• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Hip Hop

For those saying exo abilities are useless (I think the same), try Exo Ping. Pretty good one there. You can see players across walls/map when they shoot or use exo. Makes a big difference. It's in all my classes now.

I really like the customization and map designs in this game, but obviously I'm very remiss about the lag issues.

Which COD still hold up on PC these days? I'm thinking of going back to one of those while they fix AW up. I own BO1 and 2, but I was thinking of going back to the MW titles.
Same, I might return to MW2.

I don't like the multiplayer maps. I really liked the designs of MW1 and MW2 maps. The appeared more organic in their designs. In AW, you're basically exposed anywhere you go. You go to indoor locations, there is probably 4 entrances to that room, not mentioning maybe openings from above. The maps are just giant flow graphs.

What you're describing is actually more organic than otherwise. Natural environments tend to have multiple openings, flankable positions, etc. I think you're wanting something less organic, that's built more towards specifically creating choke points.

Personally the more flank positions the better imo. In a game like CoD where positioning is so important, having less situations where I'm forced to push on controlled divisions results in less frustration for me.

Same, I might return to MW2.

MW2 is still active, I'm guessing? I really miss the heyday of MW1, I'm wondering if that one is still active.

EDIT: just checked out the player count on MW2, about 4000 a day. Not bad all things considered. I think most people don't have MW1 on steam, though.

shanafan

On the 360 it has tons of hackers lol. I joined a lobby where I could jump hundreds of feet and some dude had akimbo AC-130 firing pistols.

Yeah that's the most disappointing thing. I want to play WaW, but ran into opponents that had invincibility on (or majorly increased health), and it just wasn't fun.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
This reloading thing is puzzling me.

I swear on my mother I am only pressing square ONCE and yet 99% of the time the whole clip will disappear.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe the rumble is affecting it?? I don't know.

Vidpixel

I swear on my mother I am only pressing square ONCE and yet 99% of the time the whole clip will disappear.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe the rumble is affecting it?? I don't know.

Didn't they mention that they're planning on addressing this issue?

I don't remember where we landed on that, but on Monday, I heard it was because you dump your mag when you reload and lose the bullets that were in it, for realism or something. I don't know if that's change. I'm usually in too frantic a firefight to pay attention to the numbers when I reload...

I played it for about two hours last night. It was my first time.

The Call of Duty servers were down when I first tried, so I played a match against bots. It was okay. I later played a couple of online matches, once it started working, and kind of felt the same. It was okay. Hopefully I'll like it more as I play it more, especially when I'm not tired.

I also completed the first campaign mission on vet. I'd seen a lot of it at E3, so I knew what to expect, but it was entertaining. Pretty easy until the final part, where guys come out of every side.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I don't remember where we landed on that, but on Monday, I heard it was because you dump your mag when you reload and lose the bullets that were in it, for realism or something. I don't know if that's change. I'm usually in too frantic a firefight to pay attention to the numbers when I reload...

Well the mechanic is supposed to be if you hit reload TWICE it dumps the rest of the ammo for a faster reload. Hitting it once shouldn't do that.

Apparently it's a known bug.

The Beard

Is the level cap 50 this time around? I can never remember what it is, especially aftrr MW2 went all of the way up to 75 I think it was.

Yes, I'm at 50 right now and my next level is prestige. I'll probably end up taking hardline with me when I prestige.

DSmalls84

For anyone on the fence about which version to get, I don't really think it matters much. I own both systems and got it on Xbox One because the DLC was releasing there first. It runs and looks great. So just go with whatever system your friends will be playing on or your controller preference. I don't think you will be disappointed in performance or visuals either way.

As someone who played 500+ hours in MW1 and 250+ hours in MW2, boy do I miss how stupid fun those games could be. I've spent at least 100 hours in each cod except for Ghosts, which I passed on.

AW is the return of that stupid fun. Just waiting for the PC and server issues to be ironed out, but having tons of fun.

Like posters before, I'd rate the CODs in this order:

MW1 > MW2 >BLOPS2 >>> MW3 = BLOPS1 > WaW

The other CoD multiplayers (CoD3, for instance) were fun, but I didn't have fast internet so I didn't play online a lot.
Where do you put AW in that list?

But btw blops1 waw way better than MW3.

MAX PAYMENT

For anyone on the fence about which version to get, I don't really think it matters much. I own both systems and got it on Xbox One because the DLC was releasing there first. It runs and looks great. So just go with whatever system your friends will be playing on or your controller preference. I don't think you will be disappointed in performance or visuals either way.

