• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Ambient80

Oh well. It was good while it lasted....

The range of guns you can use to even think about getting a decent amount of kills is now around the 3 mark.

BAL, KF5 and the ASM1.

Forget about the MK14, its a joke.
The AK12 gets beaten at range against the KF5.

Urgh. It always come to this. Why can't developers balance for shit?

All that time creating these weapons to be completely fucking useless.

You seem to have forgotten the MP11 w/ laser sight. Makes hip firing lol.

BigShow36

The latency issues are becoming unbearable for me. It's just not fun to shoot a player with 4 bursts and then have them appear to simply spray me for a split second and I die. I don't remember any CoD being this bad.

The latency issues are becoming unbearable for me. It's just not fun to shoot a player with 4 bursts and then have them appear to simply spray me for a split second and I die. I don't remember any CoD being this bad.

BLOP2 says whats up. lol every CoD is crap connection/network wise the first month or two. I just hope they improve this one. Got so much potential.

if you're running at me with a knife and i shoot you, you should slow down. Fuck this noise where i keep getting knifed and the killcam shows that i put 2 rounds into the person and they don't lose a step. that shit is broken and reminds me too much of the darker times with MW2.

Man, I don't know, maybe this game is too fast for me. It feels a lot faster than the previous games to me. You spawn, run, shoot, hit or miss and bam you're dead all within 30sec.

I know, I probably just suck.

I hope it gets more fun if I play it more.

Bacon

Has anyone tried to play the multI playlists with Exo stuff turned off? Thinking about giving it a shot tonight. I think I might prefer it.

Kibbles

Yeah it's terrible in this game

aravuus

if you're running at me with a knife and i shoot you, you should slow down. Fuck this noise where i keep getting knifed and the killcam shows that i put 2 rounds into the person and they don't lose a step. that shit is broken and reminds me too much of the darker times with MW2.

This is something I actually disagree with. It's the future and you're wearing this exo skeleton thingie, surely it can make you feel less or maybe even no pain when getting shot so you can go on with your full strength until you die.

It was so goddamn annoying in Halo 4 how getting shot slowed you down. You're wearing a big fucking suit of armor, why would it do that?

e: getting knifed hasn't been a big problem for me though so if i was getting the knife in the face an awful lot i'd probably agree with you out of sheer frustration lol

This is the first COD were I'm going back and forth with aim sensitivity...Then I realize, "oh, the online is all over the place" Sigh..

BigShow36

BLOP2 says whats up. lol every CoD is crap connection/network wise the first month or two. I just hope they improve this one. Got so much potential.

BLOPS 2 was not like this. In this game there are weird stutters and jitters, and almost every firefight seems to be way unbalanced from a latency perspective.

BLOPS 2 was not like this. In this game there are weird stutters and jitters, and almost every firefight seems to be way unbalanced from a latency perspective.

I feel like it's a combination of not-so-good netcode with the PS4's shitty shitty wifi making things worse. I just bought a powerline adapter from amazon, hoping to make the ps4 work over wifi like a normal device.

it's embarrassing that the original wii handles wifi better than my ps4 does.

I dont get that here... but i did in BLOPS2. Teleporting, damage around corners, killed by people who i didnt even see. That said everyone is experiencing different issues now. There is no doubt in my mind that SH needs to fix the networking.

Bizazedo

I'm already tired of the exo jump aka super bunny hopping matrix dodging suits. Classic COD here I come.

It makes me miss Titanfall. Something about the exo suit rubs me the wrong way.

It's probably due to how you have to push in the left analog to do side dodges in the air / on the ground. With the way my hands are, it's awkward / not instantly doable. I'm really not a fan of the control scheme.

I admit to being biased, though, due to my messed up hands, but it just doesn't seem to control as smoothly / effortlessly as Titanfall did. Titanfall was a g-damn joy to move at high speed.

As a result, I am enjoying the classic playlists much more.

Finally got the sentinel recon exo, half the time I don't realize I'm unlocking anything until I check the armory.

Wr6BMfg.jpg

Have been using the marine exo before that just because of how much it looks like a slightly less bulky version of the AYNIK suit.

That helmet and jacket
drool-smiley.gif

How do you guys get all this cool looking stuff ? Are you playing some specific
gametypes ?

Are those supply crates just random ? They are so rare and when I finally get one I'm always disappointed.

All I get are some stupid shoes or weapons that I don't use.... Oh and you can get the same stuff again. I have two pairs of ugly looking pants and two pairs of some lame pistols...fml

Is there a list with unlockable custumization items ? I know you get atlas stuff from upgrading your exo in campaign and zombi outfit from exo survival. Do you get something from getting all intel or completing the game on veteran ?

wrongway

Tried recording a couple rounds for fun last night. Took the HBRA3 for a spin, and it turns out it's basically my SCAR-H from BF4. It's sooo good, ended up going 3:1 and 4:1 with it. Finally getting clear of my sub-1 KDR. :p

Both are public games of Domination on the PC:
Terrace and no rifle attachments - http://youtu.be/yYEEnQY5L4o
Riot with reflex sight and foregrip - http://youtu.be/ZHlFTmin534

Currently limited to 720 unfortunately. Might be able to get it higher on my old machine, but I'm a total recording nub, so I'm still figuring things out.

So, the animation in this game is great.

EXCEPT

The melee animation is unreadable. I have zero idea what I'm actually doing to people when I hit them. It's like this awkward underswing punch, but I thought you had a knife. Guys appear to fly backward like you've bopped them. Sometimes it makes a zapping sound? I think?

Anyone else think it looks/sounds kind of weird? It's just difficult to parse.

