• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

HigXx

Anyone else having a really hard time trying to spot people in Multiplayer?? Some of the lag compensation is really terrible as well.

This is the first cod I've really liked since Blops as well :(

BigShow36

I've browsed through a few pages and it seems like I've seen the same old complaints I see with every COD game. So glad I finally gave it up and didn't buy this one.
I wish I hadn't purchased it. The latency seems to only be getting worse. Yesterday most of
the games I played felt like 30fps with huge delays, and something just feels off in general with the mp.

Noobcraft

I wish I hadn't purchased it. The latency seems to only be getting worse. Yesterday most of
the games I played felt like 30fps with huge delays, and something just feels off in general with the mp.
Seems fine to me. I just recorded this 10 mins ago.
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...raft&vid=e3ef4b0f-2ed1-4d5e-81c5-58daa78a74ca

I wasn't host in that clip either, I have a moderate Nat type (wireless) so I never host games. I have had a few games with some noticeable latency but for the most part it works perfectly fine. I don't get all the complaints.

jeffc919

Has there been any word on the network issues or dedicated servers from either SH or Activision yet? The issue is blowing up on reddit.

I've seen no acknowledgement whatsoever which to me is the most frustrating thing of all. What makes it worse is that BO2 suffered from the same issues, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Treyarch/Activision EVER acknowledged the problem (or even acknowledged that lag compensation was a thing). So I'd like to give SHG the benefit of the doubt that they will fix things, but the fact that this happened before concerns me. They're already talking about fixing other things...placement of the chat message in the center of the screen, bugged reloading wasting ammo...why aren't they talking about the game breaking lag / lag compensation / dedicated servers that were promised???

Karu

Today I got my first chance to play without any lag and for several hours. And it was amazing. I'm such a terrible CoD-player in general, first hour was TDM, what... K/D of 0,30 or something? Then went on to Kill confirmed my fav CoD mode and it got better. As I learned the maps and especially (!) the movement I had a blast. K/D still around 0,80, but since I don't care much for that, it's just fine.

Favourite maps are Terrace and Greenband. Detroit, Solar and Retreat are also on my hitlit. The only map I seem destined to get busted is Riot. My TDM matches on Riot were Campfests par excellence - that was VERY unfortunate.

As a sidenote my campaign visit: Holy shit, who designed those QTE? In itself they are not that much fun, but can be of service. Making them nearly invisible, melting with the enviroment is just ridiclious. The car sequence in an earlier mission is the worst. The worst.

Overall: Great time with multiplayer, campaign so far enjoyable with some bad, bad design decision made, I suck at CoD.

Does this game allow bots-only local multiplayer? Basically, me playing alone against bots?

yes and is freaking awesome, i hyperbolic'd chamber like that before jumping into the MP. more robust than previous cod with bots

on a side note, so far i hate all maps in this cod (still like ~9 to go though)

Tenumi

Banned
I think what is probably happening is that you're muting everyone and then someone else with a mic joins. It seems everyone defaults to mic on and mute all only mutes people already in the game. If there is a way to default everyone to muted I've not seen it. Really wish there was though.

Totally agree. The only major knock on the game I have so far.

I'm definitely enjoying the game as of right now. I'm kind of fine with how weak SMG range is at the moment. Of course, it helps to build towards speed and work to get engagements in your favor much more than with ARs.

Noobcraft

is it true x1 version is better?
Entirely up to you? It gets the DLC first. The PS4 version runs in full 1080p for multiplayer at essentially locked 60 fps so it has a sharper picture. The Xbox One version has a smoother frame rate in both single and multiplayer according to DF. People in either camp should be happy with the performance.

E92 M3

I hope they change the icon on the radar back to yellow or something. Just to show where your position is without all colors blending. Also, move the mic notification below the map.

zlatko

Banned
I can't even begin to summarize my opinion on this game.

I think I WANT to love it, but I don't. I can't put my finger on it either on what exactly doesn't jive.

I feel my biggest complaint encompasses the same issues that stem from most CoD games.

Die too fast to bullets
My bullets drain into enemies and don't kill them. (Thus inconsistency out the whazzoo)
Die quickly after spawn due to bad map sizes, spawn points, etc
Camping is still the beez neez
No back and forth gun fights---99% of fights are won with who shot who first(strafing doesn't help thanks to auto aim)
No dedicated servers

I think the list can go on and on, so here's what I do like:

Excellent character customization
Great variety of weapons---love the auto shotty in particular for a few maps
Love the pick 13 and the variety there
Campaign, from what I played, looked incredible

That's about it.

