• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Duxxy3

Man, the reactions to this game have done a complete 180 since the first couple days.

Very interesting!

When the connection is good, it's a great game. When the connection is bad... well it doesn't matter how good the game is, the connection ruins the experience.

popeutlal

My K/D is slowly going up, from .99 to 1.07. I limit the use of the bunny hopping abilities and now I'm much better. Jumping around just exposes you to everyone.

My Dark Knight is almost complete!

N117H7z.jpg

Hugstable

Banned
Sucks to hear about the MP, I had alot of trouble with it yesterday myself to where a game would start and just randomly end after 1 minute for everyone. I'm not gonna be to upset about it myself since I'm not big on the multiplayer stuff and I got my moneys worth out the Single Player and probably will enjoy alot of Co-op Exo Survival. But it really does suck for those who primarily buy these games for the sole purpose of playing online (and looking at trophy stats for PSN, it seems most do play this game for the Multiplayer as only 8% have beaten the game, and only 16% have gotten halfway through the game to da twists. I really do feel like the odd one out for playing these games for it's single player now XD. I'm already at 90% completion for the trophies, just have the exo-survival stuff now.

You lucked out. Ghosts sucked, but was leaps and bounds better than AW. AW has a solid and amazing SP, but Ghosts MP, as bad as it was, was infinitely better than the current state of MP in AW.

Ghosts was fucking trash. Even if they added servers to the point where everyone had single digit ping times, it would still be trash.

fozzy

On xbox one does anyone ever start the game it's like its kind of stuttering along. Like two versions of the game are trying to run. I have to power cycle to get it smooth again.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I've fallen in love with the hard shield.

No one knows how to fight against them. I love when someone tries to jump over me. All I have to do is double jump straight up, and then ground pound them. The overcharge perk extends the range of death from above. If you don't instantly kill them, they get rocked by splash damage and then you can just melee bash them. This makes games of domination a cakewalk. And oh, the glorious post-kill whining(especially if you plant the shield above a fallen person's head like a tombstone)!

Just read about Atlast Gorge...Any chance that will eventually be free!??

So greedy that they'd do that, I really would love to play a COD4 remake map

Just read about Atlast Gorge...Any chance that will eventually be free!??

So greedy that they'd do that, I really would love to play a COD4 remake map
Well Nuketown 2025 and Freefall were both exclusive to special deal maps that were made free a couple of months after launch, so I'd hope that Gorge would be too.

While the maps are better than Ghosts, they still suck. All of them.

I agree. It's one of the most disappointing things about the game. The maps really remind me of the ones in MW3.

I don't even have favorite maps in this game. There are just some I prefer to play on than others. The jungle map is particularly awful. Also, the map aesthetics in this game might be the worst they've been in the series.

BigShow36

I agree. It's one of the most disappointing things about the game. The maps really remind me of the ones in MW3.

I don't even have favorite maps in this game. There are just some I prefer to play on than others. The jungle map is particularly awful. Also, the map aesthetics in this game might be the worst they've been in the series.

Yeah, most of them are really bad. A lot of random angles and a lot of areas where seeing other players is very difficult.

The only maps that are decent enough to have made an impression on me are Recovery, Retreat, and Riot. I don't remember the names of any of the other ones but I do know that I hate the jungle ones.

I do like those three I named though.

I think the maps are actually really good. Good sight lines, good verticality; places to perch for a short time but nothing dominant in that regard (because every place is accessible with a quick jump unlike older COD's where you could just lay a claymore by the door and snipe out the window). The problem for me is the spawning which is why you're always getting hit in the back. The system purposefully makes dudes appear from every possible direction; it's maddening.

aravuus

b4d44992d2.jpg

Nice. Dat godlike matchmaking.

Also, got the ORB thumb grips for my Dualshock 4 cause the rubber on the sticks is practically nonexistant now, and unfortunately I think that means I'll be doing even loss boost dashing around now. The added stick height makes trying to click the stick when going right or down a bit of a pain. Really wish devs would start adding actually customizable controls for their games.

Have you tried Uplink ? It's sort of like CTF but it's a bit more intense. It's really fun.
Not being able to see how many players are in each mode is a pain. I haven't tried to play anything other than Dom outside of peak hours because I don't want to get stuck in a lobby that isn't being filled.

Played both versions, PS4 version is clearly the better version, resolution is perfect and i found the image quality to be better, but not by much. Online play has its problems on both the PS4 and Xbox. Didn't MS say that all their games would have dedicated servers ?

But the game is amazing imo. One of the best COD since MW. The mobility is amazing and super fast and fun.

Love everything about it other than online which bugs sometimes but still playable.

I guess Sledgehammer are working on a patch...

Well Nuketown 2025 and Freefall were both exclusive to special deal maps that were made free a couple of months after launch, so I'd hope that Gorge would be too.

Months? ... :(

Also, the map aesthetics in this game might be the worst they've been in the series.

This is my problem. I played all the maps now, yet felt like I've only been playing through the same 5 or 6, because most of them just feel the same aesthetically.

I dont know why sci-fi games seem to lack creativity in this regard. I know maps are based on the campaign, but it would have been nice to have maps just designed in their own direction, aesthetically.

This is where I expect the DLC to do the work, but I do not want to pay for new maps and don't like the idea of the community splitting so horribly.

