• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I have a question, I saw this game on my buddy's house ps4 and the game looked great. He lent me his ps3 and the game there looks horrible in comparison, so jaggy. Now my TV is displaying in 1080p, is the game just optimized for 720 p? Maybe the uodacaling is just messing with it? I knew it would look worse, but it honestly it just looks absolutely horrible, worse than black ops 2 on my wii u, it actually looked beautiful there. What's going on?
But the real question is, does it look better than Bayonetta 2?

>:)

jeffc919

Any way of removing people's name off my screen when they voice chat? It stays even if I mute them

I think what is probably happening is that you're muting everyone and then someone else with a mic joins. It seems everyone defaults to mic on and mute all only mutes people already in the game. If there is a way to default everyone to muted I've not seen it. Really wish there was though.

jorgejjvr

I think what is probably happening is that you're muting everyone and then someone else with a mic joins. It seems everyone defaults to mic on and mute all only mutes people already in the game. If there is a way to default everyone to muted I've not seen it. Really wish there was though.
Is there a way to voice chat with a wired headset on ps3? I would just put it on the plug of wii u game pad, there's nothing like that here

jorgejjvr

It defaulted to that? I've never seen that happen before. :O
I haven't messed with the settings myself yet cause I'm at work, but someone told me they had the same problem and it's that the ps3 updated and defaulted to 480. That would explain why it looks so bad, looked like a wii game. This was also the first time this ps3 has been used with an hdmi cable

funcojoe

I love the campaign so far, much props to the studio on that.

Multi though is one of the most frustrating experiences in gaming I've had I a long time. I average over a 2.00 in ever single cod until this one, I can barely break a 1.00. What the hell is going on?

I mean I see there are no choke points anymore and flanking opportunities everywhere, should I try and stop playing a far range game and just spam a smg all day?

Also why even put snipers in this game, lol. Ridiculous.

RS4-

What the fuck is up with this game, twice now. I've died and it took 20 seconds to respawn.

Now I've had a complete lock up upon death and have to quit to xmb and restart.

Multi though is one of the most frustrating experiences in gaming I've had I a long time. I average over a 2.00 in ever single cod until this one, I can barely break a 1.00. What the hell is going on?

I mean I see there are no choke points anymore and flanking opportunities everywhere, should I try and stop playing a far range game and just spam a smg all day?

I think a lot of people are having a hard time getting their k/d above 1. I'm now finally at 1.05 after about 8 hours of play. Which is still extremely low, but that doesn't mean I'm not having fun, lol.

Also, why do you say snipers shouldn't be in the game? I've been sniped many times and have also played against some really great quick scopers.

It's just different, I'm sure you weren't great at COD the very first time you played, and yeah this is still COD at it's core but it's changed a lot. I think trying to rely on what you know instead of learning all over again will hold you back.

I usually run and gun so I can cover my rear as much as possible, but I've tried a slower paced method with longer range weapons and it works, you just have to move immediately after you get a kill. I've seen people do fine with snipers, they're just not dominant anymore. Honestly they just need to nerf assault rifles; the rest are pretty balanced.

I'm considering picking up a PS3 version to compliment my PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS4 version.

I only played it for an hour pre-release and hardly remember it, how is it?

funcojoe

Sorry I meant with snipes I feel the maps are more designed for a faster type of play. The guys I have seen using snipes to their advantage are on f ing God level, double jump dash quick scoping me. I just dropped my controller like WTF.

Another thing I've noticed is I have never in my life playing cod been placed in rooms where everyone is as good or better then me. Sure the games are intense and close but for KD whores like myself who loved playing a more relaxed game against bad players it's culture shock lol. I don't want to try lol, I have 2 kids a wife and two-three hours to play at night, I like to recline in my sofa and play. This game I'm back to mlg folding chair out front and center focus.

No. Maps tend to be fairly well balanced in terms of short and long sightlines. So really you can have success with a variety of weapon ranges.

Situational awareness is really important in this CoD. You're not getting that buff of 4 to 5 kills a match from scorestreaks like in past games, so most of your ratio is going to come from what you're able to do on the ground.

Patience is the key. Try not to move on corners without being prepared. Understand that if all your allies are pushing on a spawn and racking up kills, then that means there will likely be a spawn switch, so turn around.

Go PRONE more often. People don't use this enough. Even with my runner class I find myself on my belly sometimes moving from a cover option to another, and people tend not to look towards the ground.

Understand that EVERYONE wants to hit that key flank. Everyone is running around hoping they can get behind two or three guys. So think with the mindset of--how would I be unprepared for this moment? There are so many times that I think briefly that the minimap is telling me someone shouldn't be coming from this area, situationally nobody should be coming from this area, so of course, somebody is coming from this area. I sit on a corner for a second in hardaim, and of course someone comes racing around the corner.

Loving Advanced Warfare.

So I've hit a bug in the campaign that isn't allowing me to progress any farther. PS4 Version

At the point in UTOPIA where you jump off the building, into the river and swim through the pipe and exit the sewer... I can't exit the sewer. Basically, it says "OPEN" but doesn't give me a prompt nor does it allow me to go any further. I tried restarting my system, reloading the checkpoint and also reloading the entire mission. Any ideas?

