 90% of the time, even long range ones, so I started exclusively using one-hit kill weapons.
MORS with ACOG scope for better peripheral vision, shotgun and railgun pistol with range increasing addons.
My K/D almost tripled since, I am now able to get 500-600 scorestreaks, sometimes even twice per match.
No more frustration during shootouts, enjoying the game a lot more!
I can fap to this.

Phear

I even tried an old DSS 5.1 converter (v1) paired to a set of notoriously small soundstaged DT770 80's for some bass action... could hear footstep positions clearly.

DT 770's are what i'm using, too. Not a single step was heard.

Hopefully it's a bug and will be fixed anytime soon :(

DSmalls84

This game is definitely better than Ghosts was (Up to Mission 4). I wish they would move away from such linear levels and heavy scripting though. The suit, grenade types, and laser weapons are all fun new additions, but the campaign still gets boring. I'm not asking for an open world game, but it would be nice if they would let you navigate the maps on your own. Literally having an npc lead you around the map from encounter to encounter is pretty stale. Even though Bishock Infinite was fairly linear you had a lot more choices in how you tackled each enemy encounter. The exo abilities feel like a missed opportunity in that regard.

aravuus

Anyone made some cool emblems? Share.

B1rcIJLIMAAAkM3.jpg:large

I was gonna post my emblem but apparently it has deleted itself overnight. Great.

e: so now it's this
e13cae5918.jpg

it symbolizes how much i hate this video game i have been playing for over 10 hours in the past two days

e2: that is some insane jpeg compression

They better buff the shitty shotguns in this game. What the fuck is the point of a gun that can't engage long range and mid range and only barely can stand up against other gun classes at close range.

At least in ghosts there were ranges where the shotgun killed faster.

Either use overkill with a shotty or choose your 13 around being fast and quiet. Then use the shit out of your exo manuevers and stay in tighter areas. You'll get plenty of kills.

went to sleep feeling like i might not ever be decent at this game.

woke up and played much better. It's amazing what walking away from a game, letting your experience settle in, and then coming back to it fresh can do for how you approach the game and general awareness of your surroundings.

PaNaMa

Banned
I completely get what you're saying and love those types of gameplay designs as well. But i can't see the CoD series every going that way again. It's a fast paced, twitch, E-sports dynamo now. Far too much is invested in it's signature style. (Though i say this now and they just went and flipped it on its head, right ?! lol)

I think we'll see new games like Rainbow Six Siege and BF(whatever's next) fill the role of realistic, tactical shooter. Can't wait for some RS:Siege action myself!

Yeah. I've gravitated to Battlfield. And can't wait til Battlefront! I wouldn't call BF realistic of course, but the pace feel is more my speed. I loved COD4. Loved it. It may be nostalgia but I think the year or two playing that with friends on XBL was probably the pinnacle of my online console gaming experiences. M16 and tubes could be annoying, but literally that was all. Even WaW and MW2 I found enjoyable. After that tho, it was clear they were moving in a direction I didn't wanna go, at a speed much faster than this old man is looking for :p New CODS are jam packed with so much schlockery it just leaves me bewildered and shaking my head. Yes it has occurred to me that maybe I'm the problem :)

Still the wife is looking for Christmas gift ideas. Maybe I'll give this new one a try :p

kaskade

I wish there was a way to import my emblem from Black Ops 2. Kinda don't feel like making it over again but I probably will.

They have been thoughtful though as the A button(in bone) is cancel so you can just tap it away without thinking it. In ghost I think it was so that you need to press B.

Also the stupid Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare text after each game is just so annoying. Why the fuck they do it? We know that we are playing dat game...

Small things but annoying as hell.

Ads? I haven't seen ads (PS4 version).

Anyway, the campaign is fantastic. I haven't said that about a CoD game in recent memory. Easily the best since 4. Veteran isn't as annoying as usual either.

This game is such a dicktease to me :( I've played every COD since 4, BO2 I played but I wasn't there for launch. I have never played so bad in a COD game in my life than this one. I barely ever get any scorestreaks, and I know some people see that as being a plus, but it kind of takes half the fun out of the game for me. There are so many cool options/modules I want to try with the different streaks, but I can't for the life of me get anywhere close other than using the support stuff. I know i'm not the only one. I've always been more of a run and gun player, and this game seems to encourage it with the awesome exo suit abilities but I've been trying to slow down a bit, and it doesn't always work. I just cant get into a good "groove" with this game.