If they end up fixing the game's issues (TTK, spawning, dedicated servers), maybe I'll enjoy it enough to actually getting the season pass, as insane as that sounds to me for a COD game.

I've also said it before:

I wish people would push for respawn timer in TDM. I just feel like it would be refreshing and less frustrating.

The Beard

Some games I agree with you totally. I do nothing different yet got 5-26 next game I go 26-13, it just seems so random

Those games where you lose every single face to face gunfight, then somebody throws a random grenade 100 yards and it lands at your feet right after you've just spawned. Game ends and you're -10. Yeah, I've been there.

Then the very next match in the same lobby, I'll own everyone. Game ends and I'm +15.

The cycle begins.

Advanced Warfare > Treyarchs next game.
Well if Treyarch's next game is another near - future installment without exo suits, then AW will be better in that regard. I can forgive no exos if they go back to WW2.

Treyarch can fit exos into their Black Ops universe pretty easily while still not being a riff of AW. BO2 was set in 2025 and AW is 2054. If BO3 is set in 2035+ they can get away with exos.

HiiiLife

Advanced Warfare multiplayer is sucking primarily because of lag, whereas Ghosts sucked because it was a bad game. AW's mechanics are incredible, they just need to do some serious tweaking to a few things. Of course, this is my opinion.

Yeah the lag is horrendous.

Well if Treyarch's next game is another near - future installment without exo suits, then AW will be better in that regard. I can forgive no exos if they go back to WW2.

Treyarch can fit exos into their Black Ops universe pretty easily while still not being a riff of AW. BO2 was set in 2025 and AW is 2054. If BO3 is set in 2035+ they can get away with exos.

Agreed.

i just placed 1st in a match and didn't even use boost or dash.
using the exo just draws attention to you.

I use the Blast suppressor all day everyday.

There are definitely a few times I catch exo users on my radar.

Speaking of which, why don't most people run Low Profile + Blast suppressor?

I am seeing an awful lot of people not using UAV protection, which is odd seeing as most people in previous games would run it.

I use the Blast suppressor all day everyday.

There are definitely a few times I catch exo users on my radar.

Speaking of which, why don't most people run the perk that hides you from UAV + Blast suppressor?

I am seeing an awful lot of people not using UAV protection, which is odd seeing as most people in previous games would run it.
On my Assault class I use the Perk 1 and 3 Greeds. I run Lightweight+Low Profile, Peripherals, and Toughness+Blast Suppressor.

I also have only one scorestreak, the UAV with Support, Directional, and Update bonuses.

I've been watching the minimap the past few games and have been catching people using their exo movements.

Speaking of which, why don't most people run Low Profile + Blast suppressor?

I'm shocked more people don't run 5 or 6 perks instead of scorestreaks entirely. I've been running 6 perks, no scorestreaks, because fuck em. You die so frequently that getting the higher scorestreaks is difficult and then when you do get them they are relatively worthless.

Noobcraft

I'm shocked more people don't run 5 or 6 perks instead of scorestreaks entirely. I've been running 6 perks, no scorestreaks, because fuck em. You die so frequently that getting the higher scorestreaks is difficult and then when you do get them they are relatively worthless.
UAV is super useful and can change the tide of the game. It's hands down the most useful scorestreak. The other ones pretty much suck though.

RedAssedApe

Banned
i think i know how i need to personally play this game. trying to go with a stealth build

dumped two kill streaks and only equip one grenade. using wild cards to stock up on extra perks or attachments

- overcharge and exo-ping (might change to exo-mute if more people start using low profile)
- any ar w/ silencer and parabola thing. using hbra right now. so far being using target sight but might be able to drop that if i find a gun with good iron sight. attachment that makes your ads faster or movement while ads-ing faster would be ideal if i can overcome not having a sight.
- low profile to combat others using exo-ping,
- blast suppressor so i can boost and double jump around without giving away my position.
- uav+support. most people seem to be not using the perk that blocks this so its been really useful. having it guaranteed at least once a game can really turn the tide of a close match
- tracking drone. personally i feel like grenades aren't too useful in this game. not sure if tracking drone is helping or hurting me at times. sometimes it gives away my position if it can't find anyone to track lol

basically trying to go as stealth as possible. so far its been working out well for me. went on a nice run last night. went from 1.0 to 1.11 KD playing a few games (shut up...that's quite the accomplishment for me! lol). even though i might not necessarily get the most kills i've been dying a lot less. a lot less raging than with my first few days of the game. :D

Really having a good time with SP. This might be the 1st CoD I'll play the campaign more than once.
Only played one MP match to give it a try. Went like 17-11 or something.. Good fun and I even pulled a dead from above move. Crysis 2 was a good training for that.

I've fallen in love with the hard shield.

No one knows how to fight against them. I love when someone tries to jump over me. All I have to do is double jump straight up, and then ground pound them. The overcharge perk extends the range of death from above. If you don't instantly kill them, they get rocked by splash damage and then you can just melee bash them. This makes games of domination a cakewalk. And oh, the glorious post-kill whining(especially if you plant the shield above a fallen person's head like a tombstone)!

Lol awesome! Always can appreciate a fellow shield user :)

Loveeee the fast melee. I've taken a break from using the shield but I think I need to go back to it. Too much fun.

So on some maps you get special kill streaks or something, like the solar laser thing on the map solar, or the tanks on comeback.

Does anyone know how to activate them?

Top Bottom