Ilona not wearing a helmet in the
Antarctica
mission breaks the game for me. Legit angry right now.

They actually try to lampshade it with dialog about how the EXO is providing thermal support, but yeah it's pretty stupid.

EXCEPT

The melee animation is unreadable. I have zero idea what I'm actually doing to people when I hit them. It's like this awkward underswing punch, but I thought you had a knife. Guys appear to fly backward like you've bopped them. Sometimes it makes a zapping sound? I think?

Still better than the Duke Nukem-Era kick you do in Titanfall.

So does anyone have both Xbo and ps4 version? Is MP image quality (ie resolution) really that much better for ps4 then playing on xbl and xbo cobtroller (which I like better).

Having both systems, can't really decide. DF analysis didn't really help imo.

FafaFooey

This. I am in love with this game. This is the first time since MW2 I'm at work and can't wait till I get home to fire up my PS4, but last night for example.. I stayed in the same lobby for 6 matches and every match I got scores like 22-8, 14-6, etc.
I changed lobby, got hammered 5 matches in a row with 4-20, 6-15, etc.
A lot of times the amount of time before someone goes down randomly changes depending on the host.

EXCEPT

Melee is like a slice/uppercut. It's cool to actually get one but man does it feel janky and inconsistent.

shermas

It makes me miss Titanfall. Something about the exo suit rubs me the wrong way.

It's probably due to how you have to push in the left analog to do side dodges in the air / on the ground. With the way my hands are, it's awkward / not instantly doable. I'm really not a fan of the control scheme.

I admit to being biased, though, due to my messed up hands, but it just doesn't seem to control as smoothly / effortlessly as Titanfall did. Titanfall was a g-damn joy to move at high speed.

As a result, I am enjoying the classic playlists much more.

I didn't even realize they had classic lists until reading this post. Thank you, thank you, thank you. For me, the jumping, bouncing, etc, isn't what I was expecting or wanting from this game... this is great news.

There really isn't a point to use scorestreaks besides the UAV in this game is there? None of them are particularly good at anything. I only use the UAV with Support, Directional, and Speed.

BokehKing

Banned
So does anyone have both Xbo and ps4 version? Is MP image quality (ie resolution) really that much better for ps4 then playing on xbl and xbo cobtroller (which I like better).

Having both systems, can't really decide. DF analysis didn't really help imo.
I have on both systems
Visually looks better on ps4
Especially in MP, I was seeing texture pop in on my xbox1

Hit detection is atrocious on ps4
But Xbox 1, felt like I was playing COD: slide show

jacobs34

There really isn't a point to use scorestreaks besides the UAV in this game is there? None of them are particularly good at anything. I only use the UAV with Support, Directional, and Speed.

The Vulcan can be useful in Domination, but for the most part I'm not a big fan of the kill streaks.

I'm with you. A bunch of self-controlled bullshit that is more a detriment than a help. UAV, System Hack, and the Turret with the proximity change are really the only ones I find worthwhile.

Hip Hop

Nah, not really.

I'm thinking of just using the UAV, the counter keeps going in one life.

So Hardline + UAV. in 6 kills you would have 2 of them. Much better than anything else really.

The Paladin is amazing. But unless I'm mistaken some streaks don't even have a support version, which really limits what you can use if you're not on your A game. A lot of the streaks are really situational and seem best used in Domination than any other game mode. Customizing streaks is awesome, but the cost that can add up to is ridiculous. I think they should re-evaluate the cost of some stuff.

wrongway

I'm all for limiting killstreaks to small bonuses rather than super-weapons that get you a dozen more kills, but they do seem like they could use a boost from what I've seen of them. Especially the 'big' ones. Like, I tried the Goliath for the first time last night (in the end of the videos I posted), and it's cool and all, but impact-wise it seems unimpressive. The spread on the gatling gun is so crazy that it only seems effective at spitting distance.

Man, they've eliminated kilstreaks so much, why not just go back to everyone having the standard 3-5-7 model?

It was well-balanced and most importantly FUN!

aravuus

Yeah, pretty much everything else but UAV is a worthless pos taking up space tbh

shermas

The classic playlists have saved this game for me... not as hoppy, frantic, etc without the EXO stuff. The usual COD stuff.

As others have said, the killstreaks are pretty weak this time around... other than UAV, they don't really help.

jeffc919

I want to try a couple experiments regarding the net code / lag compensation / whatever is going on. It will probably take me a couple days to do it so if anyone wants to do it first I'd be interested to hear about your results. I think to really get a reasonably definitive idea if anything worked, you need to play at least 10 or so matches, to make sure it isn't a placebo effect, or you were getting lucky with the hit or miss net code.

1) Try different play lists. So far I've only played standard TDM. It's possible that it's using P2P but others are on dedicated servers. I think there's a league mode or esports playlist. I'd like to give that one a try and see if it still has the same WTF deaths that standard TDM does. I think it's a long shot but worth trying.

2) Measure my ping using speed test or similar to get a rough idea of the quality of my connection. Then use a VPN to add latency when pinging the same destination. Aim for something mediocre, like say 120 ms or so....I'm just spit balling. Change the VPN location to vary the ping. Then play a bunch of matches with the console connected through the PC using internet connection sharing and observe if the same WTF moments are happening. The idea here is to try to determine if lower ping players are getting (over) penalized by lag compensation.

J.EM1

Sledgehammer Games really knows how to make a single player campaign. Just finished it last night (a little under 8 hours) and I think it's the best campaign since COD4 and MW2. Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to AW2! :p

Haven't tried MP yet. I feel my slow internet will ruin it for me. Would've been nice if SHG made EVERYTHING available in the bot matches.

Top Bottom