I feel like there is something I'm missing, constantly dying in 90% of 1v1 battles, forget more than 1 in this game. Though I've never seen any drop outs or host migrations, or even actual connection stutters, it still feels like theres some kind of serious lag compensation thats worse than any other COD I've played.

When this game works, its fucking awesome, but most of the time I'm just getting destroyed and I cannot figure out why. Its extremely disheartening being a long time COD player.

I'm open to any suggestions, currently what I mostly use now is:

IMR with red dot and grip(tried with a silencer but just cant get enough damage on people before they kill me)
Secondary - one shot hand cannon
Low profile, Peripherals, Blast suppressor
EXO ping(launch this after dying to get my bearings on any one close)
Grenades usually vary but I've been using Stun or variable lately
Support UAV + extra assist points
Vulcan
Missile Strike

I also seem to do well a lot with the Tac19 with lightweight, low profile, peripherals, and blast suppressor. I just wish it had a little bit more range or damage.

Daffy Duck

Apart from the UAV with the support add on and the one to see the enemy direction I'm not sure scorestresks are worth having!

Mediatik

I can't stand seiing the people chatting in the middle of my screen , game usually starts fast so I don't have time to mute all ... Should be a mute all section in the lobby

Also the grenades are annoying

Radec

ohh... no wonder the enemies still know where I am even with suppressor and low profile perk.

now I need to use that blas supressor as well.

kendrid

Banned
I can't stand seiing the people chatting in the middle of my screen , game usually starts fast so I don't have time to mute all ... Should be a mute all section in the lobby

Also the grenades are annoying

There should be a mute all option for the entire game. I hate having to pick it every single round where there are kids yelling at each other.

jeffc919

This game is such a dicktease to me :( I've played every COD since 4, BO2 I played but I wasn't there for launch. I have never played so bad in a COD game in my life than this one. I barely ever get any scorestreaks, and I know some people see that as being a plus, but it kind of takes half the fun out of the game for me. There are so many cool options/modules I want to try with the different streaks, but I can't for the life of me get anywhere close other than using the support stuff. I know i'm not the only one. I've always been more of a run and gun player, and this game seems to encourage it with the awesome exo suit abilities but I've been trying to slow down a bit, and it doesn't always work. I just cant get into a good "groove" with this game.

I feel like there is something I'm missing, constantly dying in 90% of 1v1 battles, forget more than 1 in this game. Though I've never seen any drop outs or host migrations, or even actual connection stutters, it still feels like theres some kind of serious lag compensation thats worse than any other COD I've played.

When this game works, its fucking awesome, but most of the time I'm just getting destroyed and I cannot figure out why. Its extremely disheartening being a long time COD player.

I'm open to any suggestions, currently what I mostly use now is:

IMR with red dot and grip(tried with a silencer but just cant get enough damage on people before they kill me)
Secondary - one shot hand cannon
Low profile, Peripherals, Blast suppressor
EXO ping(launch this after dying to get my bearings on any one close)
Grenades usually vary but I've been using Stun or variable lately
Support UAV + extra assist points
Vulcan
Missile Strike

I also seem to do well a lot with the Tac19 with lightweight, low profile, peripherals, and blast suppressor. I just wish it had a little bit more range or damage.

There is definitely some serious lag compensation or something going on. Going from one match to another, even staying in the same lobby, the game will go from playing fine to being insta-killed. Even within the same match sometimes it will happen to me. I'm not 100% sure but it seems to me that when the problem is most pronounced, if I bring up the scoreboard there are a bunch of players myself included bouncing around between 1 bar and several bars. When the game is working, it seems that the bars are relatively stable. I'm guessing but something tells me those bars are not really representative of my connection or the other players' connections. I think them bouncing around is more an indication that the lag compensation is kicking in.

Strider

It amazes me in any game.. People will choose to sit in a corner and shoot people that run by. How is that fun?

But it's even more amazing that people choose to do this when you have amazing exo boosts and shit and the movement is awesome.

I just don't get it man.

ohh... no wonder the enemies still know where I am even with suppressor and low profile perk.

now I need to use that blas supressor as well.

Yup. You appear as a sort of "ping" on the radar. Not your normal red outline but a sort of "water drop ripple effect" ping if you will. Only lasts a second when you boost but it's enough in close quarters. I run blast supp on almost every single class.

Top Bottom