• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

RedAssedApe

Banned
So on some maps you get special kill streaks or something, like the solar laser thing on the map solar, or the tanks on comeback.

Does anyone know how to activate them?

pretty sure its the same as any other kill streak. using the d-pad? think my fave is the inmate tracking system on the prison map

Splinter

Does anyone have the current active players online for both PS4 and Xbox One?

Any sales numbers reported for both consoles?

I'm interested to see how the numbers stack up seeing as last gen the 360 seemed to be the dominant CoD/FPS console.

Duxxy3

I'm interested to see how the numbers stack up seeing as last gen the 360 seemed to be the dominant CoD/FPS console.

Nope on all of that. There is no way to see active players and no numbers of any kind have been given.

Sorry if this has been talked about within the 140 pages of this thread, but how does the PS3 version of this game stack up? I only own PS3, Wii U, and decent PC, but I'm not sure if my PC would run it perfect or not.

RedAssedApe

Banned
is the ps4 version down right now? keep getting "cod service is not available at this time"

Nope on all of that. There is no way to see active players and no numbers of any kind have been given.

looking at the leaderboards can kind of give you an idea of how many people have played the mp

Alienous

I keep watching killcams and apparently I'm standing like a lemon, inhaling bullet, when I think I'm dashing to the side or boosting into the air.

Dedicated servers, maaaaan. I need 'em.

Surbii

Banned
This is my first FPS on PC and I can't aim at all. I have mouse acceleration off, low sensitivity, and I aim with my arm lifted off the desk. Any tips?

I just discovered one of the most fun classes to use. If you really like shotguns in the COD games, especially MW2 hipfiring, try this:

Tac-19 - laser sight, foregrip
Perk 1 - Lightweight, low profile
Perk 2 - gung ho(this is essential)
Perk 3 - blast supressor
Exo ability - overclock

Gung ho makes this class ridiculous because you dont have to stop sprinting to ready your gun. If you get good with your exo abilities, you will destroy people.

I was a huge fan of hipfiring the SPAS in MW2, if that gun was in this game, it would be unstoppable

Man, the reactions to this game have done a complete 180 since the first couple days.

Very interesting!

Because the game ran well the first few days and it actually was the most enjoyable COD in years, now everything has gone to shit.

You have an auto kill sniper that gets headshots if so much as your toes are anywhere inside the scope area.
playing respawn became impossible because you literally spawn in the same corner as the enemy.
you can't even have cover because to enemies you are standing out in the open.

VLEXP

This is my first FPS on PC and I can't aim at all. I have mouse acceleration off, low sensitivity, and I aim with my arm lifted off the desk. Any tips?

That is my same problem
Have you tried using a controller?
Or go in the shooting range and practice there

RedAssedApe

Banned

ps4 leaderboard for career shows 1,686,049. i believe thats how many people have played any of the mp modes at least once?

jeffc919

Do we know for sure that there are no dedicated servers, as in has anyone actually been able to prove this? I'm just wondering for instance if they could be using a hybrid solution like they did for ghosts and there is some other "netcode" issue, or there may just not be enough of them so sometimes we're getting dumped into p2p. I just find it odd that I've yet to see a host migration, yet I know others say they've seen them. With 7-8 hours played, I'd expect to have seen a host migration by now if it's only p2p. Are we just assuming there are no dedicated servers because the lag / lag comp / netcode has been so bad at times?

This story seem to only be decent if you don't think about it too much.
Why would Irons keep a recording of the one thing that could ruin him?
How does a terrorist group manage to coordinate a strike on 10+ nuclear power plants simultaneously across the world?
Hades was the one with the recording.
Irons was behind the whole thing thats how the KVA managed

I'm shocked more people don't run 5 or 6 perks instead of scorestreaks entirely. I've been running 6 perks, no scorestreaks, because fuck em. You die so frequently that getting the higher scorestreaks is difficult and then when you do get them they are relatively worthless.

Yes, I've come to realize this. I still wish for them to be buffed. Feels odd that most exo abilities and scorestreaks are worthless when they are part of the game.

I do think that certain scorestreak mods would make them very effective, and I think they were nerfed by default for this purpose, but I need to test it out.

It's crazy how good UAV mods are. You can definitely change the tide of battle with good UAV coverage.

I still feel Black Ops had the best killstreaks. 11 was the max, but featured well powerful streaks, yet the lower tier streaks were equally well designed. A Napalm strike on domination was both devastating and smart for the gameplay.

I don't see any of that in this game.

Sorry if this has been talked about within the 140 pages of this thread, but how does the PS3 version of this game stack up? I only own PS3, Wii U, and decent PC, but I'm not sure if my PC would run it perfect or not.

It runs fine. Not like current gen versions of course, but I am having no issues with anything.

Do we know for sure that there are no dedicated servers, as in has anyone actually been able to prove this? I'm just wondering for instance if they could be using a hybrid solution like they did for ghosts and there is some other "netcode" issue, or there may just not be enough of them so sometimes we're getting dumped into p2p. I just find it odd that I've yet to see a host migration, yet I know others say they've seen them. With 7-8 hours played, I'd expect to have seen a host migration by now if it's only p2p. Are we just assuming there are no dedicated servers because the lag / lag comp / netcode has been so bad at times?