Oh and as a side negative for its own accord----that infected game type is some of the shittiest design ever. It lasts like 2 minutes, and it's over. It should be 5 rounds long or something. Jeepers. :/

harrytang

Seems fine to me. I just recorded this 10 mins ago.
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...raft&vid=e3ef4b0f-2ed1-4d5e-81c5-58daa78a74ca

I wasn't host in that clip either, I have a moderate Nat type (wireless) so I never host games. I have had a few games with some noticeable latency but for the most part it works perfectly fine. I don't get all the complaints.

arent these the types of situations that the net code is compensating for? wireless connections and moderate Nat types? you wouldnt see the lag but everyone else would right?

MightyAlpha

Neo Member
So I've hit a bug in the campaign that isn't allowing me to progress any farther. PS4 Version

Thanks!

I had a similar problem during another mission where I couldn't aim during a QTE. It wouldn't respond to my inputs.
Not an ideal solution, but restarting the mission fixed the problem for me.

Game is kind of unpredictable now since everyone has jet packs. Also feels unplayable in multiplayer on ps3. Is this a thing CodGAF?

Entirely up to you? It gets the DLC first. The PS4 version runs in full 1080p for multiplayer at essentially locked 60 fps so it has a sharper picture. The Xbox One version has a smoother frame rate in both single and multiplayer according to DF. People in either camp should be happy with the performance.

the smoother framerate is what im reading about

i just got a SSO bundle so im confused now whether to go with ps4 or x1

Noobcraft

arent these the types of situations that the net code is compensating for? wireless connections and moderate Nat types? you wouldnt see the lag but everyone else would right?
Possibly? I have a wireless N router and I ping the Titanfall servers at 50 ms for north central US (best) and 98ms for west US (worst). Even West Europe is only 133 ms and North Europe is 142 ms. I have pretty decent internet (30mb down, 3mb up).

Tubie

Only in single, MP is essentially 60FPS locked on both.

Noobcraft

Only in single, they only found 2 frame drops to the 50s in their test on PS4 during MP and they were both during killcams.
Right but it still averaged lower than the XB1 version in multiplayer. Gameplay should be more or less identical since killcams are secondary but it still ran more consistently on the XB1 version (just at a lower resolution).

The Beard

To those saying Killstreaks are useless. Yesterday I saw bombing run destroy my entire team twice. I've also been doing pretty well with Juggernaut (forgot new name), with 5 or 6 kills each time.

Revson

This is the most unsatisfying cod to date. Almost every game I get 35-50+ kills with 20-30+ deaths, most of which are just impossible to avoid. I just shouldn't be dying this much to random players.

sam777

This is the most unsatisfying cod to date. Almost every game I get 35-50+ kills with 20-30+ deaths, most of which are just impossible to avoid. I just shouldn't be dying this much to random players.

Yep, you literally get killed left, right and centre in this, which is ridiculous.

Can u permanently set mute all? I'm tired of babies, racism, and circle jerking players.

All of that is key to the Call of Duty experience. The developers couldn't be troubled with a simple "Voice Chat Off" option.

However, if I'm not mistaken, you can make a private party on PS4 and set the voice chat priority to Party Only.

Right but it still averaged lower than the XB1 version in multiplayer. Gameplay should be more or less identical since killcams are secondary but it still ran more consistently on the XB1 version (just at a lower resolution).

The actual gameplay runs identical on both. You can't claim the Xbox runs the game smoother based on 2 frame drops during kill cams. You are reaching with that one.

Vidpixel

Can u permanently set mute all? I'm tired of babies, racism, and circle jerking players.

This is what I want to know. I'm tired of constantly having to set players to mute before each and every match. It's just the way I prefer to play my games online, unless I'm with friends of course.

I guess I've been lucky enough to avoid the downsides of lag compensation. I'll occasionally look at latency and see my bar jump from red to full multiple times a match, with everyone else behaving the sameway, but this hasn't really materalized into anything noticable in the moment to moment gunplay.

Some typical CoD deaths where you go "hm? not sure about that one", but nothing particularly egregious compared to some of the stuff I've seen in past games.

the smoother framerate is what im reading about

i just got a SSO bundle so im confused now whether to go with ps4 or x1

I was in the same boat but bought on X1 since I have more friends playing on there. I much prefer my PS4 and the DualShock 4, but I don't regret the decision at all...buy where you're most likely to play with friends!

I don't like the multiplayer maps. I really liked the designs of MW1 and MW2 maps. The appeared more organic in their designs. In AW, you're basically exposed anywhere you go. You go to indoor locations, there is probably 4 entrances to that room, not mentioning maybe openings from above. The maps are just giant flow graphs.

I really like the customization and map designs in this game, but obviously I'm very remiss about the lag issues.

Which COD still hold up on PC these days? I'm thinking of going back to one of those while they fix AW up. I own BO1 and 2, but I was thinking of going back to the MW titles.

Top Bottom