Thanks!

funcojoe

No. Maps tend to be fairly well balanced in terms of short and long sightlines. So really you can have success with a variety of weapon ranges.

Situational awareness is really important in this CoD. You're not getting that buff of 4 to 5 kills a match from scorestreaks like in past games, so most of your ratio is going to come from what you're able to do on the ground.

Patience is the key. Try not to move on corners without being prepared. Understand that if all your allies are pushing on a spawn and racking up kills, then that means there will likely be a spawn switch, so turn around.

Go PRONE more often. People don't use this enough. Even with my runner class I find myself on my belly sometimes moving from a cover option to another, and people tend not to look towards the ground.

Understand that EVERYONE wants to hit that key flank. Everyone is running around hoping they can get behind two or three guys. So think with the mindset of--how would I be unprepared for this moment? There are so many times that I think briefly that the minimap is telling me someone shouldn't be coming from this area, situationally nobody should be coming from this area, so of course, somebody is coming from this area. I sit on a corner for a second in hardaim, and of course someone comes racing around the corner.

Loving Advanced Warfare.

Good advice.

DAE have stuttering in the campaign on PS4? Like whenever I move between "areas" or something big is about to happen, the game hitches for a moment. Really brief but noticeable.

alterno69

Banned

Loving Advanced Warfare.

This is true and very good advice. Like i said pages ago, the game invites to run and gun, hop around like a bunny and dash all over the place cause it's just fun, but it's also a good way to get you killed, fast.

What you described is essentially how i approach my game, so many people seem to ignore the radar, what you see in it is as important as what you don't see. Taking corners prepared is a most, since you can move around so fast, a blimp on the radar half across the map a second ago means that blimp is now right next to you.

I uploaded a match from a couple of days ago, you can see i did nothing remarkable here, just be aware of where people were coming from. You can see me kill several players coming from the back of the map oblivious of the situation even tho i had probably already killed them there. I've been on the other side and it isn't hard to avoid being killed there.

TDM on Riot

Jarrod38

The mobile tank walkers on Comeback is the greatest thing ever. You can take out the entire enemy team at least 3 times before it ends.

Not sure why but I've found it harder to go prone recently. Don't know if it's the PS4 controller versus the 360 one with the older games but I just can't do it as fast as I used to.

River

Neo Member
Anyone else having problems with the running mechanics on the ps4 for this game. I click I stumble and no run. Previously a click and let up as in not have to hold the button worked in previous cods. Wondering if its just me or part of the larger lag problems. Sometimes it works, buts it rare. 4 different controllers and all work fine in other games.

Joco

Man it's fucking absurd how it's almost impossible to have a safe spot in a map for more than 5 seconds. All the deaths feel like they're just from random guys appearing out of nowhere every 2 seconds.

After some more time with the multiplayer last night I agree. Think I'll stick to the campaign and co-op.

Ita surprising how many people are playing this like other CoDs. You need much higher situational awareness and the ability to read the maps and spawns.... Predict where enemies will be concentrated and expand that to now two to four levels of verticality.

Ita just going to take time for people to adjust. Hopefully by that time the servers will be fixed.

MattyG

Banned
DAE have stuttering in the campaign on PS4? Like whenever I move between "areas" or something big is about to happen, the game hitches for a moment. Really brief but noticeable.
Yeah, I did. I figured it had something to do with the game loading the area or something, but I'm not sure.

Is there any GAF clan for PC?

Ita surprising how many people are playing this like other CoDs. You need much higher situational awareness and the ability to read the maps and spawns.... Predict where enemies will be concentrated and expand that to now two to four levels of verticality.

Ita just going to take time for people to adjust. Hopefully by that time the servers will be fixed.

This. This gameplay is much more reminiscent of Quake 3 than previous CODs in my eyes. Perhaps that's why I like it more.

Ensoul

I used the first shotgun for little while with a little success. Positive one game and even the other.

Have to say using the shotgun and running around like a madman was fun. No one uses shotguns so I think it threw people off a bit.

I haven't played enough of the multiplayer yet to really get a good read on it, but I will say this is the first campaign that has kept my interest since CoD4. The story is still inane and predictable like always, but some of the missions are neat and it looks really good.

Gorillaz

Pretty much. Same with titanfall and its verticality at first. Gotta start thinking outside the box when it comes to routes.

SDCowboy

The lag is still making the game almost unplayable. It's getting tiring hitting a guy like 20 times on my end only for him to turn around one one shot me.

Dajanksta

Banned
This is true and very good advice. Like i said pages ago, the game invites to run and gun, hop around like a bunny and dash all over the place cause it's just fun, but it's also a good way to get you killed, fast.

What you described is essentially how i approach my game, so many people seem to ignore the radar, what you see in it is as important as what you don't see. Taking corners prepared is a most, since you can move around so fast, a blimp on the radar half across the map a second ago means that blimp is now right next to you.

I uploaded a match from a couple of days ago, you can see i did nothing remarkable here, just be aware of where people were coming from. You can see me kill several players coming from the back of the map oblivious of the situation even tho i had probably already killed them there. I've been on the other side and it isn't hard to avoid being killed there.

TDM on Riot

Something I noticed is you have a team and yall are holding down half the map. I play like you do and get raped half the time because spawns constantly flip. There are times I watch that video and I'm like I get killed right here doing this or that lol.

Top Bottom