Considering they sent a tweet before release pretty much saying "we have dedicated servers for some of the platforms, we'll let you know what's up at some point" and haven't let us know anything since, I don't trust that they have anything besides straight up shitty p2p.

Oh, and I have seen host migration.

Pastry

Banned
The way ranked play awards points is idiotic. I shouldn't lose points for joining a 3/4 done game where my team is losing horribly.

Cavalier

Banned

Not sales numbers but global leaderboard numbers:
1.5mil on PS4 and 1.3mil on X1
As of 1-2 day(s) ago

Jarrod38

I just discovered one of the most fun classes to use. If you really like shotguns in the COD games, especially MW2 hipfiring, try this:

Tac-19 - laser sight, foregrip
Perk 1 - Lightweight, low profile
Perk 2 - gung ho(this is essential)
Perk 3 - blast supressor
Exo ability - overclock

Gung ho makes this class ridiculous because you dont have to stop sprinting to ready your gun. If you get good with your exo abilities, you will destroy people.

I was a huge fan of hipfiring the SPAS in MW2, if that gun was in this game, it would be unstoppable

I'll give this a try.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
For some reason I can't seem to be able to play this game online unless I'm using thr KF5. I want to use other guns but none of them are nearly as reliable.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
feels so good throwing up ur sheidl then killing someone

Hip Hop

For some reason I can't seem to be able to play this game online unless I'm using thr KF5. I want to use other guns but none of them are nearly as reliable.

Really?

I thought that gun had horrible recoil. Any SMG as a matter of fact feels like a disadvantage. Definitely need a buff for all them imo.

hypotc

I've replayed the last mission over four times on veteran now. Not getting the completion trophy. After the credits, I go to the mission list, and it shows that the last mission is not completed.

This is frustrating as fuck. Is this a known bug? Don't know what the hell is happening, I just want my god damn trophy.

kendrid

Banned
I thought I read somewhere that the shotguns in this game were awful, but I'm having a BLAST with them.

I really think it depends on lag.

I once went 28-4 in a FFA match using the shotgun. No one could stop me.

Most other matches I am 1:1 with it. I really think that first match I was host or had some sort of host advantage.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Played some more, and man, I really ain't feeling it. the multiplayer is broken to the point that I just cannot enjoy it.

I was going to write a pretty big post about it, but i can probably summarize my feelings without putting the effort into a mega-post.

The regular CoD problems of extremely low TTK, full-auto dominance, poor spawning system, no penalty on death, etc. are all still there and some are even more pronounced than before due to the Exo movement trivializing map knowledge and map traversal. If someone is shooting at you and that person is not already in your crosshairs ( which is about 80% of the time, as anyone can come from anywhere at anytime ), you are pretty much dead. The TTK is just too low to be able to react or run away, and even the tiniest amounts of lag can completely skew the match in your opponent's favor. Because everyone can now navigate anywhere quickly, it is also pretty much impossible to re-spawn in a 'safe' place, as someone is always around the corner or just a single jump away from you. So many of my deaths are from within the first three seconds after respawn, and I also fairly often just get handed free kills due to spawning into an unaware enemy's back. And man, there is pretty much no reason at all to use anything that isn't a full-auto assault rifle; burst and semi-auto rifles just don't get the job done and the LMGs are just horrible. Shotguns also seem to have been significantly downgraded from previous CoDs and SMGs are simply outclassed by the super-accurate full-auto ARs. as a result, in an overwhelming majority of my matches, the only weapons I see used are the AK12, the BAL, and that HBR-or-whatever-it's-called. It's so boring. And as a side note, I have always found passive perks / attachments / abilities that exist solely as a hard-counter to other perks / attachments / abilities to be extremely lazy and poor game design and the Parabolic Microphone that this game has introduced is a horrible continuation of that trend; a hard-counter designed solely to counter another hard-counter.

And the above problems are 'just' the things that came to mind while posting this.

This multiplayer is a mess and far less enjoyable to me than even Ghosts.

In my opinion; BO > BO2 >>> MW3 > MW2 >>> Ghosts >>>>>> AW

I thought I read somewhere that the shotguns in this game were awful, but I'm having a BLAST with them.

Those people who are saying that just don't know how to use them. They're still slightly underpowered I think, but you can get a bunch of kills if you set your perks accordingly.

You also need to know how to use exo movement if you're in a less confined area.

Card Boy

Banned
I got to round 34 by myself on Exo Survival and fell off a cliff, 1hr down the drain. I might local co-op it :(

Play on Bio-Lab as there is a roof near the Exo upgrade station where you can camp and the enemies jump through the middle and on 1 side. So you can camp it.

Copy this video if you want to do the Exo Flip Flop achievement. The enemies are dumb as fuck on that roof. Play on regular difficulty of course as online matchmaking is like set to Hardened or Veteran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCtLeVlF2q0

Hip Hop

Is it just me or is that jungle map one of the worst COD maps ever? I can't think of anything about it that I like.

I like it!

Mainly because it has a good flow. Left side, middle, right side. It seems most maps work on this so I can't say I hate any of them.

And there has been way, way worse when it comes to maps on past COD games.

J.EM1

So I tried the online MP. It's fun, but I was getting my ass handed to me. I think I'll stick with bots. I really, really wish all the camos and gear were unlocked in private matches.

Top Bottom