This gen in a nutshell.

zychi

Banned

You could just buy the 360 version digitally and get the xbone version for free.

T.O.P

Banned

I was quite impressed with the visual myself, gonna continue the campaign tonight, having lots of fun so far

Linkinito

Is the level cap 50 this time around? I can never remember what it is, especially aftrr MW2 went all of the way up to 75 I think it was.
CoD4: 55 ranks/10 prestiges
WaW: 65 ranks/10 prestiges
MW2: 70 ranks/10 prestiges
BO: 50 ranks/15 prestiges
MW3: 80 ranks/20 prestiges (10 originally)
BO2: 55 ranks/15 prestiges
Ghosts: 60 ranks/10 prestiges
AW: 50 ranks/15 prestiges

aravuus

I really can't get into this game at all. I've put in a good amount of hours now, but it just doesn't get any less frustrating, it's the worst AAA online experience I've had in my life. I'd much rather be playing Battlefield 4 TDM or even Ghosts. Between the excessively chaotic nature of the gameplay, the game-breaking connection problems and the bad balance I just can't play a single match without frustration kicking in. Even when I end up winning and getting a good K/D, it's still annoying and just not fun.

My dislike isn't as strong as this but you're right on it being frustrating. At some point I did realize every single match had a bunch of frustrating moments.

But there have been moments when I've enjoyed myself immensely too so for now, I think I'm gonna let the game be for a couple of days and hope they actually turn on those goddamn dedi servers. And buff SMGs.

Durden77

The thing that really bugs me about the lag is just how successful and similar this series has been year after year. I know no online game can be perfect, but I feel like the series that should be as close to it as possible is CoD. I just don't get how games that make less than half the money the series makes have far smoother online experiences.

zonezeus

Is PC MP dead right now or is it just me? It's been crap for a couple of hours now with constant drops, and at this moment it seems to have died for good, I can't connect for shit.

Ambient80

CoD4: 55 ranks/10 prestiges
WaW: 65 ranks/10 prestiges
MW2: 70 ranks/10 prestiges
BO: 50 ranks/15 prestiges
MW3: 80 ranks/20 prestiges (10 originally)
BO2: 55 ranks/15 prestiges
Ghosts: 60 ranks/10 prestiges
AW: 50 ranks/15 prestiges

BO2 is 10 prestiges unless they added something in DLC. I know because I hit it. :( lol.

There is something that has annoyed me in just about every CoD campaign that I still don't understand why it's still a thing. Why are the sound effects that confirm you're hitting someone in multiplayer, not in the campaign? It weakens the impact and player feedback a considerable amount and I can't think of a good reason why they always do it this way.

There is something that has annoyed me in just about every CoD campaign that I still don't understand why it's still a thing. Why are the sound effects that confirm you're hitting someone in multiplayer, not in the campaign? It weakens the impact and player feedback a considerable amount and I can't think of a good reason why they always do it this way.

Not sure but I honestly think it's too loud in this game's multiplayer; it ends up covering up the sound of the weapon completely. I also wish the hit markers were smaller so I could see what I'm shooting at a little better.

Vorheez

How widespread is the lag issue based off a members participation in this thread and their estimated guess?

Debating a purchase for this evening, worried I will potentially regret it.

The Beard

Gosh DAYUM. How do you people get good enough at the game to prestige so much?!

I sink a lot of time into COD MP. I have my streaks of great matches, but my KDR usually tops out around 1.6. So, like the other guy said, lots of free time doesn't equal good.

Gorillaz

The thing that really bugs me about the lag is just how successful and similar this series has been year after year. I know no online game can be perfect, but I feel like the series that should be as close to it as possible is CoD. I just don't get how games that make less than half the money the series makes have far smoother online experiences.

Their notion is to just "wait it out" and for it to stabilize itself. I don't even complain about it that much anymore because the server problems have been shit every year. Why should I suddenly expect something different this one I guess.

Finally done with the campaign. Veteran difficulty kicked my ass throughout the game.

Also to my surprise I quite like the campaign. Yeah it's stupid but at least it's still enjoyable.

After putting 2 hours into mp I was still getting slaughtered. Switched to hardcore mode and my kd doubled. Amazing what no minimap and no killcam can do.

Camping in Hardcore TDM is out of control. It's been a while since I've played a CoD game, but holy shit. Nobody on either teams moves unless they just spawned.

Top Bottom